CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Sounds good to me, I am very new to playing in a Madden league and I have gone thru the rules. I may need a little hand holding though early on. I am free daily from 4:30 to the late evenings CST. Only day I can not play is the last business day of the month due to work. Weekends I am open.

My Gamertag is

xTHANE KRIOSx

Last edited by a moderator:
with the league possibly having less members this year, will there be a revision to the trades with CPU teams policy?

The first game I played last night was Bengals-Titans on All-Madden. It might just be that the Bengals D is that good, but they were forcing a lot of fumbles. I think CJ coughed it up 3 times, Alterraun Verner got popped by Jermaine Gresham after an interception and gave it right back to me, and then Tennessee lost it after being nailed on a kickoff return.

Did anybody else notice there being a lot of fumbles so far?

Sounds good to me, I am very new to playing in a Madden league and I have gone thru the rules. I may need a little hand holding though early on. I am free daily from 4:30 to the late evenings CST. Only day I can not play is the last business day of the month due to work. Weekends I am open.

My Gamertag is

xTHANE KRIOSx
Definitely understandable. Like I've been stressing to everyone else, I want the league to be more casual in its functioning this year because there are certain things we just have no control over. You won't be thrown to the wolves or anything.

with the league possibly having less members this year, will there be a revision to the trades with CPU teams policy?
Considering we have the trade cap to fall back on, I could at least see proposals with CPU teams being allowed. But I'm sure the trade committee would assess them with more scrutiny too since, obviously, the CPU can't speak for itself. We'd basically have to make sure the trade makes sense for both teams and would be a trade that we would make ourselves. Not setting anything in stone here, but that's my initial reaction to it. Other trade committee members can feel free to weigh in on this as well.

The first game I played last night was Bengals-Titans on All-Madden. It might just be that the Bengals D is that good, but they were forcing a lot of fumbles. I think CJ coughed it up 3 times, Alterraun Verner got popped by Jermaine Gresham after an interception and gave it right back to me, and then Tennessee lost it after being nailed on a kickoff return.

Did anybody else notice there being a lot of fumbles so far?
I was going to ask about fumbles myself yesterday. I didn't play enough to say if there were "a lot". But I did think they were very liberal by definition. I had one where my receiver had to jump for a catch, and I swear...he hadn't even landed yet, and the ball popped out, and it was ruled a fumble. It was in the final minute of the game too, so I thought for sure there would at least be a booth review. Nope. Just a straight up fumble. This was in MUT though.

Maybe forcing fumbles is just one of the Bengals' strengths.

How do you call the generic audibles this year, like quick pass, deep pass, etc.? I got it to come up once or twice, but I wasn't sure what I pushed.

well we only played on pro I believe, maybe with the way EA over compensates for harder difficulties they made fumbles a little too easy on all madden

Tried out some MUT yesterday for the first time ever. Definitely a little confused on what the hell to do. I got the basics down, but it is quite a bit different from HUT.

Tried out some MUT yesterday for the first time ever. Definitely a little confused on what the hell to do. I got the basics down, but it is quite a bit different from HUT.
Has anyone looked into the Season feature? Was this in M13 (I skipped it). If anyone is up for MUT games - let me know!

Has anyone looked into the Season feature? Was this in M13 (I skipped it). If anyone is up for MUT games - let me know!
I would like to hear how this has been revamped (if at all). Because in the past, playing friends in MUT netted you far fewer coins than playing a random opponent or even playing the CPU. Kind of killed the feature, in my opinion.

As for the new Seasons mode, I couldn't even get into it yesterday. It said the servers were overloaded. Haven't looked at it since then.

I would like to hear how this has been revamped (if at all). Because in the past, playing friends in MUT netted you far fewer coins than playing a random opponent or even playing the CPU. Kind of killed the feature, in my opinion.

As for the new Seasons mode, I couldn't even get into it yesterday. It said the servers were overloaded. Haven't looked at it since then.
I'll take less coins over playing some random with 5 Jerry Rice cards :p

Seasons looks pretty cool - 10 teams and a playoff format, the further you make it the more coins you get.

I'll take less coins over playing some random with 5 Jerry Rice cards :p

Seasons looks pretty cool - 10 teams and a playoff format, the further you make it the more coins you get.
I agree. That's why I just ended up doing the solo challenges. Not only do you get more coins for them (as opposed to playing a friend), but many of them have additional rewards too. I just hated burning contract cards on games where I wasn't getting much back. MUT games vs a human opponent seems silly when you can just buy better and better players (or were gifted better players through pre-order promos).

