* * * * * 13 votes

Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

humble bundle humble origin bundle

#601 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23910 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

Eh. I'm holding out hope for ME. That's all I really want added for week 2. Anything else would be a cool bonus, but that's it for me.

Waiting for Origin Humble Bundle to have Complete DLC Only Packs for  DA2, ME2, and ME3...

#602 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14124 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Waiting for Origin Humble Bundle to have Complete DLC Only Packs for  DA2, ME2, and ME3...

wtX3J.jpg

#603 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

I usually tell him to go home when he's sober.

what i aint drunk i dont do acholol the worst taste ever .so different and interesting if u not down with that i  go three words are you readdy?

heh lol mysterd u mean MysterD Origin Humble Bundle mysterd get what he wants everyone wil get it tooo

#604 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23910 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

heh lol mysterd u mean MysterD Origin Humble Bundle mysterd get what he wants everyone wil get it tooo

Yes, that works. :D

#605 BlackEyedSceva   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

BlackEyedSceva

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

The SteamDB entries make it pretty obvious that we will get Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, Bulletstorm, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and Dead Space 2.

I guess there is a possibility that we could get more Origin-only content. I can't imagine it will be loads of DLC. It's a smart business move on their part to sell that DLC to their new customers.

#606 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23910 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:45 AM

The SteamDB entries make it pretty obvious that we will get Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, Bulletstorm, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and Dead Space 2.

I guess there is a possibility that we could get more Origin-only content. I can't imagine it will be loads of DLC. It's a smart business move on their part to sell that DLC to their new customers.

Or maybe there'll be a Origin Humble Bundle 2? ;)

#607 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

Someone upthread mentioned this possibility: What if they don't add any bonus games, but instead roll out next week with Humble Origin Bundle Too: Electric Boogaloo with all the supposed "bonus games" in the next bundle along with some other stuff?

Let's say: Bulletstorm, C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Sim City 4, Crysis 1 or BFBC2, and a NFS title like Hot Pursuit or The Run; putting Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter in the BTA bracket so that the people who bought the first bundle for a buck will need to pay out more to get the middle Dead Space game?

I think they'd easily get a similar bunch of sales and money and get to boast about how they raised about $20 million for charity in a month. Gets Origin on a ton of machines and when it comes time to choose which platform (if applicable) people buy future titles on, games can choose whether they want some trading cards or a MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE with their game.

#608 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

Or maybe there'll be a Origin Humble Bundle 2? ;)

while I suppose anythings possible, in my opinion that would be a bad move for both Humble and EA, the former because it disrupts the established pattern (and we all know how the masses hate change...) and the later because well they're EA, and this would be a week set of games in comparison to what we got this time. I'm very confident we will be seeing these added tomorrow :)

#609 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23910 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:49 AM

Someone upthread mentioned this possibility: What if they don't add any bonus games, but instead roll out next week with Humble Origin Bundle Too: Electric Boogaloo with all the supposed "bonus games" in the next bundle along with some other stuff?

Let's say: Bulletstorm, C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Sim City 4, Crysis 1 or BFBC2, and a NFS title like Hot Pursuit or The Run; putting Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter in the BTA bracket so that the people who bought the first bundle for a buck will need to pay out more to get the middle Dead Space game?

I think they'd easily get a similar bunch of sales and money and get to boast about how they raised about $20 million for charity in a month. Gets Origin on a ton of machines and when it comes time to choose which platform (if applicable) people buy future titles on, games can choose whether they want some trading cards or a MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE with their game.

I could get down w/ RA3: Uprising and MOH: WF in another Origin HB #2.

I'd also like to see maybe...Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012 version by Criterion) + ALL DLC, too. ;)

EDIT:

while I suppose anythings possible, in my opinion that would be a bad move for both Humble and EA, the former because it disrupts the established pattern (and we all know how the masses hate change...) and the later because well they're EA, and this would be a week set of games in comparison to what we got this time. I'm very confident we will be seeing these added tomorrow  :)

Whether bonuses planned for Origin HB #1 and/or a new Origin HB #2 incoming - if they (EA) got stuff I'm missing and wanting, I'm gonna take notice. :D

#610 BlackEyedSceva   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

BlackEyedSceva

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

I'm very confident we will be seeing these added tomorrow :)

I agree.

Is there any evidence that there is anything other than the four (semi-)confirmed games?

#611 DemonKysho   If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working. CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

DemonKysho

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

For people that don't beat the average and there are bonus games. Will they unlock?

#612 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

Whether bonuses planned for Origin HB #1 and/or a new Origin HB #2 incoming - if they (EA) got stuff I'm missing and wanting, I'm gonna take notice. :D

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it, but you have to consider how other people would see it. EA coming right out with a second bundle instead of the usual bonuses, and a lineup of games that most would consider lesser than the current bundle. I'm sure it would get great sales again, but I also imagine it would kill a bit of the goodwill EA has clearly been trying to build up with this bundle. It could happen, but I think Humble knows better (then again we did get McPixel bundled...twice :headache:).

I agree.

