* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#7741 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

Oh gosh, now you guys have me worried about my 64GB card. It hasn't had any problems whatsoever in the nearly-two years since I bought it (Feb. 2014), but still. :???:

THats whats kept me from getting a 64gb card. All the sellers of it on AMazon are random 3rd party sellers which i dont trust for that kind of thing. Cheap defective chinese knock off PSP cards were rampant there back in the day. How do i know it wont be some fake chinese 3rd party bs if i get it there? If im snagging one i want it through an official retailer

Well, what a way to find out that PUR reward points f*cking  expire... 27.000 down the drain...

Do PUR Points expire?

The points themself?  Nope!

Another question...I didn't realize until today, but I need to find a Vita for a Christmas present.  I think I'd prefer the Borderlands bundle new, with the game and memory card.  Anyone have any deals on those that I'm missing?  Thanks!

Wait what the hell? Do they expire or not? Because i have a shit ton of them that i never use. I thought  they never expired? If not whats slep talking about?

#7742 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:02 AM

THats whats kept me from getting a 64gb card. All the sellers of it on AMazon are random 3rd party sellers which i dont trust for that kind of thing. Cheap defective chinese knock off PSP cards were rampant there back in the day. How do i know it wont be some fake chinese 3rd party bs if i get it there? If im snagging one i want it through an official retailer

Wait what the hell? Do they expire or not? Because i have a shit ton of them that i never use. I thought  they never expired? If not whats slep talking about?

PUR points never expire. You only lose them if your membership lapses.

#7743 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2057 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:28 AM

i believe PUR points expire if you don't make a purchase using your pur card for an entire year.
So as long as you buy anything & checkout using your pur card once each year you are good.

#7744 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8370 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

You dont lose them if it lapses either.

I let mine run out and renewed after not having it for 2 months and I still have 28k

#7745 WhirlwindMonk   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

WhirlwindMonk

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

PUR Points absolutely expire. I don't know what the conditions are, but this is what I found when I pulled up my account on Monday:

odpDLB1.png

#7746 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

Do my points ever expire?

Yes, they can. If there is no account activity posted to your account for one year (12 consecutive months), the account is subject to closure and termination, includin forfeiture of all accrued points. "Activity" is defined as making a purchase or a trade at GameStop or GameStop.com or making a purchase of Kongregate Kreds on Kongregate.com.

#7747 skiy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:56 PM

Stranger of Sword City LE up for pre-order, release 3/22/16 .  $59.99

http://store.nisamer...r-of-sword-city

#7748 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

Heads up on the day 2 calendar wallpaper on NISA... HERE.  I just wish these had a black background...I'd consider using them if they did.  Maybe I'll give them to my son to run through photoshop once they are all out.

Also Deamon Gaze LE is live (Cancel That, I refreshed and it's sold out) & Criminal Girls LE is live again.

Keep in mind Criminal Girls LE sold out and then showed up several times so if you miss one of these deals just keep checking the store page and refresh it regularly.  Seems like it was around noon CST yesterday that they went back in stock temporarily with the Disgaea 4 LE so all hope isn't lost.

NISA Store Questions:

IS the NISA store the only way to get a physical copy of Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (and it's only available as an LE)?

Also, if an order is over $75 but one or more of the items are pre-orders will the free shipping still apply?

Stranger of Sword City LE up for pre-order, release 3/22/16 .  $59.99

http://store.nisamer...r-of-sword-city

Looks like an Etrian style (I know they didn't originate the style) first person dungeon crawler with perma-death.  I noticed a week or two back that GameStop had the stand alone game up for pre-order, but they currently don't have the LE.

#7749 cg8889   Gamer Dad CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

I'm wanting to try out a dungeon crawler. Is Demon Gaze a good one on the Vita for a first time player of this type of RPG? If not, what's the best option on the Vita for dungeon crawler?

#7750 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

I'm wanting to try out a dungeon crawler. Is Demon Gaze a good one on the Vita for a first time player of this type of RPG? If not, what's the best option on the Vita for dungeon crawler?

According to what I read, it's not only a good dungeon crawler but is VERY friendly for noobs to the genre as it steps you through everything and doesn't get too overly complex.  So a very good choice for a first time player.  It's probably where I'm going to start with the genre on the Vita before getting Dungeon Travelers 2 even though I've played more complex games.

Also note Demon Gaze is $20 used or new at gamestop.  It's $30 on Amazon for the standard version.  $40 standard/ $50 LE on NISA.

I got my copy at Gamestop for just under $20 after tax and all since it was used and most stores in my area had at least one copy.

#7751 WhirlwindMonk   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

WhirlwindMonk

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:09 PM

av6IO93.jpg

I've seen this chart tossed around a good bit on the web. I'm relatively new to the genre as well, and Demon Gaze was recommended to me for my first. It's definitely enjoyable, and not super difficult or complicated. It definitely feels like a good way to get into the genre.

#7752 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6523 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

Unchained Blades is another fun dungeon crawler available on PSN. It's a PSP title, but fully compatible with the Vita.

#7753 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

I would recommended Dungeon Travellers 2 over Demon Gaze. If you can get past the moe capture screens, I think its a better game. I liked Demon Gaze for about 20 hours, but then the story got tedious and you start to realize that certain classes just don't work well. Dungeon Travellers has a good demo so I would recommend starting there.

I haven't tried any others on that list.

#7754 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2062 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

I could never get into Unchained Blades I did like Elminage Original even though it has one of the worst translations I've ever seen

#7755 elessar123  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

Unchained Blades was awesome. I wish it had a physical release.

It's probably the best PSP DRPG.

#7756 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11098 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

I let my PUR Pro expire but I still have my points. I guess it's because I buy stuff from Gamestop from time to time

#7757 infasis  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:26 PM

It's actually a great choice for beginners of the genre.

#7758 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

This may be a dumb question, but I'm setting up my new Vita TV. I want to link my PSN account, but it says I need to do a system update first. Is there no way to just link my account without updating?

May have found the solution:

http://hackinformer....lower-firmware/

#7759 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Saw Dariusburst is available via Psn for Ps Vita & Ps4.. But the physical Ps Vita version on Play-Asia says in stock Jan.14 2016.. Did the physical version get delayed.? Did it sell out and that is when Play-Asia will get anothrr shipment..? Or was Jan.14 2016 the original release date for the physical ps vita all along. Any help appreciated...

#7760 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8745 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

I would recommended Dungeon Travellers 2 over Demon Gaze. If you can get past the moe capture screens, I think its a better game. I liked Demon Gaze for about 20 hours, but then the story got tedious and you start to realize that certain classes just don't work well. Dungeon Travellers has a good demo so I would recommend starting there.

I haven't tried any others on that list.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is slightly more mundane in dungeon/monster presentation but is good. Lots of customization with a decently difficult game. I've lost a few times and needed to grind a few times. You can also class/level change at certain times and not lose levels so you can see which classes you want to go. I recommend doing this when you get the class changes to see what fits your playstyle (this doesn't account for the end game which I've heard can be brutal).

#7761 Sleipnir   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:20 PM

What everyone said about PUR points expiring after a year of not posting any activity is what actually happened to me :P

With GCU I haven't really found any reasons to buy games at GS

#7762 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

Saw Dariusburst is available via Psn for Ps Vita & Ps4.. But the physical Ps Vita version on Play-Asia says in stock Jan.14 2016.. Did the physical version get delayed.? Did it sell out and that is when Play-Asia will get anothrr shipment..? Or was Jan.14 2016 the original release date for the physical ps vita all along. Any help appreciated...

Physical version is Vita only and releases 1/14/16 in Japan only. Although I'm interested in the game, no way am I paying $40 for a digital only release in NA. Will wait for it to go cheap.

#7763 Carlanga   Fishing for deals CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:07 PM

This may be a dumb question, but I'm setting up my new Vita TV. I want to link my PSN account, but it says I need to do a system update first. Is there no way to just link my account without updating?

For the card size, I'd say it depends on how many Japanese games you envision yourself buying. Although if you're buying one right off the bat, you'll probably be open to getting more in the future.
For finding a good price, it's the same as with any product; just shop around.

Yes, you need a PS3 plus a vita game downloaded from your psn account and your computer. For your computer you need vitaupdateblocker to run as the middle man between the PS3 and the pstv. That's how I activated mine a few weeks ago.

#7764 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:12 PM

What everyone said about PUR points expiring after a year of not posting any activity is what actually happened to me :P

With GCU I haven't really found any reasons to buy games at GS

PUR - 1, GCU - 1. Your move GCU.

#7765 Miker525  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

PUR - 1, GCU - 1. Your move GCU.

Gamestop got rid of all of my years worth of points too cus I stopped buying there. GCU gives me gift certs all the time. Give GCU another point. GCU loves me, just like I love it.

#7766 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:33 PM

It's actually a great choice for beginners of the genre.

I've only played a few (Elminage Original/Remix and Etrian Odyssey 4) and I thought it was too easy and stopped playing. I would recommend either EO before DG. There is almost no strategy involved. I played at least 20 hours I think.

#7767 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

I've only played a few (Elminage Original/Remix and Etrian Odyssey 4) and I thought it was too easy and stopped playing. I would recommend either EO before DG. There is almost no strategy involved. I played at least 20 hours I think.

I think you're doing it wrong if you find no strategy in EO.

#7768 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:31 PM

All this talk of GS vs BB... no one store works out as the best deal for me.  There are no BB's nearby so returns are costly and just signing up for GCU would cost extra to drive the 90 miles round trip to make it happen.   Amazon often has great deals.  GS does too.  BB even occasionally has something as does Walmart and Target.  The main thing for me is paying the least possible for whatever game I'm hunting.  I don't care what store has it.  GS just happens to work out well for me finding games used and cashing those points back in to get other games mega cheap or free.

#7769 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:43 PM

Physical copy of Teslagrad for PsVita was released in Europe and appears to be gone..Saw it listed at gamescentre.co.uk as out of stock.. Anybody know other sites to buy this physical copy anywhere..?

#7770 TheSupremeForce   Knight of the Word CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

TheSupremeForce

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

I think you're doing it wrong if you find no strategy in EO.

I think he was recommending EO over DG due to not believing the latter offers much strategy. 

I'm playing Dungeon Travelers 2 at the moment. I don't have anything with which to compare it, but I'm enjoying it. I've definitely been party wiped by a few bosses already though.