* * * * * 14 votes

Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Poll: Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (1656 member(s) have cast votes)

What games are you planning to pre-order?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2551 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2481 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

When did BBY jack the free shipping up from $25 to $35?

#2552 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

When did BBY jack the free shipping up from $25 to $35?

few months ago

#2553 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

I think they followed suit with Amazon after they followed Walmart.

#2554 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Does anyone have an idea what the general interest level is for evolve?

Aside from NIS limited editions and a few exceptions I stopped pre ordering games and just waiting for them to drop in price. But, I am interested in evolve a lot and I know left 4 dead was best in its first 4 months when it was new and a lot of people played it so Im not sure how flush it will be with players.

I think if I get it Ill get the PC version.

#2555 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6700 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Does anyone have an idea what the general interest level is for evolve?

Aside from NIS limited editions and a few exceptions I stopped pre ordering games and just waiting for them to drop in price. But, I am interested in evolve a lot and I know left 4 dead was best in its first 4 months when it was new and a lot of people played it so Im not sure how flush it will be with players.

I think if I get it Ill get the PC version.

From what I have heard interest is high. I enjoyed L4D a decent bit, but L4D2 was horrible for me so I personally have zero interest in this game until it's $10-20.

#2556 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

From what I have heard interest is high. I enjoyed L4D a decent bit, but L4D2 was horrible for me so I personally have zero interest in this game until it's $10-20.

Turtlerock made L4D1 though and valve made L4D2. So Id say its safe to assume this will be just as good since valve has nothing to do with evolve. I agree though l4d2 was god awful and missed everything that made l4d1 so good.

#2557 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

When are they gonna be adding more games cause if not I'm gonna wait till Black Friday

#2558 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

What the odds that 1886 for the ps4 get added to the $10?

#2559 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

$10 pre-order/purchase request thread is live & there`s a release calendar linked in the OP.

***PLEASE!!! **** Try to limit your requests to titles confirmed for a 2014 release AND list the titles you want vs just saying "everything on the list".
Also, list games for EVERY SYSTEM YOU WANNA SEE including PSVita, 3DS & WiiU(PC versions have recently been added to $10 promos going forward.
http://forums.bestbu...es/idi-p/825926

#2560 Leftykins  

Leftykins

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

$10 pre-order/purchase request thread is live & there`s a release calendar linked in the OP.

***PLEASE!!! **** Try to limit your requests to titles confirmed for a 2014 release AND list the titles you want vs just saying "everything on the list".
Also, list games for EVERY SYSTEM YOU WANNA SEE including PSVita, 3DS & WiiU(PC version have resented been added to $10 promos going forward.
http://forums.bestbu...es/idi-p/825926

I posted on it. Does that actually work though? I feel like a lot of people will just go in there and post "ADD EVERTHING PLZ."

#2561 Deathdenial   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Deathdenial

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

I posted on it. Does that actually work though? I feel like a lot of people will just go in there and post "ADD EVERTHING PLZ."

I did as well, I am sure there will be someone that say they will get everything that is added or something haha

#2562 stevey22   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

stevey22

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

Does anyone know for sure if you pre-order a game coming out in december. If I pre-order today at bestbuydotcom using my bestbuy credit card will I be charged interest if I don't pay off that purchase until I actually pick it up in the store. Is it in a pending status until its picked up. (Someone told me this is the case therefore you don't have to pay it off similar to amazons system). However I have received information that said otherwise as well. So which is it?

#2563 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

MK8 was the most recent completed credit add on
http://forums.bestbu...-8/idi-p/803776

20% of the completed ideax are gaming related 75%-90% of the gaming related postings are mainly CAG supported.The last request thread like this was approved with great support have no doubts this one will follow suit.
http://forums.bestbu...ce-view=desktop

They already said even if a game doesn`t get the $10 pre-order offer there`s still ways to score instant giftcards, day 1 discounts(buy 2 on release get ___ off or extra mybb pts), targeted trade in promo etc. Having a baseline of what "customers want" allows teams to actively/aggressively go after certain titles.
Dragon Age has a individual one with good support as well I`ve voted on it as well.

#2564 Leftykins  

Leftykins

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:04 AM

MK8 was the most recent completed credit add on
http://forums.bestbu...-8/idi-p/803776

20% of the completed ideax are gaming related 75%-90% of the gaming related postings are mainly CAG supported.The last request thread like this was approved with great support have no doubts this one will follow suit.

They already said even if a game doesn`t get the $10 pre-order offer there`s still ways to score instant giftcards, day 1 discounts(buy 2 on release get ___ off or extra mybb pts), targeted trade in promo etc. Having a baseline of what "customers want" allows teams to actively/aggressively go after certain titles.
Dragon Age has a individual one with good support as well I`ve voted on it as well.

Sounds good to me man, I'm all for saving money on games I already want to play.

#2565 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Yes, we got Dragon Age Inquisition to under review :) http://forums.bestbu...-p/826618#M5380

#2566 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Probably too late to mater, but could y'all throw some love at The Last of Us Reamstered?

#2567 srac84  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

ya was wondering about the last of us as well.. since kmart and dell are offering points or gift cards cant best buy offer a 10 dollar rz certificate? :)

#2568 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I want forza horizon 2 so bad for the $10

#2569 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Master Chief Collection, and The Phantom Pain certificates would get me to cancel preorders at other stores and order at BB.

#2570 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

Update:Regarding a possible increase of $20 pre-order credit(5 for $100 hybrid) or other GCU exclusive credit increases beyond $10.
http://forums.bestbu...rs/idi-p/804812

Diablo 3 Ultimate has also been moved along
http://forums.bestbu...il/idi-p/820478

Probably too late to mater, but could y'all throw some love at The Last of Us Reamstered?

The mario kart 8 $10 promo was last minute too but there was previous thread for TLOU & PS4/XB1 GTAv before it got added.

Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Master Chief Collection, and The Phantom Pain certificates would get me to cancel preorders at other stores and order at BB.

You gotta post em there my vote only counts once(and I can`t vote on my own ideax anyways) I`ve told them adding titles will have a major positive effect on GCU & pre-order totals. Basically, they`re saying ok show & prove it again 92 ppl last time can it happen again.

"Would anyone else like to see additional titles added to this promotion? If so, which ones? Remember to vote for an idea if you like it."
That`s all it takes

#2571 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

Ok enuf, I'll do as you say!

#2572 Whinterfell   Games are Coming. CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Whinterfell

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

I really need to be more active here in the BB preorder thread.  Completely missed the price matching of the Wolfenstein purchase.

#2573 doubledown   Funky Daddy CAGiversary!   11758 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Pre-ordered Madden and NHL 15.  Had a $65 RZ cert from buying a new washer/dryer.  They put on ONE cert, so I had to get two games ;) 

Too bad no love for NHL 15....every damn year.

#2574 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

They shot down Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil and Dragon Age Inquisition. Oh well :(

#2575 ghost1914  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

They shot down Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil and Dragon Age Inquisition. Oh well :(

I find that particular ideax thread pointless as I am sure if they could add it to every game, they would. I am sure they try to get approval from the publisher and the publisher says no or we are giving you this pre order bonus already etc. Or corporate sees certain titles as definite big sellers and see no reason to add it.

#2576 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

I find that particular ideax thread pointless as I am sure if they could add it to every game, they would. I am sure they try to get approval from the publisher and the publisher says no or we are giving you this pre order bonus already etc. Or corporate sees certain titles as definite big sellers and see no reason to add it.

They add CoD and battlefield titles, so big sellers wouldn't be a deterrent. They also have other Activision and EA titles on their  list, so that's not it either. I suppose they do it when they think they can drive pre-orders to them or they know the sales profiles on certain franchises compared to overall performance and they think it is advantageous to grab a larger share of that franchise's expected performance.

However, enuf has had successful threads with specific titles listed in them before.

#2577 ghost1914  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

They add CoD and battlefield titles, so big sellers wouldn't be a deterrent. They also have other Activision and EA titles on their list, so that's not it either. I suppose they do it when they think they can drive pre-orders to them or they know the sales profiles on certain franchises compared to overall performance and they think it is advantageous to grab a larger share of that franchise's expected performance.

However, enuf has had successful threads with specific titles listed in them before.

Well none of us know why they choose some titles and not others so it's pointless to speculate. And I have yet to see a game added to the list because of the ideax thread. I have seen them all get shot down though.

#2578 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well none of us know why they choose some titles and not others so it's pointless to speculate.

That's exactly what you did in response to my reply that they decided not to add them.

And I have yet to see a game added to the list because of the ideax thread. I have seen them all get shot down though.

You didn't see this one? http://forums.bestbu...mo/idi-p/531520

#2579 ghost1914  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

That's exactly what you did in response to my reply that they decided not to add them.

You didn't see this one? http://forums.bestbu...mo/idi-p/531520

Since that was 2 whole years ago, no I did not. And that was before gcu came around as well. I am going based off what I have seen since I have been on here and I haven't seen one approved yet in that time frame.

#2580 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Can you really blame Best Buy for shooting down the ideaX topics on the regular?  Honestly, there are almost 2600 posts in this topic and the topics on ideaX struggle to get 20 votes.

I'll admit I didn't even know about it until enuf told me, but we would be better off throwing a vote in rather than complaining.  Most of the posters in this topic all have Best Buy accounts anyway.