* * * * - 41 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#23341 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

idk. probably 20. 

#23342 spoderman  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

I bought Odin Sphere when it finally got cheap enough to buy it (for a Vita game) and I finished it in June. Loved it. Can't wait for their next game to come out. 

I got mine when Jet.com had a first time buyer promo. Got Rune Factory 4 and Odin Sphere for $20 each. Ironically it was slidecage that gave me the idea of ordering those..

GUtUP1U.jpg

#23343 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:42 PM

I got mine when Jet.com had a first time buyer promo. Got Rune Factory 4 and Odin Sphere for $20 each. Ironically it was slidecage that gave me the idea of ordering those..

Slidecaage,, whaat an Great guyy

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#23344 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11167 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

How many of these have you gotten through?

We are not supposed to talk about that, learn the rules.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23345 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11167 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

Ah, Jet.com promo. I bought the DS4 for $30. Came in handy after my original black DS4 just one day started to refuse to be charged via any sort of charging method.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23346 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5733 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

Ah, Jet.com promo. I bought the DS4 for $30. Came in handy after my original black DS4 just one day started to refuse to be charged via any sort of charging method.

Did you reset the controller with a paper clip? There's a small hole at the bottom of the controller to reset it. I had the same issue and that fixed the problem.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#23347 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11167 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:36 AM

Did you reset the controller with a paper clip? There's a small hole at the bottom of the controller to reset it. I had the same issue and that fixed the problem.

Yep, tried that. This occurred for my white DS4, and the reset button worked, the black DS4 just would not cooperate.

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23348 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:45 AM

Anyone else notice that almost all of the Vita games on BestBuy.com have gone to either sold out or check store?

Would suck if this is not just a database connection issue as there are a few titles I was planning to order next month with the money I "save" from the Limited Run Games slowdown in September.

#23349 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8022 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

Anyone else notice that almost all of the Vita games on BestBuy.com have gone to either sold out or check store?

Would suck if this is not just a database connection issue as there are a few titles I was planning to order next month with the money I "save" from the Limited Run Games slowdown in September.

Best Buy doesn't have a Vita presence at all in stores. Also when you're searching for games, PS Vita doesn't come out as a main category until you go to the video games page. You need to order immediately there or likely not get it especially since so many Vita game are becoming nicher and nicher.

#23350 Monado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:52 AM

Velocity 2X preorders are open on Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy....yORka_a.mWx08AQ

#23351 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10593 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Best Buy doesn't have a Vita presence at all in stores. Also when you're searching for games, PS Vita doesn't come out as a main category until you go to the video games page. You need to order immediately there or likely not get it especially since so many Vita game are becoming nicher and nicher.

I see what you're saying but a couple of days ago nearly every Vita game was in stock for shipping at Best Buy.  Now nearly every non preorder is either sold out or "check stores."  And its not just the Vita games - a lot of older niche and lesser selling PS4 games suddenly went to OOS over the last couple days after being in stock forever.  It seems kind of odd how so many titles went OOS at once.  Its almost as if Best Buy just unloaded a bunch of their slow selling inventory to a liquidator.  Hope it is just a mistake with their site's inventory, but I'm starting to doubt that.

Edit:  Actually it looks like a lot of the OOS games came back in stock over the last few hours (including most of the Vita games) so perhaps, crisis averted.  Probably was just a mistake with their inventory.

#23352 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:15 AM

Muv Luv Alternative is finished. Here is the recent news from their Kickstarter.

They'll be focusing all their time on the Vita version now, which is good. Unlike a certain Publisher/Developer that keeps promising Vita and never doing it.

Hi everyone, 
It's finally here, the visual novel everyone has been waiting for! 
Muv-Luv Alternative will be up today on Steam, and coming soon this September, 2017!

However...

for every amazing backers who have been wondering “Alternative When?”, we're glad to announce that you can now play the game by grabbing your Steam codes from BackerKit! 

Switching Gears to PS Vita release
Now that the major goal of the Kickstarter has been completed, we can now resume PS Vita development of the trilogy. We apologize again for the severe delays, and like we said before, we'll fully commit to them and will get most of the items in our checklist done before the year ends.

