PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
while this is sort of true (you won't notice if you don't have the other) you're really underselling how beautiful the original oled is. bright, vibrant, and better with 'motion' than lcd (no ghosting, or anything of the sort).

from the sounds of it, both versions have their supporters, you can't really go wrong. but i'm sticking with oled.
I, for one, welcome our new 2000-model overlords. My OLED has incredibly annoying dark spots that are visible during gameplay. I didn't really notice when I first got it since they're not pronounced on darker games and I was working through Golden Abyss during my return period. But on bright games like Tearaway they really irk me.

Thin, light, a standardized connector, and uniform screen brightness outweigh the vibrant colors at the end of the day.

I have been spending hours eBay and Craigslist lurking trying to find a really good deal on possibly a White Vita... think I might've found one in my price range... really not looking to spend more than 175. I've seen them as low as 120-130, just gotta keep looking. I wanna play Dragon's Crown so bad for some reason, but want it on the Vita since I don't really have room for my PS3 in here anymore. #firstworldproblems
I have a new sealed white AC Vita system I might sell you at a reasonable cost, PM me.

On the subject of OLED vs. LCD, I really love the OLED screens on my two black Vitas. Colors are rich and very saturated looking, similar to my cellphone which also has an OLED screen. I really like that style with rich colors. When I was shopping for cellphones, I compared OLED to LCD, and the OLED was much richer and more colorful.

Having said that, being a Vita junkie and a system collector (still have two sealed N64s, among many other consoles), I'll be getting a new model Vita if they release those in North America. Can't resist new toys!

I, for one, welcome our new 2000-model overlords. My OLED has incredibly annoying dark spots that are visible during gameplay. I didn't really notice when I first got it since they're not pronounced on darker games and I was working through Golden Abyss during my return period. But on bright games like Tearaway they really irk me.

Thin, light, a standardized connector, and uniform screen brightness outweigh the vibrant colors at the end of the day.
I got my 2000 a few weeks ago, and it's AWESOME! For anyone who is a screen whore, stick to the 1000, as there is a noticeable difference between the OLED and the LCD. I use a 3DS on a regular basis, a Galaxy S2 phone, and I still use my PSP from time to time. All my devices have very nice screens for what they do, but they are all very different in their own right.

The Slim screen is very, very good and overall I think it shows very well. If I had never seen the OLED, I wouldn't have noticed any issues. The colors don't POP like they do on the OLED, but they are very clear and have a really natural tone overall.

If your only concern is how great the image quality is, the 2000 won't fit your needs. Besides the lesser screen, the slim is an improvement in every way possible. The positives for me personally, far out weigh the screen difference.

I would rate the OLED at 9.5-10/10, and I would rate the LCD at about 8.5-9.0/10. Now if I was rating the systems, I would rate the 1000 at about 8.5-9.0/10, and the 2000 I would rate 9.0-9.5/10. So for me, the Slim is the better device overall, but if you can't get past the screen differences, it's not for you.

I got my 2000 a few weeks ago, and it's AWESOME! For anyone who is a screen whore, stick to the 1000, as there is a noticeable difference between the OLED and the LCD. I use a 3DS on a regular basis, a Galaxy S2 phone, and I still use my PSP from time to time. All my devices have very nice screens for what they do, but they are all very different in their own right.

The Slim screen is very, very good and overall I think it shows very well. If I had never seen the OLED, I wouldn't have noticed any issues. The colors don't POP like they do on the OLED, but they are very clear and have a really natural tone overall.

If your only concern is how great the image quality is, the 2000 won't fit your needs. Besides the lesser screen, the slim is an improvement in every way possible. The positives for me personally, far out weigh the screen difference.

I would rate the OLED at 9.5-10/10, and I would rate the LCD at about 8.5-9.0/10. Now if I was rating the systems, I would rate the 1000 at about 8.5-9.0/10, and the 2000 I would rate 9.0-9.5/10. So for me, the Slim is the better device overall, but if you can't get past the screen differences, it's not for you.
Since we are off topic, outside of battery life and a slimmer device, what else is better with the 2000?

Since we are off topic, outside of battery life and a slimmer device, what else is better with the 2000?
The other really consequential change is the move to a standard USB port. It also has 1GB of built-in memory. People who own the system can speak to the build, but from what I've read the shoulder buttons are a bit more solid and the start/select buttons are larger and easier to hit in play.

The other really consequential change is the move to a standard USB port. It also has 1GB of built-in memory. People who own the system can speak to the build, but from what I've read the shoulder buttons are a bit more solid and the start/select buttons are larger and easier to hit in play.
meh since each system has it's own pro's and con's the new 2000 isn't enough for me to go after it. It is pretty much guaranteed we will see a 3000 model, by then I will probably take the plunge.

