PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#22621 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

The Walmart SKU is 39127355, if anyone wants to look for it

#22622 Tweeg  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

The only dedicated Vita magazine has come to a end. The Vita Lounge has officially discontinued publication of The Vita Mag and is also discontinuing publishing current Vita news on their site.

http://thevitalounge...he-vita-lounge/

Rather sad to see this happen, though must confess I never supported their magazine due to the horrific international postage costs. Well, I did just order one of every issue they have remaining, which was a meager seven issues. Even at the super deep discounted prices of those issues, the shipping dwarfed the cost of all seven issues! :cry:

#22623 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

And it's always nice to have a physical collectible case for a game, even if the cartridge has never existed.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=kBYbYG9WJ2s

#22624 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1828 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

Since we are on the topic, would like to the input of someone who has beat both Toukiden Kiwami and Toukiden 2.

No spoilers for Toukiden Kiwami below, but tagged just in case

Spoiler

i beat toukiden kiwami, solo all the way threw. than I beat the online missions & did grinding for weapons.
I've played Freedom wars & Ragnarock odyssey ace.
I liked toukiden, game was straight forward, story was a bit scarce but the kiwami part was way better. Good weapon selection, ok character creation, decent story npcs, npc AI was good.
Town was a bit stagnant. stages and enemies do repeat often but that's just a staple of these types of games just like the dynasty warriors genre. I used the ball & sickle mostly.
I would imagine toukiden 2 following the same formula, I'm waiting to see if a kiwami version appears for it thou.

#22625 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4736 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

The only dedicated Vita magazine has come to a end. The Vita Lounge has officially discontinued publication of The Vita Mag and is also discontinuing publishing current Vita news on their site.

http://thevitalounge...he-vita-lounge/

Rather sad to see this happen, though must confess I never supported their magazine due to the horrific international postage costs. Well, I did just order one of every issue they have remaining, which was a meager seven issues. Even at the super deep discounted prices of those issues, the shipping dwarfed the cost of all seven issues! :cry:

Did you ever look in to their Patreon subscription, or just the site where they sold back issues? Getting issues through Patreon, was probably under $10 shipped if I remember correctly, which wasn't bad.

I actually wanted to pledge for years, but I had missed out early on, so I was missing many issues. Then I would always miss their reprints and holidays sales, so I actually just noticed them ending a few weeks back, so I got in like you on what was left. I noticed the high shipping on their site, but I also remembered a post I had read a awhile ago, where it was suggested to a user to contact them directly for a combined shipping on multiple books, as their site doesn't seem to combine normally.

It ended up being for a non track-able shipping, but I didn't care about that, as the normal shipping was to high to go with, even at the discounted issue prices. Most things I get from overseas are shipped with no tracking, so it wasn't a big deal. And while the Vita Lounge has ended, they have started the SwitchPlayer, which is also on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/switchplayer

As of a few weeks ago, they offered back issues 1, 2 and 3 in a bundle package which I bought, and now I'm pledge, so I will get issue 4 and whatever comes after for $9 per issue shipped. So for now, I'm looking forward to the Vita Lounge issues I have coming, plus the Switch Player issues as well.

#22626 Milera  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

I've got MMA Supremacy and motoGP13 both for about $33 from local seller ( mom selling kid's ps vita system and games [ I bought only games ) Should I sell MMA supremacy( this is my 2nd copy ) now  or wait for the price to raise? 

Get Custom MousePad Under $1 - CAG

#22627 Wasserhammer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Wasserhammer

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

For the first time ever, I have a complete NA Vita collection in my possession. I got my copy of Risk of Rain after only a week compared with the normal 2 weeks.

#22628 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9491 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

For the first time ever, I have a complete NA Vita collection in my possession. I got my copy of Risk of Rain after only a week compared with the normal 2 weeks.

I wish I get all my LRG releases this fast

#22629 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5935 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:11 AM

mines not even shipped yet

#22630 Tweeg  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:34 AM

Congratulations! I'm close, but not there yet. Five games shy at moment, will be six games shy on Tuesday.

Having serious automotive issues at this time, so not sure when I'll pick up the missed releases.

#22631 Shimrra   Alone on Vita island CAGiversary!   2799 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

GS has Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls on clearance for $21.97

HIcGYrA.jpg?1

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

x5e4xj.jpgShimrra74.png

#22632 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10937 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

Damn, no copies near me.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#22633 elessar123  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

I swore that was $20 on sale at some point? I might be misremembering.

Spoiler

#22634 Alexpguy  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

GS has Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls on clearance for $21.97

HIcGYrA.jpg?1

Amazon has it matched, but if you order from them you'll probably have to unwrap it. Thank goodness GS is here to save us time by opening new games for us.

#22635 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4736 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

Thank goodness GS is here to save us time by opening new games for us.

"Power To The Players!"

#22636 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

Thank goodness GS is here to save us time by opening new games for us.

I think I just peed myself a little.

#22637 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8187 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Amazon has it matched, but if you order from them you'll probably have to unwrap it. Thank goodness GS is here to save us time by opening new games for us.

