* * * * - 37 votes

The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

#961 cranky2   Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

nah i dont care bout critics i  care bout my guts and heart if it say yes yo critics are bser to me as long i like it doesnt matter

Well said.

I think.

#962 brokenpavement   Maracas Master CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

brokenpavement

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

CODE DROP:

Thanks for the post!  Too bad Hard Reset got lurked... :(

#963 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the post!  Too bad Hard Reset got lurked... :(

Be sure to check out the Amazon thread later tonight ;)

#964 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Be sure to check out the Amazon thread later tonight ;)

That's just mean =)

#965 indef  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Not to detract from another batch of riveting weeklong deals, but World Basketball Tycoon (or World Basketball Manager Tycoon if you want to be pedantic), came out today.  I hope this doesn't make all those leftover World Basketball Manager 2010 steam gifts I have plummet in value.

Spoiler

Kabe approved! 

#966 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Dan Marshall (the Ben and Dan guy) tweeted about a sale that started today: Huge Seal.

http://www.hugeseal.com/

There are 35 indie games on sale there. You sign in with your Steam account (the same way you sign into SteamGifts and such) and it lets you grab up to five discount coupons for the games you want. If you buy a game with one of the coupons, it'll take note of it and give you an extra coupon after going back to the site. Once you buy three games with the coupons, the site will give you a free game that you don't own, chosen at random.

There's some good stuff there - La Mulana, Rochard, Gianna Sisters, and such. They're not as cheap as they have been but some of the games have decent discounts.

This is run by Frozenbyte, and I think they had a similar sale last year but it was a lottery type thing.

This seems like a really cool idea to me, though I'm kinda wondering what to get. I have 19/35, most of the ones I would be interested in, but does anyone have an opinion on:

Reus $3.40

Element4l $4.99

Legend of Grimrock $3.75

Death Rally $2.00

Universe Sandbox $2.49

The cheap part of me says to just buy the lowest priced games and hope I get something more valuable, but the slightly more reasonable gamer side says get games i'd actually play and hope they don't give me shadowgrounds :-k

#967 cyrus386  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

This seems like a really cool idea to me, though I'm kinda wondering what to get. I have 19/35, most of the ones I would be interested in, but does anyone have an opinion on:

Reus
Element4l
Legend of Grimrock
Death Rally
Universe Sandbox

The cheap part of me says to just buy the lowest priced games and hope I get something more valuable, but the slightly more reasonable gamer side says get games i'd actually play and hope they don't give me shadowgrounds :-k

And the more reasonable side of you says to wait for the winter sales and the most reasonable side of you says wait for them to be bundled. ;)

#968 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

Reus

Element4l

Legend of Grimrock

Death Rally

Universe Sandbox

I purchased Ben There, Edge, and Rush. Received Swords & soldiers as free game  :???:

#969 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Reus

Element4l

Legend of Grimrock

Death Rally

Universe Sandbox

friend loves legend of grimrock death rally is not bad game it was 90% coupon before but it is fun when i play it i love it since it was only racing game i had lololol but it fun little power up to hit people with espically me hitting u with hehh e

#970 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2184 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

I purchased Ben There, Edge, and Rush. Received Swords & soldiers as free game  :???:

Did you already own Swords & Soldiers?

#971 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

it fun not bad

#972 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8736 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

The point of signing into the site is that you don't get a duplicate game. I think.

This is a decent price for the Gianna Sisters games but I'm having a hard time choosing a third game... and with my luck I'll get a game I'll never play, like Universe Sandbox or CubeTractor.

#973 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

The point of signing into the site is that you don't get a duplicate game. I think.

This is a decent price for the Gianna Sisters games but I'm having a hard time choosing a third game... and with my luck I'll get a game I'll never play, like Universe Sandbox or CubeTractor.

any of it has cards?

#974 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10499 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

My problem is that the games I don't have (I've got 24/35) are only 50% coupons with higher prices.  Nothin doin for me

#975 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

No, I had just forgotten about it when calculating which cheap games to buy. I had assumed (very possibly correctly) that the free games will usually be the bundled and the cheap. I kinda want to get Reus, though, and maybe Element4l. Could pick up Deathtrack as well to bag that "free" game. 

#976 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20364 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Cool idea.  Too bad I own too much.  

Only way it would work for me would be Giana Sisters, Universe Sandbox, and Mutant Blob Attacks.

Then some free game.

But not really worth it even if I get Monaco or Antichamber.

Giana Sisters just feels like it's sucking out a few sales before being bundled.  Mutant Blob has been cheaper.  I don't want to play Universe Sandbox. 

#977 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

My problem is that the games I don't have (I've got 24/35) are only 50% coupons with higher prices.  Nothin doin for me

Same.

#978 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8400 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

I can find three games in that promo I don't mind paying for, but I know I can get them all the same price or cheaper if I wait for a sale or bundle. It'd only be worth it if I got Monaco, Swapper, or Antichamber as the free game...don't feel like gambling on it.

#979 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

My main fear is that I will end up getting Shadowgrounds as the free game, since I don't own either :headache:

#980 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

My main fear is that I will end up getting Shadowgrounds as the free game, since I don't own either :headache:

is that the only thing holding you back?

#981 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/7110/

jade empire - 75% 3.75

LOL @ Steam trolling GOG w/ Jade Empire sale.

Now all we need is Gamersgate to troll GOG and put D&D Anthology: Master Collection on sale CHEAP:

http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection

#982 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8400 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

LOL @ Steam trolling GOG w/ Jade Empire sale.

Now all we need is Gamersgate to troll GOG and put D&D Anthology: Master Collection on sale CHEAP:

http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection

A few months ago they had that on sale for 5 bucks

This was after I had bought all the games in the anthology on sale from GOG (save baldurs gate, which I already had), for around 15 or 16 dollars.

I was so pissed.

Edit: I have Star Wolves 3 from the Indie Gala Bundle. I already had the game -it was actually given to me, so I feel the need to do the same as CAG karma. So if anybody wants it, send me a PM. BTDubbs - it has cards. So even if you have zero interest in it you can make some Gaben Bux off of it.

Dubble Edit Action: Star Wolves 3 has been taken

#983 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Site seems to be slow as hell... I did manage to get Monaco as my free game though, so I'm happy. 

#984 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

A few months ago they had that on sale for 5 bucks

This was after I had bought all the games in the anthology on sale from GOG (save baldurs gate, which I already had), for around 15 or 16 dollars.

I was so pissed.

Oh, man - that's to getting sale-trolled. :(

Sucks when that happens.

#985 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot is now on steam store. http://store.steampo....com/app/239220

For those that wants to try out the game, you can grab a beta key from here. Take note that the code is for Uplay not steam.

#986 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1923 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Must be a lot of people getting in on the deal, cause the site is crashing on me.

#987 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Second attempt, received Antichamber this time :) . Decent site, I hope they stick around for a while, after they make the site a bit more stable.

#988 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8400 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Second attempt, received Antichamber this time :) . Decent site, I hope they stick around for a while, after they make the site a bit more stable.

Damn..you get antichamber, hal gets monaco. This is tempting me...but naturally I'd get shadowgrounds or skulls of the shogun or some game i have no interest in like that.

#989 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

is that the only thing holding you back?

2zqhpa0.jpg

#990 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1923 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

I'm pretty sure I got Shadowgrounds in a humble bundle a billion years back. 

Yeah, it was the Frozenbyte bundle I got to get Trine.

So check, you might already have it and not know.