* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#181 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2097 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

has anybody seen any deals on DJ Max. Some reason I just can't make myself spend $40 on it

#182 jughead   Beersport Champion! CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

Also does anyone know if there's a case that holds the vita with the trigger grip attached? Thanks

I think I'm going to try this...

http://www.cheapassg...-matched-wfsss/

http://www.gamestop....OEapZMk0PBWRA4w

I read on another forum that this will work with trigger grips if you just set the PSP down in the folio.  You can't fit it in the actual mini case that is in the bundle.  It looks pretty high quality.

#183 severdheartdies   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

severdheartdies

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Praise the good lord! The blasted blue blinking PS button when playing at night is the WORST "feature" of the 1000.

This. My wife complains about it. She's convinced that our cats are going to start having seizures lol.

#184 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1819 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

has anybody seen any deals on DJ Max. Some reason I just can't make myself spend $40 on it

Where is it $40? Sony is $45...

#185 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

I read on another forum that this will work with trigger grips if you just set the PSP down in the folio.  You can't fit it in the actual mini case that is in the bundle.  It looks pretty high quality.

I'd be interested to see if it fits...it doesn't look like it will.  Plus that entire thing is super bulky. 

#186 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

A search of forum comments gave me this recommendation for a case that holds the Vita and Trigger Grip perfectly...I don't have time to search through them now but it looks like for under $10 dlvd I'll take a change and pick one out. 

http://www.ebay.ca/s...Id=400446609417

#187 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1497 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

It looks like the only real option to buy these is GS. The lowest price on Amazon is $100 and there are none on Ebay. It must be OOP

#188 Duo_Maxwell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5752 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Duo_Maxwell

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

I use a Vita Pull'N'Go. Great case & it's pretty roomy, though unfortunately I don't use trigger grips so I can't honestly testify to it's usefulness there. Still I'd be surprised if it didn't fit as long as you take out the small inner case.

#189 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1497 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

I use a Vita Pull'N'Go. Great case & it's pretty roomy, though unfortunately I don't use trigger grips so I can't honestly testify to it's usefulness there. Still I'd be surprised if it didn't fit as long as you take out the small inner case.

how roomy is the small inner case though? I want to know if there is about an half a inch on each side after you put the vita in. I would love for my nerf case to fit in there without me needing to take my vita out of it. 

Edit- I guess I also need to know if there is a little room towards the back as well since the nerf case add another half inch to the Vita's depth. 

#190 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

how roomy is the small inner case though? I want to know if there is about an half a inch on each side after you put the vita in. I would love for my nerf case to fit in there without me needing to take my vita out of it.

Edit- I guess I also need to know if there is a little room towards the back as well since the nerf case add another half inch to the Vita's depth.

Do a Google image search for the PNG case, you'll see lots of useful pics of the case with Vitas in it. I just checked and I think that will answer your question.

#191 jughead   Beersport Champion! CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

It looks like the only real option to buy these is GS. The lowest price on Amazon is $100 and there are none on Ebay. It must be OOP

There is one at my local GS. I'm going to go check it out.

#192 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2097 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Where is it $40? Sony is $45...

Oh dang it was $39 for it on Play Asia but looks like they sold out. Probably should have jumped on that price 

edit: Apparently the U.S. version is sold out but the Japanese version is still there for $39

http://www.play-asia...en-70-6uv9.html

Anybody know how long Play Asia free shipping takes?

#193 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

I have an extra almost-new PNG portfolio, willing to sell/trade. PM if interested. Sorry for off-topic.

#194 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5791 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well if your looking for a physical copy then pick one up when you find it. This game is SOLD OUT/OOP now off their website. This game was never sold in stores in the states but sold on some websites. Amazon had it listed but you had the seller was just the Technika Tune website.  I got lucky and picked up a LE and it's one of the best LE I own next to Ni no Kuni. This game is worth every penny.

#195 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

It'll fit without the inner case I'm sure, but then it'll kinda be bumping around in there.  I think I want something a little more compact.  I did see one at Gamestop for $30 but it was taped up so I couldn't tell if it would fit with the grips.  I might ask them if I can see it so I can determine for myself.

#196 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1819 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Oh dang it was $39 for it on Play Asia but looks like they sold out. Probably should have jumped on that price 

edit: Apparently the U.S. version is sold out but the Japanese version is still there for $39
http://www.play-asia...en-70-6uv9.html

Anybody know how long Play Asia free shipping takes?

I think I'm just going to grab the download... :D

#197 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

I bought the Pull N' Go case at Gamestop with a $5 off PUR coupon.  It's a really nice case, it's less bulky than I thought it would be.  If you position the inner case as close to the zipper edge as you can without losing the velcro connection, then the Vita with the Trigger attachment fits perfectly right next to it and the case closes easily.  I think that's gonna be my plan, because if you take the inner case out it creates 2 issues.  First, the Vita will slide back and forth in the case, which I'm not a huge fan of, and second, it leaves a big rough velcro patch inside that you'd have to cover somehow.

This way if I need to I can store my charger and/or if I get a car charger in the inner case.

In any event, for those wondering if it's a good solution for the Vita with the trigger attachment on, I think it is.

#198 letskissthesky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

letskissthesky

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have the pull and go folio and I think it's an awesome case.

#199 V878   Let's hug it out CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

Surprised it's taking a while for Amazon to get that P4G restock in. Not that I really mind at this point, as I got 3DS games to get through in the meantime.

#200 boraaa   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

recommend pull n go folio for vita, if only they had one for the 3dsxl :(

#201 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

Surprised it's taking a while for Amazon to get that P4G restock in. Not that I really mind at this point, as I got 3DS games to get through in the meantime.

Was wondering the same thing.

#202 pstriple   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

pstriple

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Was wondering the same thing.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I remember hearing that Atlus is pretty notorious for printing limited quantities of their games, or just enough needed to ship to stores. This presumably is done so they don't have excessive quantities of niche titles sitting in warehouses. Makes me wonder if Amazon getting new copies of P4G isn't as simple as some warehouse shipping them some more copies they got in storage. They might actually need to print off some new copies, hence the delay.

#203 SCOPEMAN87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

SCOPEMAN87

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Picked up Metal Gear Solid HD collection a local Bestbuy today for $14.99.  

#204 srac84  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Look for the nykon defender case its awesome

#205 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1497 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Nice pick up! I need to find this as well

#206 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Was someone looking for MLB The Show 2012 for Vita?  Saw a few copies of that today at a nearby BB, can get one and ship it at cost.  Didn't even have the price scanned so not sure how much it costs, but I think its cheap.

#207 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1497 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Was someone looking for MLB The Show 2012 for Vita?  Saw a few copies of that today at a nearby BB, can get one and ship it at cost.  Didn't even have the price scanned so not sure how much it costs, but I think its cheap.

It is going for $8 shipped at Amazon (look at OP). 

#208 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

It is going for $8 shipped at Amazon (look at OP). 

Wow that's dirt cheap, can't imagine its any cheaper at BB.  Never mind!

#209 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

Nice...is that ymmv or is that just their price?

#210 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

I don't know how accurate this is, but I remember hearing that Atlus is pretty notorious for printing limited quantities of their games, or just enough needed to ship to stores. This presumably is done so they don't have excessive quantities of niche titles sitting in warehouses. Makes me wonder if Amazon getting new copies of P4G isn't as simple as some warehouse shipping them some more copies they got in storage. They might actually need to print off some new copies, hence the delay.

There's a message now saying In Stock on December 18, so if it doesn't ship by then I'll be contacting customer service to see what's up.