* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#26971 Tothoro  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

So I noticed that Amazon has the Vita standard edition of Code Realize Wintertide Miracles up for preorder again. What sucks is they canceled my order from when it was available the first time. I thought they weren’t getting enough to cover orders, but here they are with it available again lol.

Anyway, it’s not a huge deal since I was able to place an order at GameStop. I just thought it was weird they canceled my order at all.

Amazon did the same thing to me with the PS4 version of Darkest Dungeon. Their system is just weird sometimes.

#26972 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1717 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:19 AM

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star - Noble Phantasm Edition (Vita) is down to $14.99 new at Gamestop. Amazon may eventually match it.

https://www.gamestop...-edition/136587

Thx for posting that. Found none near me but was able to find one while on vacation near Flagstaff. Great deal.

#26973 Tweeg  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:59 PM

Sale! Still crazy international shipping, but sale all the same!

#26974 elessar123  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

Hmm, Ichigo Marshmallow on the sales banner.

#26975 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4112 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:09 PM

I'm surprised Rice could use Ichigo Mashimaro in their promo image.

-Edit- Ninja'd, lol

#26976 Tothoro  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:30 PM

Lots of LRG Vita releases appear to be at risk:

With the flurry of Q3/Q4 releases I can't say I'm surprised, but I am a little surprised they weren't keeping better track of the allotment. 

#26977 Tothoro  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like AW Phoenix Fiesta also got delisted on PSN. Looks like it may be a trend developing for Bandai-Namco licensed games, if you're interested in any this would be a good time to make those purchases.

#26978 Tweeg  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:50 PM

Lots of LRG Vita releases appear to be at risk:

With the flurry of Q3/Q4 releases I can't say I'm surprised, but I am a little surprised they weren't keeping better track of the allotment. 

Yeah, I am utterly shocked that they somehow miscalculated a need for 10,000 carts. My guess is that they didn't properly allocate enough carts for the open pre-order games, Bastion and Cosmic Star Heroine and thus allowed those two games to erode away their cart allocation.

#26979 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6990 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

Yeah, I am utterly shocked that they somehow miscalculated a need for 10,000 carts. My guess is that they didn't properly allocate enough carts for the open pre-order games, Bastion and Cosmic Star Heroine and thus allowed those two games to erode away their cart allocation.

No, they gave Sony the numbers they needed, and Sony decide to give them less, and has nothing to do with LRG miscalculations.

#26980 Tothoro  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, I am utterly shocked that they somehow miscalculated a need for 10,000 carts. My guess is that they didn't properly allocate enough carts for the open pre-order games, Bastion and Cosmic Star Heroine and thus allowed those two games to erode away their cart allocation

No, they gave Sony the numbers they needed, and Sony decide to give them less, and has nothing to do with LRG miscalculations.

Josh did confirm that Sony shorted them carts after the news started getting traction today, but he since deleted the tweet (probably to not invoke Sony's wrath). I didn't get a screenshot, but here's the link to where the tweet was:

#26981 bigstew  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:31 AM

exactly its more of sonys failures with no support, they most likely decided to cut carts which screwed lrg, decided to give carts to jp pubs for final release pubs, or most likely axed pubs in order to pay for their liberal over censored new screening to balance costs at the cost of small companies to ruin pubs, well at least lrg can still make the preorders for now but seems sony is slamming the door on vita as soon as possible, luckily with this trend i was lucky to get a end of days vita as it seems that was the last offical new system release they sold

#26982 Tweeg  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

Found his tweet! Will both quote here and post the tweet just in case it goes missing.

Josh Fairhurst @LimitedRunJosh 11h11 hours ago

Having to do something I hate doing today - our remaining Vita cartridge allotment with Sony is far lower than we expected. We are being forced to put a pretty large swath of releases (over 10) on hold unless another publisher gives us some of their allotment. :(

Josh Fairhurst @LimitedRunJosh 3h3 hours ago

Since this is gaining traction, I just want to clarify something: Sony did their best to give us as many carts as they could, and we may still get more before production ends as others free up their allocations. It's a tricky situation all around.