And here’s a message from the team:
"To all the Kickstarter backers who signed on to this project, thank you so much for your support and patience while waiting for this localization.
It’s thanks to all of YOU that this project was made possible! It’s been a long journey, and we are pleased to finally be able to bring you the official English release of Muv-Luv Alternative! The team has worked really hard for over a year to ensure that we give you the most fantastic experience for this amazing story that we possibly can, and we really hope you enjoy it!
We hope that you all have fun with this backer-exclusive BETA release! Please give us your feedback, and if you find any issues or bugs, do let us know at our community forums."
Cheers,
The Muv-Luv Team

They'll be focusing all their time on the Vita version now, which is good. Unlike a certain Publisher/Developer that keeps promising Vita and never doing it.

#23353 Tweeg  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:23 AM

:shock:  Someone please tell me this is some sort of special edition that includes some sort of extras, because if not then this is the most expensive standard edition for the Vita to date for Region 1 release.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6018000

#23354 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:25 AM

:shock:  Someone please tell me this is some sort of special edition that includes some sort of extras, because if not then this is the most expensive standard edition for the Vita to date for Region 1 release.

prolly not. It's 39.99 on Amazon, not including the discount

#23355 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9686 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Thought I received one of my LRG games yesterday, turned out it was holy guacamole. LRG needs to take lessons from this company.

#23356 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6166 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Local discount store has a new PSTV for $30, is it still worth it? I don't know what FW it has, whatever shipped with it I guess.

Is a memory card needed or does it have 1GB free space like the Slim?

#23357 Tweeg  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

Local discount store has a new PSTV for $30, is it still worth it? I don't know what FW it has, whatever shipped with it I guess.

Is a memory card needed or does it have 1GB free space like the Slim?

$30 Is a reasonable price for the system. It has 1GB of built-in memory. If a factory sealed unit it will have a firmware from nearly two years ago on it.

#23358 thormx3467  

thormx3467

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

So are the Hyperdimension games really getting difficult to find for some people? Hyperdimension Neptunia U is averaging about $40-$55 for a used copy on Ebay between recently sold items and new listings. You can get it for $17.99 with PUR pro at GS right now, and there's two copies within 5 miles of me. Of course there's always the chance of cart only or generic case, but just call ahead and ask. Are people really that lazy to find a better deal or just clueless?

#23359 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

Whole world is going for complete Vita collections for some reason.  Must be because like Wii U and Sega CD, it's deceptively low physical release count is easy low hanging fruit for aspiring new collectors wanting to complete a set on something.

Resellers these days try to keep a step ahead and prop up prices proactively and early rather than passively respond.  Nothing new since 2005.

Hyperdimension games in general though are probably all speculative effect from the first game's CE getting stupid which put the Neptunia games on scalpers radars.

Soon as GameStop or Amazon don't have listings anymore for something with the name "Neptunia" everyone thinks they are potentially sitting on the next Rebirth 1 CE.

Guess I'll keep an eye out for a used copy so I don't have to molest my sealed CE.

#23360 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5270 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

I'm not to familiar with how BB does their advance listings, but that could just be a place holder price, as most new "console" releases are that price. And while most new handheld games start at $39.99, BB doesn't really get many new Vita titles anymore, so I would guess that will change if and when the listing goes live.

#23361 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

So are the Hyperdimension games really getting difficult to find for some people? Hyperdimension Neptunia U is averaging about $40-$55 for a used copy on Ebay between recently sold items and new listings. You can get it for $17.99 with PUR pro at GS right now, and there's two copies within 5 miles of me. Of course there's always the chance of cart only or generic case, but just call ahead and ask. Are people really that lazy to find a better deal or just clueless?

Vita games are getting harder and harder to find. Gamestops can be a hit or miss, but they are probably the best option to get dem Vita gamess.

#23362 Tweeg  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Whole world is going for complete Vita collections for some reason.  Must be because like Wii U and Sega CD, it's deceptively low physical release count is easy low hanging fruit for aspiring new collectors wanting to complete a set on something.

