GGT 285 Has The Best Launch Titles Next Gen

Yeah, that game was emotional as fuck. What choices did you make? I bawled my eyes out in the end and I actually got so worried towards the end
after you get bit and you're looking for Clem
that I made myself sick. I don't think I've ever worried so much about a video game character being taken care of.
Yeah that part had me super worried too
I went with having my arm chopped off just in case that would buy time. I didn't steal that guys stuff though (because Clem didn't want to and because it seemed like if the car still had power than the people must be somewhere around) so I thought that part was a little weird, but they at least tried to make him justify still doing it because he heard about the tough decisions you had to make and how they'd affected Clem.
Yep the game makes you care so much about Clem it's amazing, and I think in that regard it is actually more powerful than if the game was just translated into a graphic novel, because by the end you really feel like you were Lee, and not simply experiencing a story about this set of characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
e918a4d64fcb11e3ae0e12ea8b4c068d_8.jpg

Real talk... Knack is hard as fuck.  You die in one or two hits. fuck.  Now I know why it got low scores, journalists hate a challenge.

Should post that first link on GAF and see how long before I get banned.
Oh god haha, that would probably easily be a nail in the coffin :p

Pretty sure the reason behind the first link is because people gave launch titles for the WiiU better scores because they were on a Nintendo console and people kind of gave them a higher score for the effort they made trying to make games that the hardcore crowd would actually play.

Right out of the gate people expect PS4 games to be great since Sony consoles already cater to the hardcore crowd with their triple A titles so they're judged more harshly.
Can't say much on the PS4 games, but I felt the Wii U launch titles were actually pretty sweet. I was one of the people who really enjoyed ZombiU and Mario is Mario which I'm still okay with. NintendoLand was a pretty cool way to show off the system as well.

That's not really a huge surprise. NSMBU is a great game. Was anyone really expecting Knack to be better? And Killzone seems to suffer from launch game syndrome so it's not a surprise for it to be in the 7 - 8 range. ZombiU actually has some cool ideas and true survival horror elements so I'd be a lot more interested in that than another Killzone. Launch lineups are never what determines a console's success anyway. The Wii probably had a better launch lineup than the PS3 but that didn't mean anything down the line when the PS3 got some games.
I basically agree with all of this

Yeah, short of Xbox with Halo or one of the earlier Nintendo systems with it's respective Mario title, I'm hard-pressed to recall a truly stellar launch lineup. These new guys more or less fall in line with my expectations.
Yay! Someone else that wasn't me said Halo! :D Yeah, the first one was an amazing launch title, loved that game so much. These new systems are still both launching with A LOT of games though which is nice, may not be that one amazing game but it seems there are a good amount of alright games, which is fine for a launch.

Yeah, I remember how everyone I knew at school were freaking out about how AAA PDZ was and whenever I got to finally play it myself I thought I had heard wrong and was playing the wrong game.
I still loved the infection/zombie mode in PDZ online, and the fact that it actually had bots. While it may not have been the best game it did a lot of things that I feel other games should also have done (at least with the multi), although I did beat the campaign like 3 times so I guess I didn't hate that either.

I went with having my arm chopped off just in case that would buy time. I didn't steal that guys stuff though (because Clem didn't want to and because it seemed like if the car still had power than the people must be somewhere around) so I thought that part was a little weird, but they at least tried to make him justify still doing it because he heard about the tough decisions you had to make and how they'd affected Clem.
Yep the game makes you care so much about Clem it's amazing, and I think in that regard it is actually more powerful than if the game was just translated into a graphic novel, because by the end you really feel like you were Lee, and not simply experiencing a story about this set of characters.
I made the same decisions.
I really didn't feel like it was right to take the stuff from the car and since I had Clem to worry about I didn't want to draw any anger from whoever left that car. I also cut off my arm because I thought it would buy me time or maybe allow me to live. I was very disappointed to find that it didn't. Have you looked up the difference your choices make in the end game? It's actually pretty disappointing. You're literally damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I completely agree. I have never felt particularly attached to any of the character from the comics (aside from Morgan in the beginning or Shane), but the game made me absolutely LOVE Clem. I really cared about what happened to her and I actually think pretty often about how I feel like I fucked up whenever I was telling her where to go during our final talk. I can't wait to see what Season 2 has in store. I just hope that everything works out for Clem and she becomes part of a better group. Hell, I kind of hope she stumbles onto Woodbury.

Real talk... Knack is hard as fuck. You die in one or two hits. fuck. Now I know why it got low scores, journalists hate a challenge.
Knack is an action gamer's wet dream confirmed?

Finally downloaded Dragon's Dogma. So far it seems... janky. I can definitely see the Monster Hunter influence though. The framerate is rough though.

Finally downloaded Dragon's Dogma. So far it seems... janky. I can definitely see the Monster Hunter influence though. The framerate is rough though.
I enjoyed it enough, MH is definitely more fun for me compared to it though. I made a dual wielding Dwarf in Dragon's Dogma and it was pretty sweet though. He could jump really high and it was kinda funny.

