* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#28081 Tweeg  

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

Kind of Vita related.:

#28082 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4776 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:15 AM

Kind of a random question, but since I’m planning on picking up a bluetooth Retro-bit Saturn pad at some point in the near future (mostly for emulation and fighting games on my PC) and they’re supposed to be compatible with the PS3, does anyone happen to know if they’ll also work with a PSTV? It’s not listed in the official info, but outside of this thread I’m not sure anyone even remembers the PSTV exists.

#28083 srocky26  

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:44 PM

Looks like the Muv Luv games were converted to used at GS.
https://www.gamestop...v/10163368.html

https://www.gamestop...e/10163371.html

#28084 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1022 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:28 AM

Need this to be at $20

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#28085 Madzane  

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:35 AM

Really throwing me, my local GameStop which has not stocked Vita games for a year shows these in stock.

#28086 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13010 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

Really throwing me, my local GameStop which has not stocked Vita games for a year shows these in stock.

Might be worth it to check, there is always the chance they don't have them on display but have them in a drawer or back room.  I've seen that happen with other titles at Gamestop.

#28087 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3756 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

Might be worth it to check, there is always the chance they don't have them on display but have them in a drawer or back room.  I've seen that happen with other titles at Gamestop.

This. Anytime I go to a Gamestop I haven't stopped in before, I ask the employees to check the drawers for old Vita stuff. There's always a slim chance you'll find something buried that hasn't been gutted.

#28088 Tweeg  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:53 AM

Kind of a random question, but since I’m planning on picking up a bluetooth Retro-bit Saturn pad at some point in the near future (mostly for emulation and fighting games on my PC) and they’re supposed to be compatible with the PS3, does anyone happen to know if they’ll also work with a PSTV? It’s not listed in the official info, but outside of this thread I’m not sure anyone even remembers the PSTV exists.

Theoretically it should work. I'm guessing it registers from the system's perspective as a generic Dual Shock 3 clone, but you may want to consider contacting Retro-Bit's customer service and inquiring with them about this.

#28089 srocky26  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:03 PM

Need this to be at $20

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They’re $20 now.

#28090 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

They’re $20 now.

Odds of getting a complete used online? In my experience visual novels seem to come complete but not sure I want to risk it. If they don't come complete, can they be returned to a local store for a full refund?

#28091 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23016 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:49 PM

They’re $20 now.

Thanks for the heads up! randomly decided to check this thread because are new software is slow is shit and saw your post, found a store with both in stock!  

#28092 srocky26  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

Odds of getting a complete used online? In my experience visual novels seem to come complete but not sure I want to risk it. If they don't come complete, can they be returned to a local store for a full refund?

As quoted on my previous post, they converted new to used. Still YMMV, but odds of getting a complete copy are increased. Returns are accepted within 7 days.

#28093 Tweeg  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:15 PM

This. Anytime I go to a Gamestop I haven't stopped in before, I ask the employees to check the drawers for old Vita stuff. There's always a slim chance you'll find something buried that hasn't been gutted.

^ This, there's a lot of anti-Vita predjudice against from many GameStop employees for some unknown reason. I've had to ask at all of my area GameStop locations too see Vita games they didn't have out on the shelf over the years as they just don't even care to bother trying selling them it seems. Really not going to miss this miserable excuse for a video game store when it crashes and burns.

#28094 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:34 PM

My favorite answer to this is that they have no room to display the Vita stuff when all it needs is a 2 foot long shelf... just spine some ps3 games. Same logic as throwing out the cases to make room I guess.
I am happy I did all my Vita hunting several years ago when it was not as hard to find cases. eStarland is still good for those still hunting. they state what comes with each game and price loose stuff less than complete stuff and adjust trade prices on completeness.

#28095 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7386 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:49 PM

A year or two back, when my local store was remodel, they put all their Vita games behind the counter as well, and they would provide a list of what they had by request. Of course the list was only what inventory showed, and in no way stated if the game was complete or not, you just had to ask. I said  Fuck that, as now just wanting to take a quick look when I'm near by shopping at Walmart, has now become a job to spend my money. Shit like this is why if these guys go under tomorrow, I won't shed a tear, as every problem they have, is of their own making.

