Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw was Good

Hannibal was my favourite new show last year. Looks gorgeous in high def. Season 2 should be equally brilliant.
The more I watch it the more I'm shocked this was on network TV (just finished episode 7). I'm watching it on Amazon Instant Streaming HD and yeah the scenes where Will goes and reimagines the killing's looking especially good with all the small touches. I'm trying to go through it all before season two starts next week. Also I'm glad that though it may not be a rating's juggernaut, that every network was ready and willing to pick it up simply because of international market and such as well. Also that angel kill was one of the most original and brutal things I've seen in awhile.

The more I watch it the more I'm shocked this was on network TV (just finished episode 7). I'm watching it on Amazon Instant Streaming HD and yeah the scenes where Will goes and reimagines the killing's looking especially good with all the small touches. I'm trying to go through it all before season two starts next week. Also I'm glad that though it may not be a rating's juggernaut, that every network was ready and willing to pick it up simply because of international market and such as well. Also that angel kill was one of the most original and brutal things I've seen in awhile.
My sentiments exactly. What I like is that like breaking bad, nearly everything is relevant and has a purpose. I wouldn't class any of it as filler. No offense to Anthony Hopkins but I think that Mads might be my favourite Hannibal. I just like how suave he his, hiding the monster behind a cunning and sophisticated front.

Hannibal is back? Wow I didn't even know that. I don't see subway ads unless I'm literally on the train.  Rumors are saying they're trying to get David Tennant (who lost the titular role to Mads) AND David Bowie! As well as the Pushing Daisies cast, which is freaky.

Damn Pushing Daisies, you reminded me I have the first season on dvd. Purchased it round about 3 years ago and need to get round to watching it.  It's by the same showrunner as Hannibal right?

Currently plowing through season 2 of person of interest, such a badass show. For some reason I think Jim Caviezel could make for a decent Dr Strange.  

Finished Hannibal season 1 a few days ago. Yeah, I'm ready for season 2. So many of those images in that show are so beautifully haunting that it still blows my mind this show is on network TV.

I am glad the new girl Ellie Bishop on NCIS isn't just a re-hash of Kate and Ziva. The whole "badass female fighter who has no humor and argues with Tony all the time" was getting really dull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Transformers Prime. Had never seen Season 3 or Predacons Rising. I did had some qualms with the series, bit it was overall awesome.

Forgot for a moment this is my sad tv year and then syfy had to remind me. Warehouse 13's final season is about to start

Sons of Anarachy - I'm giving up after the second episode Season 1. The main guy, while good looking is not as cool as I thought he would be, it's like he's trying too hard with his delivery and dialogue. Seems to me he's trying to fit in with the real gangsters and he doesn't have that aggressiveness to hang with the big boys.

Nip/Tuck - Liking it so far with Season 2, i'm aware people have said Season 3 is where it started to go downhill but I'll judge myself if it's worth continuing.

Well as expected, True Detective could never live up to expectations for an epic finale but I'm fine with that.  The journey itself was worth the ride and made for an incredible series so far.  BTW, could anyone understand what Rust said at the end?  I replayed it like 10 times and still couldn't even make out a word the way the slurred and mumbled it all.

Well as expected, True Detective could never live up to expectations for an epic finale but I'm fine with that. The journey itself was worth the ride and made for an incredible series so far. BTW, could anyone understand what Rust said at the end? I replayed it like 10 times and still couldn't even make out a word the way the slurred and mumbled it all.
That's why I always use subtitles

Enjoyed the preview of the TMNT crossover with the original series, though Don's and Leo's voices sound very different from the 80's. The actual animation, though, is way worse than Turtles Forever (which I hope gets a mythology gag but I am not counting on it since Nick hates the 2K3 series).

Ben 10 - Has a lot of stinkers, especially early on, but is still pretty fun and the aliens have excellent variety. Plus, lots of Steve Blum.

The Blacklist is a very good show that's picked up the last few episodes. It's definitely worth checking out if you're into dramas.
Yeah, it's great. I'm glad NBC is actually sticking with it. It's already been renewed for a second season. I've been burned too many times by getting attached to an NBC show and then having them cancel it.

Ben 10 Alien Force - Not as bad as I remember it, and it actually had some good parts. Kevin, despite being nothing like the first series incarnation, was easily the best character on the show, while many of the aliens (Big Chill, Lodestar, and especially Rath, who, if you never watched the show, is basically the fusion of Hulk Hogan and Wolverine wearing a Tony the Tiger outfit) were great. However, the Highbreed plot was bad, Vilgax was worst, and I hated Swampfire and Jetray.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 4 - Meh, it was better than the Noah saga, but still pretty bad.

Whose Line is it Anyway? - Still far and away the best show on television.

pitfallharry219 said:
Yeah, it's great. I'm glad NBC is actually sticking with it. It's already been renewed for a second season. I've been burned too many times by getting attached to an NBC show and then having them cancel it.
Same here. I still believe The Event deserved a second season on NBC. If not, at least on another network like there was talks of it going to SyFy. But yeah I'm with you and sticking to the Blacklist as long as NBC does.

so, with the How I Met Your Mother finale getting a lot of bad reviews I 'm curious what you guys consider to be some of the worst TV finales of all time?

I used to think Sopranos but I read a fantastic breakdown of the finale (that really pulled in from not only the entire series but also a significant analysis of the entire last season, both parts) that had me convinced that the ending was in no way a cliffhanger or ambiguous.

I'll definitely agree with Dexter though, just an absolute copout of an ending.

I also wanna add how atrocious Dexter's final season was. Started off pretty strong, and then characters started doing things they normally would never do just to push plot along the way they wanted the story to go. It was an absolute trainwreck.

We're all better off pretending the end of Season 4 is the series finale. It's a natural ending anyway.

Power Rangers SPD - I only saw the first handful of episodes before Disney moved it off ABC Family, but it actually wasn't that bad. One thing that stood out to me were the sets. The Fox seasons had fairly large sets that served multiple uses but when the show moved to New Zealand they drastically reduced the size of them. Compare the 2-story clock tower of Time Force with the single room bases of Ninja Storm and DinoThunder that had just enough room for the cast and cameras. SPD, meanwhile, uses a lot of open outdoor locations and apparently rented out a convention center for the base as it is huge and had a lot of good wide shots.

EDIT - Wow. I think this was the first episode of Whose Line without Ryan in almost 20 years. Luckily they called in reinforcements in the form of Jeff Davis and Greg Proops.

Whose Line > Game of Thrones

Power Rangers Mystic Force - Linkara hit the nail on the head. When the show focused on the non-Nick Rangers, the show was decent. When it didn't, it was bland at best. The villains sucked and their plans made no sense. Not helped by the subplots that disappeared and reappeared haphazardly and a theme song that sucked horribly yet was somehow not the worst one in the franchise.

I'm going to miss Raising Hope, at least it's going to syndication heaven one day, though I was hoping for six seasons and a movie. Maybe they should've lobbied for a channel move.

bread's done
Back