* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#26641 Miker525  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

Anyone have experience with this memory card converter for the Vita? Seems like you have to "hack" your Vita in order for it to work though

https://www.amazon.c...s=ps vita&psc=1

Don't have that exact one but I have a few like it. They go for like $2-$3 on eBay (longer shipping cus China) but they work well if you're willing to go through the necessary steps. You do indeed have to install a custom firmware and then follow some extra steps

#26642 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:04 AM

Don't have that exact one but I have a few like it. They go for like $2-$3 on eBay (longer shipping cus China) but they work well if you're willing to go through the necessary steps. You do indeed have to install a custom firmware and then follow some extra steps

Just to piggyback, you need to be on Vita's OS ver 3.68 or before. It's super easy to homebrew the console, however. Worth it if you want cheaper memory

#26643 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6570 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:43 AM

Just to piggyback, you need to be on Vita's OS ver 3.68 or before. It's super easy to homebrew the console, however. Worth it if you want cheaper memory

Damn, I just updated to 3.69 a few weeks back. LOL

Yeah, I'm actually planning to homebrew at some point next year once the system is officially done. So I'll probably just grab a new system at some point, just to have a back up, so I'll probably use that system for the process. I may grab another OLED to have one of each, as I really did love that screen, but not much else.

#26644 Tweeg  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:51 AM

Only about ten hours left to get in on this guys!

#26645 GtoTheNextLevel   Welcome to the Next Level CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:53 AM

Any of you all know about this? Looks like two more physical games from Arcade Distillery are coming to Vita. But I wonder who is distributing them.

#26646 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:10 AM

Tonight I learned there was a Vita magazine.

#26647 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6570 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for the heads up, as I didn't find out about Vita Lounge until it was over, but I was able to get a good portion if the 25 issues. I wish I would have known this was going to happen, as I could have saved some funds, but oh well I guess. I wish they would have just combined all issues into a bigger 1-3 volume set of books, especially since they are reprinting these anyway, why not make it easier to store and read as well?

#26648 srocky26  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

Any of you all know about this? Looks like two more physical games from Arcade Distillery are coming to Vita. But I wonder who is distributing them.

War Theatre and Mecho Wars are actually being self published by Arcade Distillery.

#26649 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up, as I didn't find out about Vita Lounge until it was over, but I was able to get a good portion if the 25 issues. I wish I would have known this was going to happen, as I could have saved some funds, but oh well I guess. I wish they would have just combined all issues into a bigger 1-3 volume set of books, especially since they are reprinting these anyway, why not make it easier to store and read as well?

My gripe with this is that they want an extra 19 pounds for the digital to be added to the physical. Like that shit should essentially be included in the full physical tier for free since they literally do nothing more.

#26650 GtoTheNextLevel   Welcome to the Next Level CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

War Theatre and Mecho Wars are actually being self published by Arcade Distillery.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks!

#26651 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6570 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

My gripe with this is that they want an extra 19 pounds for the digital to be added to the physical. Like that shit should essentially be included in the full physical tier for free since they literally do nothing more.

LOL, yeah I just got done pledging this morning, and I instantly skipped that option, as I agree they should be included. I almost didn't even get the physical seeing the price, but I'm a fan, and getting these all new and in a better quality than originally offered, seemed a good deal.

I actually subscribe to their Switch Player magazine, and that base subscription includes the digital copy as well each month. I actually transfer those to my wife's laptop each month, so my son can read them as well. Charging so much for digital here, when I get digital free almost every place else(including a mag from these same guys), seems silly at best.

#26652 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

LOL, yeah I just got done pledging this morning, and I instantly skipped that option, as I agree they should be included. I almost didn't even get the physical seeing the price, but I'm a fan, and getting these all new and in a better quality than originally offered, seemed a good deal.

I actually subscribe to their Switch Player magazine, and that base subscription includes the digital copy as well each month. I actually transfer those to my wife's laptop each month, so my son can read them as well. Charging so much for digital here, when I get digital free almost every place else(including a mag from these same guys), seems silly at best.

