* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#4051 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:37 PM

You didn't by chance jot down the DPCIs on those PSP 2-packs?

Sorry, mate.  I know one of them had a syphon filter game.  I want to say that one of the other ones was Secret Agent Clank and Daxter combo.  I'm not sure if there was another type of two-pack there.

Also, the Target at Southern and Dobson had a pretty large selection which were unmarked on an end cap next to the actual clearance section.  Bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for $10 and Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $15.  Saw Street Fighter x Tekken for 20, Rayman Legends $15 (I scanned this one and the ones I bought to see whether the end-cap items were clearanced), Lumines, and a couple of Lego games.  I did not price scan everything.  Best of luck!

Here you are:

https://www.cheapass...xii/?p=12898553

And Nice to have someone in Phoenix again! I think...

Yeah they had some stuff on clearance the week before Mario & Sonic went on sale but at that time I didn't think much of it. There is a fair amount now at Power/Ray and the Baseline McClintock one. 

#4052 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:22 PM

How can you compare a home console and handheld console? If that is the came then the console version is horrendous compared to the PC version. What is sad is this generation has really forgotten what gaming on a handheld system was really like.

Not comparing, but rather saying if someone has never played BL2 then play it on a console, as the two versions *aren't* comparable.

#4053 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:46 PM

So here's my BL2 question --  I've plat'd it on PS3.   I know it shares the same trophy list, but one thing I never played was any of the DLC.   Is there a way for me to import my character?  I no longer have the disc for PS3... though I [probably] have save files on my ps3.

Or should I just replay it entirely on Vita... maybe with a different class?

#4054 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

Went to the Target that time forgot tonight. Tons of Vita games, Killzone, Ridge Racer, Rayman, a couple others. Tons of double pack Sypthon Filter PSP, along with a Clank and Daxter double, bunch of other singles. Car PSP charger, stuff like that.

Grabbed one Killzone, left the rest.

#4055 l8nitebreakfast  

l8nitebreakfast

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:49 AM

My target in North Florida had for $9.98

Ridgeracer
Need for Speed (bought it)
Mortal Kombat (bought it)
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Lego something
Super Monkey Balls

For $15
Lumines

#4056 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

So here's my BL2 question --  I've plat'd it on PS3.   I know it shares the same trophy list, but one thing I never played was any of the DLC.   Is there a way for me to import my character?  I no longer have the disc for PS3... though I [probably] have save files on my ps3.

Or should I just replay it entirely on Vita... maybe with a different class?

You'll need the game as well as the saves. A PS3 copy can be found for $3-5 these days.

I should also point out not all DLC is on Vita, just 2 of the story/mission packs, the 2 characters and the level cap increase. While it's not the whole lot(which nearly rivals the amount of content in the full game), it's still around 10 hours of added gameplay or so.

#4057 Joao  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:59 AM

You guys are making me jelly. I can hardly find Anything local, and if i do they are borderlands 2, lumines, or MLB at full price. Bah humbug!! Ahaha

#4058 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:02 AM

it makes sense for amazon to have Prime specials; they're selling the (fantastic) service too. If they can get more subscribers, and make existing subscribers happier, by providing some extra deals... then I don't blame them. Of course, we subscribe to Prime and use it all the time [amazon has become our biggest source of general everyday sundries with subscribe and save, etc] so it's no skin off my back. But assuming the deal would exist at all if Prime didn't exist is a mistake... look at it as a deal that wouldn't exist otherwise, and then you won't get upset if you don't have Prime.

i've heard only good things about the game.

It really doesn't make sense. They have put lots of blu Ray movies behind same paywall... and to me it just seems... random. The "deals" just seem like ordinary sales you can get anywhere. It's really dumb because they dont even always have the best price. I'm a prime member and don't buy into that shit at all. 3 or 4 years ago they had better deals without prime.

Prime is a nice service, but honestly the only reason I kept it another year was for the HBO shows - the streaming is the ONLY value I get out of it. But I already have Netflix and Hulu+ too and don't want to give them up. Since I pretty much watched what i wanted of HBO, I'm not sure I will pay for another year. I did almost bite on the $130 Fire phone since I need a new phone anyway and 1 year of prime is a nice bonus, but not sure I will spit out $100 for prime itself.

#4059 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:10 AM

Ridgeracer
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Lego something
Super Monkey Balls

For $15
Lumines

I want Dungeon Hunter Alliance. Hopefully I can find one in the wild. Thanks for the heads up.