Ok, the OP is up to date. The only person I haven't moved to his new team yet is HooRox because I want to make sure he's ok with the Jets. I remember him saying he despised the Raiders and Chargers...so hopefully he's ok with making a go of it with the Jets. Other than that, we've got 9 teams left open. That's pretty good considering the new direction we've taken. If people want to start weighing in on difficulty (ie. All-Pro vs All-Madden), I'm up for that discussion. I'd just like some comments a little more in depth than "All-Madden is better bro!"

Specifically, what I'm looking for is in what way does it improve the defense? With no defensive assignments and passing being even easier this year, anything we can do to help the defense out is worth looking at, in my opinion. This is also the reason I'm open to a discussion on possibly banning any playbooks that heavily lend themselves to being cheesed up or exploited. If we mostly agree that the playbooks are equal, then we can forget that one. But anything that is excessively deceptive (ie. showing up as 1RB 1WR 3TE and being a 5 wide play) should be looked at.

I've been screwing around with the Titans playbook and they've got some 3 TE sets, but they're all bunches, and I don't think any are shotgun (Delanie Walker can't catch for shit anyway, lol). The Titans also have some full house sets, but I think most people generally know what's coming when they see that. But yeah...any "trick plays" you guys see, let's hear em before we get too far along.

In the first game I played yesterday, Rodgers somehow injured himself by running out of bounds and was out for the game. No contact was made on the play. At least once the update hits, I'll have my distant cousin Vince Young as a backup if Rodgers gets injured again.

One thing I did notice is that in my franchise with the Cowboys it's randomly putting dez bryant and miles austin in the slot. It also put Jason Witten as a running back in one play, and demarco murray as a tight end lol

One thing I did notice is that in my franchise with the Cowboys it's randomly putting dez bryant and miles austin in the slot. It also put Jason Witten as a running back in one play, and demarco murray as a tight end lol
Whoa...is that a depth chart issue or a play/package issue? I know a lot of teams will put their TE in the backfield like a FB...but I don't think I've ever heard of a RB being lined up on the line of scrimmage.

Whoa...is that a depth chart issue or a play/package issue? I know a lot of teams will put their TE in the backfield like a FB...but I don't think I've ever heard of a RB being lined up on the line of scrimmage.
I am going to have to do some more testing as I've only seen it once. I just picked a random play and didn't pay attention.

It does seem though as it is randomly putting players as my third receiver and it seems to be a depth chart issue. I Just ran the same play twice and it put Dez in the 3rd receiver spot on the first try. That has to be fixed, clearly it causes huge mismatches.

Last year the Giants playbook had a formation where Charles would line up as a TE (he was my #1 RB). Also, the #1 WR going into the slot is fairly common in a lot of formations.

Maybe forcing fumbles is just one of the Bengals' strengths.

How do you call the generic audibles this year, like quick pass, deep pass, etc.? I got it to come up once or twice, but I wasn't sure what I pushed.
Press the audible button and then use the right analog stick (up = pass, down = run, i forget what left/right do)

Press the audible button and then use the right analog stick (up = pass, down = run, i forget what left/right do)
Ah, I see. It sounds like it's the same controls as last year then. I was thrown off by not seeing them on the screen when I just pressed X like before.

Last year the Giants playbook had a formation where Charles would line up as a TE (he was my #1 RB). Also, the #1 WR going into the slot is fairly common in a lot of formations.
And yet...still no defensive assignments. I don't know that there could be a bigger crock of shit. How can EA not see that it puts us in such an awkward position where we have to start looking at legit plays as "cheese" because the game lines up a LB with somebody's #1 WR? I'm almost considering a "no quick snap" rule just to try to combat this and give people time to make their pre-snap adjustments. I just don't know how that would work when you get down to the critical moments of a game. Anybody have any thoughts on this? I just don't know how I feel about another year of "they just made the game that way" excuses when people are racking up yards that can mostly be attributed to dumb mismatches. If anybody has a better solution (other than "don't worry about it" or "return the game" lol), feel free to share it.

Nate,

So Kaster just informed me that team assignments were made and I was given the Jets. I was underwhelmed, as you might imagine.