Josh Fairhurst @LimitedRunJosh 3h3 hours ago

My wording for the initial tweet was poor and it sounds like I'm angry at Sony. I'm not. I just dislike changing plans and the allocation has put me in a spot where I have to do that, much to my dismay. Fingers crossed things work out in the end and these get to exist.

#26983 Tothoro  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:10 AM

Big news day for the Vita, we also get a Sharin no Kuni update: https://www.kickstar...t/posts/2374325

Looks like they're targeting February for digital and April for physical. Fingers crossed it still comes through

#26984 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6990 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

Well, just got a new email from VBlank, and Shakedown Hawaii is still coming physical in early 2019, so that's good news, as this will probably be the last great new release offered. Seems a great title to go out on, as it looks like a killer game.

#26985 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:59 AM

They had to have production requested turned in by June 28th, 2018. Then they had open preorders on two games. They mentioned in the discussion on Bastion over on twitter that they had to pull carts from future releases to cover Bastion.

I'd go look up the tweet (I think it was posted in the LRG thread) ... just no time for that now.

#26986 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:24 AM

Big news day for the Vita, we also get a Sharin no Kuni update: https://www.kickstar...t/posts/2374325

Looks like they're targeting February for digital and April for physical. Fingers crossed it still comes through

Sweet! Very happy to hear Sharin No Kuni is still happening.

#26987 Tweeg  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:13 AM

Image speaks for itself.:

neuro_announcement_psv.png

#26988 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:32 AM

So say someone wanted to get a Vita and a few games....what's the general opinion on where to get one these days... GameStop...eBay... Craigslist? They all seem to be shooting the moon on prices right now...

#26989 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5777 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:05 AM

So say someone wanted to get a Vita and a few games....what's the general opinion on where to get one these days... GameStop...eBay... Craigslist? They all seem to be shooting the moon on prices right now...

Amazon Japan

#26990 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:57 AM

It depends on what your looking for. I would say the majority of my games have came from GameStop but I will say it’s starting to get slim pickings from them. Also ebay isn’t bad either as you see what condition it comes in. Don’t trust craigslist as much as I think their description of “condition of items” are different then mine but that’s just IMO.

Edit: I’m talking about the games. Definitely listen to Tweeg for where to get the system.

#26991 Tweeg  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:09 AM

Amazon Japan

For a new system Amazon Japan for certain. But if shopping for used then pawn shops tend to be a better deal than GameStop, at least in my area the pawn shops are only asking $100 for a Vita. Craigslist is viable if you can find a seller with a system at a reasonable price. GameStop is a viable option, but expensive as heck.

#26992 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:03 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

#26993 bigstew  

Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like AW Phoenix Fiesta also got delisted on PSN. Looks like it may be a trend developing for Bandai-Namco licensed games, if you're interested in any this would be a good time to make those purchases.

good thing i got that for the ps4 when it was on sale, yeah been seeing alot of delisting of games both us and jp faster than normal, wish there was an explanation for it, looks like i might have to pony up and pay the higher prices for some of the items instead of waiting for a good sale

#26994 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 25 December 2018 - 07:15 PM

VGP have a sale with a few ps vita games.

I got period cube vita,tokyo xanadu vita,playstation all stars vita. All 3 for $56.99.

#26995 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6263 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:44 AM

I got period cube vita,tokyo xanadu vita,playstation all stars vita. All 3 for $56.99.

make sure u paid by paypal. that site is known for getting fraud payments on ur credit card.

#26996 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:14 AM

make sure u paid by paypal. that site is known for getting fraud payments on ur credit card.

yes i already knew about that here :)

#26997 Bopsilove  

Bopsilove

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:36 AM

How did you get this price? 

#26998 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

All three total is 74.98CAD in US is like $54.00 but with convertion fee came $56.99

#26999 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I was holding off on the import because I thought I would grab the digital on sale at some point, now I will have hustle to get in my next batch of Vita imports.

#27000 Bopsilove  

Bopsilove

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:20 PM

Oh whoops forgot to convert to USD. XD I was looking at another currency.