PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
291 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
When oh when will I find a cheap copy of Dragon's Crown? Feels like it has been hovering around full price since it released. I'm waiting on a nice $10-$20 price point. I don't think I've seen it drop below $25.

When oh when will I find a cheap copy of Dragon's Crown? Feels like it has been hovering around full price since it released. I'm waiting on a nice $10-$20 price point. I don't think I've seen it drop below $25.
I would also like a copy of that and Ys. Oh wait, my backlog just told me to wait until they are at least $20 each :)

Watching this thread and waiting for a deal on Dragon's Crown or Muramasa Rebirth. I had that in my browser at $20 for so long, but talked myself out of it.  Now I wish I had taken a shot at it.  

Watching this thread and waiting for a deal on Dragon's Crown or Muramasa Rebirth. I had that in my browser at $20 for so long, but talked myself out of it. Now I wish I had taken a shot at it.
I bought Muramasa for $20 over the Black Friday weekend and put about 3 hours into it last night. It's a lot of fun except for the backtracking. I'm hoping to blast through it this week and resell on Amazon, should be able to get at least close to $20 for it.

I bought 

1 of: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale [Video Game] 
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$9.99

1 of: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - PlayStation Vita [Video Game] 
$9.99

1 of: Unit 13 - PlayStation Vita [Video Game] 
$9.99

1 of: Resistance: Burning Skies - PlayStation Vita [Video Game] 
$9.99

Last week. Also saw ModNation Racers, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet at $9.99

I bought

$9.99

$9.99

$9.99

$9.99

Just because they're cheap does NOT mean you need to buy. The only actually good game in that lot is Sly Cooper. All-Stars is "OK" and Unit 13 was OK when it came out (so not worth playing these days, though). And Resistance is utter crap.

Yep.

http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

Thanks...should I return sonic? I thought u read somewhere the games actually load better/faster from cartridge than from memory.

Borderlands 2 comes to PS3 tomorrow btw. Also Spelunky on sale for PS+ members at 3.75 tomorrow, that's a must-grab if you don't have it.
Thanks...should I return Sonic? I read somewhere the games load faster from cartridge than from memory.

Heads up: It's free on PS+ later this month.

Awesome! Glad I passed on it when Amazon kept trying to cram it down my throat BF weekend. :)

Just because they're cheap does NOT mean you need to buy. The only actually good game in that lot is Sly Cooper. All-Stars is "OK" and Unit 13 was OK when it came out (so not worth playing these days, though). And Resistance is utter crap.
So Resistance sucks? I just renewed my power up rewards and was going to include that in my B2G1 free coupon...funny enough along with Unit 13 and something else.

Thanks...should I return Sonic? I read somewhere the games load faster from cartridge than from memory.
I would, especially if you have 2 years of PS+. Not like it's going anywhere.

As for the game itself...I haven't played it on Vita, but on PC it's amazing and a portable version will be really nice. From all reports I've seen it's a good port as well.

I bought

$9.99

$9.99

$9.99

$9.99

Those games are just OK.
Also, the Battle Royale game PS3 version was 9.99 on BF weekend and it comes w. the digital copy for the vita for free.

Good games: ACIII, Uncharted, hotline miami, NFSMW, Gravity Rush (a mustttt have), MK, MLB the show, FIFA, and many others.

Yep.

http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

Borderlands 2 comes to PS3 tomorrow btw. Also Spelunky on sale for PS+ members at 3.75 tomorrow, that's a must-grab if you don't have it.
I think I might pick up Spelunky for my Vita. Looks like a game that would work very well with a Vita and maybe something my wife would enjoy playing. Reminds me a bit (the little I have read anyway) of 1980s video games.

I have the $10 they gave with the PS4 so it is like a free game.

So Resistance sucks? I just renewed my power up rewards and was going to include that in my B2G1 free coupon...funny enough along with Unit 13 and something else.
Both game have a demo on PSN, i tried both, Resistance look like a Ok shooter, nothing out of this world, Unit 13 on the other hand look nice but don't manage to hold my interest.

Great thread & thank you OP.

I'm new to the Vita so bear with me.  Has anyone ever seen Disgaea 3 for less than $34.99?

I bought

$9.99

$9.99

$9.99

$9.99

Ugh. I would love it if these prices were still valid. How is Unit 13?

considering picking up gravity rush, how good is it?  I can't trust critic sites because they're always biased.  I tend to generally agree with overall CAG opinion on games so what are people's thoughts?  I only have tearaway right now and kz for my vita as far as physical copies go.  I bought PSBAS and Sly for ps3 so I have digital copies of those.  Waiting for my $30 PS+ cards to come in before I can get Uncharted.