Resellers these days try to keep a step ahead and prop up prices proactively and early rather than passively respond.  Nothing new since 2005.

Hyperdimension games in general though are probably all speculative effect from the first game's CE getting stupid which put the Neptunia games on scalpers radars.

Soon as GameStop or Amazon don't have listings anymore for something with the name "Neptunia" everyone thinks they are potentially sitting on the next Rebirth 1 CE.

Guess I'll keep an eye out for a used copy so I don't have to molest my sealed CE.

Nah man, everyone's going for a complete set because I made the checklists. ;)  (<---- I'm joking obviously)

http://www.tweeg.pso...ive.com/collect

And yes, scalpers have heavily targeted the HDN franchise. Helps out that HDN is legitimately popular.

Vita games are getting harder and harder to find. Gamestops can be a hit or miss, but they are probably the best option to get dem Vita gamess.

Two weeks ago my local GameStop had been remodeled and they had completely removed Vita, Wii, and Wii U games. Two nights ago I hit up GameStop.com to hunt for a copy of Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir and to my surprise the local store was shown to have a used copy. As luck would have it I had a need to drive within a block of said store location yesterday and found that they had relocated all of the games selection for the three aforementioned systems to a different part of the store since my last visit. The store manager even commented they had finished moving that inventory back to the sales floor on Monday. Well, at present moment there are only seven R1 releases I need to have a full set at this exact moment in time.

#23363 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2017 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

Muv Luv Alternative is finished. Here is the recent news from their Kickstarter.

Finally.   Maybe we will get the games this year afterall.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#23364 thormx3467  

thormx3467

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

And yes, scalpers have heavily targeted the HDN franchise. Helps out that HDN is legitimately popular.

Two weeks ago my local GameStop had been remodeled and they had completely removed Vita, Wii, and Wii U games. Two nights ago I hit up GameStop.com to hunt for a copy of Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir and to my surprise the local store was shown to have a used copy.

I'm not sure if it was you who had posted about there being a restock of Odin Sphere, but I picked up a copy last night from my local GS for $19 with a coupon. Glad to finally have it, so thank you to whoever gave the heads up. I decided to check a few of the other vita Hyperdimension games on Ebay and it looks like all of them are creeping up. Even PP, the cheapest one at GS, is going for at least double what Gamestop charges. Definitely seems worthwhile to grab anything you're interested in now before GS raises their prices. They seem to keep an eye on in demand and harder to find games. I remember a bunch of older Wii games that could be had for $2.99-6.99 go for between $30-$50 at GS now. As we already can see with their price hike on Odin Sphere, I feel it's only a matter of time before a good amount of games get price increases as well.

#23365 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Finally.   Maybe we will get the games this year afterall.

possibly. I can imagine the Physical Editions coming in January or February if we're lucky and QA provides no problems

#23366 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

Definitely seems worthwhile to grab anything you're interested in now before GS raises their prices. They seem to keep an eye on on eBay.

Fixed.

#23367 Thiah  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Just sold my Breach & Clear copy.  I did it to discourage any completionist tendencies I get in my head because I won't go anywhere near those prices on eBay to get another one.

#23368 Tweeg  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

Just sold my Breach & Clear copy.  I did it to discourage any completionist tendencies I get in my head because I won't go anywhere near those prices on eBay to get another one.

Well now you can make that downpayment on a Mercedes-Benz and know that you helped out a fellow collector on their path to a complete R1 collection.  :-P

#23369 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2017 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

I gave up the idea of a complete set fairly early into building the bulk of my collection.  Still need to get around to selling some stuff including my copy of B&C.  I think that was a smart decision that'll hopefully keep you more honest with buying games you actually want.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#23370 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20517 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Same here.

As much as I enjoyed it for awhile, when I stopped enjoying to try to go for them all, that's when I decided it was no longer a hobby and more of a chore, so stopped trying to go for them all and just the ones I want.

ogRtFQml.jpg

Also these just arrived. <3

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler