* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#26611 Tweeg  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:26 AM

More games inbound.:

#26612 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11566 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:06 AM

Probably from East Asia Soft

#26613 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3441 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:44 PM

More games inbound.:

I think games from that developer drop as low as $0.99 sometimes. Just be aware that it's a heftier than usual premium to get physical copies.

#26614 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:55 PM

Yeah their art style is cool, but from what I've seen/read, the games are exceptionally basic.

#26615 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4679 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

That's from the devs that did Mecho Tales, right? I love their art style, but holy crap that game was so mediocre. The level design of Mecho Tales looks like a college student's first attempt at making a game, and it's like 2 hours long. I still find it loathsome that LRG did the 'Developer' edition for that game to milk some more money out of people for an already overpriced release that didn't deserve the physical treatment in the first place.

/rant

#26616 MikeKeese  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

That's from the devs that did Mecho Tales, right? I love their art style, but holy crap that game was so mediocre. The level design of Mecho Tales looks like a college student's first attempt at making a game, and it's like 2 hours long. I still find it loathsome that LRG did the 'Developer' edition for that game to milk some more money out of people for an already overpriced release that didn't deserve the physical treatment in the first place.

/rant

Lrg does a lot of games that don’t need physical sadly. I mean bards gold, another world, nova-111, etc. mecho tales is also not even mediocre, it’s downright bad. There is a reason it’s almost constantly on sale for .99. Hoping these ones are play-asia though so i don’t feel the need to buy them for my NA set while others can still buy them if they see fit

#26617 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2374 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Mecho Wars Desert Ashes is probably the best Advance Wars clone made.  Granted you have to overlook those character designs but the gameplay is pretty spot on with very similar unit types.  The dev has announced plans to bring it to the Switch (which is what I'm waiting on)... but before poo poo'ing on the Vita version take a moment and watch a few youtube videos or something.  I totally understand the initial backlash against it.... but it's a solid experience.  I think the base game is even free to download on Vita... so go get it and try it out.

#26618 Tweeg  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:45 AM

Aksys Games is having flash sale starting tomorrow at 8am Eastern / 5am Pacific.:

#26619 srocky26  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:05 AM

Aksys Games is having flash sale starting tomorrow at 8am Eastern / 5am Pacific.:

https://twitter.com/...146557050286080

$15 shipping.

#26620 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

Probably from East Asia Soft

War Theatre and Mecho Wars are actually being self published by Arcade Distillery.

#26621 Tweeg  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

They also have Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered on sale this week for $26.99, but not free shipping on it.

#26622 SaiF   Batman CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:30 PM

Has anyone bought a Vita after they stopped selling them in the US? Where did ya buy it from? Looking to get one that's preferably new.

#26623 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Has anyone bought a Vita after they stopped selling them in the US? Where did ya buy it from? Looking to get one that's preferably new.

Got a new one from Play-Asia.com

Works perfectly and looks beautiful. Just have to get used to the O and X buttons being used differently on the home screen menus.

#26624 elessar123  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

Amazon JP. Will run you about $170 shipped.

#26625 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:10 PM

I got a Neon Orange one this year. I believe it was purchased from Amazon from an international seller. I received it as a gift. I use it everyday and placed my old OLED version in storage for now. I was an OLED purist but let me tell you the new model just feels so much better in my hands and the difference is so minor with the screen. The battery life also blows away the OLED version. I am very happy to have the newer model and wish I would have gotten one sooner.

#26626 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:38 PM

Amazon JP is supposed to get new stock in sometime this month. After conversion, it will run around $175 according to rates as of yesterday. That includes pretty quick standard shipping. Stuff I order from them gets here to the states in a few days. I plan on grabbing my final backup Vita from them as soon as they are available. Haven't found a source cheaper than Amazon JP for new Vita consoles.

#26627 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:19 PM

I've been meaning to grab a back up vita to keep on the side, but kept putting it off since I have back up vita tvs.  Gonna kick myself if I wait too long, so I'll end up grabbing one from Amazon JP too when they come back in stock.  Thanks for the info :)

#26628 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   915 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

I've been looking at ebay because they have other colors. I also want to get a backup before production stops. Just wish Amazon.jp would carry other colors for the $175 price

#26629 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:58 PM

Any of you guys have charging cable recommendations? Mine is just stripped bare at this point. 

