CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Your not alone in seeing a lot of injuries N8. Rodgers has been injured in about half of the games I have played, 3 out of 6. It is nice to see that defensive players are not getting injured for putting big hits on quarterbacks like last year though.

Your not alone in seeing a lot of injuries N8. Rodgers has been injured in about half of the games I have played, 3 out of 6. It is nice to see that defensive players are not getting injured for putting big hits on quarterbacks like last year though.
Haha, don't get too excited about that. That's how Winfield got hurt in that first game I played. He made a tackle and just burst into a thousand pieces, lol. Granted, he's old as dirt...but it was still annoying. The problem I still have with injuries is that you only ever see them happening to star players. It's not like "Your LG was blocking down the field and pulled his groin." It's more like "Your RB got tackled 4 yards into the endzone and now he's out 7 weeks." I haven't bothered to look at Rodgers durability rating...but for as much as people have seen him get hurt, it better be like a 25, lol.

I always get the bruised sternum injury, lol. I've also had a couple interesting ones. One happened in OT, on a play where Rodgers threw the game winning touchdown and everyone was celebrating while he was laying on the ground. The other, Torrey Smith caught a touchdown. He broke his arm, but still did his touchdown celebration. I'm definitely hoping the injury slider from last year is still in the game.

EDIT: The demo does have me hoping Vince Young makes Green Bay's team so I never have to use Graham Harrell again...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm EST and my availability fluctuates. However, I'm usually up until 4 am EST and my gf and son are in bed by midnight, so midnight - 4 am EST is ideal, but I can swing afternoons and late evenings as well.

Is it Madden yet?
One week! :D

Not sure if anyone looked at the ratings yet. Top offensive players:

"QUARTERBACK
1. Aaron Rodgers (98)
T-2. Tom Brady (97)
T-2. Peyton Manning (97)
4. Drew Brees (96)
5. Matt Ryan (94)

The Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers is the top rated quarterback in Madden NFL 25 with a 98 overall rating after throwing for 4,295 yards and 39 touchdowns in 2012. Rodgers also boasts 92 Awareness, 95 Throwing Power, 90 Throwing Accuracy, and 95 Short Throw Accuracy. Click here to learn more about the Madden NFL 25 QB ratings.

RUNNING BACK
1. Adrian Peterson (99)
2. Marshawn Lynch (96)
3. Arian Foster (95)
T-4. Ray Rice (94)
T-4. Jamaal Charles (94)

The reigning NFL MVP Adrian Peterson receives a 99 rating after finishing just eight yards shy of the all-time rushing record in 2012. Peterson's ratings are, in a word, incredible: 98 Agility, 98 Trucking, 97 Elusiveness, 99 Ball Carrier Vision, 95 Spin and 97 Juke. Good luck stopping AD.

WIDE RECEIVERS AND TIGHT ENDS
1. Calvin Johnson (99)
2. Rob Gronkowski (98)
3. Andre Johnson (97)
T-4. Jason Witten (96)
T-4. Jimmy Graham (96)

Calvin Johnson is well deserving of a 99 rating after setting an NFL record with 1,964 yards in 2012. Megatron will be a handful for opposing secondaries with 96 Agility, 98 Jump, 99 Spectacular Catch, 94 Catch, 96 Route Running and 99 Release.

OFFENSIVE LINE
1. Evan Mathis (98)
T-2. Joe Thomas (97)
T-2. Marshal Yanda (97)
T-4. Josh Sitton (96)
T-4. Joe Staley (96)

Philadelphia Eagles guard Evan Mathis checks in with the highest rating for all offensive linemen in Madden NFL 25. The former Alabama standout receives a 98 Run Block rating, 90 Pass Block, 90 Impact Block, 97 Run Block Footwork and 95 Pass Block Footwork."

The rest of the ratings. (Scroll down to the Excel link.)

I feel like the Panthers got screwed on their ratings. Geno Smith with the same speed as Newton. That makes a lot of sense /sarcasm.

Why does the coach look like the hulk?
I am not sure what you are talking about... But having played the demo I am guessing Pete Carroll. In which case I thought the exact same thing.

So, after not having bought a Madden in a few years, and having played the demo a couple times now. I have definitely decided to pick it up on Tuesday. I will be more than happy to bring my [brokeass] talents to Detroit and take the Lions [to another 0-16 season] if no one else has called them yet. Be prepared to kick my ass. (Note: I said kick, not kiss.)

Edit for my derpiness...

M-Thurs 3PM EST - 10PM (at times I can be flexible with the end time, but preferably between there during the week.

Friday - Sunday Anytime from 3 PM EST to Sunday at 10 PM EST.(Although once hockey starts in October Friday and Saturday nights will be a little more sporadic since I go to a lot of games here in town).

