* * * * * 13 votes

Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

humble bundle humble origin bundle

#301 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Scandalous!

It could just be slow going through. I've had Humble Bundle do that to me once. Worst case scenario if you haven't gotten it in a week  you could either contact support or just buy another.

Liked.

Thanks man. 

#302 JustinSaneV2   Banned CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

JustinSaneV2

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I expect one of the bonuses to be Mass Effect 3

One can hope.

#303 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2233 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

I just got BF3 through PS+ and already have the base PS3 disc of Sims.  I have played neither of course.  Anybody know if the PC versions are better than the PS3 versions of these games?  I bought tier 1 of the bundle but am thinking about adding more to bta.

#304 mm3n   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sims 3 pack is 1 key bundled and there 1 key for BF3

Thanks man, this was helpful.

I just got BF3 through PS+ and already have the base PS3 disc of Sims.  I have played neither of course.  Anybody know if the PC versions are better than the PS3 versions of these games?  I bought tier 1 of the bundle but am thinking about adding more to bta.

BF3 has drastically better graphics on PC, but you will need a killer machine to run it properly. Sims 3 I haven't played on console, but I imagine controls with gamepad might be harder, I believe that's a natively PC title. But, I might be wrong, considering I usually prefer keyboard + mouse over gamepad anyway.

PS: Also would love if they include ME3 or, well .. SimCity, considering the latter got probably the worst release date reviews I know of, and the first will be a good ad towards getting original ME collection. There is hope.

#305 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Man I hate these bundles :/

Too many great deals that I just have to buy hoping that my utter gaming pc will play them

and I remember to redeem them :|

thanks

#306 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Here's hope for NFS: Most Wanted as a bonus title. On the Origin Store, it's the same price as all the other games in the bundle @ $19.99 (not counting DS3 for $39.99), it has a bunch of DLC (for extra income after the bundle), and it's not on Steam so it would not have been on the list that Spoder posted.

Edit: I forgot to add that I still won't be content until EA adds Underground 2 to its Origin garage.

#307 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6167 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

The bonuses during the 2nd week will be:

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising

Bulletstorm

Dead Space 2

Medal of Honor Airborne

Spoiler

EDIT: Don't kill me if the info ends up being wrong, I got it from SPUF ;)

Well I don't have Medal of Honor Airborne, so that's nice.

Oh and I loved Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, but C&CRA3: Uprising was a real disappointment. The campaigns feel like they just threw them together (which apparently, they kinda did) and the actors all appear to be just mailing it in. Not that the acting was academy award material in C&CRA3, but there was a lot of campy fun in that game. And that fun is frankly missing in Uprising. They even managed to make Gemma Atkinson look kinda average when compared to her appearance in C&CRA3. And if that wasn't enough, they made the rather curious decision to turn the Japanese campaign into a third person action game. I couldn't bring myself to finish it despite logging 60+ hours into C&CRA3.

Obviously the game is basically free, and that's good. But IMHO, C&CRA3: Uprising is the weakest game in this bundle (assuming that the leak turns out to be correct).

#308 superfries   Custom Title CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

superfries

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Great, thanks for the heads up. This seems like a great deal.

#309 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Is anyone having trouble launching Battlefield 3 from Origin? When I click Play, it says Launching, syncing Cloud Data, then takes me to the Battlefield website and that's it. I don't get a screen flicker or any instance of the game running whatsoever.

#310 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'd be fine with those are the bonuses.  Probably no Bioware stuff in this.

#311 Quiet Jackal   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Quiet Jackal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Is anyone having trouble launching Battlefield 3 from Origin? When I click Play, it says Launching, syncing Cloud Data, then takes me to the Battlefield website and that's it. I don't get a screen flicker or any instance of the game running whatsoever.

It's supposed to launch the battlelog website when you launch BF3 from origin, you have to update your browser to support battlelog then you can find servers via battlelog in your browser to find games.

It sucks...but that's how it works.

#312 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5359 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Those wouldn't be a total let-down (DS2 was on my "probably'll be included" list anyway), but ME3 and Jade Empire would be amazing.

#313 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1318 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

It's supposed to launch the battlelog website when you launch BF3 from origin, you have to update your browser to support battlelog then you can find servers via battlelog in your browser to find games.

It sucks...but that's how it works.

That's... stupid. That's really stupid. But alright, that's good to know. Shouldn't the game launch before that pops up though? What if I just wanted to play single player? Do I have to select that from the site as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. Play Campaign button on Battlelog. Really, really, really stupid.

#314 TheAlmighty91   CAGtastic CAG in Training   7 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

TheAlmighty91

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

just saw this in my email. will wait a bit this time for the average to drop

To drop from $4.75? Seriously? I mean being cheap is one thing but really??