I still don't see how randomly assigning teams to people who didn't get first dibs on their favorite team is better than giving those people another team they actually like. Why was it first come first serve on picking favorite teams anyway, but if someone didn't happen to catch that train and happened to have a favorite team that was already handed out, he just became a random assignment, even if he were a veteran of past seasons. What happens if a new player wants to join and he loves the Jets but since I was assigned the Jets, he's SOL. I feel like he should get that team because he would love them I could give two shits about the Jets.

How is this a "fans league: play as your favorite team," and is it really any better than how it used to be. Especially when you have stragglers coming in and saying "I'll take (blank) team" but I didn't get a chance to do that because I was somehow in a group that wasn't allowed to select a team I actually cared about, even if it wasn't the Packers.

Nate,

So Kaster just informed me that team assignments were made and I was given the Jets. I was underwhelmed, as you might imagine.

I still don't see how randomly assigning teams to people who didn't get first dibs on their favorite team is better than giving those people another team they actually like. Why was it first come first serve on picking favorite teams anyway, but if someone didn't happen to catch that train and happened to have a favorite team that was already handed out, he just became a random assignment, even if he were a veteran of past seasons. What happens if a new player wants to join and he loves the Jets but since I was assigned the Jets, he's SOL. I feel like he should get that team because he would love them I could give two shits about the Jets.

How is this a "fans league: play as your favorite team," and is it really any better than how it used to be. Especially when you have stragglers coming in and saying "I'll take (blank) team" but I didn't get a chance to do that because I was somehow in a group that wasn't allowed to select a team I actually cared about, even if it wasn't the Packers.
If you can present an argument for why allowing people to come in and take their "2nd favorite" team...or their "3rd favorite" team is any different from the system that we used to use, I'll listen to it. Otherwise, this is a pointless discussion. The fact remains, some people play this game to follow along with their favorite team as the season goes on. Others pick the best team that gives them the best chance to win at video game football. I had ZERO INTEREST in running a league where that continues to happen this year. If those were my only options, I wouldn't have bothered at all. Outside of my real world interest in football, I am largely over Madden.

So, from my perspective, I am playing through a few seasons as my favorite team and others just happen to be participating as well. I'm not concerned if the league is full, I'm not concerned if people would rather not play in it, etc. Anybody who isn't happy with the direction the league is going in is welcome to start their own league. But in general, I'm over spending my time hosting a league for people to come in, rip teams apart, run up scores, abuse exploits to win virtual championships, etc. Obviously, none of that is directed toward you...but it's part of the process. But you're right. I don't know how some of the new people here will play. But I also will have a much quicker and heavier hook than last year. Anybody regarded as making the experience less enjoyable for others will be shown the door.

This is a fans league because it's for people who have dealt with all the bullshit of the past several years. It's for people of a similar mindset as mine who just want to play through some seasons as their favorite team...and who would probably do so in a single player capacity if this league didn't exist. The compromise was for others who just love football that much...that they'd play as whatever team they got, to not be completely turned away (which is an option that was being considered).

I don't mean any of this to be directed harshly toward you, because you definitely weren't one of the people who caused any of these problems. But I can't say that it's league policy and then not make it apply to everyone. And besides, there were multiple people who were told that their favorite team was taken and that the only option was to take a randomly assigned team. It's not like you were singled out here.

It's pretty impossible to let everyone play as their favorite teams, so obviously there we're going to be people who we're assigned random teams. There's no other way to go about it.

It's pretty impossible to let everyone play as their favorite teams, so obviously there we're going to be people who we're assigned random teams. There's no other way to go about it.
Well, I think the thought is letting people pick a 2nd or 3rd team instead. But to me, that defeats the entire purpose since that's what most people do every single year anyway. I don't see any point in trying to do something different and then making it exactly the same, lol. But yeah...if we had 32 people come in here and pick 32 different teams, I would have bought my lottery ticket and gotten my seat ready for the end of the world.

I was honestly impressed that we filled more than half the league with fans. I'm HOPING a pleasant side effect of this will also be people having a tendency to keep their teams more In tact and managing them like the team would really be managed (ie. small trades involving complementary pieces, as opposed to complete roster overhauls). All of this is part of the new system.