So after careful consideration, I'm going to bow out for the upcoming season. I'm just not feeling this at all, and having just picked up Disney Infinity and with NHL 14 on the horizon, I don't know how much time I'll have to commit, especially for a game that I'm not sure I want to drop sixty bucks on. So good luck gents!

I skimmed this thread for the first time and would like to give this a go if the Dolphins are still available (they've always been my team despite me living in Virginia). While I'll be getting NHL 14 at launch as well I'm not planning on playing in that league this year, so I should have time to play at least one season in this to see how it goes. I've played with Nate and others here in leagues before, but this would be my first league with Madden even though I get it every year. I'm available to play pretty much any time between 10:00 PM and 1:00 AM most nights.

All right, updated the OP with our recent additions and subtractions. DVO...pretty much the same as last time. I don't see the point in assigning you guys teams yet when somebody could come in as a fan of that team and ask for them. For instance...if I had given you Miami yesterday, and chriscolbert came in today wanting them, what would that have accomplished other than wasting time and causing confusion? And I seriously don't have time to waste this year, man.

I just want to keep this as efficient as possible. I'm not even trying to bicker or get into crap with anybody this year. The only purpose this league will serve is for people who planned on doing a franchise in Madden anyway (which is why the emphasis is on favorite teams) and would like a little variety in their opponents. All the extra fat will be cut. Trust me. You'll know when teams are going to be assigned. You don't need to keep asking about it. That's all I've got for you right now.

But yeah...welcome to MVP and Chris!

And Rob, sorry to see you go...but I get it.

Nate, I don't see myself on the waiting list or anywhere else. I expressed a desire for my team, Packers, on earlier posts. I also said Texans are another team I really like. As a returning player of the last two season, i am wondering when and how you are going to resolve these matters where more than one person has the same favorite team. I don't know if I really dig the random assignment of teams. For example if I am assigned the Vikings or Chargers, I'm not interested because I can't stand those teams. Or, if I am assigned somebody like the Jaguars or the Raiders, they need to be gutted and may be beyond hope.

What are the chances I can get assigned a team by the time Madden drops? Id like the Vikings or Buccs if i get the choice.

Nate, I don't see myself on the waiting list or anywhere else. I expressed a desire for my team, Packers, on earlier posts. I also said Texans are another team I really like. As a returning player of the last two season, i am wondering when and how you are going to resolve these matters where more than one person has the same favorite team. I don't know if I really dig the random assignment of teams. For example if I am assigned the Vikings or Chargers, I'm not interested because I can't stand those teams. Or, if I am assigned somebody like the Jaguars or the Raiders, they need to be gutted and may be beyond hope.
Yeah, sorry. I wasn't sure how you felt about the prospect of being assigned a team. Honestly, I've really been torn on how to handle it. I feel bad that you guys missed out on your favorite team being taken. However, allowing people to use their "2nd or 3rd favorite team" quickly defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to do this year. I feel like assigning a team is the only legitimate compromise between letting you pick whoever you want and not letting you play at all.

Some people have even raised the question of "Oh, I could just lie about who I'm a fan of." and yeah...there are maybe a few people who could do that (most people on CAG have a bit of a history that's easy to trace though). But it would also pencil them in for that team pretty much forever, and if it was ever discovered that that wasn't their favorite team, they'd be banned immediately. Clearly, it's not a perfect system...but neither was allowing people we've never played with to jump in and take the Patriots or the 49ers just because "hey, they're open".

But I will definitely get you added to the waiting list.

What are the chances I can get assigned a team by the time Madden drops? Id like the Vikings or Buccs if i get the choice.
I think shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday is reasonable. We still probably won't get started until a couple weeks after that (when regular season rosters come out). But I'll try to get it done next week.

DVO, just making sure you see this. I'll try to give you guys your teams by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Is the OP accurate and are the Ravens available still? I know this year they are the returning Super Bowl winners, but they really are my favorite team. If the previous league threads are still available I should have posts mentioning the Ravens also. I am terrible at the game anyways, so it's not like having a Super Bowl team would make me any better lol.

Is the OP accurate and are the Ravens available still? I know this year they are the returning Super Bowl winners, but they really are my favorite team. If the previous league threads are still available I should have posts mentioning the Ravens also. I am terrible at the game anyways, so it's not like having a Super Bowl team would make me any better lol.
Actually, I totally forgot. Flyersfan asked about Baltimore way back on page one (and I confirmed with him that they are his favorite team), but I had him wait because we weren't sure if the previous owner was returning. Then, it kind of got lost in the shuffle. Sorry about that. If you still want to play in the league though, I can put you down on the waiting list. The only thing with that is people on the waiting list will be assigned teams randomly. It was the best compromise we could come up with between having team selection no different than it is any year and having to turn people away. Just let me know if you're interested.