I just went through their KS page again since time is almost up and was reading the comments there when I found that pparently the 100 GBP tier gets you both the physical and digital. They are trying to remove the 119 tier by having backers reduce their pledge amounts to 100 and then removing that option.

#26653 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6570 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:56 PM

I just went through their KS page again since time is almost up and was reading the comments there when I found that pparently the 100 GBP tier gets you both the physical and digital. They are trying to remove the 119 tier by having backers reduce their pledge amounts to 100 and then removing that option.

Thanks for the clarification, and good to know, as that's a nice bonus for the overall high price being pledged, so kudos to the team for doing that.

#26654 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:59 PM

https://twitter.com/...2151458817?s=21

Email just went out to people to be notified of the release. Both limited to 2000 copies and will be a NA release.

#26655 MikeKeese  

Posted Yesterday, 12:38 AM

Email just went out to people to be notified of the release. Both limited to 2000 copies and will be a NA release.

Did it have a date? They post about 10 times a day that it’s coming soon

#26656 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Did it have a date? They post about 10 times a day that it’s coming soon

No, there was a sign up button to be notified of the release, I already subscribe to their mailing list so it might actually be different from that or not, I have no idea. No date was mentioned

#26657 Tweeg  

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 AM

#26658 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:31 AM

Interesting note about Skull Pirates is that it won't be available outside of the Kickstarter campaign.

#26659 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11564 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:13 PM

Interesting note about Skull Pirates is that it won't be available outside of the Kickstarter campaign.

I believe it is also being handled by Play-Asia and EastAsiaSoft so likely won't be R1 North American release.  Important info to confirm if you only collect R1 games.

#26660 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4622 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:27 PM

I haven't been paying enough attention, so can someone confirm that we are not getting Vita physical releases for Persona 3/5 dancing? Are there Asian English ones? I'd just really rather play those on a handheld than a console.

#26661 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted Yesterday, 02:32 PM

I haven't been paying enough attention, so can someone confirm that we are not getting Vita physical releases for Persona 3/5 dancing? Are there Asian English ones? I'd just really rather play those on a handheld than a console.

Can confirm no physical NA release, don't believe physical Asian English, but I heard it's not hard to get by, as it's just navigating menus mostly. No story either, but have little interactions, so you'd miss out on it.

#26662 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3237 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:45 PM

BadLand Publishing
@BadLandGames

To all our U.S. friends! Due to an error of the shipping company the packages sent to the United States suffered a delay. During this week and next week the extra #Velocity2x materials will be arriving to your home. We're sorry for the possible inconveniences.

#26663 Tothoro  

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

They say that now, but he (Luc Bernard or whatever his name is) also doubled the number of LEs as soon as they sold out in the campaign. Something tells me he won't turn down more money.

#26664 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted Yesterday, 05:38 PM

BadLand Publishing
@BadLandGames

To all our U.S. friends! Due to an error of the shipping company the packages sent to the United States suffered a delay. During this week and next week the extra #Velocity2x materials will be arriving to your home. We're sorry for the possible inconveniences.

wow i never thought the day would come. Actually i never thought they actually deliver what they had promised

#26665 Tweeg  

Posted Yesterday, 05:45 PM

I believe it is also being handled by Play-Asia and EastAsiaSoft so likely won't be R1 North American release.  Important info to confirm if you only collect R1 games.

Correct, Skull Pirates will be a R3 English release. Thus also making it the only Arcade Distillery physical Vita release that isn't a R1 exclusive.

#26666 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Always down to pay a scalper on eBay later rather than a half-baked kickerstarter campaign.

#26667 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6570 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Today, 01:50 AM

Always down to pay a scalper on eBay later rather than a half-baked kickerstarter campaign.

You know, that's probably not a bad idea actually, as your taking a risk either way, but going the Ebay route your pretty much protected 100%(but it comes at a premium price). While with KS, your protections are less than zero 9/10 times, so the scalper route is for sure the lesser of two evils in a situation like this.

#26668 MikeKeese  

Posted Today, 12:16 PM

Looks like the two arcade distillery games will launch today. Pre-order first for those who signed up for the email alerts

Unfortunately I tried to sign up 3 times and have not once received an email.