#26630 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:09 AM

I recommend Amazon Japan, like others have previously stated.

Amazon JP is supposed to get new stock in sometime this month. After conversion, it will run around $175 according to rates as of yesterday. That includes pretty quick standard shipping. Stuff I order from them gets here to the states in a few days. I plan on grabbing my final backup Vita from them as soon as they are available. Haven't found a source cheaper than Amazon JP for new Vita consoles.

I remember after ordering my Red Vita from there, it arrived within a few days. Very satisfied with their shipping speed. 

#26631 Tweeg  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Clearance at Best Buy, such as it is (great if you still have GCU active), and Idea Factory and NISA have both got their held back LE copies of games now available.

BestBuy.com
https://www.bestbuy....price skuidsaas
$20.99 - MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
$20.99 - Tokyo Tattoo Girls
$22.99 - Farming Simulator 18
$23.99 - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
$27.99 - Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
$27.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate

- Idea Factory -
http://www.iffysonli...imited-edition/
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms Limited Edition
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds Limited Edition
$57.99 -  MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death Limited Edition

- NIS America -
https://store.nisame...m&gan_data=true
$79.99 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Limited Edition
$59.99 - Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy: Limited Edition

#26632 bigstew  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

I've been meaning to grab a back up vita to keep on the side, but kept putting it off since I have back up vita tvs.  Gonna kick myself if I wait too long, so I'll end up grabbing one from Amazon JP too when they come back in stock.  Thanks for the info :)

yeah i feared that earlier this year with the drought of vita info since getting a new one as a backup is better, was able to get a play of days bundle, was a repackage from unsold units but new none the less, only after getting did i realize that its the silver za25 one, had to look things up and found out the za24 model was the neon orange and the za26 model was metalic red so second to last produced model is still good

I've been looking at ebay because they have other colors. I also want to get a backup before production stops. Just wish Amazon.jp would carry other colors for the $175 price

well u cant expect amazon to keep them forever for when you feel like buying one, if you want a new one in a certain color just pay up at least its available to purchase

#26633 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

Clearance at Best Buy, such as it is (great if you still have GCU active), and Idea Factory and NISA have both got their held back LE copies of games now available.

BestBuy.com
https://www.bestbuy....price skuidsaas
$20.99 - MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
$20.99 - Tokyo Tattoo Girls
$22.99 - Farming Simulator 18
$23.99 - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
$27.99 - Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
$27.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate

- Idea Factory -
http://www.iffysonli...imited-edition/
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms Limited Edition
$72.99 - Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds Limited Edition
$57.99 -  MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death Limited Edition

- NIS America -
https://store.nisame...m&gan_data=true
$79.99 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Limited Edition
$59.99 - Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy: Limited Edition

Definitely a good deal for the Best Buy games with GCU. Once Best Buy is out of several of these titles the prices are going to increase noticeably since third-party sellers will be the only way to get them new.

#26634 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1056 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Tokio Tattoo Girls worth the $17?

#26635 skiy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

I don't think it's worth it. The game could be beat in a couple of hours in one sitting.

#26636 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11566 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:50 PM

No. It's a terrible game

#26637 BlackFlame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

BlackFlame

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:49 PM

I just bought a used like new red Japanese OLED Vita through Amazon US for about 120 with free shipping showed up in about a week. Looks brand new.

#26638 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:29 PM

Definitely a good deal for the Best Buy games with GCU. Once Best Buy is out of several of these titles the prices are going to increase noticeably since third-party sellers will be the only way to get them new.

Most of the ones available at BBY aren't really worth it. Either not that great or have been much less, i.e. Exist Archive.

Psycho Pass maybe and Shiren but both are higher than the rest.

#26639 Bopsilove  

Bopsilove

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:35 PM

I bought my oled from eBay. It was pre-owned but when it came it was like new.
My blue slim is from Yahoo Japan auction site. That site is good but shadey since you have to base everything on pictures and bad translations. Prices are fair if you're lucky.( Used buyee to shop there. Their fees are expensive though)

#26640 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:52 PM

Anyone have experience with this memory card converter for the Vita? Seems like you have to "hack" your Vita in order for it to work though

https://www.amazon.c...s=ps vita&psc=1