If you can present an argument for why allowing people to come in and take their "2nd favorite" team...or their "3rd favorite" team is any different from the system that we used to use, I'll listen to it. Otherwise, this is a pointless discussion. The fact remains, some people play this game to follow along with their favorite team as the season goes on. Others pick the best team that gives them the best chance to win at video game football. I had ZERO INTEREST in running a league where that continues to happen this year....

... I don't mean any of this to be directed harshly toward you, because you definitely weren't one of the people who caused any of these problems. But I can't say that it's league policy and then not make it apply to everyone. And besides, there were multiple people who were told that their favorite team was taken and that the only option was to take a randomly assigned team. It's not like you were singled out here.
Nate, first off, I know you weren't directing most of the "issues" at me, so no problem on that, I understand. I suppose the thing that irks me the most is that I feel like I never had a chance to get my favorite team, even though I was in the league the past two seasons. The old thread was going along at a couple of posts every 2-3 weeks. Then all of a sudden, the new thread showed up, and people had grabbed the teams they wanted. Then I (and whoever else is in a similar boat) were out in the cold. I thought I had read that teams with multiple interested parties would be assigned by lottery, but that didn't seem to go anywhere.

For the people who got the teams they wanted (and hopefully, presumably, love), then this league is just what you envisioned. But for the rest of us (how ever many that is), or at least for me, I was given a team I have no love for nor any interest in. At least I didn't get the Vikings or Chargers. ;-) But I don't know if I accept your argument that, by preventing people from opting for another team they like, you are keeping things different from past seasons. Of course, I wasn't in the first season, so I don't know how teams were originally chosen. But when new people came calling (myself included), they were free to choose among what was available. What happens when someone new comes calling now and wants to join? What if "their team" is taken? Will they be turned away? Can they choose among the available teams or will they be assigned a "random" team? If so, is that really random since there are fewer options?

This whole conversation is probably academic at this point, I'll admit.

However, since you didn't let people who were late to the party have a shot at their favorite teams via lottery (or whatever else) and If you won't let people choose a second favorite team because you don't want people to choose "the best team left," seems like a fair option might be to go ahead and let people choose their second favorite team and have a fantasy draft to fill the teams.

Of course, that's probably more trouble than you want to deal with and maybe I'm the only guy who is less than satisfied with how the process was handled. But by handing me a team I don't care about, I have no compunction with trading or gutting as I see fit, within the league constraints already laid out, of course. I feel no sense of loyalty to anybody on the Jets. Seems like that was part of what you were looking to avoid in this league.

Are the Falcons taken? Not sure if the team list on the front page is updated but looks like they are still open. Can I get them commish?

Are the Falcons taken? Not sure if the team list on the front page is updated but looks like they are still open. Can I get them commish?
There were concerns about you adhering to the rules that led to you not being allowed to join last year, and you obviously haven't changed. You're unable to follow instructions and don't even attempt to read the thread, as evidenced by your lack of a clue even with all the discussion going on around your posts.

Why do you think you should be given Atlanta?

Case in point...
He's not a Falcons fan. He's a Broncos fan who can't read. He has as much of a chance of getting the Falcons as a one-legged man has of winning an ass kicking contest.

There were concerns about you adhering to the rules that led to you not being allowed to join last year, and you obviously haven't changed. You're unable to follow instructions and don't even attempt to read the thread, as evidenced by your lack of a clue even with all the discussion going on around your posts.
Or even the title of the thread. I honestly feel a bit dickish for coming down on somebody before we even get started here. But seriously...is it that hard?

Why do you think you should be given Atlanta?

He's not a Falcons fan. He's a Broncos fan who can't read. He has as much of a chance of getting the Falcons as a one-legged man has of winning an ass kicking contest.

Or even the title of the thread. I honestly feel a bit dickish for coming down on somebody before we even get started here. But seriously...is it that hard?
Back in the spring, I took over the Browns in the other CAG league. I went about my business and completed multiple seasons in the league and contended for a playoff spot. My second season featured a balanced offense and an improved defense. I abided by all rules and was a stand up opponent and contributor to the league. I have played with people who have been in both your league and the other CAG league. I feel that if you were to ask any of the former commish's of that league or contributing users about my participation and my style of game play, they would all say I was more than fine. I want to be a part of an active madden league with good competition and I believe this league gives me both those things. All I am simply asking for is an opportunity, something I have yet to be given. All I need is a chance.

Of course I can read the rules and I did go over them. Yes I am a Broncos fan first and foremost but I also like the Falcons as they are my NFC team if you will. I would be more than active with them if I did land them. I read the rules from top to bottom and I have familarized myself with how the league functions and operates.

