UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those the actual steelbook cases for the 360 and PS3?  Just my opinion, but those look horrible.

Makes the regular 59.99 version seem like a steal. Double the price for a statue and "cloth map" that will probably be made of heavy paper?

Remember last time? The Dark Souls "steelbook" edition with all the stuff that didnt exist?

Makes the regular 59.99 version seem like a steal. Double the price for a statue and "cloth map" that will probably be made of heavy paper?

Remember last time? The Dark Souls "steelbook" edition with all the stuff that didnt exist?
I'm hoping map will actually be cloth, unlike Skyrims ...

And yea, the steelcase / book could be cooler. The box alone is massive. My girlfriend has allotted me one corner in our apartment for my gaming stuff ... I'm trying to figure out where to put box ...

Don't know where you live, but I have never missed a release day shipment when using Amazon Prime.
I'd be more worried about not actually getting it from Amazon. Not because of Amazon, but because of Namco Bro. They screwed just about every retailer last time with their preorder bonus. The fact that I have a good rapport with the guys at my local GameStop gives me that piece of mind that I'll get LE. Plus, the whole picking it up at midnight thing is fun for me. Can't remember the last time I did that, it's gotta be at least a few years.

$60 for a map, (probably small) art book, and a statue is almost too steep...but it's for one the successor to my absolute favorite RPG of this gen, so I'll bite. The fact that the box is a display box makes me feel better about it.

I really want to jump on this, but I'll probably just get the regular steelbook.

FUN FACT: I got my 360 LE of Dark Souls at midnight on launch day but still haven't played it for more than two hours.  Yes, I suck a lot...plan to fix that tonight finally.  I would have started this morning but by the time the disc installed my kids were already running down the stairs.

Also, I like how the picture on Amazon (U.S.) clearly states that the game releases on March 11, 2014...but the Amazon date says March 31st...

Ugh, I placed the pre-order. It's way expensive and I don't know if I think the bonuses are worth it but it's fuckin Dark Souls II.
I like all the stuff included, but, yea, it's $30 more than I'd be willing to pay. I totally agree with your last six words. That's how I feel, too =D

I really want to jump on this, but I'll probably just get the regular steelbook.

FUN FACT: I got my 360 LE of Dark Souls at midnight on launch day but still haven't played it for more than two hours. Yes, I suck a lot...plan to fix that tonight finally. I would have started this morning but by the time the disc installed my kids were already running down the stairs.
I got my PS3 LE on launch day. I clocked 100 hours in about a month, and stopped somewhere in the midst of my 3rd playthrough (required to get all trophies, as one boss has three different things that can be made with its soul, The Great Wolf Sif, I believe). Still have to finish that, and go through the DLC...but I put it down due to other games coming out and the fact that I consumed a Fire Keeper's Soul that apparently belonged to the one you rescue, and so I can't use the central bonfire. Would have been nice if they kept hers separate from the rest, as I still have some...but it has to be THAT one I guess...

Anyways...get on it. Amazing game.

My birthday is right around the PC release, so will be asking for the Dark Souls II Steelbook edition. Assuming that it is Steamworks.

What I wouldn't give for a series of action figures....

Pre-ordered because I'm a dark souls whore. I don't just love it, I NEED IT.

I got my PS3 LE on launch day. I clocked 100 hours in about a month, and stopped somewhere in the midst of my 3rd playthrough (required to get all trophies, as one boss has three different things that can be made with its soul, The Great Wolf Sif, I believe). Still have to finish that, and go through the DLC...but I put it down due to other games coming out and the fact that I consumed a Fire Keeper's Soul that apparently belonged to the one you rescue, and so I can't use the central bonfire. Would have been nice if they kept hers separate from the rest, as I still have some...but it has to be THAT one I guess...

Anyways...get on it. Amazing game.
Wow. I sincerely feel your pain on the central bonfire issue. That really hurts getting around everywhere.

On a side note, get on some PvP. That will bring you back into the game. Hopefully, you're around SL 125, that's what most people I know cap themselves off at (thus getting a match quicker). PvP is the only reason I continue to play this game. Nothing like just owning someone who is geared with your standard Havel Set and Zwill.

I typically don't pre-order games, but I did for DS II since the others in the series are among my favorites games of all time. Hopefully they release this CE for PC as I'd rather play it on my PC honestly.

I put down $25 at Gamestop for this.  I'm too big of a Dark Souls fan to pass it up, and I've been dying for some kind of a Dark/Demon's Souls figure forever.

Not buying even if Dark Souls is one of my favorites - they released an absolute piece of crap port for PC. Yes I know about dsfix and all that, which is an unofficial fan patch and doesn't change the fact that Namco themselves released such a poor quality port. I'll be waiting to hear details about DS2 for PC before I even spend $50-60 for a preorder.

I pre-ordered this earlier in the morning after having received an email about it.

Funny enough, I consider this one of my top games from this generation and it's without a doubt one of my favorite series from any console generation.. I played the heck out of Demon's Souls but with few little time and a pretty hefty backlog I haven't yet fully explored Dark Souls,

I actually stopped playing after the Dragon Guild (forgot it's name) exploit came out. I haven't even played Artorias of Abyss yet, so I gotta remedy that before March!

The series has certainly gotten a whole lot popular so I do wonder if this will be a "limited" run or not, Plus $120 is a little more than I expected this to go for, but I own both the Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition & Dark Souls CE, so I'm def in for this.

So is this supposed to be limited, as in small amounts and hard to get, or just limited to 100,000 copies or something? Things like this aren't worth pre-ordering if they're overproduced, as you'll likely get it for half off or so within a few months of release. If the series is as popular as they say it is, then I'm leaning toward the latter (more copies more money), but I'll hold a pre-order on Amazon just in case. If this thing doesn't sell out well before release, I'm canceling for sure. Games like this are always the ones with collector's editions in the "bargain bin." 

I had what I guess was the regular edition preordered from Amazon already.  I cancelled that and preordered both the Black Armor and CE editions.  I'll decide later on which one I want (possibly both).

I'm surprised they didn't just make the regular one the "Black Armor" like how they upgraded the regular ones last time.  And by the way, I had no problem getting that edition from Amazon.

PetersHere - It is always hard to tell with these things.  I mean the Demon's Souls CE's were selling for quite a premium right after launch (and still do).  Lucky me - I still have a sealed one ;).  But then at the time the game kind of came out of nowhere to be a big hit.  Now that they know they have a sure-fire seller, they may very well overproduce this one.  Like others are saying, if the preorders sell out relatively quickly (say by Nov/Dec) then that may be a sign it is somewhat limited.  If you can still order up to release day, then, well, there will probably be tons of them.

I'm definitely disappointed at the price, though.  $100 would have been more than enough.  $120 is kind of ridiculous.  In the end, that might be the deciding factor for me, even if they are somewhat hard to find.  It's funny, but even though I'm not a fan of DLC or digital stuff in general, I feel like the $120 price should include a season pass (though there will probably only be one big DLC for it) or at a minimum some exclusive DLC.

Sixty bucks seem excessive for just a statue, artbook, and map. But it's great that everyone who preorders gets the Black Armor edition.

I'm super sick of all of these Collector's editions.  Then one releases for one of the few games that I'm excited for...and it's the worst CE I've seen in a while. 

bread's done
Back