Can I wait on this or is $19.99 a good price to bite on this title?  I have GCU too so I can get it for a little less than $18 after tax

considering picking up gravity rush, how good is it? I can't trust critic sites because they're always biased. I tend to generally agree with overall CAG opinion on games so what are people's thoughts? I only have tearaway right now and kz for my vita as far as physical copies go. I bought PSBAS and Sly for ps3 so I have digital copies of those. Waiting for my $30 PS+ cards to come in before I can get Uncharted.

Can I wait on this or is $19.99 a good price to bite on this title? I have GCU too so I can get it for a little less than $18 after tax
Gravity Rush is free on PS+

I enjoyed the single player for the 12 dollars I spent. The story is basically find and save your family, and I actually REALLY wanted to find/save them. haven't played the multi because of the online pass.

for the life of me I can't understand why it was so badly received. I think it was a case of "it's not the vita's killer game, so thus it sucks." that tends to happen on the system.

I'm sure it's been less, but can't find it lower now. It was also free on PS+ earlier this year.
Thanks! Guess I'm late to the party as usual. I'll hold out a bit longer then. Just picked up Persona 4 Golden & Rayman Origins; that should last me a while.

I enjoyed the single player for the 12 dollars I spent. The story is basically find and save your family, and I actually REALLY wanted to find/save them. haven't played the multi because of the online pass.

for the life of me I can't understand why it was so badly received. I think it was a case of "it's not the vita's killer game, so thus it sucks." that tends to happen on the system.
I played the multiplayer and it is ok at best. For some this may not be a big deal, but for me, the sound effects in the multi-player mode is horrible. It sounds like an atari game.

Heads up, don't bother ordering Hot shots golf from Att. The system will let you place the order even though it's not in stock. The real kicker is that they have no idea when they will get more stock and will not let you cancel.

Heads up, don't bother ordering Hot shots golf from Att. The system will let you place the order even though it's not in stock. The real kicker is that they have no idea when they will get more stock and will not let you cancel.
Good to know. I will take it off the OP

I was going to pull the trigger on Hot Shots Golf but then the IGN review turned me off. It did bring back the memories of the frustrations from the PSP version from years ago. Pass for me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/02/16/hot-shots-golf-world-invitational-review
I do read IGN for reviews sometimes, but I also go by the overall metacritic score for games.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/hot-shots-golf-world-invitational/critic-reviews

Sometimes I ignore metacritic scores altogether. Batman blakgate on the vita is more fun than the critics say it is. I'm happy I ignored critic reviews for that one.

Ugh. I would love it if these prices were still valid. How is Unit 13?
Unit 13 is pretty awesome. It's a very well made 3rd person cover shooter with only a few things that take away from being a great game. First there's no online adversarial gameplay which isn't a deal breaker but stumps most people because it would easily be the Vita's Rainbow Six Vegas style game. Other than that instead of story mode there are a set of 45 missions you can choose from that become unlocked as you complete other missions. It takes some skill to get 5 stars in these missions so if you like a challenge it'll be a nice buy. Co-op multiplayer is those same missions just with another person. Overall it's well worth the money for a great cover shooter.

considering picking up gravity rush, how good is it? I can't trust critic sites because they're always biased. I tend to generally agree with overall CAG opinion on games so what are people's thoughts? I only have tearaway right now and kz for my vita as far as physical copies go. I bought PSBAS and Sly for ps3 so I have digital copies of those. Waiting for my $30 PS+ cards to come in before I can get Uncharted.

Can I wait on this or is $19.99 a good price to bite on this title? I have GCU too so I can get it for a little less than $18 after tax
Gravity Rush is a 10/10....for gameplay. I never found myself bored in the game because the mechanics are simply fun to use. There's secret bosses to seek out, tons of gems (think Crackdown) and lots of unique challenges and interesting side bits along the way. Story wisehowever for me the game gets a 7/10.

3/4's through the game you're generally interested in finding out whats going to happen, who certain characters are and what exactly is up with the world in general. At the end of the game the devs just through out a climax and said "here ya go!" though. Leaving many things to be unanswered or just kinda ignored. Fun is fun though, I loved the game. Still waiting on the DLC to go on sale.

I tend to agree with most of IGN's reviews. I don't know why they get all the hate they do. I've always figured it was subjective fans of certain games that couldn't see the real criticisms.

I could probably count less than a handful of times that IGN's reviewer totally missed the mark on a game that I loved and they scored to stay away from. Remember, just because a game is a 6 or 7 doesn't mean that it is trash not worth playing. People forget that about IGN's scale.

Gravity Rush is free on PS+
GR is free with PS+...
Thanks guys I had no idea!

