* * * * * 13 votes

Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

humble bundle humble origin bundle

#991 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

I ran into a weird problem with my MasterCard. I never use it because it's the only one I've got that I can't set up auto-pay with. All my AmEx cards are set to pay in full (I use my cards as instant checks that get me cash back at the end of the year, not credit cards), but this stupid MC isn't and I'm always getting smacked with a late charge if that one purchase every nine months because some merchant doesn't take AmEx because they clip the most on charges.

So last month I'm parking in a lot with a central electronic pay station and I only need 25 CENTS to cover the last half-hour of time they enforce. Unfortunately, my last two quarters had tipped the waitress (total: $1.50) and my g/f had no change. All I could do was charge it and the damn thing doesn't take AmEx. Fook! Out comes the MC for a 25 cent charge.

I went to pay my bill and it won't let me pay anything under ONE DOLLAR. WTFF?!?!? If I don't pay this 25 cent bill on time, they'll probably whack me for $29 or $39 in late fees. Talk about a Catch-22! I ended up using the MC instead of PayPal for my $16 GMG Sky-o-Shock purchase, so I should be able to pay my damn bill but come on.

#992 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5584 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I got the following in an email this morning from Paradox Interactive:

You’ve been demanding it for months, but we were too modest to make it happen… until now! The Humble Paradox Bundle will go live today, 8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT), and you can make a donation to your choice of worthy charities while picking up a bundle of Paradox favorites! 

I'm assuming that this is the new weekly.

#993 BoringPat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

I got the following in an email this morning from Paradox Interactive:

I'm assuming that this is the new weekly.

I wonder if (a BIG IF!!) there are any games that have not been included in other bundles in this new HB  :oldman:

#994 Flowette   Level 112 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Well I haven't seen CKII in a bundle (not counting Amazon's T-Money specials), so there's that.

Wouldn't be surprised for them to drop some base games into the bundle, but not a lot of DLC. Paradox loooooooves the DLC. That's how they get you.

I got CKII cheap a while back. Have I played it? Barely. Did I buy the most recent expac (the Old Gods or something?) at 75% off recently? Of course I did. I couldn't help myself.

#995 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1894 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

I wonder if (a BIG IF!!) there are any games that have not been included in other bundles in this new HB  :oldman:

SlickDeals posted a list:  http://slickdeals.ne...x-Humble-Bundle

"Judging from the banner, the "pay what you want" tier will be: 
Warlock Master of the Arcane
War of the Roses (maybe a DLC because the game is free to play)
Magicka
The Showdown Effect
Dungeonland

The "Paradox Big Kahuna Bundle" available for $125 contents are listed in the steam database [steamdb.info]"

#996 Thermopyle  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Snatched up the Mass Effect trilogy on Amazon for $14.99. Been wanting that for a while. :)

#997 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11006 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

I went to pay my bill and it won't let me pay anything under ONE DOLLAR. WTFF?!?!? If I don't pay this 25 cent bill on time, they'll probably whack me for $29 or $39 in late fees.

I'd have either overpaid the 75¢ (which would appear as a credit on my statement) or called the 1-800 number on the back of the card and worked it out with a rep.

#998 groz24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'll throw a dollar in for Dungeonland.  Probably even get two of them, one for my girlfriend, too.

#999 a_dirty_Shisno   Thievius Cagcoonus CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

a_dirty_Shisno

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

I had to Google everybody except Louis C.K.& Jim Norton.

I googled none!  That's what a few years of comedy podcasts and NPR will do: WTF, Comedy Bang Bang, The Sound of Young America, Doug Loves Movies.

Here's Tig doing her Taylor Dayne story for This American Life: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jSwzYB545hY  I saw her do that bit at Bumbershoot a couple years ago.  (Bumbershoot is this weekend!  YEAH!)

The only one I've ever even heard of was Please Be Offended, and I've never actually listened to it.

I can remember a time when we used to have to wait 6 months between bundles. Now people are tweaking because they have to wait a day between deals.

When I was young, you had to walk 20 miles with no shoes through the frozen tundra to get yer humble bundle.  And they only took exact change so I had to walk to the bank before then to make change for a nickel.  And we wore onions tied to our belts. 

When I was your age I had to walk 20 miles, through the snow, in the rain, with nothing but cold air between my feet and the frozen tundra, crossing valleys on rickety wooden bridges that would give you painful splinters and streams with no bridges at all, dodging packs of wild dogs and roaming thieves and ruffians, uphill (BOTH WAYS!!!)

That's how it goes.... roughly.

8-)

#1000 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

The Humble Origin Bundle moved one million copies in 25-1/2 hours. After 29-2/3 hours, the Comedy bundle has sold a whopping 19,820 copies - 1/50th as many.

This is like going from a no-holes-barred three-way with Katy Perry and Rihanna to a twisty handjob from Rhea Perlman wearing a steel wool oven mitt.

I'd have either overpaid the 75¢ (which would appear as a credit on my statement) or called the 1-800 number on the back of the card and worked it out with a rep.

It won't allow you to overpay. I went last night and just now to pay the combined quarter and Sky-o-Shock charges and because the latter is still showing as pending, it wouldn't allow me to pay. I've overpaid on AmEx in the past, but these clowns won't allow it. Bother.