Is there any evidence that there is anything other than the four (semi-)confirmed games?

Not that I've seen, and it would be very weird if it was something different (why would EA be messing with the Steam database, and if it's another bundle wouldn't there be more games closer to launch?). As far as I can tell, the only time a Humble Bundle has been leaked is when it's bonuses for a currently running bundle. Would be rather premature to start updating the database almost two weeks in advance :-k

For people that don't beat the average and if/when their are bonus games will the extra games unlock?

you get the bonuses regardless of what you pay BEFORE they unlock, so you could buy it for $1 now and get whatever bonuses may come. After they are unlocked they become part of the BTA tier.

#613 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14171 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

You'll probably wait until you're dead on Dragon Age 2. With that selling about 1/2 of what Origins did and it being so controversial they've pretty much said they're never doing a complete edition of that because retail didn't want it and they don't want to give away that DLC since almost anyone who bought DA 2 and enjoyed it got the DLC because it was better than 1/2 of the main game quests.

#614 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14171 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

For people that don't beat the average and there are bonus games. Will they unlock?

No the bonus games are almost always to my knowledge for those that beat the average. You can increase your donation to get above the average to get the bonus games. But even if your original payment was at that time above the average and the average later increases you still get everything added.

#615 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23910 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

You'll probably wait until you're dead on Dragon Age 2. With that selling about 1/2 of what Origins did and it being so controversial they've pretty much said they're never doing a complete edition of that because retail didn't want it and they don't want to give away that DLC since almost anyone who bought DA 2 and enjoyed it got the DLC because it was better than 1/2 of the main game quests.

Well, okay - then maybe they can do a BioWare Points Humble Bundle... ;)

Hey, a dude can dream...

#616 DemonKysho   If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working. CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

DemonKysho

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:04 AM

No the bonus games are almost always to my knowledge for those that beat the average. You can increase your donation to get above the average to get the bonus games. But even if your original payment was at that time above the average and the average later increases you still get everything added.

What if they were gifts?

#617 weeman43302   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   452 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

weeman43302

No, NinjaSquirrel is correct. You get the bonus games no matter the price you pay, as long as it is before the new games are added. It's the way every bundle has worked.

#618 recon_zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

recon_zero

So origin thinks I'm in Spain, let me go through a VPN...

Choose USA...

Now it thinks I'm in Germany. Fuck this shitty DRM filled and buggy software

#619 Bierno  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

I hope they add Medal of Honor Warfighter :P

willing to add more money to get it

#620 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

Bonus games are always given to people who bought the bundle, regardless of amount, so long as they bought it before the bonuses unlock.

#621 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

I was halfway through posting a question last night about whether you need to beat the average to get the bonus games because it had been mentioned upthread that as long as you bought the bundle for a buck, you'd get the bonuses. I checked my old emails for when games were added and the new titles always had the padlocks indicating you had to BTA - because I'd already done so, I never saw what happened with just a minimum purchase, BUT in reading the actual wording, it says this:

If you have already purchased the bundle, you can access Steam keys for the games right now from your Humble Bundle download page and play them for free. If you haven't purchased a bundle yet, pay over the average price to receive this fantastic bonus content!

I'm reading this as:

1. If you paid a dollar before the bonuses were added, you get the games.

B. If you were waiting to see what would be added before pulling the trigger, you have no alternative but to BTA, otherwise you just get the base games.

So, if you paid $1, you get the base six games; if you BTA, you get eight games; and if they add four more titles, you will either have 10 games for as little as a buck (no BF3 and Sims 3) or you have all 12 games? Man, that's beyond generous. I'd think they'd do a second bundle and rake in another $10 million for charity instead.

BTW, they're at $8,015,586.74 raised off 1,662,951 bundles so far. Previous record was the THQ bundle with $5.09+ M on 885,370 bundles.

#622 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

^^

Yep, that's correct. Just so everyone is clear:

Before Bonuses - Pay anything to receive them.

After Bonuses - Beat the average to receive them.

#623 Rahxephon91   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Rahxephon91

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

I hope they add Medal of Honor Warfighter :P

willing to add more money to get it

Would be nice to have a boost to the mp community.

#624 DeathByFRODO   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

DeathByFRODO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

no bonuses?

#625 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

OFFS.

#626 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

So origin thinks I'm in Spain, let me go through a VPN...

Choose USA...

Now it thinks I'm in Germany. Fuck this shitty DRM filled and buggy software

And I thought you were on Mount Akina.

#627 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

cr6g.jpg

Mark of the Bundles of the Double Anti-Christ!!!

#628 tcbys   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1187 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Has it even been confirmed that there would be any bonus games to begin with?

#629 BlackEyedSceva   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

BlackEyedSceva

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

Has it even been confirmed that there would be any bonus games to begin with?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - UprisingBulletstormMedal of Honor: Airborne, and Dead Space 2 had Steam database updates at the exact same time that the other games did. That's as close to confirmation as you're going to get.

#630 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

As far as the Steam entries, cool, but I'm hoping they add some Origin bonuses too. Need for Speed please!