* * * * - 37 votes

The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

#991 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Is there some promo on Reus I'm missing?

#992 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8362 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

http://www.hugeseal.com/

#993 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Thanks.  Checked out a press release as the site isn't loading on my (temporary) Mac for some reason.  Have basically everything I want from that promo but Reus so guess I'll pass as it looks like you have to buy multiple games to get the good discounts.

#994 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

Also, going to post this here: Microcenter is having a crazy sale on i7-4770k processors at $200.  Unfortunately it's in-store only and the nearest Microcenter is a six hour drive.  But if you live near one and are building a system you won't be seeing a price like this for a good while.  They sell for $320+ everywhere else and i5-4670k's sell for $230+

#995 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6164 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

Also, going to post this here: Microcenter is having a crazy sale on i7-4770k processors at $200.  Unfortunately it's in-store only and the nearest Microcenter is a six hour drive.  But if you live near one and are building a system you won't be seeing a price like this for a good while.  They sell for $320+ everywhere else and i5-4670k's sell for $230+

And wouldn't you know it, they're out of stock in the only Microcenter in my state. Bah!

Thanks anyway. I'd like your post, but I'm fresh out.

#996 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Yep, the deal has been going on for a while (since this morning) -- didn't really think to post it here until now.  Seems like they have decent stock in most states, though.  I've heard people are having success price matching through phone orders or internet via Staples.com but it's spotty.  I doubt I'd have much success with that consider: 1) there are no Microcenters in my state; and 2) there are no Staples here, either!

#997 Meowlo   Steam Addict CAGiversary!   1294 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

The mobs on SD were able to PM to Staples and combine with a $20 coupon. I was able to score one this way for around $180 before tax.

MC in Tustin, CA will always show OOS because they have higher prices.

#998 cyrus386  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Also, going to post this here: Microcenter is having a crazy sale on i7-4770k processors at $200. Unfortunately it's in-store only and the nearest Microcenter is a six hour drive. But if you live near one and are building a system you won't be seeing a price like this for a good while. They sell for $320+ everywhere else and i5-4670k's sell for $230+

The i5s are going for $150 as well, I believe. I got my $200 i7 from Microcenter a couple years back. :)

#999 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'm pretty sure I got Shadowgrounds in a humble bundle a billion years back. 

Yeah, it was the Frozenbyte bundle I got to get Trine.

So check, you might already have it and not know.

Quite possibly when they gave both it and Shadowgrounds: Survivor away with the random slot "Summer Seal" thing they did, that's how I picked mine up.

#1000 UlysisAM   'Nuff Said... CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

There were only four games that I didn't own from the ones they were offering coupons for. 

Obviously I picked the cheapest three and will get the last one free.

• dfg likes this

#1001 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

The Giana Sisters huge seal coupon works on the twisted bundle, $3.60 for the game +dlc looks like a good deal to me, also bought Rush and Time Gentleman, Please! for $1 each. I got an Element4l steam key for buying those three games, I was hoping for The Swapper or Antichamber but I'll take whatever I can get (at least it wasn't shadowgrounds or universe sandbox)

#1002 cyrus386  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

Dunno why no one's posted the Humble store deals today, but they actually have Reus for $3.39 at the moment.  Also Fez for $4 and Guacamelee half off.

#1003 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

The mobs on SD were able to PM to Staples and combine with a $20 coupon. I was able to score one this way for around $180 before tax.

MC in Tustin, CA will always show OOS because they have higher prices.

Question: Would Staples care where I lived?  Wondering if I got them on the phone would they sell me one and ship it to an area where there is no Microcenter or physical Staples store. 

#1004 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23730 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

The i5s are going for $150 as well, I believe. I got my $200 i7 from Microcenter a couple years back. :)

Same here on the i7 (950 in my case) from Microcenter.

That was a few months before Witcher 2 PC came out.

#1005 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6164 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

Question: Would Staples care where I lived?  Wondering if I got them on the phone would they sell me one and ship it to an area where there is no Microcenter or physical Staples store. 

Spoiler

#1006 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

Yeah I figured.

#1007 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13914 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

i7? Pfft, I just run 12 Pentium Ds in a Beowulf cluster. Buncha noobs.

#1008 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

Dunno why no one's posted the Humble store deals today, but they actually have Reus for $3.39 at the moment.  Also Fez for $4 and Guacamelee half off.

cause neuro a mutatnt so sad neuro becocme mutant now who can take over his job so sad neuro u were great one but mutants attack you espiclay jfool barne y is

Yeah I figured.

oh really now

#1009 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

I've been out of the loop for the past 8 weeks or more... are cards still a thing or has that cratered completely?  I haven't even looked to see what games of mine offer them now since I assume there's a triljillion.

I'm still mining cards, they're still worth it if you hold on to your steam bucks until a major sale.

also just received this pm

Dude, I'm on the verge of blocking you because of that stupid long winded post sig. Seriously I'm probably not the only one annoyed by having to read through it.