I really didn't feel like it was right to take the stuff from the car and since I had Clem to worry about I didn't want to draw any anger from whoever left that car. I also cut off my arm because I thought it would buy me time or maybe allow me to live. I was very disappointed to find that it didn't. Have you looked up the difference your choices make in the end game? It's actually pretty disappointing. You're literally damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I hadn't but I figured as much, people had told me that was the case. And you could kind of tell for a lot of the story that your decisions didn't have that much of an effect, other than changing what characters were present. Also the game fails a bit in the dialog department at times due to the fact that a character has a strong feeling towards you and tells you to go to hell, but then it goes to a default dialog line that the character has to say and they don't sound mad at all.

I completely agree. I have never felt particularly attached to any of the character from the comics (aside from Morgan in the beginning or Shane), but the game made me absolutely LOVE Clem. I really cared about what happened to her and I actually think pretty often about how I feel like I fucked up whenever I was telling her where to go during our final talk. I can't wait to see what Season 2 has in store. I just hope that everything works out for Clem and she becomes part of a better group. Hell, I kind of hope she stumbles onto Woodbury.
Yeah I'm interested to see what happens in Season 2, I'm not sure if I'll get the game right away, but I might debate it, since I liked this first one a lot. I haven't actually read any of The Walking Dead comics, I've been meaning too; I might have one of my parents get me that one TPB collection of #1-46 for the holidays though.

I hadn't but I figured as much, people had told me that was the case. And you could kind of tell for a lot of the story that your decisions didn't have that much of an effect, other than changing what characters were present. Also the game fails a bit in the dialog department at times due to the fact that a character has a strong feeling towards you and tells you to go to hell, but then it goes to a default dialog line that the character has to say and they don't sound mad at all.

Yeah I'm interested to see what happens in Season 2, I'm not sure if I'll get the game right away, but I might debate it, since I liked this first one a lot. I haven't actually read any of The Walking Dead comics, I've been meaning too; I might have one of my parents get me that one TPB collection of #1-46 for the holidays though.
Yeah, I'm hoping that the dialogue is a bit better all around in the second season. I hear good things about the dialogue in Wolf Among Us, so I expect the best!

After being able to get the first season so cheap on PSN I'm thinking that I'll wait it out unless end up having nothing to play by then (entirely possible with how I'm burning through my backlog). Great! You should totally read them and the early stuff is the best. You'll probably get pretty jaded around issue 80.

that game was a mess at launch, online coop/multiplayer was laggy , and unplayable. one of the worst gaming purchase i ever made.
I traded in my xbox with a fucked up controller. It had no back and the stick would swivel around. lol pwnt

Welcome to the club. If indidawg still posted in here he would tell us how he is banned too but he doesn't post in here anymore.

this theater HW is shit

All I said was that I didn't get my harmonica when I pre-ordered Steambot Chronicles

After playing some of the Sam & Max games and the BttF games, I didn't have high expectations for TWD.

After I played it? Holy crap in a pita... I was tearing up during that final scene. :\

I was confused by why it was declared GOTY by so many media outlets and such last year, but after giving it a chance, I understand it. I don't think it would be my GOTY, but I'm amazed on how powerful it is, how it had the ability to make the player put themselves in Lee's shoes and care about Clem. I'm still just amazed by it.

I'm banned from GAF for till December 1st
Who are you on GAF?

so out of the all the gears of war games, which one is worth playing? do i need to play them in the chronological order from 1-3? any improvements gameplay wise from 1-3?

so out of the all the gears of war games, which one is worth playing? do i need to play them in the chronological order from 1-3? any improvements gameplay wise from 1-3?
I enjoyed all of them, I would definitely play them from 1-3 in order since the story follows that order, Judgement is a prequel though it's not as good as the other ones, but I would still play it last if you do ever give it a shot. I played a lot of 2 and had a good time with it, love the chainsaws haha.

I enjoyed all of them, I would definitely play them from 1-3 in order since the story follows that order, Judgement is a prequel though it's not as good as the other ones, but I would still play it last if you do ever give it a shot. I played a lot of 2 and had a good time with it, love the chainsaws haha.
ok, thanks

After playing some of the Sam & Max games and the BttF games, I didn't have high expectations for TWD.
After I played it? Holy crap in a pita... I was tearing up during that final scene. :\
I was confused by why it was declared GOTY by so many media outlets and such last year, but after giving it a chance, I understand it. I don't think it would be my GOTY, but I'm amazed on how powerful it is, how it had the ability to make the player put themselves in Lee's shoes and care about Clem. I'm still just amazed by it.
I agree Frosty I had a similar experience, I hadn't played any of the other Telltale games but I'd heard mixed or somewhat negative things, but friends said that they loved The Walking Dead but then gave mixed messages because they also pointed out that decisions meant so little in the game. And now that I've finished it I totally understand that feeling, basically the core of the story and the interactions with Clem overshadow the other decisions which end up not really adding or changing much. I'm really glad I gave it a try though, because even with its weaknesses it was still a great experience.

bread's done
Back