Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are fine with people being screwed out of their money just so that the arguments stop? You've got some issues. But then again, you always treat people with scorn and ridicule and treat the companies like they are saints, so how can I be surprised?
I'm pretty sure he does actually

My unlocked subscription expires on the 14th of Aug, will I still be eligible for the $20? I already have GTA preordered.

I just checked BestBuy's RewardZone site https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com and all the points I have earned since my last cert have disappeared. My purchase history shows the points, but they do not appear in my point total. No new certs have been issued. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm pretty sure he does actually
There's an expressions I like. "Better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Whenever you post, this always comes to mind.

It's pretty clear that kuropansa is obviously someone who was banned and came back with an axe to grind and multiple people shoot him down about the tax thing. Yet, here you are, come walking along and jump onto his coattails and take a shot at me.

Well done, sir. Well done. Thank you for removing all doubt.

Can anyone give me, or point me to details on whatever the welcome packet is for GCU? 

I looked around and it sounds like the coupons now come in an email a few days after signing up, and can be used online, but I couldn't find any details on what the coupons actually are.

Is there a Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon that can be used on NEW games? I seem to remember getting a B2G1 new coupon and a B2G1 used coupon, along with two others when I subscribed over a year ago.

I ask because my brothers and I each want a copy of GTAV. I figured the best deal would be to renew my expired GCU sub, get a new welcome packet, which hopefully comes with a B2G1 new copy, use it on three copies of GTAV, and get that bonus $20 for one of the copies.

If I remember correctly the Buy 2 get one free coupon had a limit on it for games priced 29.99 dollars or less

But this was when it was still being mailed out, so it might have changed

If I remember correctly the Buy 2 get one free coupon had a limit on it for games priced 29.99 dollars or less

But this was when it was still being mailed out, so it might have changed
Exclusive Savings for
MKT_WB_Spacer.gif
BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE NEW GAMES (CONSOLE OR PC) VALUED UP TO $39.99
MKT_WB_Spacer.gif
SINGLE USE – ONE TIME ONLY

Directly from the welcome pack.
Also these don't last only for a month, whenever I check the expiration date is moved further and further back.

I ask because my brothers and I each want a copy of GTAV. I figured the best deal would be to renew my expired GCU sub, get a new welcome packet, which hopefully comes with a B2G1 new copy, use it on three copies of GTAV, and get that bonus $20 for one of the copies.
Well, you can't get GTAV as the free game, but any other game that is $40 or less, good to go.

Can you use BB gift cards on Kindle Cards? Thinking of grabbing Madden with my expiring cert rather than just waiting on South Park since, with the $20 off trading it for $45 when I'm finished with it I would be up $15 and could still preorder South Park later or cash out for some Amazon credit.

Can you use BB gift cards on Kindle Cards? Thinking of grabbing Madden with my expiring cert rather than just waiting on South Park since, with the $20 off trading it for $45 when I'm finished with it I would be up $15 and could still preorder South Park later or cash out for some Amazon credit.
Yes, you can buy Kindle cards with Best Buy gift cards or RZ certs.

Exclusive Savings for
MKT_WB_Spacer.gif
BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE NEW GAMES (CONSOLE OR PC) VALUED UP TO $39.99
MKT_WB_Spacer.gif
SINGLE USE – ONE TIME ONLY

Directly from the welcome pack.
Also these don't last only for a month, whenever I check the expiration date is moved further and further back.

Well, you can't get GTAV as the free game, but any other game that is $40 or less, good to go.
Thanks... Now that you mention it, I remember the $39.99 thing.

htz - I remember you mentioning this elsewhere but should we update the OP to state that the Batman steelbook promo is only for online preorders?

htz - I remember you mentioning this elsewhere but should we update the OP to state that the Batman steelbook promo is only for online preorders?
I don't think it was me because I didn't even know about it till you mentioned it right now. Will add to OP, thanks.

So who's pre-ording and buying Madden 25 for ps3 and not a Dallas fan :)

Everyone see the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/batman-arkham-origins-collectors-edition-revealed

I haven't bought a collector's edition of anything since the first Arkham game (still have the batarang on display in my man cave), but man this looks freaking sweet. Will probably preorder this version even thuogh there is a bunch of other stuff coming out at the same time that I want to get.

[quote name="Anexanhume" post="10981727" timestamp="1376492915"]
No 1st party games.[/quote]
If that was the case the last of us would not been on the 20 gaming certificates for gcu. Because suppose-ably naughty dog is a first party developer. Heavy rain was a amazing game so I'm excited to see what is instore for this developer next. Even though I have too many games preordered already. So I'm just looking for a deal that is all.

If that was the case the last of us would not been on the 20 gaming certificates for gcu. Because suppose-ably naughty dog is a first party developer. Heavy rain was a amazing game so I'm excited to see what is instore for this developer next. Even though I have too many games preordered already. So I'm just looking for a deal that is all.
This is a completely new promotion that is separate from that one. There's no 1st party games in this new promotion that all reward zone members are eligible for.

It's been such a long time since I've participated in the promotion, didn't realize all the changes. Thanks to the OP for laying out the info. Time to preorder GTA V with the $20 promotion as a GCU member.

Nothing online says GTAV gets 20, think they will still honor it? I just got my 20 from splinter cell already processed, would love to be able to get GTAV on release date for 40 and get 20 back :)

Never tried pre-ordering from Best Buy before so I just had a quick question. What happens if I decide to return a game (unopened, of course) after pre-ordering it? Do I only get $50 back to make up the difference from the $10 certificate?

Never tried pre-ordering from Best Buy before so I just had a quick question. What happens if I decide to return a game (unopened, of course) after pre-ordering it? Do I only get $50 back to make up the difference from the $10 certificate?
Your Reward Zone account would have 1000 points deducted from it, but you would still get your full refund.

Definite mistake but regular (360/PS3) and SE editions (360) of GTA V are in the free section. I was able to get a regular and SE copy of the 360 for $80. Even though I checked the SE version to be free, it charged me for that and zero'd out the regular copy.
Yeah I left out that little tidbit, but I see the cat is out of the bag.

Yeah, I put an order in for 2x GTA for PS3 for store pick up. It charged me 64 and change so ill see if it gets canceled or not, lol.

Figured it doesnt hurt to try.

Wasn't showing free using Firefox, but did with IE. Ordered a GTA V for PS3 and GTA V for 360. We'll see how quick they cancel this buy one get 1 free. I did order to be delivered, not store pick up, which I think is the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back