* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#26791 SPORK94  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:53 AM

I already own Lost Child on switch as a limited edition. I wish they would make a standard edition.

#26792 srocky26  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

I thought I had time to order that, but it looks like stock is already down to 11-25%. Should I assume that's accurate, or is it a scare tactic?

I thought I had time too. Sold out now.

#26793 Tothoro  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:56 PM

I already own Lost Child on switch as a limited edition. I wish they would make a standard edition.

The Gematsu article implies that a standard Vita edition will be published with an MSRP of $30. You should be good.

#26794 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:52 PM

It's always nice to see more physical Vita games before the hammer drops on cart production, but I'm not personally excited for these and will probably skip all three. I wish the Persona 3 and 5 dancing games were getting physical releases here to match Persona 4's.

#26795 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6643 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:56 PM

It's always nice to see more physical Vita games before the hammer drops on cart production, but I'm not personally excited for these and will probably skip all three. I wish the Persona 3 and 5 dancing games were getting physical releases here to match Persona 4's.

Yeah, I'm in the process of selling off most of my NISA Vita CE's, so yeah, grabbing new ones ain't gonna happen, especially this late in the game. They dropped Vita ages ago, and I had no idea they planned to bring it back, so I moved on. I still have about $12 in store credit, so I'm still trying to spend that on something, but nothing has caught my eye just yet.

#26796 Tweeg  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:59 PM

Three days of consecutive pain for our wallets. Day #2: Ready, set, spend! This is bound to sell out quick. Limited to a mere 999 copies, how'd they even pull that off?

https://www.redartga...laystation-vita

demetrios_tweet2_psv.JPG

Oh, and NISA has already SOLD OUT of copies of The Lost Child: Limited Edition that went on sale just yesterday!

#26797 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8912 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Desperate Vita owners wanting to buy stuff. I'll likely get the 3 NISA standard editions and pre-order as soon as they go up.

#26798 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:16 PM

Yeah it's only a pain to the wallet if you buy them. My wallet is enjoying a beach vacation.

#26799 bigstew  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:23 PM

Agreed, they way Vita is being handle you are pretty lucky to even get the typical GS black cases now. They seem to now put Vita games into those clear small single cases they have on display behind glass. 

yeah seeing how stores are, unless you can buy in person, to make space for more toys the lesser games get the clear treatment, just got a 3ds game with that treatment and no case, best to try a get a game in person or look for a new one if you want a chance for the case

Desperate Vita owners wanting to buy stuff. I'll likely get the 3 NISA standard editions and pre-order as soon as they go up.

if you have owned a vita since early on chances are you already have what u want, that said besides waiting for whenever my lrg order gets mailed, hard to find any physicals around worth getting, heavy releases holiday season being a hamper to buying for the backlog

#26800 SPORK94  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:13 AM

The Gematsu article implies that a standard Vita edition will be published with an MSRP of $30. You should be good.

I do hope that is the case because while I do enjoy DRPGs a lot I feel like the switch is not really the platform I would use a lot. To me they are the type of games like roguelikes where you carry it around in your pocket and do light play sessions. Switch is not the most ideal thing to stick in your pocket unless you want to take off the joycons.

#26801 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:20 PM

I know late to the party now i am hoping for a standard edition on Lost Child. 

#26802 Bopsilove  

Bopsilove

Posted Yesterday, 07:36 PM

Anyone buy any games from the recent pro day at GameStop? I risked not getting a case with the 4 games I ordered. The discounts really weren't bad. The CAG code combined with the extra 10% off and the pro discount.

#26803 Madzane  

Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM

So I ordered a few Vita games from Play Asia. They shipped the 18th of October, made it to the US on the 29th.....and nothing since. Is this normal? I’ve only had two prior orders with PA.

#26804 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11423 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:50 PM

So I ordered a few Vita games from Play Asia. They shipped the 18th of October, made it to the US on the 29th.....and nothing since. Is this normal? I’ve only had two prior orders with PA.

It's all up to Customs and USPS now. Plus today is a Holiday

#26805 pcx4487   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:02 AM

Are they sitting in an ISC? That's customs and it can take a bit to clear.

