* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#27871 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3460 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:31 PM

Just got one off of eBay for 130$ from a friend for my birthday with a 32gb men card . Anyone recommend fun games to play in short spurts my friend said it came with lumines.. so probably try that possibly also pick up my favorite psp game patchwork heroes too.

#27872 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2172 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:33 PM

Lumins

Just got one off of eBay for 130$ from a friend for my birthday with a 32gb men card . Anyone recommend fun games to play in short spurts my friend said it came with lumines.. so probably try that possibly also pick up my favorite psp game patchwork heroes tooes

Lumines is always excellent. The Vita version of Katamari is great, if your back touchscreen works. Tearaway is pretty good, too, but don't expect much challenge with it (unless you want all of the trophies).

#27873 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:51 AM

Just got one off of eBay for 130$ from a friend for my birthday with a 32gb men card . Anyone recommend fun games to play in short spurts my friend said it came with lumines.. so probably try that possibly also pick up my favorite psp game patchwork heroes too.

Depends what you like. there's a lot good indies that are pick up and play, but the vita has good standby capability with low battery consumption so you can also play normal games for a bit and come back to it easily.

Lumines is one of the best puzzle games tho imo. Some other good ones purely meant for pick and play are rogue legacy, hotline Miami, killzone mercenary is arguably the best fps for it, and then there's a plethora or visual novels too if you're into that

#27874 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9513 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:42 AM

For visual novels it's a boatload of otome games localized by AKSYS, steins;gate and 0, danganronpa 1-3, zero escape games, and those horror visual novels ng and death mark. I'd also probably consider Punch Line a visual novel. I'm sure there's more but these are the ones from the top of my head as having physical copies (not counting LRG's nurse love games and another otome and house in fata morgana).

#27875 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20935 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:19 AM

For visual novels it's a boatload of otome games localized by AKSYS, steins;gate and 0, danganronpa 1-3, zero escape games, and those horror visual novels ng and death mark. I'd also probably consider Punch Line a visual novel. I'm sure there's more but these are the ones from the top of my head as having physical copies (not counting LRG's nurse love games and another otome and house in fata morgana).

Didn't even mention any of the Code Realize games, or Hakuouki. :*(

#27876 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:34 AM

One of the most underrated games, and also probably the best co-op, is Unit 13.

#27877 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9513 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

Didn't even mention any of the Code Realize games, or Hakuouki. :*(

I forget about IFI sometimes in its endless supply of okay RPGs. I did play the first Code:Realize and it is excellent with good characters and excellent graphics and a decent story. I haven't played the other but own them on PC I believe.

#27878 Agent Hero   Member, Thrift Shop All-Stars CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Agent Hero

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:06 PM

Need For Speed is good and isn't a huge downgrade over the console versions. 

#27879 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

I second Need for Speed. My sons put hours in Most Wanted. Also remember to check your purchase history. When I got my first PSTV, I found stuff I grabbed from plus that I forgot about, even some games I received from back in the Qore days.

#27880 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:48 AM

Any of the hunting games if you like that genre.
Freedom Wars, Ragnarok Odyssey, Soul Sacrifice, or Toukiden.

Also second Unit 13 is a great game. Loved it on vita.

#27881 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3460 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:52 AM

Thanks all for the recommendations I have quite a few of those from eith plus or dollar flash sales back in the day.

#27882 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

knytt-underground-limited-edition-611469.2.jpg

Next Play-Asia Vita release coming this Thursday October 24th.

LIMITED TO 1500 COPIES. FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.

Knytt Underground

#27883 hohle  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:49 PM

looks like a good choice.

#27884 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2333 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 AM

meh, i wish Playasia would of picked up on all those canceled SNK vita games LRG dropped.

#27885 nagpo  

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 AM

One of my hopes, which will never happen, Would be Tales of Innocence R

#27886 Tothoro  

Posted Yesterday, 01:39 PM

One of my hopes, which will never happen, Would be Tales of Innocence R

That's an issue of localization and not just publishing. I think if Bamco did localize it at this point they'd just go Switch/PS4 unfortunately.