In that case, I think I might just get the game on PS3 then, if i get it all, so I can do the eventual PS3 to PS4 upgrade. I couldn't find anything about a CAG PS3 league though. Thanks for th quick response though.

Ha, well, this is interesting. I had Madden pre-ordered at Gamestop.com, but then cancelled it when I decided I would rather just save the tax (for the last time, sadly) and get it at Amazon. Yet, today, I still got an email with the Gamestop pre-order bonus despite not being charged nor having the order ship. For once, Gamestop's shitty service works in my favor, lol.

And UPS just dropped off my Amazon copy of the game. I'm about to do our little mini team lottery for the guys on the waiting list now. The way I'm doing it is using the draftpicklottery.com website, putting the unclaimed teams in alphabetical order, and generating a list. Since we've got four guys on the waiting list, the top four teams will be who you guys get. Stay tuned!

Here we go

waitinglistlottery_zps6cd7ab76.jpg

DVO21 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

bfauble83 - New York Giants

jbake_11 - Oakland Raiders

HooRox - New York Jets

Anyone who doesn't want their team always has the option of opting out of the league. I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate everyone's favorite team, but I tried to keep things as fair to everyone involved as possible, while also maintaining the integrity of the direction I want to take this league this year. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we go

waitinglistlottery_zps6cd7ab76.jpg

DVO21 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

bfauble83 - New York Giants

jbake_11 - Oakland Raiders

HooRox - New York Jets

Anyone who doesn't want their team always has the option of opting out of the league. I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate everyone's favorite team, but I tried to keep things as fair to everyone involved as possible, while also maintaining the integrity of the direction I want to take this league this year. Thank you for your understanding.
Ew the Giants? Ok, that is fine lol. My availability is between 5PM & 10PM during the week & various times on weekends.

with the 1st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...

Seriously tho im glad to have a team, and I look forward to the season. 

Although the raiders of this year are pretty different from the Raiders I had last year, it's still not that bad of a base to build on.

Noooooooooooooooo! The evil plan was to ALWAYS keep Revis away from DVO! Did you forget, n8? ;)
LOL...he's just going to trade him for a WR anyway. DVO doesn't do defense.

In other news, damn...MUT is pulling me in already. It's always so appealing in the beginning. Sadly, they even got me to spend money. There's a Gold Team Starter Pack for 80 MSP (ie. $1.00) that gives you 10 gold players. I don't know if it's just a day one promotion or what because in Madden coins, it's listed as costing 250,000...which is insane.

But considering all the discounted MS points from a few months ago, and even the fact that I got a bit of a boost when MS converted to real money the other day, I justified this as basically being free. Apparently, you can't trade or auction these guys (and I'm not even sure if there's a collection for them), but I got Sproles and Stafford, among others. This will be the only real money I spend in MUT though. Hoping completing collections isn't as terrible as last year.

LOL...he's just going to trade him for a WR anyway. DVO doesn't do defense.
Probably. Seriously, though, I'm guessing he's gonna be pretty happy with that team. They've got some nice pieces in Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin.

Also I'm glad to see lyric return. He's always a good opponent, and I'm sure he's happy now that the Rams have some receiving weapons.

Wow...actually, looking at things, MUT seems way scaled back this year (in a good way). Team collections only have 12 players in them (hmm..but they're all bronze players..and completing them earns you a Jumbo Gold pack). Coach and Legends seem to have two cards for their collections, but one is earned from the Solo Challenges (which I thought were actually great last year). Then there are some "promo collections" based on just regular cards that earn you a good amount of coins. So, that's nice to see. Maybe they actually figured out that MUT was way too complex and difficult last year. It definitely looks really different this year.

Edit - Actually, hmm...it doesn't really seem like any "good players" go in collections. It's almost as though they want you to use them this year. Weird, lol. Either that or they're going to do it like Madden 12 and add bigger collections as they go. That system was annoying in 12, but mainly because you couldn't store that many cards...so you would end up discarding really good players and then they'd be in a collection a few days later. But now you can store 1,000 cards so it should work much better.

Wow...actually, looking at things, MUT seems way scaled back this year (in a good way). Team collections only have 12 players in them (hmm..but they're all bronze players..and completing them earns you a Jumbo Gold pack). Coach and Legends seem to have two cards for their collections, but one is earned from the Solo Challenges (which I thought were actually great last year). Then there are some "promo collections" based on just regular cards that earn you a good amount of coins. So, that's nice to see. Maybe they actually figured out that MUT was way too complex and difficult last year. It definitely looks really different this year.