#28096 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:02 AM

A year or two back, when my local store was remodel, they put all their Vita games behind the counter as well, and they would provide a list of what they had by request. Of course the list was only what inventory showed, and in no way stated if the game was complete or not, you just had to ask. I said  Fuck that, as now just wanting to take a quick look when I'm near by shopping at Walmart, has now become a job to spend my money. Shit like this is why if these guys go under tomorrow, I won't shed a tear, as every problem they have, is of their own making.

One of the Gamestops in my area actually tossed the cases to the Vita games, as if the 20 or so Vita games they had in stock were taking up a ton of room. I don't like to see a business go under since competition is generally good for the consumer, but I am with you in regard to Gamestop. While I won't cheer when they go under and will miss some of the exclusive games that would otherwise likely not get a physical release, I honestly won't feel bad for them. Their numerous anti-consumer policies and unbelievable failure to understand gamers and collectors has indeed been self-inflicted.

On a different note, just a reminder to folks that Play Asia is releasing two more Vita titles tomorrow.

#28097 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8817 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:05 AM

^ This, there's a lot of anti-Vita predjudice against from many GameStop employees for some unknown reason. I've had to ask at all of my area GameStop locations too see Vita games they didn't have out on the shelf over the years as they just don't even care to bother trying selling them it seems. Really not going to miss this miserable excuse for a video game store when it crashes and burns.

That's because they take up real estate inside the stores, for a mere handful of games, and they don't sell.

#28098 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7386 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:47 AM

One of the Gamestops in my area actually tossed the cases to the Vita games, as if the 20 or so Vita games they had in stock were taking up a ton of room. I don't like to see a business go under since competition is generally good for the consumer, but I am with you in regard to Gamestop. While I won't cheer when they go under and will miss some of the exclusive games that would otherwise likely not get a physical release, I honestly won't feel bad for them. Their numerous anti-consumer policies and unbelievable failure to understand gamers and collectors has indeed been self-inflicted.

On a different note, just a reminder to folks that Play Asia is releasing two more Vita titles tomorrow.

Yeah, I remember at the time, many here stating their local stores had been dumping cases to save on space, and it boggled my mind. My store had them on a small end cap for years, so my store barely lost any space having them on display. I would often grab a title here and there seeing them on display, especially when the case and sleeve was in good shape. Once they moved them to the back, I took my business to Ebay, as then I could buy from sellers and see specifically what I was buying, with out the work GS wanted me to put in, and for what? 

I've met many really good people at GS over the years, from staff, to managers, and even a general manager(who was a personal friend), and they all got treated like shit. Almost everyone was promised something, only to have the powers that be renege after the fact, and not deliver on what was said. So besides just their poor treatment of actual customers, I probably despise them more for their treatment of staff, more so than their janky ass business practices.

#28099 Tweeg  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, thankfully there are no retail releases left for me I "need" to purchase. Yeah I still would've liked to have had the original cases for my only two games that are in generic GameStop replacement cases, but I'm unemployed, pretty much broke, and thus will live content that I have them at all. Also I'm still on hold with Play-Asia over the three missing Vita games, two separate packages mailed thirty days apart, and "missing" while in USPS custody. USPS Has zero motivation to locate my packages, not that they'll ever likely find packages that were stolen right out of their own system.

And now I'm getting worried about the two games from Luc Bernard/Arcade Distellery. Other people have been receiving their copies of those games this week in my general region, but, where're mine? Luc's handling the shipping himself personally by himself, so not got the time to send e-mail notifications out to each person, but if they don't turn up next week I'm planning to contact him to ask if he's mailed mine out yet as I have zero faith in the postal service at this point.

#28100 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7386 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

Also I'm still on hold with Play-Asia over the three missing Vita games, two separate packages mailed thirty days apart, and "missing" while in USPS custody. USPS Has zero motivation to locate my packages, not that they'll ever likely find packages that were stolen right out of their own system.

Did your packages go missing over the holiday shipping windows(mid November thru December)? As normally theft can be an issue due to all the holiday help who are over worked and under paid for their holiday work efforts. And since Play-Asia slaps a HUGE logo on each package, it's pretty much telling any potential criminal, "Hey, I'm a video game" in a small package, that can easily be snuck out when no one is looking.

But, depending on how long your packages have been missing, they may still show up, as service is beyond garbage this time of year, and it's been getting worse since forever. I have to open a new claim today for a package that a buyer didn't pick up during the holidays, so it was returned, and it's been well over a month now. I have had returns take 2 months or more to arrive, but it may already be gone, so no use in continuing to wait.

#28101 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, thankfully there are no retail releases left for me I "need" to purchase. Yeah I still would've liked to have had the original cases for my only two games that are in generic GameStop replacement cases, but I'm unemployed, pretty much broke, and thus will live content that I have them at all. Also I'm still on hold with Play-Asia over the three missing Vita games, two separate packages mailed thirty days apart, and "missing" while in USPS custody. USPS Has zero motivation to locate my packages, not that they'll ever likely find packages that were stolen right out of their own system.

And now I'm getting worried about the two games from Luc Bernard/Arcade Distellery. Other people have been receiving their copies of those games this week in my general region, but, where're mine? Luc's handling the shipping himself personally by himself, so not got the time to send e-mail notifications out to each person, but if they don't turn up next week I'm planning to contact him to ask if he's mailed mine out yet as I have zero faith in the postal service at this point.

What are the two games you are missing cover art for?
I am in the same boat with the Arcade Distillery games. Anyone here get their copies?

#28102 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13010 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

What are the two games you are missing cover art for?
I am in the same boat with the Arcade Distillery games. Anyone here get their copies?

Nope, still waiting on the Arcade Distillery titles for what seems like months.  Did not realize they were actually in the process of being shipped out.

#28103 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37456 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

Two more PLAY Exclusives are now live at Play-Asia:

FoxyLand Collection

Kid Tripp + Miles & Kilo Collection

Each is limited to 1500 copies made and there's the usual $34.99 price + free shipping with a 2-copy limit per person. As a bonus, each game in these 2-game packs has a separate exclusive platinum trophy to earn.

Use the coupon code NPE to save $3; for maximum savings, buy your copies separately.

#28104 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12808 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

GS throws out game cases to create shelf space for other games and items that have a better chance of selling.  We've known this for a long time.  They're not treating them any differently than any other older games, including portable systems.  Anyone of you who is upset about it needs to remove your emotional attachment to the Vita and understand it is a business where they want to maximize floor space and inventory space. 

#28105 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3511 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

I haven't received my copies yet or an email stating they were shipped.

#28106 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

Two more PLAY Exclusives are now live at Play-Asia:

FoxyLand Collection

Kid Tripp + Miles & Kilo Collection

Each is limited to 1500 copies made and there's the usual $34.99 price + free shipping with a 2-copy limit per person. As a bonus, each game in these 2-game packs has a separate exclusive platinum trophy to earn.

Use the coupon code NPE to save $3; for maximum savings, buy your copies separately.

I'm learning that there's not much need to jump on these right away, because Play Asia always seems to have copies for a while and even discounts some for sales.

Maybe my area is lucky, but the Gamestops here still have a shelf of boxed (mostly original cases) Vita games.

#28107 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5047 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:27 PM

I got my copies, but I'm considering getting rid of all of my Arcade Distillery stuff. I was always drawn in by the art style, which is gorgeous, but they're just not very good games. Maybe War Theater is different?

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

#28108 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37456 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:38 PM

I'm learning that there's not much need to jump on these right away, because Play Asia always seems to have copies for a while and even discounts some for sales.

You might have a point, but their preorder listing for Metagal is sold out: https://www.play-asi...ition/13/70d8fj

#28109 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:50 PM

GS throws out game cases to create shelf space for other games and items that have a better chance of selling. We've known this for a long time. They're not treating them any differently than any other older games, including portable systems. Anyone of you who is upset about it needs to remove your emotional attachment to the Vita and understand it is a business where they want to maximize floor space and inventory space.

It is stupid to get rid of cases for any system. The point being made is that the space savings is trivial (we are not talking about ps2 liquidation levels). In most situations it is the space of 4 or 5 pop figures that could be put in top stock. Putting stuff in drawers where no one can see them is a sure way to make sure no one buys it. I guarantee I could walk into almost any gamestop and find floorspace for this stuff. Complete copies are more likely to sell than a disc or cart in a paper sleeve.

#28110 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

Maybe my area is lucky, but the Gamestops here still have a shelf of boxed (mostly original cases) Vita games.

The weird ones (pantsu hunter, conga master) and large prints have stuck around, but most of the small runs 1000 to 1500 have sold out relatively quickly. The last release had checkout issues so those stayed around for a little bit longer as well, but most stuff is gone inside of a week or two.