#26806 Tothoro  

Posted Today, 12:44 AM

Yeah. Play-Asia orders usually take ~3 weeks to get to me. Shipping volume (holidays are upon us) and the federal holiday today may set it back another week or so though.

P-A also does have really fast expedited shipping, unfortunately it's often too expensive for my cheap ass to consider.

#26807 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6643 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Today, 02:46 AM

Yeah, customs is always the wild card, as it can take a day or a month for a package to clear. I had an order from PA earlier this year that once it reached LA, it took a week or two to finally get to me. Reaching our shore is key, as that means it got here, but USPS has no reason to get it to you quick, especially if it's a busy time of year(holidays). 

#26808 Madzane  

Posted Today, 03:15 AM

Cool. Paranoia averted for the time being.

#26809 Equippt  

Posted Today, 04:07 AM

Just to drive home the point that everyone else has already made, I've had orders from PA delivered in about a week and orders that have taken over a month. Depending on what kind of tracking you have on that order you may not get any more updates until it shows up at your door, either. It can be kind of annoying, but it's normal. Just part of the import game.

#26810 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11423 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:24 AM

The contract that used to track PA Orders once it arrived in the US expired a few years ago. 

#26811 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:50 AM

Anyone buy any games from the recent pro day at GameStop? I risked not getting a case with the 4 games I ordered. The discounts really weren't bad. The CAG code combined with the extra 10% off and the pro discount.

Just got them in today.  Outcast Second Contact and Akiba's Trip (PS4) came complete (Akiba's Trip even had the manual).  Danganronpa (Vita) came cart only, which I was expecting.  Prices after discount were: $2.93 for Outcast, $8.81 for Akiba's Trip, $11.75 for Danganronpa.

#26812 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted Today, 02:54 PM

Just got them in today.  Outcast Second Contact and Akiba's Trip (PS4) came complete (Akiba's Trip even had the manual).  Danganronpa (Vita) came cart only, which I was expecting.  Prices after discount were: $2.93 for Outcast, $8.81 for Akiba's Trip, $11.75 for Danganronpa.

I also ordered Danganronpa but 2 & V3.  Hoping to get lucky though as they are supposed to arrive tomorrow.  We will see.

#26813 MikeKeese  

Posted Today, 05:51 PM

Not sure if this was posted yet but Best Buy currently has death mark regular and limited edition switched on their site. Regular edition is marked at $60, limited at $40.

Doubt they actually send the limited at the lower price but I tried anyway. We will see on Thursday

#26814 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:06 PM

Not sure if this was posted yet but Best Buy currently has death mark regular and limited edition switched on their site. Regular edition is marked at $60, limited at $40.

Doubt they actually send the limited at the lower price but I tried anyway. We will see on Thursday

I'm pretty sure they got their listings mixed up.  The listing for the Limited Edition that I preordered and received was changed to the standard edition sometime in early November, then they added a new "limited edition" listing with the same price as the standard (and am pretty sure it is the standard).  Would be awesome if it was the LE but I doubt it since I think they sold out of their LE allotment.

#26815 MikeKeese  

Posted Today, 06:11 PM

I'm pretty sure they got their listings mixed up.  The listing for the Limited Edition that I preordered and received was changed to the standard edition sometime in early November, then they added a new "limited edition" listing with the same price as the standard (and am pretty sure it is the standard).  Would be awesome if it was the LE but I doubt it since I think they sold out of their LE allotment.

Yeah I mean they currently have both on their site in stock so who knows. No biggie if it’s not as I still need the game for my collection and I used some rewards to make it cheaper. Really doubt I get lucky though

#26816 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11673 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:15 PM

Yeah I mean they currently have both on their site in stock so who knows. No biggie if it’s not as I still need the game for my collection and I used some rewards to make it cheaper. Really doubt I get lucky though

Oh, the $59.99 one was sold out last night when I browsed the site.  If you want the LE I would suggest ordering that one.  Or order both and return the one you don't want.

#26817 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:40 PM

I just placed an order for both LE (39.99) and standard (59.99) for Vita.  Will report my findings once I receive both.  LE listing was for pick up only and standard is shipped.

#26818 spoderman  

Posted Today, 07:27 PM

To anyone that bought the Death Mark LE on release, is the SKU for that the same as the current one? Wondering if they changed it or anything, might not matter though.