Thanks for your time.

I'll take the Falcons, Saints, or Vikings.

EDIT: My favorite team is the Redskins, but they are taken.  Does that mean I can't join?

I may be speaking out of turn here, but you will likely be assigned a random team like the others (myself included). 

In regards to the fair play conversation:

I noticed running backs moving to the TE position and receivers moving into the FB position but that only happened during career mode preseason games. During regular online games jbake and I used about 10 different teams and we didnt see any of those odd substitutions. I'm not sure if Superstar was in preseason, but when it mass subs in the backups it screws up the depth chart a bit for the remainder of the game.

Now it does sub the starting receiver in the slot on certain formations like it did last year, and while it does lead to mismatches and its BS that there are no defensive assignments again I don't see there being much that can be done on a grand scale without really slowing down the flow of the game. If your opponent starts going heavy to the slot mismatch you can quickly assign a deep zone safety to double cover the slot receiver. That was how i combated the TE throws last season. It isn't a perfect solution, but players who tend to lean on those mismatches constantly usually end up throwing the ball to that receiver even if they are double covered. So you can sort of use their own tactic against them with a little bit of practice. Shading your corner or linebacker inside our outside can also take away the slot mismatch because of the routes the slot usually runs.

Again, not perfect solutions, but maybe it will help out some people who really struggle with those mismatches. 

In regards to the fair play conversation:

If your opponent starts going heavy to the slot mismatch you can quickly assign a deep zone safety to double cover the slot receiver. That was how i combated the TE throws last season. It isn't a perfect solution, but players who tend to lean on those mismatches constantly usually end up throwing the ball to that receiver even if they are double covered. So you can sort of use their own tactic against them with a little bit of practice. Shading your corner or linebacker inside our outside can also take away the slot mismatch because of the routes the slot usually runs.

Again, not perfect solutions, but maybe it will help out some people who really struggle with those mismatches.
If someone does start abusing it, it becomes less about "Here's how to defend it" and more about "Hey, you're playing like a dick. Cut the shit".

However, since you didn't let people who were late to the party have a shot at their favorite teams via lottery (or whatever else) and If you won't let people choose a second favorite team because you don't want people to choose "the best team left," seems like a fair option might be to go ahead and let people choose their second favorite team and have a fantasy draft to fill the teams.

Of course, that's probably more trouble than you want to deal with and maybe I'm the only guy who is less than satisfied with how the process was handled. But by handing me a team I don't care about, I have no compunction with trading or gutting as I see fit, within the league constraints already laid out, of course. I feel no sense of loyalty to anybody on the Jets. Seems like that was part of what you were looking to avoid in this league.
Just wanted to address this too. All of this was discussed. When the idea came up of how to make the league the most fair and balanced, the thought of doing fantasy rosters was brought up. But then it was stated that it wouldn't be as enjoyable for those of us playing along with our favorite team. And that's when the idea of having everybody use favorite teams came up. Several of us have been using our favorite teams for years...while others come in and say "Hey the 49ers are good...hey the Patriots are good. I want them."

Hell, even what Mile High Von was doing last night is essentially this same thing. He's a Broncos fan...the Broncos are taken. "Hmm...Atlanta is good and will give me a good chance at winning. Can I have them?" That's not a knock on him. I just hated the feeling that the people picking their team for "the right reasons" are at a disadvantage in most cases.

As for how teams were given out, in general, they were done by seniority. I had no idea who your favorite team was. I knew Matt Young was a Packers fan, and when trying to do a rough count of how many fans we had and if the idea was feasible, I counted him as our "Packers guy". Other than that, everybody here had the exact same opportunity. Nobody received a private message that there was a new thread. People just saw it, stumbled in here, and asked for their favorite team. You make it sound like this information was conspiratorially kept away from you.

As for you gutting the Jets, I don't blame you. The thing is...that was happening anyway. I don't expect to go from "lots of gutting" to "no gutting". I'm just trying to reduce it. Like Superstar said, unless we had a fan for all 32 teams come in here, it was going to happen. And I don't disagree that people would feel more attachment to their 2nd or 3rd favorite team...but I am not confident in my ability to be able to discern when someone is lying about that. People were already questioning if believing someone's "favorite team" was possible. Like I've said, if we reduced it to "You may choose your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd favorite team" we might as well say "pick any team" because that statement is laughable in my opinion.

I'm sorry that you're not happy with the team you were given. Honestly, I can tell you that because of this format we're doing this year, I'm much more likely to consider allowing people to switch to their favorite team if the owner of it drops out (especially since we have trade limits this year). Basically, what this means is that if you leave your team, they're not "yours" anymore. Not sure how everyone else would feel about this, but I think it's reasonable.

Back in the spring, I took over the Browns in the other CAG league. I went about my business and completed multiple seasons in the league and contended for a playoff spot. My second season featured a balanced offense and an improved defense. I abided by all rules and was a stand up opponent and contributor to the league. I have played with people who have been in both your league and the other CAG league. I feel that if you were to ask any of the former commish's of that league or contributing users about my participation and my style of game play, they would all say I was more than fine. I want to be a part of an active madden league with good competition and I believe this league gives me both those things. All I am simply asking for is an opportunity, something I have yet to be given. All I need is a chance.

Of course I can read the rules and I did go over them. Yes I am a Broncos fan first and foremost but I also like the Falcons as they are my NFC team if you will. I would be more than active with them if I did land them. I read the rules from top to bottom and I have familarized myself with how the league functions and operates.

Thanks for your time.
I think that's fair. I'm willing to give people a chance this year (provided they're not head and shoulders above the talent here). There will also be much less leeway given this year. If multiple people find you unpleasant to play against, you'll be gone. Not saying that as anything against you. Just a general statement that applies to everyone. That said, we're not allowing people to just pick whichever team they want. The purpose of this league is not to be full. It's to give fans a place to play out their teams seasons without having to worry about "mercenaries" coming in with their eyes set on virtual championships. So, if you're ok with being randomly assigned a team, then you can have that chance you've been asking for. Entirely up to you though.

I'll take the Falcons, Saints, or Vikings.

EDIT: My favorite team is the Redskins, but they are taken. Does that mean I can't join?
Same as my last sentence to Mile High Von. We're randomly assigning teams for anyone whose favorite team has been taken. This was the compromise between closing the league off entirely and just having the free for all that we always have.

Now it does sub the starting receiver in the slot on certain formations like it did last year, and while it does lead to mismatches and its BS that there are no defensive assignments again I don't see there being much that can be done on a grand scale without really slowing down the flow of the game. If your opponent starts going heavy to the slot mismatch you can quickly assign a deep zone safety to double cover the slot receiver. That was how i combated the TE throws last season. It isn't a perfect solution, but players who tend to lean on those mismatches constantly usually end up throwing the ball to that receiver even if they are double covered. So you can sort of use their own tactic against them with a little bit of practice. Shading your corner or linebacker inside our outside can also take away the slot mismatch because of the routes the slot usually runs.

This is why I thought of a possible "no quick snap" rule last night. It's sad, but for the most part, if you're not altering your coverage at the line of scrimmage, you're fucked. I guess we could say that you have to let 10 seconds tick off the playclock before snapping the ball. The problem here would come when people take longer to choose their play. And then again, late game situations. Ahh...this is so damn frustrating. All EA had to do was let us assign coverage. How fucking difficult is it???

I was messing around with some of the shotgun formations last night.. there seem to be a bunch I have never seen before. Anyways, by default, some of the shotgun formations put the HB or TE in receiver positions. In the Raiders playbook, one of the 5 wide shotgun sets (I forget the name of the formation) had the HB in the slot by default. Just an FYI before we start playing

Well, I think the thought is letting people pick a 2nd or 3rd team instead. But to me, that defeats the entire purpose since that's what most people do every single year anyway. I don't see any point in trying to do something different and then making it exactly the same, lol. But yeah...if we had 32 people come in here and pick 32 different teams, I would have bought my lottery ticket and gotten my seat ready for the end of the world.

I was honestly impressed that we filled more than half the league with fans. I'm HOPING a pleasant side effect of this will also be people having a tendency to keep their teams more In tact and managing them like the team would really be managed (ie. small trades involving complementary pieces, as opposed to complete roster overhauls). All of this is part of the new system.
I mean no disrespect CAG and I appreciate you putting this league together year after year, but this whole favorite team thing is kind of silly. Out of the 10 teams still available they are 10 of the worst teams in the league. As far as popularity goes teams like the Steelers, Saints, Vikings, Chiefs, Jets, and Chargers should have been snatched up. The thing is they aren't great Madden teams.

