* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#25141 --ae--  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

Because of my memory card problem, I have invested in a SD card adapter($5), and a new PSTV system ($30) in hopes that I can manage to play several of the handheld only Vita games that are currently not working because of this memory card failure. Please remember to turn off your PSTV when you are not using it for a few days/months, as the memory card in the PSTV can mistakenly be in frequent use, if you don't disable automatic updates.

I also have 2 unopened PSTVs that I bought on sale, just in case my current one bites the dust. I also make it a habit to shut down all of my systems and unplug them after playing them.

I bought the Vita so I can play the games I bought that won't load on the PSTV, so far it hasn't run into any problems. If the Vita starts having corruption problems I will definitely look into getting a SD card adapter.

#25142 elessar123  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

*snip*

Um, I'm not really sure what most of the point of that was. It sounded like internal dialog to me.

But the one thing useful I can say is, Amazon JP has tons of colors for about $175 shipped.

#25143 spoderman  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

Um, I'm not really sure what most of the point of that was. It sounded like internal dialog to me.

But the one thing useful I can say is, Amazon JP has tons of colors for about $175 shipped.

How'd you read through that huge wall of text?

#25144 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2379 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

having huge digital library is gonna make it so I can afford getting back in when I might not have been able to otherwise.

Despite my collection, I have no problem with buying games digital for the vita.  Between all the free stuff through PS+ over the years and what I've bought on the super cheap during sales, I really don't need most of my physical collection.   That said, it's nice having my absolute favorite games in physical form since some games I love most were Free on PS+ and they will expire when I finally run out of PS+ in a few years.  There's no telling when my PS+ expires if the games will still be available for purchase, so I'd rather have a phsyical copy.  Ultimately I'd like my entire physical game collection across all systems to be around 50 games deep... but I'd be satisfied if it were just under 200.

#25145 elessar123  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

How'd you read through that huge wall of text?

Honestly, curiosity got to me, and I read on to find out how it ended. It apparently didn't.

#25146 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   912 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Honestly, curiosity got to me, and I read on to find out how it ended. It apparently didn't.

Lmao I felt dizzy just by looking at it. You're a trooper

#25147 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2379 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

I think ProtagorasEmber may just be used to reddit as the post formatting was similar to longer reddit posts which snip extra blank space between paragraphs so folks just tend not to try to add the extra space.  It took me maybe a minute to read through it... and it was interesting to see where someone else is coming from with the vita and game buying/collecting in general.

I've bought and sold off plenty of my own collections in the past.  I totally understand the cycle that can go into buying and selling this stuff... as well as trying to reign in expanding the collection to stop repeating the cycle.   Despite how much I have now in my overall physical collection (vita is maybe 1/8th of it, I'd have to count), this version of my collection is actually quite small from where I've been.   I think before I sell things off this next time I'm going to take pics so maybe I can let go of games that I love but know I legitimately won't be playing again.  My old 80's & 90's PC big box game collection comes to mind.

#25148 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20821 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:36 AM

Two or three summers ago I sold my COD:BO3 1TB PS4 with the sweet paint job for very close to what I originally paid for it. And not long after I unloaded my Vita as well. At the time I just wasn’t playing video games anymore and wasn’t sure if I would again in the future.
Well I ended up getting back in to an obsessive degree with my new Ps4Pro and I could literally spend an entire day without getting up out of my chair between my two go to games, Monster Hunter World and Vermintide.
Anyhow I really want to find a good price on a sharp looking Vita and I’m trying to avoid all the mistakes I’ve made for both systems in the past. JRPG’s that would just end up spending more time on a shelf than inside the console? I don’t buy it. If I’m honest with myself I know what games I’m gonna dump hundreds of hours into and I repurchased none of the games that I owned last time around. If I liked those games all that much I wouldn’t have gotten bored and quit playing for awhile.
Anyhow I did make a few smart decisions that was nice to have coming back and that’s all my games purchased on the PSN. I gather you are all about physical media and in many ways I totally agree with you. Nine times out of ten or maybe even 99 out of 100 I want a physical copy, preferably one that doesn’t lose any online codes for content from possible previous owners. Physical copies have monetary value. If I own the disc I can resell it or trade it if I want. If I buy it online I’m stuck with it and cant receive any kind of value from it. So if I’m gonna buy something online I had better be 100% sure that I am going to love the game, and for me, I’ll only buy it if I think that I will want to keep that game permanently and that I won’t get tired of it, that I won’t beat it and then never play it again, and that the game won’t be obsolete at a future date and replaced by a future release that takes it’s place.
That being said I bought Monster Hunter World on PSN. Those games last virtually forever and thing still worked out to where buying PSN credit was the easiest and cheapest way to buy the game. Even bought the digital deluxe whichever at first I considered to be an oxymoron since digital copies don’t be come with the kind of bonus goodies I expect from deluxe editions. But for that game I am so glad I went digital. The game is terrific, so good that I’m glad I never have to remove it from the console. And it makes things easier and faster with the way Ive been jumping back and forth between MHW and Vermintide (bought the Complete Edition Bundle for 8 bucks during the PSN holiday sale and it eas a steal).
So my last Vita was a mint but used Orange slim from Japan and I want a colored case again but I don’t know if I want spend that’s much. The orange on earth was 169 and the Red one which was a newer release that I really wanted was 198. And then there’s the memory card prices. I cheaped out and got the 16GB last time and that was a huge mistake I don’t want to repeat. And I really don’t want to do the SD card trick that people are doing now. I want the Sony card. I want it to work flawlessly and have urban forever.
It’s gonna set me back a bit getting back into it but I got to and to make things a Little’s easier, I can fill up the 32 GB card immediately with the games I already own on the network. Having a sweet physical collection like the one above has so many benefits, but with money being tight it is gonna be a huge load off that I won’t be forced to come up with even more money to get started. Not gonna cheap out again this time. I’m getting the Red Vita possibly but I plan on coming to this website often to see if I can get a goodbye price on a blue or black one. Nothing used and beat up and scratched. Mint. I’m getting at least a 32GB card. Not cheaping out on that again. Answer as much as that collection you got there would look awesome on the shelf in my apartment, having huge digital library is gonna make it so I can afford getting back in when I might not have been able to otherwise.

