PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
291 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
If you download a game off PSN onto your card and then end up filling your card up, do you lose the game if you delete it?  Or can you store it in a cloud somewhere and just redownload it whenever you want?

You can always re-download the purchased game at a later date for free. Or, if you use Sony's PC companion you can transfer the game onto your PC (the save files are included) and save yourself having to download the game again.

You can always re-download the purchased game at a later date for free. Or, if you use Sony's PC companion you can transfer the game onto your PC (the save files are included) and save yourself having to download the game again.
Thanks...so what's the big decision of what to keep on your card? Just for convenience/preference?

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

DJ Max looks fun but is quite expensive through Amazon right now. I might shop around for that one though. I'm pretty sure I bought a digital version of HS Golf but haven't played it yet. I keep not buying Persona 4 so maybe I should finally pull the trigger since it is discounted right now. Decisions, decisions.
DJ Max has been out a long time and has not dipped below $40 which is what you can get the game for on Play Asia. It had a small release so the price will likely only go up.

Just because they're cheap does NOT mean you need to buy. The only actually good game in that lot is Sly Cooper. All-Stars is "OK" and Unit 13 was OK when it came out (so not worth playing these days, though). And Resistance is utter crap.
The thread is called "Cheap PS Vita Games". They are all good games that I didn't have.

Thanks...so what's the big decision of what to keep on your card? Just for convenience/preference?
It's more Replayability x Size / Convenience = Digital Purchase.

DJ Max I used as an example as it's a game you can pretty much always jump on and run through a set list or so. Also coming in at 3gb if you buy retail it won't chew so much data.

Killzone is another hanging around 3gb AND has a 700mb patch (Used to be a gb, may still be?). So there's 4gb on one game, though not a bad game by any means but that's a large amount of space.

Uncharted Golden Abyss is also 3gb+ but is PS+ so whatever to that.

Basically around 2gb or less is the sweet spot for me to drop a game on my 32gb stick although if a games good I'll throw it on np.

A few of my mainstays are...(mostly multiplayer)

Sonic 1461MB (Amazingly fun racer)

Playstation All Stars 2228MB (I keep it on for whatevs...I like it but can be overly frustrated playing online.)

Killzone (Retail) 1193MB Update download (Awesome game, online and off)

Unit 13 1194MB (Fun cover based shooter)

Hot Shots 1678MB (Jump on from time to time)

Rayman Origins 937MB (working on it)

Touch my Katamari 748MB (I get in the mood from time to time. It's just magically delicious.)

The rest are PSN games.

Divekick

Spelunky

When Vikings Attack

Lone Survivor

escapeVektor

Worms Revolution Extreme

Stealth Inc

etc...

I also have Soul Sacrifice again now that it's free but might delete it, end game is pretty boring. Half the spells have no use.

If you want me to rate my BEST Vita purchases:

Hots Shot Golf

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Rainbow Moon (my newest fav)

I'm looking for Persona 4 (None at BB, as I tried to run in there today to PM Amazon).

Uncharted bored me, Resistance bored me, AC got put down fairly quickly.

Disgaea's are fun.  Never tried Gravity Rush.. I'll have to put that on my system (I always grab the PS+ games, I just never DL them)

Hey guys I got a quick question since there is a Vita thread now... What are your opinions so far on the handheld?

I am extremely interested in one for Soul Sacrifice and Dragon's Crown, and the remote play features as I have a PS4. But... I already have a 3DS XL and it seems like its game library is so far superior to the Vita, I don't know if I would actually use 2 handhelds. 

My Vita's been gathering dust for a while.  I like it, I'm enjoying the remote play (even though I don't care for the touchpad on back).  I think it's a pretty sweet system that is akin to the WiiU regarding software support.  It has a pretty good range of games and being able to do whatever I want on it is nice.  I DO bring my 3DS everywhere, whereas my Vita doesn't go with me hardly anywhere.  Most of my pickup and play sessions are in my bedroom or on the john.  But right now my 3DS is collecting dust... soooo...

If you catch it on a sale.. yay.  There's some good games and I think it'll be a good platform if/when it gets a good library behind it.  PS+ for it has been amazing (if only I didn't buy the games before you got'm for free.. but that's what I get for being an early purchaser on MOST systems).

I know Meijer stores are a midwest thing but Wednesday and Thursday Vita games are 30% off and there are Santa Bucks coupons.  If in-store prices are the same as online prices then Tearaway will be available for $22.99 (39.99 * 70% - $5 bucks).

http://meijer.shoplocal.com/Meijer/ListingDetail?ispartial=N&ReturnCircularPageFlag=Y&SneakPeek=N&StoreID=2465823&ListingID=-2051091964

http://meijer.shoplocal.com/Meijer/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2465823&PromotionViewMode=1&PromotionCode=Meijer-131211m

Hey guys I got a quick question since there is a Vita thread now... What are your opinions so far on the handheld?

I am extremely interested in one for Soul Sacrifice and Dragon's Crown, and the remote play features as I have a PS4. But... I already have a 3DS XL and it seems like its game library is so far superior to the Vita, I don't know if I would actually use 2 handhelds.
My son has a 3DS XL. I like it. All the games we have on it are nintendo exclusives. If all u care about are nintendo exclusives then the vita isn't for you.

My wife got me a Vita for my b'day in oct and the first thing I got was PS+ and I have still not run out of games to play on it.

I wanted my own handheld and was also looking forward to the PS4 connectivity, but that has to wait until next summer when I get a PS4. The only games I bought so far are AC3 liberation, batman blackgate and killzone. Haven't opened killzone yet, but the other two are fun. I'm happy i did not skip batman based on bad reviews.

I carpool right now and its fun to play console quality games while in the car. Hope this carpool lasts for me.

I carpool right now and its fun to play console quality games while in the car. Hope this carpool lasts for me.
Funny you say that. I live in the city right now and I play for about 20 minutes each way on the bus. In a weird way I am looking forward to moving out to suburbs to have more Vita/3DS time on my way to/from work.

I was deciding between the two over the weekend and I honestly couldn't find much I would play on 3DS besides that new Zelda game...and I like Nintendo and own a Wii U. The Vita just seemed more appealing especially with the ps4 relationship and ps plus library.

I have both the 3DS XL and the Vita. I like them both. They both offer a lot of turn based strategy games which is my favorite genre. 

Anyone here import Games? Or have a Japanese PSN account.

The Vita is perfect for JRPG which I love. I know this thread is for cheap PS Vita games but none have posted about YS, Ragnarok, God Eater 2, etc.

@walls99

The 3DS isn't only for Nintendo games. It has amazing Third Party games too. 

@walls99

True. I said, IF all he/she cared about...... I never meant to say third party games were bad or anything. I just didnt bring up the topic.

So far in my house since its my 6 year old spending the most time on the 3DS, he only has 1st party games since those are the ones he likes. There are some third party games I am interested in. I got Resident Evil revelations a few weeks back. Its fun.

True. I said, IF all he/she cared about......

So far in my house since its my 6 year old spending the most time on the 3DS, he only has 1st party games since those are the ones he likes. There are some third party games I am interested in. I got Resident Evil revelations a few weeks back. Its fun.
Nintendo games are definitely not the only games I am interested in. Like I said, Dragon's Crown and Soul Sacrifice are 2 of the games I want the most on the Vita. I am just trying to determine if the Vita makes it worth owning 2 handhelds, something I have not done in many years.

Anyone here import Games? Or have a Japanese PSN account.

The Vita is perfect for JRPG which I love. I know this thread is for cheap PS Vita games but none have posted about YS, Ragnarok, God Eater 2, etc.

@walls99

If you want digital only there are some sales on PSN.

I picked up Ys:Seven for $7.49 and i know lots of other JRPS are cheap on there too,

Regarding MGS:HD retail... It looks like it might be out of print. I got a used copy on half.com for 27 shipped. I wanted a retail copy so this was my only route. I believe there was a new copy for $40 as well.

Regarding MGS:HD retail... It looks like it might be out of print. I got a used copy on half.com for 27 shipped. I wanted a retail copy so this was my only route. I believe there was a new copy for $40 as well.
I am going to have an eye out for it then. I had no idea it was out of print

I am going to have an eye out for it then. I had no idea it was out of print
Most of the "New" listings on Ebay are from the UK (notice the rating system is different on the box art). Be careful when purchasing if you want a U.S. copy although I think I saw a listing for the UK version saying it was compatible with U.S. Vitas.

Most of the "New" listings on Ebay are from the UK (notice the rating system is different on the box art). Be careful when purchasing if you want a U.S. copy although I think I saw a listing for the UK version saying it was compatible with U.S. Vitas.
Someone else said earlier in this thread that there isn't a region lock on the Vita

I have been spending hours eBay and Craigslist lurking trying to find a really good deal on possibly a White Vita... think I might've found one in my price range... really not looking to spend more than 175. I've seen them as low as 120-130, just gotta keep looking. I wanna play Dragon's Crown so bad for some reason, but want it on the Vita since I don't really have room for my PS3 in here anymore. #firstworldproblems

I have been spending hours eBay and Craigslist lurking trying to find a really good deal on possibly a White Vita... think I might've found one in my price range... really not looking to spend more than 175. I've seen them as low as 120-130, just gotta keep looking. I wanna play Dragon's Crown so bad for some reason, but want it on the Vita since I don't really have room for my PS3 in here anymore. #firstworldproblems
tigerdirect has a 3g vita for $179 but you can get a $40 rebate which brings it down to $139

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2015325&sku=S171-3170

getting a vita for under 175 shouldn't be to difficult. Also dragon's crown looks amazing
Well, the White Vita with the original packaging has been very difficult to find. I am really nervous about buying any system without its packaging... I can definitely get just the white Vita for under 175, or I can get a black one w/ packaging for under 175... but can't seem to get the white w/ packaging. Ugh. lol.

The screen doesn't matter when you are playing the game and not comparing them side by side.  I would liken it me (with a plasma TV) telling everyone else (with LED LCD) that they are playing their consoles on inferior screen.  

What the 2000 do well is it is easier to travel with. 

1. lighter, easier / more comfortable to hold/play/travel with  without grip etc (including L/R and start/select button feel.  

2. longer battery life, which by itself is just OK but combine with the next, win/win

3. USB port. Who want to lug that huge Vita charger around? USB port charging is more convenient than you think. charge at work, charge at hotel/anywhere you go because after all, who do not travel with a usb cable? or at least can easily find one if you lose it.

4. louder speakers so you don't need to always whip out the headphone.

5. subjective. but it looks sleek.  Where as Vita is like 90s high tech with silver plastic trim around it, 2000 looks like a modern device.  

And the box art look different too.

Someone else said earlier in this thread that there isn't a region lock on the Vita
I hope so, i ordered one of the UK version from amazon and i will like to import Sword Art Online Vita game.

At soon the game arrive will report back.

Just a heads up if you're a trophy whore, but the MLB the Show 12 servers were taken offline in September for both the Vita & PS3 versions. If you like platinum trophies, you won't be able to earn it anymore since it had online trophies.

The screen doesn't matter when you are playing the game and not comparing them side by side. I would liken it me (with a plasma TV) telling everyone else (with LED LCD) that they are playing their consoles on inferior screen.
while this is sort of true (you won't notice if you don't have the other) you're really underselling how beautiful the original oled is. bright, vibrant, and better with 'motion' than lcd (no ghosting, or anything of the sort).

from the sounds of it, both versions have their supporters, you can't really go wrong. but i'm sticking with oled.

Anyone trading codes  on here?  I've got a Walking Dead Season 1 (incl. game + 400 Days content) I would like to sell or trade.  

bread's done
Back