It has a standard mini usb charge port, the cart slot is place in the center along the top, instead of to one side. The shoulder buttons have a firmer and better feel. The PS, start, and select buttons have been improved, as they are now circular and actual buttons that sit above the surface slightly. The D-Pad and face buttons no longer have the circular base around them anymore, so the face looks cleaner. The rear touch pad as been shrunk slightly, and the finger rest has been enlarged so while your holding the Vita, you no longer press the touch pad when not wanting to. All of the light indicators have now been moved to the top, so the light doesn't distract during play. The area on the back around the touch screen now has a mat style finish instead of the gloss finish of the 1000, which provides better grip.

Is that enough? If not, then don't bother getting one, for me I had issues with almost every correction they made on the 1000, so it is just about perfect for me. Different strokes, for different folks!

It has a standard mini usb charge port, the cart slot is place in the center along the top, instead of to one side. The shoulder buttons have a firmer and better feel. The PS, start, and select buttons have been improved, as they are now circular and actual buttons that sit above the surface slightly. The D-Pad and face buttons no longer have the circular base around them anymore, so the face looks cleaner. The rear touch pad as been shrunk slightly, and the finger rest has been enlarged so while your holding the Vita, you no longer press the touch pad when not wanting to. All of the light indicators have now been moved to the top, so the light doesn't distract during play. The area on the back around the touch screen now has a mat style finish instead of the gloss finish of the 1000, which provides better grip.

Is that enough? If not, then don't bother getting one, for me I had issues with almost every correction they made on the 1000, so it is just about perfect for me. Different strokes, for different folks!
All of those added together seem like a big improvement. I'll think about getting one when the price is right.

The screen doesn't matter when you are playing the game and not comparing them side by side. I would liken it me (with a plasma TV) telling everyone else (with LED LCD) that they are playing their consoles on inferior screen.

What the 2000 do well is it is easier to travel with.

1. lighter, easier / more comfortable to hold/play/travel with without grip etc (including L/R and start/select button feel.

2. longer battery life, which by itself is just OK but combine with the next, win/win

3. USB port. Who want to lug that huge Vita charger around? USB port charging is more convenient than you think. charge at work, charge at hotel/anywhere you go because after all, who do not travel with a usb cable? or at least can easily find one if you lose it.

4. louder speakers so you don't need to always whip out the headphone.

5. subjective. but it looks sleek. Where as Vita is like 90s high tech with silver plastic trim around it, 2000 looks like a modern device.
While I agree that USB port and longer battery life are the 2 things positive for the new model and I think it has some storage at least for the saves, I still prefer my old OLED.

You can't liken it to plasma vs LED, you have to compare between OLED and LED. Also no backlight to worry about, especially in a portable. Also your 5 doesn't make sense, they are almost the same.

Wish I cared about baseball so I could take advantage of this. The last baseball game I played was on SNES, the batter would always get awesome powers ups which when hitting the ball would make it rocket fast or turn it into three balls and such. Ah fun times.
Are you talking about Baseball Stars? If so, that may be the game that got me into role playing/strategy. I love how you had to buy players to build your team etc. Amazing game

tearaway is going to be 20$ at gamestop next week. pre owned will prob be 17.99$. this game was so amazing !!
I think I'll just buy it new if I can't find it preowned. Downloaded the demo but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Also does anyone know if there's a case that holds the vita with the trigger grip attached? Thanks

Damn if I had known there was a new Vita coming, I wouldn't have asked for the Walking Dead Bundle. PM me if you're trying to trade LOL.

On a related note, I snagged :ps3: Playstation AllStars Battle Royale when it was on sale for $10 since it had cross buy. I linked it to my system and traded it in to BBY for 6.60 with GCU. I effectively got the Vita version for 3.30 as a result. Excellent deal IMO.

Are you talking about Baseball Stars? If so, that may be the game that got me into role playing/strategy. I love how you had to buy players to build your team etc. Amazing game
Nope that wasn't it sadly. I did find another game I used to play though (not the one with power ups I mentioned however).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT-XZ6lrolk

Loved that game!

Edit- OH SNAP! Super Baseball Simulator 1,000 is the game with power ups I used to play! My childhood lives!

One Best Buy around me has Madden 13 in stock so i picked that up...trying to decide on MLB 12, which is down to $6.59 at the moment.
Dang! Went to my nearest BB which was out, but they directed me to another store which had one copy. I went over there, but by the time I had arrived it was gone. If anyone gets an extra copy they would like to sell, I'll pay the going price + shipping.

Also checked Target and Walmart, but no dice there for price match.

Side note: I love the Vita... .been having a lot of fun with it. However, I am concerned about the in-store game availability. Best buy had maybe 15 different games, if that. Target had 3 total, and Walmart had only 1 (Little Deviants). I know that the Vita library isn't huge, but has anyone else noticed this? Seems like the system doesn't get a lot of shelf space in a lot of stores. Maybe I'm late to the party on this one - being a new Vita owner - but still, seemed a little odd to me. This is especially true as the 3DS had an entire rack full of games at Walmart.

I love the Vita... .been having a lot of fun with it. However, I am concerned about the in-store game availability. Best buy had maybe 15 different games, if that. Target had 3 total, and Walmart had only 1 (Little Deviants). I know that the Vita library isn't huge, but has anyone else noticed this? Seems like the system doesn't get a lot of shelf space in a lot of stores. Maybe I'm late to the party on this one - being a new Vita owner - but still, seemed a little odd to me. This is especially true as the 3DS had an entire rack full of games at Walmart.
I'm loving mine as well, I also see this as well but its the opposite for where I live. Target has a nice selection of Vita games but its Best Buy just has only a handful and they are normally sitting right next to what ever PS2 games and used games they have.

Dang! Went to my nearest BB which was out, but they directed me to another store which had one copy. I went over there, but by the time I had arrived it was gone. If anyone gets an extra copy they would like to sell, I'll pay the going price + shipping.

Also checked Target and Walmart, but no dice there for price match.

Side note: I love the Vita... .been having a lot of fun with it. However, I am concerned about the in-store game availability. Best buy had maybe 15 different games, if that. Target had 3 total, and Walmart had only 1 (Little Deviants). I know that the Vita library isn't huge, but has anyone else noticed this? Seems like the system doesn't get a lot of shelf space in a lot of stores. Maybe I'm late to the party on this one - being a new Vita owner - but still, seemed a little odd to me. This is especially true as the 3DS had an entire rack full of games at Walmart.
I got hired seasonal at Toysrus for the holiday season here. I handle electronics/games, been there a month and a half and have never sold a vita game. I believe a Vita was sold as there's one missing but it didn't happen when I was there. They got in two copies of Tearaway, have one copy of Killzone and received no copies of Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God. I've never seen a restock of Vita games there either. As opposed to 3ds games/systems/Wii U I've sold millions. Even PS3's/360's I've sold quite a few of.

I think the key issue is price/high key releases. Most Vita games in store are full price when on the webs we can snag them for super cheap. Also a lack of coverage in store seems to be a major issue. I went in to buy Soul Sacrifice on release day at BBY and after looking through the games had to ask a rep about it, he had to go in the back and find one because they hadn't even set them out. Most of my gaming coworkers also have 3ds and none have a Vita. Though that most likely has to do more with 3ds being aimed at younger audiences and first party titles.

When people ask me if I like my Vita of course I say yes I love it but when asked if it's worth buying I kind of shrug and think about it. There's quite a few games now that the dry spell is over for the system but many are ports or upgrades, fighters/ps3/ps2/psp mini and so on. Personally I want more online titles, dungeon crawlers, Rainbow Six'ish game, Yugioh, or stuff in general. Killzone is definitely a step in the right direction.

Currently I'm waiting on and hoping DBZ: Battle of Z will be good. Peer pressure some friends into getting it. Atlus, Xseed and Aksys are bringing over a bunch of great games too next year but they'll be single player as well. We need some Phantasy Star, damn sega.

(Disclosure: I don't care about sports games, don't like the Burnout: Paradise City/Most Wanted breaking billboards and all thing. Love Sonic though.)

YMMV but if you're looking for a Vita game case, Wal-Mart had a blue 12-slot one that I picked up on clearance from $6.96 down to $4.  No slots for memory cards, but I wanted one that held more than the 8 that the "official" Sony one holds.

Damn if I had known there was a new Vita coming, I wouldn't have asked for the Walking Dead Bundle. PM me if you're trying to trade LOL.

On a related note, I snagged :ps3: Playstation AllStars Battle Royale when it was on sale for $10 since it had cross buy. I linked it to my system and traded it in to BBY for 6.60 with GCU. I effectively got the Vita version for 3.30 as a result. Excellent deal IMO.
Well at least you got the model with the better screen. If that isn't so important to you and you prefer the other advantages to the 2000 model as listed above, then I'd probably think of trading/selling and waiting for the new one. Personally, as someone who probably will be using this device primarily at home (and use the 3DS XL for traveling) the better screen trumps a lot of the new model improvements, but that's just me.

While I agree that USB port and longer battery life are the 2 things positive for the new model and I think it has some storage at least for the saves, I still prefer my old OLED.

You can't liken it to plasma vs LED, you have to compare between OLED and LED. Also no backlight to worry about, especially in a portable. Also your 5 doesn't make sense, they are almost the same.
Yeah, I'm eventually going to get another spare vita, but it's going to be the older model with the superior display. For me that still outweighs the advantages of the vita slim. With the new model, Sony focused more on cost cutting, which is why they dumped oled for lcd. At least with the psp, they tried to improve the display with each successive iteration (psp-2000, psp-3000).

the vita market is good in nyc except for kmart. the retailers here are selling games and the systems at a solid rate, wii u has picked up here too which is great as i want all consoles and both big handhelds to do well. more sold = more sales for us :D

I've owned the vita since day 1 and TRU has never seemed to support the Vita in my area. It doesn't mean anything to me as I rarely ever go to TRU. I only ever went there for Nintendo stuff because they have a crapload of it. The Targets and Best Buys in my area stock vita games pretty well but I mainly go to Gamestop for Vita games. They generally have a good new and used selection.

Also does anyone know if there's a case that holds the vita with the trigger grip attached? Thanks
I think I'm going to try this...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/295450-20-ps-vita-pull-n-go-folio-gamestop-amz-matched-wfsss/

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/acc...p;sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-6L3AQhcOEapZMk0PBWRA4w

I read on another forum that this will work with trigger grips if you just set the PSP down in the folio. You can't fit it in the actual mini case that is in the bundle. It looks pretty high quality.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/295450-20-ps-vita-pull-n-go-folio-gamestop-amz-matched-wfsss/

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-pull-n-go-folio/98484?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-6L3AQhcOEapZMk0PBWRA4w

I read on another forum that this will work with trigger grips if you just set the PSP down in the folio. You can't fit it in the actual mini case that is in the bundle. It looks pretty high quality.
I'd be interested to see if it fits...it doesn't look like it will. Plus that entire thing is super bulky.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-pull-n-go-folio/98484?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-6L3AQhcOEapZMk0PBWRA4w

It looks like the only real option to buy these is GS. The lowest price on Amazon is $100 and there are none on Ebay. It must be OOP

I use a Vita Pull'N'Go. Great case & it's pretty roomy, though unfortunately I don't use trigger grips so I can't honestly testify to it's usefulness there. Still I'd be surprised if it didn't fit as long as you take out the small inner case.

I use a Vita Pull'N'Go. Great case & it's pretty roomy, though unfortunately I don't use trigger grips so I can't honestly testify to it's usefulness there. Still I'd be surprised if it didn't fit as long as you take out the small inner case.
how roomy is the small inner case though? I want to know if there is about an half a inch on each side after you put the vita in. I would love for my nerf case to fit in there without me needing to take my vita out of it.

Edit- I guess I also need to know if there is a little room towards the back as well since the nerf case add another half inch to the Vita's depth.

how roomy is the small inner case though? I want to know if there is about an half a inch on each side after you put the vita in. I would love for my nerf case to fit in there without me needing to take my vita out of it.

Edit- I guess I also need to know if there is a little room towards the back as well since the nerf case add another half inch to the Vita's depth.
Do a Google image search for the PNG case, you'll see lots of useful pics of the case with Vitas in it. I just checked and I think that will answer your question.

has anybody seen any deals on DJ Max. Some reason I just can't make myself spend $40 on it
Well if your looking for a physical copy then pick one up when you find it. This game is SOLD OUT/OOP now off their website. This game was never sold in stores in the states but sold on some websites. Amazon had it listed but you had the seller was just the Technika Tune website. I got lucky and picked up a LE and it's one of the best LE I own next to Ni no Kuni. This game is worth every penny.

It'll fit without the inner case I'm sure, but then it'll kinda be bumping around in there. I think I want something a little more compact. I did see one at Gamestop for $30 but it was taped up so I couldn't tell if it would fit with the grips. I might ask them if I can see it so I can determine for myself.

I bought the Pull N' Go case at Gamestop with a $5 off PUR coupon.  It's a really nice case, it's less bulky than I thought it would be.  If you position the inner case as close to the zipper edge as you can without losing the velcro connection, then the Vita with the Trigger attachment fits perfectly right next to it and the case closes easily.  I think that's gonna be my plan, because if you take the inner case out it creates 2 issues.  First, the Vita will slide back and forth in the case, which I'm not a huge fan of, and second, it leaves a big rough velcro patch inside that you'd have to cover somehow.

This way if I need to I can store my charger and/or if I get a car charger in the inner case.

In any event, for those wondering if it's a good solution for the Vita with the trigger attachment on, I think it is.

bread's done
Back