Unit 13 is pretty awesome. It's a very well made 3rd person cover shooter with only a few things that take away from being a great game. First there's no online adversarial gameplay which isn't a deal breaker but stumps most people because it would easily be the Vita's Rainbow Six Vegas style game. Other than that instead of story mode there are a set of 45 missions you can choose from that become unlocked as you complete other missions. It takes some skill to get 5 stars in these missions so if you like a challenge it'll be a nice buy. Co-op multiplayer is those same missions just with another person. Overall it's well worth the money for a great cover shooter.

Gravity Rush is a 10/10....for gameplay. I never found myself bored in the game because the mechanics are simply fun to use. There's secret bosses to seek out, tons of gems (think Crackdown) and lots of unique challenges and interesting side bits along the way. Story wisehowever for me the game gets a 7/10.

3/4's through the game you're generally interested in finding out whats going to happen, who certain characters are and what exactly is up with the world in general. At the end of the game the devs just through out a climax and said "here ya go!" though. Leaving many things to be unanswered or just kinda ignored. Fun is fun though, I loved the game. Still waiting on the DLC to go on sale.
Thanks for the input, is there replayability to it? I tend to like physical copies of games just in case if I ever wanna go back and revisit so that I don't have to keep it on my mem card and use it for other things.

When I first bought it for $20 several months ago, I thought it was a waste. I thought the graphics and sound were bad as were the controls. I just fired it up last week planning to burn through it. Now I'm finding it to look quite good and play real well. Maybe Golden Abyss spoiled me beforehand, or maybe it was the fact that that this time around I turned up the difficulty to hard and left the control options alone, making the game feel a lot more gratifying and smoother playing than I remembered. I can easily recommend picking up the game for $10. The game does have some dumb AI, but everything else is pretty good.

Unit 13, is worth $10 easily if you're looking for something to playing in small chunks. I haven't progressed too much into the game but it has a lot going for it if somebody is looking for a challenging arcade shooter. It plays smoothly and looks pretty good.

Thanks guys I had no idea!

Thanks for the input, is there replayability to it? I tend to like physical copies of games just in case if I ever wanna go back and revisit so that I don't have to keep it on my mem card and use it for other things.

Sadly for most people it doesn't. Ive been craving some Grav Rush action for awhile now but aside from the DLC there's no real reason to go back. Basically if you platinum the game (which is all fun stuff and gives you more ability upgrades anyway) you won't have any reason to return later. Even going as far as the DLC i've heard it's more random quests to do (nothing story or major in anyway) and about 3 hours of gameplay for each.

So I am still looking for that one game with lots of replay value to leave in my Vita's card slot.  I was going to buy Sonic Transformed but since I have 2+ years left on my PSN+ subscription that game is now off my purchase list.  Any recommendations (even if the game hasn't made it to the cheap list yet)?  I have been on plus since they added free Vita games so I have all of those possibilities.  I bought my Vita a year ago and that empty card slot bugs me.

Just for reference these are the games available through PSN+ that Frisky has listed in the PSN thread.  (I know all aren't available in card format and some are PSP games):

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - PSP/Vita - 11/20/12
Gravity Rush - Vita - 11/20/12
Jet Set Radio - Vita - 11/20/12
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita - 11/20/12
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita - 11/20/12
Wipeout 2048 - Vita - 11/20/12
Chronovolt - Vita - 12/31/12
Retro City Rampage - PSN/Vita - 12/24/12
Foosball 2012 - PSN/Vita - 1/22/13
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - Vita - 1/29/13
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - PSP/Vita - 2/19/13
Plants vs. Zombies - Vita - 2/26/13
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - Vita - 3/26/13
Tekken 6 - PSP/Vita - 3/19/13
SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny - PSP/Vita - 4/23/13
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge - PSN/Vita - 4/30/13
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - Vita - 5/28/13
Germinator - Vita - 5/21/13
Knytt Underground - PSN/Vita - 5/14/13
Pinball Arcade - PSN/Vita - 5/21/13
Gods Eater Burst - PSP/Vita - 6/18/13
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Vita - 6/25/13
Dokuro - Vita - 7/30/13
Metal Slug XX - PSP/Vita - 7/23/13
Machinarium - Vita - 8/27/13
Zen Pinball 2 - Star Wars Pinball - PSN/Vita - 8/20/13
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - PSP/Vita - 9/17/13
Rayman Origins - Vita - 9/24/13
Hotline Miami - PSN/Vita - 10/22/13
Sine Mora - Vita - 10/29/13
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - Vita - 11/19/13
Soul Sacrifice - Vita - 11/26/13
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Vita - 12/?/2013
Urban Trial Freestyle - Vita - 12/?/2013

Personally I think DJ Max Technika Tune is a good replayable game that I like to leave in the card slot (when I'm not playing retail versions of other games like Tearaway).  it has a lot of replayability and pick up and play appeal.