4 most popular team in the NFL Steelers
7 most popular team in the NFL Saints
14 most popular team in the NFL Vikings
17 most popular team in the NFL Chiefs
19 most popular team in the NFL Jets
20 most popular team in the NFL Chargers
21 most popular team in the NFL Browns
26 most popular team in the NFL Falcons
29 most popular team in the NFL Cardinals
32 most popular team in the NFL Jaguars

As far as madden team ratings go 7 of the 10 available teams are in the 17-32 lowest ranked teams. 6 of these teams are in the 9 lowest ranked teams in the game. My point is choosing your favorite team is good in theory, but a lot of fans choose their favorite teams by talent and recent track record. I am a long time Redskins fan from New Jersey and I have been abused for it for years. Since the drafting of RG3 I have seen more Redskins fans around then I had in all of my life. Another thing is Madden ranks our favorite players much lower than we think they should be. IE. Kirk Cousins is the redskins backup QB but he has a 67 ranking due to their scheme. Therefore Pat White is ranked higher than Kirk and ends up being the back up QB of the redskins. So if I were the skins I might try to trade Kirk because even though I like him as a fan, he doesn't help my team in the game like a mobile QB would.

Basically what I'm trying to say is if you want people to choose their favorite teams and not overhaul their roster the only realistic option is a Fantasy Draft.

If they choose the roster than they won't want to overhaul it!

Once again no disrespect just my two cents.

I mean no disrespect CAG and I appreciate you putting this league together year after year, but this whole favorite team thing is kind of silly. Out of the 10 teams still available they are 10 of the worst teams in the league. As far as popularity goes teams like the Steelers, Saints, Vikings, Chiefs, Jets, and Chargers should have been snatched up. The thing is they aren't great Madden teams.

4 most popular team in the NFL Steelers
7 most popular team in the NFL Saints
14 most popular team in the NFL Vikings
17 most popular team in the NFL Chiefs
19 most popular team in the NFL Jets
20 most popular team in the NFL Chargers
21 most popular team in the NFL Browns
26 most popular team in the NFL Falcons
29 most popular team in the NFL Cardinals
32 most popular team in the NFL Jaguars

As far as madden team ratings go 7 of the 10 available teams are in the 17-32 lowest ranked teams. 6 of these teams are in the 9 lowest ranked teams in the game. My point is choosing your favorite team is good in theory, but a lot of fans choose their favorite teams by talent and recent track record. I am a long time Redskins fan from New Jersey and I have been abused for it for years. Since the drafting of RG3 I have seen more Redskins fans around then I had in all of my life. Another thing is Madden ranks our favorite players much lower than we think they should be. IE. Kirk Cousins is the redskins backup QB but he has a 67 ranking due to their scheme. Therefore Pat White is ranked higher than Kirk and ends up being the back up QB of the redskins. So if I were the skins I might try to trade Kirk because even though I like him as a fan, he doesn't help my team in the game like a mobile QB would.

Basically what I'm trying to say is if you want people to choose their favorite teams and not overhaul their roster the only realistic option is a Fantasy Draft.

If they choose the roster than they won't want to overhaul it!

Once again no disrespect just my two cents.
No disrespect, but what is the purpose of this comment? The league is clearly labeled for what it is. It says right in the OP the way it's going to work. What sense does it make to come in here, say you want to join, and then bitch about the process? I don't have time for bellyaching this year. You're either in or you're out. And to be frank, I really don't care either way (not a personal slight...the league could have 4 people in it, and I'd be approaching things the exact same way). Let's check our egos at the door. There's no need for this. If you don't like the system in place, don't join. It's really that simple.

I thought you were trying to figure out a way were people could play as their favorite teams, not overhaul the rosters, and not just choose the best team available.  So I was trying to explain that statistically there is a very good chance that some people's favorite teams are not the ones they chose and the only way to make the league even is to have a fantasy draft.  Then people could be their favorite teams without having to worry if the team sucks or not.  You as the commish wouldn't have to worry about people choosing a team strictly for talent because the talent would be drafted.  I was trying to be helpful, but I guess it wasn't taken that way.  I kind of suck at this game right now so maybe I should practice before joining a league anyway.  Thanks and good luck.  I'll check back if the Redskins become available.

bread's done
Back