74c.gif

#25149 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6721 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Here's a cool article about the Vita and how it helped to start the current Asian(English) gaming market. Vita is Life!

https://kresnik258ga...english-market/

EDIT: PS. I found this article over at Heavy Arm Twitter BTW.

#25150 Alexpguy  

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Here's a cool article about the Vita and how it helped to start the current Asian(English) gaming market. Vita is Life!

Good read, worth the time.

#25151 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1056 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Happy Secret of Mana on Vita day!

#25152 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6721 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

Good read, worth the time.

The sad thing is I probably own about 75% of the titles mentioned in that article. LOL

I have a few more on my "to buy" list as well, so I'm for sure doing my part to keep these Asian English releases coming.

#25153 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

I feel, given the way this post was written and ridiculous amount of repeated words and fluff, a list organized by date with publishers next to each title  would've been a much better choice. Easier to discern if anything.

#25154 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

I'll take that over 20 page loads of "countdown" so that the site can get 20x the ad revenue while you go hunting for games you actually care about.

#25155 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

I'll take that over 20 page loads of "countdown" so that the site can get 20x the ad revenue while you go hunting for games you actually care about.

Touche.

#25156 Tweeg  

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

#25157 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20821 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

Just for anyone that is curious about the difference between the Rice Digital Muv-Luv CE sets, compared to the KS versions, I just got a response that made it clear the KS CE will be far superior,

"We can't fully disclose this yet, but rest assured the Rice Digital Limited Editions are totally different, and its "extra" item(s) aren't even close to the value of a single exclusive item that's included in the backer's collector's box. Even the digital versions are significantly cheaper in Kickstarter."

So that restores my faith in backing the KS version a little bit at least. ;D

#25158 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

That's good to hear, but I have to raise an eyebrow at the "aren't even close to the value of a single exclusive item" bit.

#25159 Tothoro  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

Just for anyone that is curious about the difference between the Rice Digital Muv-Luv CE sets, compared to the KS versions, I just got a response that made it clear the KS CE will be far superior,

"We can't fully disclose this yet, but rest assured the Rice Digital Limited Editions are totally different, and its "extra" item(s) aren't even close to the value of a single exclusive item that's included in the backer's collector's box. Even the digital versions are significantly cheaper in Kickstarter."

Glad to hear it, thanks for taking the time to reach out and share the response!

#25160 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11839 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

I just hope Rice Digital packs the Kickstarter items carefully with a lot of protection.  I remember hearing some bad stories on getting damaged items from them since they ship overseas and apparently didn't pack things well.

#25161 spoderman  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

I just hope Rice Digital packs the Kickstarter items carefully with a lot of protection.  I remember hearing some bad stories on getting damaged items from them since they ship overseas and apparently didn't pack things well.

What? Rice Digital has nothing to do with the Kickstarter or shipping Kickstarter items. I think the shipping is all handled by IXTL. The production is handled by PQube.

That being said, yeah Rice Digital doesn't pack things well and their shipping is expensive/overpriced so I'll probably never buy anything from them again.

#25162 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11839 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

What? Rice Digital has nothing to do with the Kickstarter or shipping Kickstarter items. I think the shipping is all handled by IXTL. The production is handled by PQube.

