Saints Row IV - Game of the Generation Edition *In Stock* do it for cheapy!

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This one is super limited so this may be your last chance.  They said they were going to release a few more copies and here they are.  Supposedly there are 5k of these, just not sure if that's per system.  This is in the wonderful collectors thread but thought this needed its own thread.  I know it wont last long.

Saints Row IV Generation Edition - 360 129.99 @ Amazon

Saints Row IV Generation Edition - PS3 129.99 @Amazon 

Included - 12" Dub Step gun replica; 8" Johnny Gat Memorial Statue; pocket-sized Dubstep Doomsday Button; lighted display case; velvet bag; in-game items from Commander in Chief pre-order bonus - Screaming Eagle VTOL, Uncle Sam uniform, 'Merica gun

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the cover art will be different too. I bought one because I like Saints Row, but also because I want to put ridiculous shit in that display case.

Hm... I'm interested in this but kinda touch to pull the trigger on this, since all the extra items are probably going to be crap quality.

Already paid off wub wub edition at Gamestop, so I will have to pass on a light up case, pretty neat though!

Hm... I'm interested in this but kinda touch to pull the trigger on this, since all the extra items are probably going to be crap quality.
here is an unboxing video of the extra items in the saints row iv collectors editions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IxrxKdUhH8

Both links seem to only bring up the 360 version. If you buy it for PS3 make sure you click the selector for it.

That has got to be the best name for any LE ever. I almost thought about buying it because of the "Game of the generation edition" alone.

So tempting. Already got the wub wub edition paid off at gamestop. I mostly want the johnny gat statue, but that lit case sure is purty...

I guess they have to do something (i.e. create wacky names for their CE's and include wacky items) to get the attention away from everything else that is happening over the next few months. 

Enjoy your 15 seconds SRIV

I guess they have to do something (i.e. create wacky names for their CE's and include wacky items) to get the attention away from everything else that is happening over the next few months.

Enjoy your 15 seconds SRIV
mainly because gta v is stealing all the spot light, in terms of sandbox/ open world genre game.

It's like a Collectors Edition that insults Collectors Editions...and Collectors of Collectors Editions.

I love it, and its name...but I'm not going to pay extra for this cheap crap.  Enjoy your shelf-junk :D

Damn. 130 bucks. If I was gonna drop over a 100 on a CE, it probably would have been The Last of Us. But it looks already too late for that now.

I was gonna say the same thing. For limited items, allowing pre-orders of 30 or more doesn't make sense. Either Amazon goofed, or this isn't as limited as let on.

I learned a long time ago that the terms limited edition and collectors edition mean nothing really. What annoys me most though isn't really the price with these CE/LE's, it's that many times the extras are downloads or other digital junk. If I'm paying twice what the regular version of the game is going to cost, I want a physical dust collector for my shelf for that price.

But some CE's can't even do that right imo.

The worst offender in this right was the Duke Nukem Forever CE, which came with a 6" or so bust of Duke in a box that was about 1/4 the size of most CE versions of games.

But seeing this version with the light up case and the dubstep gun and other extras makes me smile, since the extras seem decent for the added money. But is it wrong that I'm considering getting this to use the light up case for my Alduin statue from my Skyrim CE?

that guy who listed 10 of them on ebay has to be a CAG. He also buys tons of the Bethesda lithos puts them up 10 at a time and now seems to be stuck with them all. Main reason they probably sell out so fast.

Well, I just placed my pre-order for Saints Row IV (Game of the Generation Edition), Xbox 360 version. I really hope this edition is actually limited... :booty:

Wow, didn't think this would sell out since most of those items are junk. I better order one for xbox before they sell out too.

As a fellow jackass I have pretty must destroyed my wallet, life and room with these collector editions.  With that said this one looks to have more going for it than most.  There have been some real stinkers in the past and this one doesn't look to be one.  I assume this will be selling in the 180-200 range upon release.  Surprised the PS3 sold out first.  Probably more 360 copies made available than PS3 copies I would assume.

I'm not sure if this is the same gun size but here's a pic I took during sdcc week.

nb7zd.jpg

here is an unboxing video of the extra items in the saints row iv collectors editions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IxrxKdUhH8
i already posted the unboxing video of the inside content for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back