Curious. If there are so few available in general, meaning MAYBE one per store, do you want the store to put a sealed copy on the floor so it can be stolen or do you want to be able to buy it?

#22638 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2360 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

Curious. If there are so few available in general, meaning MAYBE one per store, do you want the store to put a sealed copy on the floor so it can be stolen or do you want to be able to buy it?

Actually, it would be far wiser for them to put a laminated print-out card on the shelf for display, as this would present no real risk of theft, and also wouldn't require the opening of a new copy. But that would make sense, and this is GameStop we're talking about, where sense and customer service always take a back-seat to profit.

It's pointless to attempt to defend GameStop's policies. There are plenty of ways that they could improve their stores and their approach to retail, but they are unwilling to pursue any of them because they would all cost extra money. Even simple solutions like the one I provided would cost more than zero dollars and require some degree of employee training, so they don't bother. GameStop is an extremely lazy, profit-focused company that has always coasted on exploiting another industry. And I'm still bitter about them buying up and destroying all of the second-hand game stores in my area that weren't crappy.

#22639 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8187 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:05 PM

Actually, it would be far wiser for them to put a laminated print-out card on the shelf for display, as this would present no real risk of theft, and also wouldn't require the opening of a new copy. But that would make sense, and this is GameStop we're talking about, where sense and customer service always take a back-seat to profit.

It's pointless to attempt to defend GameStop's policies. There are plenty of ways that they could improve their stores and their approach to retail, but they are unwilling to pursue any of them because they would all cost extra money. Even simple solutions like the one I provided would cost more than zero dollars and require some degree of employee training, so they don't bother. GameStop is an extremely lazy, profit-focused company that has always coasted on exploiting another industry. And I'm still bitter about them buying up and destroying all of the second-hand game stores in my area that weren't crappy.

I certainly agree with you! And for the record I'm not defending their policies (who in their right mind would?!?), I'm just offering a reason as to why they do it. I don't want to be vilified unnecessarily. :-D

#22640 Work'in de Signs  

Work'in de Signs

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

Gamestop had Odin Sphere for Vita NEW available for online purchase, managed to get 1. Hope it arrives still wrapped.

#22641 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:24 AM

Few places listed/posted about Badlandindie... The Velocity 2X Critical Mass Edition for PsVita is taking pre-orders.. And there is links for this game to be pre-ordered from like 15 different wbsites..
I live in the U.S. etc. Never ordered from any of these retailers..
Does any of these U.K. listed retailers 365games.. GAME.Com..
Oz Games Shop ship over to the U.S...?

#22642 Tweeg  

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:14 AM

hqdefault.jpg

Few places listed/posted about Badlandindie... The Velocity 2X Critical Mass Edition for PsVita is taking pre-orders.. And there is links for this game to be pre-ordered from like 15 different wbsites..

Amazon, yes, however this game is showing up on their website as "Unable to be shipped to the United States" which would imply that there is a license holder for physical release of this title somewhere in R1... LRG a good possibility.

http://badlandindie....l-mass-edition/

#22643 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4736 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:17 AM

I actually inquired about this not to long ago, as FuturLabs mentioned a US version when this was announced I believe, but there has been no mention since. So as far as was posted here, it's still coming, but I haven't seen any other confirmations. 

I was looking to import as well, but only if a US version is not happening, which there has been updates either way.

#22644 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9491 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

I need Gamestop to use GameTrust and publish more games like Song of the Deep and Duke Nukem Anniversary.

Velocity 2X is getting a US release as well. I think they just haven't confirmed the retailers who will sell it yet.

#22645 idogames  

idogames

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

Velocity is getting a US release as well. I think they just haven't confirmed the retailers who will sell it yet.

lol. At this point I'm eventually buying the physical release of every single "free with PS+"  game.

#22646 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1386 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

I'm hoping this is OK to ask here:

I'm getting a Vita Slim mainly for remote play, and I'm looking at the options for grips. My concern is that I have small hands, and some of the grips look bulky. The best looking one I've been able to find is the HORI L2 / R2 / L3 / R3 grip (Amazon). Is there anyone who has smaller hands that would be able to offer any input on the grip? Is it comfortable for 30mins + of play?

Thank you in advance :D

5wugTSx.png

#22647 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

I'm hoping this is OK to ask here:

I'm getting a Vita Slim mainly for remote play, and I'm looking at the options for grips. My concern is that I have small hands, and some of the grips look bulky. The best looking one I've been able to find is the HORI L2 / R2 / L3 / R3 grip (Amazon). Is there anyone who has smaller hands that would be able to offer any input on the grip? Is it comfortable for 30mins + of play?

Thank you in advance :D

That HORI is probably the best to go with. I use it myself, and at first it took some getting used to; but after I became accustomed to using it, it was great for Remote Play and it was pretty comfortable. I routinely can play for hours using it, so I don't think you would have a problem with long playing sessions.

Travis2310.png

#22648 Tweeg  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

Less than ten hours until buy time!

#22649 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:13 AM

Pass.

#22650 Tweeg  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

LRG Sale Round 1 Update:

Deemo: The Last Recital - Sold Out

Broken Age - 1% Remaining