That being said, yeah Rice Digital doesn't pack things well and their shipping is expensive/overpriced so I'll probably never buy anything from them again.

I was under the impression Rice was handling the distribution of the Kickstarter items, kind of like LRG did with Plague Road and will do for a few other upcoming titles.  My mistake then.  Glad to hear they are not.

#25163 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6721 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

Same here, I haven't bought anything from them in years, and have no plans to go back.

I was under the impression Rice was handling the distribution of the Kickstarter items, kind of like LRG did with Plague Road and will do for a few other upcoming titles.  My mistake then.  Glad to hear they are not.

When that last email was sent stating Rice was getting the retail exclusive version, many here, including myself feared the worst. It has been stated that IXTL is supposed to be handling it, but I'm not sure if that was confirmed or not.

#25164 Tweeg  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

According to Best Buy, the release date for Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition has been bumped yet again, this time to March 20th from the previously bumped date of March 6th. Starting to wonder what's going on with this release.

That's good to hear, but I have to raise an eyebrow at the "aren't even close to the value of a single exclusive item" bit.

I should hope not! I'd be a little deterred if my $150.00 (not including shipping) KickStarter Backer Exclusive Boxed Collector's Edition wasn't as nice as a lower priced general release CE. And in addition to the CE, those who pledged enough or more to get the CE are also getting stretch goal bonus items, which include.:

• Master OST Collection on DVD
  • KS Backer Only Artbook
  • And correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think we also get a Figma model of one of the mecha from the Alternative series too?

Granted I have to this day not seen a PQube CE/LE release in person, but seems they get a lot of complaints about the quality of their artboxes due to using flimsy cardstock instead of a corrugated or chipboard material.

No, this was already disclosed in either a Tweet or a recent KS update (to lazy to hunt a link for you) that the games, once manufactured have to be shipped to the TOM (Tokyo Otaku Mode) warehouse in Japan where final packaging and distribution of the KickStarter rewards will take take place from.

#25165 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11578 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

The Kickstarter CE is by far the superior version imo. I highly doubt Rice Digital can match anything the Kickstarter version has purely based on the value being offered.

For one thing, PQube/Rice is only handling the Vita carts of Muv Luv. That's it. Shipping will be handled by Tokyo Otaku Mode and from what I heard, their shipping is top notch. Shipping was only $5 for the West. If you were to get it from PQube/Rice, shipping will cost a lot more.

Kickstarter Version is all this (this includes stretch goals)

Christmas-2017-Artworks-Digital
1 Director's Cut Patch
1 Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX (Digital)
1 Muv-Luv Alternative Vita Digital Copy
1 Muv-Luv Photonflowers and Photonmelodies PC Digital Copy
1 Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box (Muv-Luv Japanese Team Printed Signatures on Mini-Shikishi) with physical PS Vita Cartridges, physical+digital Artbook, physical+digital OST
1 Muv-Luv Trilogy Digital Bundle PC
1 Muv-Luv Vita Digital Copy
1 Sumika Figma (They gave this to the Early Backers and this goes for around 60 bucks itself)

#25166 lakers714  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

1 Director's Cut Patch
1 Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box (Muv-Luv Japanese Team Printed Signatures on Mini-Shikishi) with physical PS Vita Cartridges, physical+digital Artbook, physical+digital OST
1 Sumika Figma (They gave this to the Early Backers and this goes for around 60 bucks itself)

I thought it was digital just for PC or Vita 

#25167 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

I thought it was digital just for PC or Vita 

I think we get digital for both versions, but could only get physical PC or physical Vita.

#25168 lakers714  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

I think we get digital for both versions, but could only get physical PC or physical Vita.

Yeah I just checked the backerkit it has been a while since I logged in to check well that is awesome to find out 

#25169 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11578 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

The Vita version was a stretch goal. The $150 CE includes all the Stretch Goals. That is why we're also getting the Codex (Digital) and Photonmelodies/Flowers as well. The Figma was included as thank you gift because the Campaign went over 1 million dollars. :lol:

#25170 Tweeg  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

The Kickstarter CE is by far the superior version imo. I highly doubt Rice Digital can match anything the Kickstarter version has purely based on the value being offered.

For one thing, PQube/Rice is only handling the Vita carts of Muv Luv. That's it. Shipping will be handled by Tokyo Otaku Mode and from what I heard, their shipping is top notch. Shipping was only $5 for the West. If you were to get it from PQube/Rice, shipping will cost a lot more.

Kickstarter Version is all this (this includes stretch goals)

1 Director's Cut Patch

I would just like to note that I was charged $25.00 for S&H to the continental U.S.A.