#4060 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

Prime member deals, their version of GCU, PUR, Sam's Club, Costco, etc....

Isnt GCU 20% of all games you buy? Even those already on sale? That sounds miles better than what Amazon is trying to implement lol. It would be nice if Amazon just gave even 5% or 10% of non-prime price for anything you buy (in certain categories of course), so you'd always feel like you are getting a better deal. Instead it just sounds like random things are locked for prime members for no apparent reason at all.

I'm actually a prime member so I don't yet know HOW stupid this is, but it has sounded like a really weird experiment to me. I'm not sure if I will renew prime so I might find out just how bad it is in a couple months...

#4061 GodSmackedMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GodSmackedMe

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

Isnt GCU 20% of all games you buy? Even those already on sale? That sounds miles better than what Amazon is trying to implement lol. It would be nice if Amazon just gave even 5% or 10% of non-prime price for anything you buy (in certain categories of course), so you'd always feel like you are getting a better deal. Instead it just sounds like random things are locked for prime members for no apparent reason at all.

I'm actually a prime member so I don't yet know HOW stupid this is, but it has sounded like a really weird experiment to me. I'm not sure if I will renew prime so I might find out just how bad it is in a couple months...

No, I agree, the way they are going about it does seem a bit odd. I was just comparing it to other paid memberships that give discounts.

#4062 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5245 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:43 AM

Ridgeracer
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Lego something
Super Monkey Balls

For $15
Lumines

Can I have Ridge Racer? :-(

#4063 Sayu Kween   Occasionally Helpful CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Sayu Kween

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:44 AM

It really doesn't make sense. They have put lots of blu Ray movies behind same paywall... and to me it just seems... random. 

As far as I can tell they're trying to add "value" to Prime by making certain items exclusively available for Prime members only. But as you said, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why certain items are selected. For example, take Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on PS3 and Xbox One. It's  available exclusively for Prime members. The PS4 and Xbox 360 versions however are still available to all.

Even stranger is the fact that these both became Prime exclusive only about a week or two ago. I hope this doesn't last, but since they started this program in April they've been adding more and more items to the "Prime exclusive" list, and show no signs of slowing down.

This doesn't actually affect me, as I do Prime, but it seems like Amazon is slowly getting worse and worse all the time.

#4064 l8nitebreakfast  

l8nitebreakfast

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:41 AM

I want Dungeon Hunter Alliance. Hopefully I can find one in the wild. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll get you a copy and ship it to you for $12 if you can convince me to go back and buy it for myself. They had 3 copies

#4065 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:24 AM

Thanks Target!2015-09-03_21.23.08.jpg

#4066 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6318 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:25 AM

As far as I can tell they're trying to add "value" to Prime by making certain items exclusively available for Prime members only. But as you said, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why certain items are selected. For example, take Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on PS3 and Xbox One. It's  available exclusively for Prime members. The PS4 and Xbox 360 versions however are still available to all.

Even stranger is the fact that these both became Prime exclusive only about a week or two ago. I hope this doesn't last, but since they started this program in April they've been adding more and more items to the "Prime exclusive" list, and show no signs of slowing down.

This doesn't actually affect me, as I do Prime, but it seems like Amazon is slowly getting worse and worse all the time.

I've noticed certain seasons of the simpsons are that way too.  It really does seem completely random.

#4067 Disp0sable13   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Disp0sable13

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:39 AM

if anyone else wants to take a venture to their local targets for vita titles, PM me with what you find, im trying to collect some missing pieces and seems plenty of you guys are finding the ones i want!

willing to work out some kind of deal for shipping etc!

#4068 Static Stranger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Static Stranger

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:54 AM

Not deal related, but with my big gorilla hands I never use my PS vita due to the nipples they like to call thumbsticks. 

But I think this is just what I need and maybe someone else will find this handy. Found it in the Auctions forum. Ordered a pair. 

https://www.cheapass...lable-in-white/

Youtube review:  http://www.cheapassg...be&pid=11970923

#4069 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

Not deal related, but with my big gorilla hands I never use my PS vita due to the nipples they like to call thumbsticks. 

But I think this is just what I need and maybe someone else will find this handy. Found it in the Auctions forum. Ordered a pair. 

Edited: NVM!!!!

#4070 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

Wow...making RE Revelations 2 for two different systems a "prime exclusive" seems crazy.  It's like they're going all Sam's Club or something.  I mean, I'm a prime member, and that pisses ME off.  I would think they'd worry about alienating shoppers and the general public as much as padding their paid membership ranks, but apparently not.

#4071 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

You're looking at Prime wrong.   GCU, etc, are pretty much dedicate 'game'/deal services.  They can take the income from selling GCU and aim it all at giving gaming specific deals.  The -reason- people join is for the discounts, because the discounts are the heart of it.

Prime is primarily for heavy users of Amazon -- free shipping, etc.  The deals are 'added value', not why people join.

You said in a previous post that the only reason you kept Prime is for streaming; that too, is pretty much a 'value add' for Prime (though a very nice one).   We have Netflix (and a DVR) so never use Prime for streaming, but still get it every year because we do almost all our shopping via Amazon (we've cut down grocery shopping to pretty much veggies and other perishables -- everything from canned goods to toothpaste to whatever comes from amazon).     That's Prime's main purpose - to make buying on amazon easier and cheaper in a way that compels us to shop there instead of elsewhere [and it works].    Some deal on a game or bluray is just a minor value add.

I'm not sure how you can think adding value to a service 'doesn't make sense'... it makes absolute perfect sense.

It really doesn't make sense. They have put lots of blu Ray movies behind same paywall... and to me it just seems... random. The "deals" just seem like ordinary sales you can get anywhere.

It's just a value add.   It's not meant to be a selling point of the service, or to get you to grab something else on your order.  It's certainly not competing with something like GCU.

think of PS+.  You're spending your money for 'online PS4' and for the monthly games.   Those are the main selling points.  Extra discounts during sales are just a 'value add' for existing members, and one more thing that might push people into thinking a sub is worth it -- but those discounts aren't meant to be the 'main' draw [although they may be for some, obviously].

Giving members of a paid service an extra discount here and there is a nice, cheap, easy way to make your members happy.

#4072 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15029 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

I haven't seen a Vita game in the wild for months. It's pathetic and such a waste. At least we have PSN and PS+, but Sony has really been dipping on quality PS+ offerings lately. Nothing worth keeping on it more than a couple days.

GameStop still has a full Vita section in each store.

#4073 vlt1p  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

https://www.cheapass...lable-in-white/

Youtube review:  http://www.cheapassg...be&pid=11970923

attachicon.gifTqJwNYz.png  attachicon.gifH7gisMw.png

Pretty neat. Gonna try making my own.

#4074 VGCollectaholic  

VGCollectaholic

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

GameStop still has a full gutted Vita section in each store.

Fixed that for you.

#4075 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

Fixed that for you.

Exactly. And to be more on point, 99% of the time the 'new' games are the only copy and it's gutted on the shelf. Which means it's been handled by hundreds of people, dropped, kicked around, etc. But yeah... it's new.....

#4076 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

Thanks Target!  2015-09-03_21.23.08.jpg

Nice find. I'm jelly. Felt fortunate to have found a copy of Killzone yesterday but really wish I would have run across MGS and Rayman. There are about 8 Targets in my city though so may hit a different one by taking a different route home from work today. 

#4077 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13432 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

A fair number of Targets in my area seem to have a decent amount of stock of some of these Vita games.  Think I may wait for the 70% off  for the majority of them, as long as the drop happens in the next few weeks.

#4078 infasis  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

Anyone play the Vita version of Tecmo's Deception? Any good? I think it's called Blood Ties but I can't remember which number in the series it is.

I played it for awhile and it seemed pretty fun. I wanna get back to it, but I'm in the middle of a lot of stuff right now.

I've seen other people that are huge Deception fans, but I've yet to play any of the other ones.

#4079 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

Thanks Target! 2015-09-03_21.23.08.jpg

Picked up every single one but Lego Batman. Thanks again. I also picked up Killzone Mercenary, Lumines, and Mortal Kombat. I'm thinking about selling/trading those since I might have them already. Jusy need to confirm when I get home. Also picked up Minecraft. Don't know if I'm going to keep it or sell it. I already have the PS4 version. Thanks again!

#4080 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

GameStop still has a full Vita section in each store.

If anyone lives in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Meyers has an absolutely fantastic Vita section in every store I've been to.   Unfortunately, they're not particularly good at reducing prices over time, so a lot are still original msrp and the few in the bargain bin aren't good deals (usually stuff like Fifa 12 or whatever, but sometimes I think I see hot shot golf in there (own it)). 

I guess some vita games might be good deals at MSRP now, though... maybe I should look into that.