* * * * - 34 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#16711 bigstew  

Posted Yesterday, 04:27 PM

That Gal Gun CE just doesn't look like it has a lot of stuff included with it for the price.  Also, while the box may be huge, I'm guessing it's light as the only reason it seems to be so big is the wall scroll.  It's also a prime candidate for being smushed in transit, especially overseas.  Will have to pass unless the price comes down a lot.

well that is true, havent checked if they went back in stock on rice but it was originally high because u were basically paying more for free shipping

#16712 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6037 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

One thing for sure, with any new Vita game releases from BB, you need to preorder ASAP. They are only carrying small quantities of the new games that come out, and usually once they sell out, they're gone from BB forever. A recent example is Odin Sphere, it almost immediately sold out and is gone now. I preordered Shiren already, and plan to pre-order Shantae once it goes active. GCU makes it a bit more tolerable to pay for new releases.

Agreed 100%. Best Buys in my area are desolate of Vita games, though the sections were never big to begin with. Their stock is dwindling and frankly the number of physical Vita games is dwindling as well overall. Anything you want, you should get early enough. 

#16713 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 05:12 PM

The vita has caught on. You could get away with letting prices drop two years ago but not anymore :(

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

well that and the majority of copies were shipping delayed or damaged after the accident with the watches possibly exploding/melting.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#16714 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Do Vita memory cards ever seem to go on sale significantly? Looking for a cheaper 64gb or would even settle for 32gb

very very rarely on rakuten sp?  and ebay.  32 good luck with that.  I haven't heard of one going on sale.  You might be able to find a deal on amazon warehouse or at walmarts since they are clearancing them out.

#16715 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 05:23 PM

That's crazy about ZTD. VLR is still available for cheap. I guess they wised up and shrank the production run.

nope there was the accident that ended up causing the shortage.

#16716 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:25 PM

nope there was the accident that ended up causing the shortage.

I thought it was just the watches.

#16717 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

I thought it was just the watches.

yes and as a result they had to ship replacement copies or copies without watches out to people.  We don't know the extent of what happened with the watches but judging by the damage on the copies people did get we can speculate whatever happened was pretty bad since copies arrived partially melted >.>  

They also said game/watch bundle. And their word is kinda grain of salt considering they said the games would be on time an we all know how that ended up >.>

#16718 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19435 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:43 PM

Best Buy never had the watch.

Gamestop ship them separately

Amazon has the watch and standard version as separate SKU.  The watch version sold out long time ago.

The problem with the watch didn't cause shortage

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#16719 StarwindTheBold   Viva la Vita! CAGiversary!   1856 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

StarwindTheBold

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Are y'all just snapping games up at MSRP, minus 20% from GCU/Prime? Or are you waiting for sales?

I want to wait for sales but with print runs seemingly getting smaller I haven't really seen recently release get cheaper enough to justify risking it for a sale then have to buy from a reseller later for a higher price. Having GCU & Prime helps a lot too.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps4: Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Transformers Devastation, Nitro Blasters
:wiiu: Shovel Knight, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Splatoon
:vita: Dungeon Travelers II (Still), Earth Defense Force 2, Superbeat Xonic
KHDownloads - Click here!

#16720 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted Yesterday, 07:25 PM

My strategy has become to basically pre-order everything from Best Buy when possible.  Then I can return it to the store if the price tanks somewhere else in the return window.  Print runs are getting small it seems.  However occasionally this backfires, see Trillion.

#16721 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6037 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 PM

My strategy has become to basically pre-order everything from Best Buy when possible.  Then I can return it to the store if the price tanks somewhere else in the return window.  Print runs are getting small it seems.  However occasionally this backfires, see Trillion.

That falls under my IFI games generally always fall in price. Quantity over quality easily for those games. MeiQ is tempting me, although the game looks generally OK overall. Plus I do like mechs....I don't know with September being so crowded.

#16722 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:33 PM

Trade two metal gears for 39
Walked out with Madden 13, Xblaze Lost memories, Assassin Chronicles, and Aegis of Earth which were all for the vita.

Used a B2g1

Total spent 69 and all complete

Employee tried to add protection warranty on all the games without telling me but I caught him.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#16723 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Yeah, all I ever want from these sets are the art book(as that's my kryptonite), so I just ordered the "launch edition" from VGP, as that has the DLC, and the art book(the only things of interest to me).

https://www.videogam...ng-p-23882.html

I don't think I've listened to one CD from any LE bundle I've ever bought, and I'm not much in to wall scrolls either, so that Rice set seemed like a waste cost wise.

I have also had issues with their packaging in the past, and I wasn't about to pay $100 for a damaged set. Free shipping was an option early on, and now with the $30 for that, even if a HUGE sale happens, I'll still probably be skipping this bundle.

The panties are expensive. Some people already got their ricedigital orders last week.

Spoiler

It'd be really nice if amazon included the preorder launch edition bonuses.

Wasn't the 32gb $40 at GS on BF last year?

Not last year. Last year only the 16gb went on sale for $20 at gamestop and amazon. The year before, the 32gb did go on sale for $40 though.

#16724 osso1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:49 PM

Did anyone get their $10.00 Credit from Best Buy

for Pre Ordering

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Thanks

#16725 YugiMoto  

YugiMoto

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

You aren't going to without contacting them.

#16726 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

I had to email Best Buy for mine, but the next day I received a reply and within 24 hours the points were available on my account. 

#16727 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9900 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:18 AM

I had to call Elite hotline too. Wasn't automatic.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#16728 TooCool4CoolUsername  

TooCool4CoolUsername

Posted Today, 01:10 AM

it's just eBay or importing.

And sadly on eBay you'll find nothing but near-MSRP prices.

#16729 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   8951 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:57 AM

Still no details on the Shiren LE as far as whether it's all housed in a CE box or all individual items, right?

My Best Buy order shipped Sunday and I'm still able to return it within the next month, so I guess I'll wait for an unboxing video, or pictures or something.