- - - - -

CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Madden 25 League Gentlemens JV Fans Football

#451 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, that's why I was one of the all time best in Mario Party 2.

And let me just say that I'm glad we dodged the bullet on Timbo Slice trying to join this league. Holy Fuck.

#452 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have no idea where we are sitting right now but with clearing up a couple games as vs CPU, any chance we advance this afternoon/before football start?

#453 scrub0bk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I have no idea where we are sitting right now but with clearing up a couple games as vs CPU, any chance we advance this afternoon/before football start?

me and joey are playing our game after the 4pm football games. so i dont think were advancing before then at the earliest

#454 twick87  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

So I haven't heard anything from the Patriots since Wednesday. Am I able to play his CPU at this point?

#455 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Sorry. Early advances aren't really our thing. And I definitely don't want to start the habit of pestering that goes on in the Official League. Things are much more casual in here.

So I haven't heard anything from the Patriots since Wednesday. Am I able to play his CPU at this point?

Yeah, but I doubt he's on auto-pilot. And it's going to be a little while before I'm able to get to that. I think that guy is about done. I'm pretty sure he signed up for 2-3 Madden leagues, and now all of a sudden has abandoned all of them. It takes a special guy to have that lack of self-awareness. If I could just boot him from the website, I'd do that.

#456 qwerrhdjddjd  

qwerrhdjddjd

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm already to advance :)

#457 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I was unable to make our scheduled time on Thursday night, but KingOfOldSchool hasn't responded to me since then. Not sure what's up.

#458 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Putting the Partiots on auto pilot now. Feel free to play that game as soon as you can, Twick.

EDIT - Derp...nevermind, lol. He was also one of the ones who never bothered to join. So, yeah. I'm just going to revoke his invite. Obviously, you can still play this game at anytime.

#459 twick87  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Ok thanks, I will play my game around 7 tonight

#460 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Another topic of conversation...there is a slider for fumbles. The default is 50. Anyone think it should be turned down? If so, to what?

#461 qwerrhdjddjd  

qwerrhdjddjd

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Another topic of conversation...there is a slider for fumbles. The default is 50. Anyone think it should be turned down? If so, to what?

I don't think so

#462 jbake_11   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

jbake_11

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

I didn't have a problem in my game with fumbles but nevertheless I vote to lower by a bit. Maybe 35 or 40

#463 dr0ppinL0adz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

dr0ppinL0adz

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'm good with where the fumble setting is. I had a couple fumbles in my game but they were warranted..one was a Cutler scramble, another was when Forte got hit while trying to do a move.

#464 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2905 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

So how about the Panthers absolutely demolishing the Giants? :D

In other news, I played the Seahawks vs Panthers CPU game. I won 28-14.

Also, I think the fumble setting is fine where it is.

#465 Flyersfan   The Dude CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Fumbles were fine in KasterDB and I game as well. I believe we each had one and they were on big hits.

#466 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16969 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Man, what in the hell is up with my first games being ridiculous abnormalities? lol...people are going to start thinking I'm making shit up. Chris Johnson had 2 fumbles in mine and swift fix's game alone...one of which came when I tried to utilize EA's stupid "precision modifier" leap over the line play at the goalline where it seemed like he wasn't touched (other than maybe hitting the ball on one of his own lineman's helmet). Then, I think both QBs had fumbles, fumbles on kickoffs, receiver fumbles. Honest to God, we had at least 6 or 7. But yeah, if this is an aberration, I'll accept it. I just don't know why EA keeps fucking with me, lol.

#467 Superstar   CAG Superstar! CAGiversary!   2081 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Superstar

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I've seen no issues with fumbles with my games in both leagues.

#468 Mr Grand Cru   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Mr Grand Cru

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

I know this is the fans league so I wanted to pop in and say Go Ravens !!!

#469 scrub0bk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

i had 3 in my game and i dont think joey had any. 2 of mine were on vick keepers that made sense

#470 twick87  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

The CPU Patriots had no answer for CJ Spiller today as he set an NFL record with 364 yards rushing in a blowout. If only he could do that in real life :(

#471 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

The CPU Patriots had no answer for CJ Spiller today as he set an NFL record with 364 yards rushing in a blowout. If only he could do that in real life :(

573 yards of offense against the CPU, and it looks like Fred Jackson only had 3 carries. Direct violation of this:

There will be times during this franchise that you will have to play the CPU. Whether it's because that team is currently without an owner or the owner is just unavailable to play, these games should be approached in the same manner as games against a human opponent. General expectations are that CPU games are "easy wins". It is also acknowledged that CPU teams do not manage the clock well and will frequently turn the ball over when they are behind. Of course, you can run your offense and play the game normally. But once the 4th quarter begins, if you have more than a 2 score lead, you should be running the ball and chewing up clock. If you are a running team, you should also strongly consider bringing in your backups to not only avoid accusation...but injury as well. Running up the score and mining XP for your players will not be tolerated and anyone discovered to be doing so will receive a strike.