Edit - Actually, hmm...it doesn't really seem like any "good players" go in collections. It's almost as though they want you to use them this year. Weird, lol. Either that or they're going to do it like Madden 12 and add bigger collections as they go. That system was annoying in 12, but mainly because you couldn't store that many cards...so you would end up discarding really good players and then they'd be in a collection a few days later. But now you can store 1,000 cards so it should work much better.
Stop talking about MUT...I was going to avoid it this year ;)

lol, just try it. What's the worst that could happen? ;)
I didn't play much in 2013 because I found the huge amount of collections a money grab (I guess that is the point...). We'll see this year, won't hurt to give it a shot.

I didn't play much in 2013 because I found the huge amount of collections a money grab (I guess that is the point...). We'll see this year, won't hurt to give it a shot.
Yeah, that's how I felt about it as well. As much as I enjoyed the solo challenges, and the weekly predictions on who was going to have a better game, it just didn't seem like it ever got me anywhere. The collections were so huge, I don't think I completed more than 5 of them. Weren't there like 200 collections or something? lol. It was just too much...and then when you tack on the rarity of many of the cards, it made the mode essentially pointless. It doesn't LOOK nearly as bad at first glance this year, but time will tell.

Very excited about the bucs... and anyobe interested in revis the answer is no unless i get calvin johnson

Wow...reading some of the stuff on the EA forums, and people are not happy with this game. Online Franchise specifically, they basically changed nothing. Commissioners still can't put teams on auto pilot from the website. So, any time I'm not near my console, you guys are fucked again, lol. Unreal. No defensive assignments again. No drafting from the website, I'm sure. The "big feature" that they brought back to online franchise is seeing how many times a game has been restarted. Classic EA. Remove a feature, add it back, and call it a new feature.

I just hope everybody here is onboard with keeping things relatively laid back this year. Because this franchise system is way too shitty to take seriously. Let's just keep it casual, friendly, and be good to each other. That's all I want out of this league this year. Because in all honesty, the dedication and passion of the people in this league far exceeds the efforts of the team that makes this game (and that goes for the official league as well). I think we care more about Madden than EA does.

Yea those defensive assignments are frustrating when offensive playbooks automatically move top receivers into the slot. I kept getting stuck with E.J. Biggers covering Dez Bryant. 

I would like to join a league, never been in one. I have owned all the Madden games since 1992. I play legit and have free time. I am a die hard Eagles fan since 1990. I like the 49ers and Saints too. If something opens up with them, I would be grateful to join this league and would happily abide by the rules. Right now I just play with my son who's 15 and my wife's uncle and I have played against each other for 16 years. He's a Steelers fan :).

Hey, Nate. I would give him the Saints. I think it's better to give someone a team they have some interest in than to give a random team. I feel like the retention will be better if they are managing a team they care about. Plus, the NFC South is awfully lonely. :D

Hey, Nate. I would give him the Saints. I think it's better to give someone a team they have some interest in than to give a random team. I feel like the retention will be better if they are managing a team they care about. Plus, the NFC South is awfully lonely. :D
The problem is a precedent has already been set for not letting people just pick their 2nd favorite or 3rd favorite team. Both DVO and HooRox had "back up teams" that they weren't allowed to take. I understand your point. I just think if we go down the road of "I also enjoy watching this team", it starts to become no different than what we do any year. And to be quite honest, the point I'm at, I'm not really worried with retention rate. I'm worried about the enjoyment rate for the diehard veterans of the league. That's not to say that tukai can't become a diehard veteran. But he has to earn it.

tukai, in case you're not sure what we're talking about, anybody who joined whose favorite team was taken, we just assigned them a random team. It was the most reasonable compromise between not having any restrictions on picking teams and not allowing people to play at all. If you're ok with that, just say so, and I'll let you know who your team is.

That's fine. I would prefer the Saints though since the Eagles are taken. I visit the city often, volunteered during Katrina and fell in love with the city if that matters. I wear Saints shirts and jackets too. The Vikings, Steelers, Saints, Chiefs are teams I would find enjoyment playing with. I just could not find myself wanting to play with the Cardinals, Browns, Jags or Jets and having fun at the same time. If I'm not a fit no hard feelings, thank you for your time.

That's fine. I would prefer the Saints though since the Eagles are taken. I visit the city often, volunteered during Katrina and fell in love with the city if that matters. I wear Saints shirts and jackets too. The Vikings, Steelers, Saints, Chiefs are teams I would find enjoyment playing with. I just could not find myself wanting to play with the Cardinals, Browns, Jags or Jets and having fun at the same time. If I'm not a fit no hard feelings, thank you for your time.
Well, it is literally randomly assigned, so yeah...none of that had any influence, haha. Here are the results of the random lottery.
lotterytukai_zps4e3a922e.jpg

You have the Houston Texans.

bread's done
Back