So I am still looking for that one game with lots of replay value to leave in my Vita's card slot. I was going to buy Sonic Transformed but since I have 2+ years left on my PSN+ subscription that game is now off my purchase list. Any recommendations (even if the game hasn't made it to the cheap list yet)? I have been on plus since they added free Vita games so I have all of those possibilities. I bought my Vita a year ago and that empty card slot bugs me.

Just for reference these are the games available through PSN+ that Frisky has listed in the PSN thread. (I know all aren't available in card format and some are PSP games):

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - PSP/Vita - 11/20/12
Gravity Rush - Vita - 11/20/12
Jet Set Radio - Vita - 11/20/12
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita - 11/20/12
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita - 11/20/12
Wipeout 2048 - Vita - 11/20/12
Chronovolt - Vita - 12/31/12
Retro City Rampage - PSN/Vita - 12/24/12
Foosball 2012 - PSN/Vita - 1/22/13
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - Vita - 1/29/13
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - PSP/Vita - 2/19/13
Plants vs. Zombies - Vita - 2/26/13
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - Vita - 3/26/13
Tekken 6 - PSP/Vita - 3/19/13
SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny - PSP/Vita - 4/23/13
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge - PSN/Vita - 4/30/13
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - Vita - 5/28/13
Germinator - Vita - 5/21/13
Knytt Underground - PSN/Vita - 5/14/13
Pinball Arcade - PSN/Vita - 5/21/13
Gods Eater Burst - PSP/Vita - 6/18/13
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Vita - 6/25/13
Dokuro - Vita - 7/30/13
Metal Slug XX - PSP/Vita - 7/23/13
Machinarium - Vita - 8/27/13
Zen Pinball 2 - Star Wars Pinball - PSN/Vita - 8/20/13
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - PSP/Vita - 9/17/13
Rayman Origins - Vita - 9/24/13
Hotline Miami - PSN/Vita - 10/22/13
Sine Mora - Vita - 10/29/13
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - Vita - 11/19/13
Soul Sacrifice - Vita - 11/26/13
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Vita - 12/?/2013
Urban Trial Freestyle - Vita - 12/?/2013
For games to keep on your card PSN wise Sonic, Soul Sacrifice.

Retail to actually fill that there card slot I was going to use DJ Max (as quoted below) but ended up snagging it on PSN due to release date problems. The game comes in at around 3gb so it'll definitely save memory card space if you were to get retail. Unfortunately the studio was picked apart so there will be no DLC for the game (though it was pretty much promised to happen) and once you get end game there are only a few songs that will push the limits of what you can do and everything else will seem really slow. Thats how it works for me with most DJ Max games as well, so could be just me but I like to be pushed on rhythm games.

Soul Sacrifice I used for a good bit. Easily has over 100+ hours of gameplay and the story though told mostly through a book is rather great most people would say. Since that's now PSN it's not an option for you either.

Leaving me to say either KIllzone, having a great single player and extremely fun multiplayer with upcoming free dlc maps and more updates from the devs, any fighting game of your choice, when you always have friends to one up (especially with spectator lobbies) these games can last a long time, Unit 13 which will keep you busy going for perfect scores in all the challenges and co-op to take down baddies tactically, Hot Shots if you like golf, it's good but rather frustrating when you have a bad hole or LBP Vita, with nearly unlimited content driven by the community it should last you quite a bit. Though LBP online is laggy for whatever reason....

Personally I think DJ Max Technika Tune is a good replayable game that I like to leave in the card slot (when I'm not playing retail versions of other games like Tearaway). it has a lot of replayability and pick up and play appeal.
Sadly I started to get bored around level 60 because of the above reasons.

I wish they would bring out the Shank games to the Vita. Those would be perfect for a handheld. Should make a new one for Vita, as well.

Oh that explains why I have a physical and digital copy of BlazBlue. I bought the card a while ago and linked the download version to my account since it was free. Didn't think I was dumb enough to buy it twice.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

DJ Max looks fun but is quite expensive through Amazon right now.  I might shop around for that one though.  I'm pretty sure I bought a digital version of HS Golf but haven't played it yet.  I keep not buying Persona 4 so maybe I should finally pull the trigger since it is discounted right now.  Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

DJ Max looks fun but is quite expensive through Amazon right now. I might shop around for that one though. I'm pretty sure I bought a digital version of HS Golf but haven't played it yet. I keep not buying Persona 4 so maybe I should finally pull the trigger since it is discounted right now. Decisions, decisions.

I want to get the game as well but I highly assume it'll be PS+ eventually being a high profile game so I can't bring myself to buy it.

bread's done
Back