Hope you've got an explanation.

#472 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

We have advanced to Week 2. The deadline will be 9/26!

#473 twick87  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

573 yards of offense against the CPU, and it looks like Fred Jackson only had 3 carries. Direct violation of this:

Hope you've got an explanation.

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't aware of this rule.  It was not intentional.  CJ had 3 carries of about 80 yards apiece in the first half when the score was still close.  About halfway thru the third quarter I started running out the clock (no pun intended) and it didn't even dawn on me to put in my backups.  Once the notification on the screen popped up that CJ had broken the record I started throwing the ball more and stopped running with him.  To be fair he only had like 22 carries, it's not like I ran the ball every single play.  My pass/run ratio was around 50/50.  Also, I figured nobody would care since it was against the CPU.  I didn't even realize that we rack up XP during these games (never used it before).

Anyways, now that I am aware of the rule, I won't do it again.  As you know, I was in the "Gentleman's League" last year and dropped out after week 5 when I was 0-5 and getting blown out every week.  I was honestly so surprised that I was playing so well I had to pause the game to check if the difficulty was on "rookie" or something.  I was expecting the CPU games to be much more difficult as I remember losing to them both times last year.

Anyways, I'm sorry to anyone I may have offended, believe me it was not intentional.

#474 twick87  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

FWIW I noticed that Adrian Peterson also had close to 350 yards this week.  Not sure if that was against a user or the CPU tho...

#475 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

FWIW I noticed that Adrian Peterson also had close to 350 yards this week.  Not sure if that was against a user or the CPU tho...

Well, that was against a human opponent, but the more relevant issue there is it was only a 10 point game. In close games, you can obviously leave your starters in. The issue is when the game is well in hand, no reasonable NFL coach would risk injury to his star players (and considering injuries in this game, that's taking a hell of a chance). There were a couple other blowout games I looked at (Chiefs/Jags, Dolphins/Browns), but their numbers weren't quite as gaudy, and the blowouts weren't as bad. Whether or not this means they chewed clock more than you, I can't determine. The post-game stats only show so much.

But by your own admission though, once you realized Spiller had broken the yardage record in the 3rd quarter, you decided to start throwing the ball? I really hope that didn't continue into the 4th quarter...as that becomes its own issue. I did see you had 4 passing TDs as well.

I understand where you're coming from though, and yeah...I know you didn't play much or find a lot of success last year. But this is a separate matter, and it's a rule violation on its own merit. And everyone who joins this league is expected to read over, be aware of, and abide by the rules. They're in the OP in detail. But nothing about this needs to be personal or inflammatory. It happens and we have consequences for it. So, I'm going to give you your warning strike on this. I hate to do that so early, but I really really want things to be as cut and dry as possible this year. If somebody is out of line, they get a strike, and we move on.

No hard feelings. I doubt anybody is going to hate you over it, and it's obviously not a reflection of your character. You overlooked a rule, and that's the way it goes. It's like missing a speed limit sign. It happens. But I do hope this serves as motivation to take a closer look at the rules and policies as written in the OP (obviously, that's something for everyone else to consider as well).

#476 qwerrhdjddjd  

qwerrhdjddjd

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

XBL kingsparxxxx84 feel free to add me guys

#477 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

@AttackingMVP Wednesday or Thursday early morning this week let me know thanks

While members are expected to keep up with this thread, you should be sending your opponent a private message to schedule your game. You can easily do this by looking in the first post of this thread, finding his team, and clicking on his CAG username. Thanks!

#478 qwerrhdjddjd  

qwerrhdjddjd

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Oh alright

#479 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3610 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I have to admit that I also missed the section about CPU rules in the OP. While I genuinely couldn't care less about anyone thrashing the CPU and re-writing the record book, I will obviously respect the rule going forward (even though I didn't do that much out of the ordinary) .

#480 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16969 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I have to admit that I also missed the section about CPU rules in the OP. While I genuinely couldn't care less about anyone thrashing the CPU and re-writing the record book, I will obviously respect the rule going forward (even though I didn't do that much out of the ordinary) .

It's not about rewriting the record book. The issue is earning an absurd amount of XP that allows you to turn your players into superheroes and further exploit an already poorly programmed game. I don't expect people to be gaining 370 yards of rushing every week, but it's still wise to have limits in place.

And like it was mentioned before, if you used Miller (or Twick used Spiller) one more time in the 4th quarter...up by 4+ scores...and he breaks his leg and is out 12 weeks, that would seem pretty silly wouldn't it?

But yeah, the biggest difference between the two of you is Miller had 7 fewer attempts and about 200 less yards. I'm sure Spiller was having a better game prior to the 4th quarter...but really, that's all the more reason to ease up and give him a break in the 4th.

And mostly, this league had some issues with people running up the score and mining XP against the CPU (ironically with the Bills). Just want to cut that off before it starts.