I don't see how it's long winded since it's devoid of any verbiage whatsoever.

#1010 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5235 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

This seems like a really cool idea to me, though I'm kinda wondering what to get. I have 19/35, most of the ones I would be interested in, but does anyone have an opinion on:

I only own 6/24...  Ahh the joys of being new to bundles! (Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Jamestown, Awesomenauts, FTL, The Swapper.)

So there's got to be something in there worthy of this deal... but I'm just not sure what those games are.

Also, I think any bundle provider (using steam) should be required by law, BY LAW I SAY!!!  to link to the steam page for the game in question... 

Lastly, am I the only one who sees Twisted Sister when they look at the Giana Sister Twisted Dreams panel coupon?

#1011 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8362 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

I'm still mining cards, they're still worth it if you hold on to your steam bucks until a major sale.

It says "tebowdragon15 likes this."

I can also see the words "midnight moon" on that moonshine bottle

I'm so sick of reading all five of those words it hurts my brain

I hate you

I only own 6/24...  Ahh the joys of being new to bundles! 

It is a sweet sweet feeling amirite? As for what's worthwhile: If you can find three games you want for like 65-70 percent off or more, you're golden. It might not meet that CAG 75% rule, but you get a free game, so it's worth it fo sho.

#1012 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Here's his Wii phone-number: 

• Nintendo Wii Code
    3437-2776-7549

#1013 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5235 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

Yep, the deal has been going on for a while (since this morning) -- didn't really think to post it here until now.  Seems like they have decent stock in most states, though.  I've heard people are having success price matching through phone orders or internet via Staples.com but it's spotty.  I doubt I'd have much success with that consider: 1) there are no Microcenters in my state; and 2) there are no Staples here, either!

Still have 10 plus in my area...  Its not too far away also.  Though I'm rather tight on cash right now so to buy the motherboard I need to go with it is likely too much of an issue to do...  But that is the processor I want for my next build, which I hope (and need) to do soon.

Edit: Even with taxes its still a 100 dollars cheaper than the next best price at pcpartpicker.com...  Anyone expecting a better or similar sale sooner rather than later...?

#1014 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

Here's his Wii phone-number: 

• Nintendo Wii Code
    3437-2776-7549
http://www.cheapassg.../4119-stoned99/

maybe it's time to add a stoned99 likes this to my sig

#1015 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

There is also the fact you can just hide individual signatures, so I don't see why he isn't just doing that :oldman:

Also, I think any bundle provider (using steam) should be required by law, BY LAW I SAY!!!  to link to the steam page for the game in question... 

Well consider The Great Seal completely legit, since if you switch the list view there are links for every game (also prices after coupons) ^_~

#1016 cyrus386  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

Still have 10 plus in my area...  Its not too far away also.  Though I'm rather tight on cash right now so to buy the motherboard I need to go with it is likely too much of an issue to do...  But that is the processor I want for my next build, which I hope (and need) to do soon.

Edit: Even with taxes its still a 100 dollars cheaper than the next best price at pcpartpicker.com...  Anyone expecting a better or similar sale sooner rather than later...?

I'd say get the CPU now.  These sales only come once or twice a year if that.  And I haven't checked, but doesn't Microcenter usually do bonus discounts when you bundle a MB with the CPU?

Anyway, you should get it.  You'll need the extra horsepower to run the latest bundled 2D retro indie games.

#1017 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5235 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

I'd say get the CPU now.  These sales only come once or twice a year if that.  And I haven't checked, but doesn't Microcenter usually do bonus discounts when you bundle a MB with the CPU?

Anyway, you should get it.  You'll need the extra horsepower to run the latest bundled 2D retro indie games.

I think it might just be on the ones they showed me...  Which didn't include the one I was eyeing but I will have to look around their site... 

Right now I have to get the wife up, dressed, and dropped off at a street corner so she can make me some extra money tonight.

#1018 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13914 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

Finally got the site to load, and I already have 26/35 of these games. I chose my coupons for the ones I don't own, but they're all at least $5 apiece after this promo. Would rather wait for bundles than use up my Gabenbux to potentially get a key for a game I already have. I ain't givin' no smack money to these jive turkeys!

IWdmEnH.gif

#1019 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

There is also the fact you can just hide individual signatures, so I don't see why he isn't just doing that :oldman:

Well consider The Great Seal completely legit, since if you switch the list view there are links for every game (also prices after coupons) ^_~

bad squirrel didnt do ur job i paid mysterd shall now eat u andd put u in this tummy

#1020 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

Skullgirls was $4.10 via Jake Nome 4-pack. It pays out 7 cards that go for about $0.25 each.

You guys knew about that doe, right?

PC threads are languishing in news-purgatory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, steam deals, cards, steam cards, gaben, pc, steambox