#315 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

That's... stupid. That's really stupid. But alright, that's good to know. Shouldn't the game launch before that pops up though? What if I just wanted to play single player? Do I have to select that from the site as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. Play Campaign button on Battlelog. Really, really, really stupid.

Yes you still have to launch single player through the Battlelog website. It's convoluted but it's a lot less buggy than it used to be at least.

#316 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Went ahead and threw in a dollar. I'm not sure what I'll do with the other games as I mainly only needed Mirror's Edge and Dead Space 3. Sucks I'll have to load Origin just to play DS3.

#317 TheAlmighty91   CAGtastic CAG in Training   7 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

TheAlmighty91

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Any ideas if Sims 3 pack comes with 1 key bundled or the base game + DLCs are separate keys? It's itching me to get the BTA too, but I overspent the past month and I'd rather hold myself, if I can...

You know its a $1 buy in minimum. I'm sure you have a dollar somewhere to spare.

#318 jellisunc  

jellisunc

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

cant believe people are waiting for the price to drop, its only gonna go up and its less than five bucks?

#319 im_dany   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1132 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

What are the EA Origin-only games? ME3, then?

#320 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Anyone knows if Medal of Honor on steam still has limited activations drm?

#321 cranky2   Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

cant believe people are waiting for the price to drop, its only gonna go up and its less than five bucks?

And it's fucking charity. Sure, be a cheapass, but damn.

#322 Nogib   *squeezing* the *juice* CAGiversary!   1458 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

Jumped on this yesterday and gave all of my 4.55 to Humble Bundle themselves. :D

#323 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

The bonuses during the 2nd week will be:

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising

Bulletstorm

Dead Space 2

Medal of Honor Airborne

Spoiler

EDIT: Don't kill me if the info ends up being wrong, I got it from SPUF ;)

And I've got ALL of those, too!! This is the most awesome deal that I can't really benefit from beyond my $1 Dead Space 3. Too bad they don't clear out Medal of Honor: Warfighter which was a total flop. I never realized I had so many EA games. Then again, I'm not one of those haters who avoids them. I just get the games I want.

#324 sneakysnake128   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

sneakysnake128

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Free Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key for Origin:

HAYG-KY42-TLHU-VJCB-4564

Please reply saying you took it.

#325 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

To drop from $4.75? Seriously? I mean being cheap is one thing but really??

No kidding. These sorts of posts (i.e. that you replied to) make be sad that I'm stuck on this planet with people like this. CAGs are all about the deal, but having a fit over a QUARTER or less is retarded. "I dunno, man. I think I'll wait and see if the average drops a dime." Because getting EIGHT GAMES that will provide DOZENS OF HOURS of entertainment for less than you'd pay for a fast food lunch (which will be in the toilet the next day) is TOO MUCH?!?!?!?!??!? ARGH!!!!!!!!!

There's a difference between being a Cheap Ass Gamer and an Entitled Whiny Ridiculous Ass Gamer. THE MONEY GOES TO CHARITY and people are trying to justify not giving the Red Cross an extra DIME?!?!?!? The retail price is $215 and you're sweating pennies?!? How selfish are you people? You'll build a $1500 gaming PC and then demand you get your software for pennies!

I bought in at $4.71 (only paid a buck, but that's what I'll have to pay to BTA if something gets added to Tier 2) and a little later it dipped 20 cents before going back to $4.72 at this writing. Oh darn, I'll have to take back a couple of cans to make that up. If only I didn't have to give the Cancer Society those two dimes! Pffft.

#326 Izod   CheepLikeASpoder CAGiversary!   2294 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Agree, this is one of my issues with EA - all their games are cumbersome to launch and slow to start.  It also feels like every single one of them has some "account" of some sort (Burnout, ME, etc).  Really frustrating and annoying - sometimes I just want to get into the damn game with less than 3-4 clicks.

#327 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

lol at waiting for the price to drop. It's only going up, and I'd expect it to go higher (especially if some bigger companies jump in with $1000+ donations).

#328 a_dirty_Shisno   Thievius Cagcoonus CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

a_dirty_Shisno

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

So, uh....

What's with this "Sign in to claim this page"?

Humble has it's own accounts?  Since, you know, I can apparently retrieve "this page" at any time any reason why I should sign up?

And they're independent from everyone, right?  I don't just sign in with my Steam account or something, correct?

#329 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

It's a key/download manager page, nothing more.  Simple matter of convenience so you don't have to keep track of a dozen or so bookmarks depending on how many HB's you've bought in the past.

#330 tfr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Can I claim this as deductible on 2013 tax return?