* * * * * 1 votes

Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw was Good

#421 detectiveconan16   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5396 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

Oh boy Martin Short's terrifying character in Kimmy Schmidt was based on a real person who took his life very recently. http://www.usmagazin...es-at-65-201564

Batsugunner.png

#422 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7121 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

^ I have read conflicting stories on the suicide. One person who was said to be a friend of his says the show making fun of him was hurtful, but definitely not the reason he took his life. Apparently he just had a long history of depression.

On the other hand, my best friend just saw him at an event recently and said he was "in great spirits". She doesn't know him personally though.

In any case, you have to assume both Tina Fey and Martin Short must feel terrible about the situation. It's really unfortunate.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#423 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10101 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

In any case, you have to assume both Tina Fey and Martin Short must feel terrible about the situation. It's really unfortunate.

If Martin Short could feel terrible about anything, he would have quit acting decades ago.

elessar123.png

#424 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

I recently watched all of Daredevil's season 1. Great show so far. Can't wait to see what season 2 will be like. 

LeaptradeForumSignature.jpg

#425 macsmith230   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

macsmith230

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

I don't watch a lot of tv, though my wife does, but I have a couple of shows that I've been loving.

Just got in to Orphan Black last year, and am so excited that the new season just started on Saturday.

Also, my wife made me watch Lip Sync Battle, which I think is based off some of the skits that Jimmy Fallon does on his show, and before i knew it we'd watched the first 5 episodes and were disappointed to find that we were all caught up.

Of course Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Empire are some more that are on heavy rotation at our household.

#426 detectiveconan16   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5396 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Watched the "Mirror, Mirror" episode of Star Trek last night. Watched the fan continuation of that episode today. Damn good tv.

Batsugunner.png

#427 Burning Karma   Shepard of Fire CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Mortal Kombat X
XONE

Burning Karma

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

Also, my wife made me watch Lip Sync Battle, which I think is based off some of the skits that Jimmy Fallon does on his show, and before i knew it we'd watched the first 5 episodes and were disappointed to find that we were all caught up.

It's ludicrous how much my girlfriend and I have enjoyed this. Fun show.

Twitter | Last.fm

Burning+Karma.png
Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light
Death is riding into town with armor

They've come to grant you your rights

#428 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6726 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

I can't believe they're bringing back Full House...

#429 detectiveconan16   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5396 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:15 PM

Why god why? Bring back Punky Brewster while you're at it. How about Teen Angel?

Batsugunner.png

#430 ygoloib  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:29 AM

just started watching salem (wgn america) season 2 online. Didn't watch season 1 but season 2 has fascinated me.

Wu Tang is for the children

#431 detectiveconan16   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5396 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

Dammit I thought I was the only one with Topanga's number. Gonna miss Fresh Off the Boat, considering how ABC is dragging its heels.

Batsugunner.png

#432 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   1938 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

Currently up to episode 8 of Daredevil. I am enjoying the show a lot so far, never read any comics just familiar with the character from cartoons and such. Hope to finish it this weekend.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

752870.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#433 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

Currently up to episode 8 of Daredevil. I am enjoying the show a lot so far, never read any comics just familiar with the character from cartoons and such. Hope to finish it this weekend.

Just finished it about 40 minutes ago. I liked it, as as I like Arrow I think it could definitely take some cues from daredevil to stick to a decent, concise story arc. 

Hoping season 2 can up the action - didn't like how much of it was off screen.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif