30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this at Big Lots today, only the $18.88 games were 30% off. Decided to go to another one on my way home and was told (with way too much attitude) "We do not need to participate in inventory trimming sales, we have a significant turnover rate for all of our inventory." I figure this is like all Big Lots clearance: completely random.

Speaking as an employee.. since we get low quality titles, certain stores are going to stop stocking video games. My manager didn't share if it was all stores or just some though.

Damn I was actually running around and passed Big Lots and said to myself "Hmm I haven't been in Big Lots lately. Maybe I should stop talking to myself."

Mine had the clearance but I didn't even look twice...$18.88 - 30% is still way too expensive for how cheap I could or could have found the games recently.  Selection is a joke, too.

Thx OP. Wasn't intending on stopping at Big Lots but I remembered I seen your post. I did pick Binary Domain 360 and Yakuza Dark Souls for $7 each. The $18.88 games wasn't worth it except for Dirt 3 PS3.

I almost grabbed a Tetris Axis for 3DS the other day, but apparently people still prefer the DS iteration.  Since I still own it, I passed.

Pretty much the only thing that piqued my interest in the handful of stores I have visited.

I went back tonight and got Professor Layton and the Unwound Future for $10.50.  I've never played a PL game, but it's 14.99 used at Gamestop.

Went to my local Big Lots just to see if this existed and thankfully and surprisingly, it did :). They had a bunch of games, mostly lower budget titles (PS3, Wii, DS and XBOX 360) and shovelware. Some disney titles too ("Up" and some others).

They had lots of copies each of games like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe for PS3, Midway: Arcade Orgins for PS3, Need For Speed: The Run (XBOX 360), etc. And even a decent amount of Super Mario Galaxy's! ("Selects" versions).

This is what I picked up, all $10 w/the red star stamped on each one and all games on the rack were an additional 30% off, taken off at the register during checkout:

1. Shinobi 3DS

2. Reel Fishing: Paradise 3DS

3. Cubic Ninja 3DS

4. Tom Clancy's: Spinter Cell 3DS

5. James Noir's: Hollywood Crimes 3DS

$7 each. Not bad.. not bad at all! lol. A steal for the price I think! :D. They also had Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3DS but this one was stickered $18.88, so I passed on it as I'm sure I'll find it cheaper elsewhere. Definitely worth checking out your local Big Lots if you can!

I go there just for the peanut brittle mmmmmmmmm~

I don't buy games there though outside times where they have the 50% off sales. got bejeweled blitz and professor layton diabolical box there for 4 bucks each.

I go there just for the peanut brittle mmmmmmmmm~
A few years ago I went in an old Roses store and came across a NIB N64 game. NBA Live 99? I don't recall which year.

Anyway so I took it to the register to see how much it was out of curiosity. Of course didn't ring up due to age. So she decided fair price for a 10 year old game is a box of peanut brittle which was a $1.

She let me have the peanut brittle and the game for $1.07 out the door lol.

Honestly didn't know Big Lots had clearance since the STORE ITSELF is essentially clearance...

Maybe be worth for me to check out together if/when I get out later.

You can find alot of good deals in Big Lots.  I bought gta4 with the two expansions and Batman AC for less than 10 dollars.  Join their card and they send you coupons like every other day.  I used the 30% off and a 5/15 one in the same visit.

Just the like the above poster posted, everything in the store with the red sticker is 50%(today only). I picked up Yakuza 4 for $9.44 and Top Spin 4(360) for $5. Everything else I already have or had.

edit-looks like a permanent 50%

Just the like the above poster posted, everything in the store with the red sticker is 50%(today only). I picked up Yakuza 4 for $9.44 and Top Spin 4(360) for $5. Everything else I already have or had.
Haha, I just got back from my local big lots and was checking to see if you guys were aware of this, absolutely fantastic sale.

50% today only? Does it go back to 30% tomorrow?
it ends today but tomorrow is extra 20% off everything so it becomes 20% off the 30% price. Saturday is only for Buzz Rewards members. Just sign up for one if you don't have one.

example: 50% = $18.88 × 0.50 = ($9.44)
30% then 20% = $18.88 × 0.30 = $13.22 × 0.20 = ($10.58)

I stopped back in today, Saturday, and all games were now 50% off. Today only club members get an additional 20% off all purchases including clearance. I picked up Lego Harry Potter years 1-4 and Yakuza Dead Souls for $4 each. $10-50%-20%=$4 I wish I had waited until today to get Professor Layton and Hitman.

Layton was red star stickered for $15. Ended up paying $6
My Big Lots didn't sticker everything correctly, but I got the same deal today for Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $6
(50% off then 20% off for rewards members). Thanks for the heads up OP.

I managed to get Splinter Cell 3Ds($4),Guitar Hero 2/Aerosmith 2 pack($4),and Proffesor Layton Unwound Future($6). I also managed to find some workout equipment for $2 and $5.

Went to another Big Lots and got Rayman 3Ds for $4 and I almost bought Golden Sun for the DS but Its one of those games that Im not gonna play.

So yeah, I went to my Big Lots, and the shelf was bare other than some mma game for xbox and kung zhu for the ds. Clerk said some guy came in earlier and dropped $500 clearing out their video game section. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

So yeah, I went to my Big Lots, and the shelf was bare other than some mma game for xbox and kung zhu for the ds. Clerk said some guy came in earlier and dropped $500 clearing out their video game section. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
lol, damn.

I picked up Rayman 3D, Cubic Ninja, Splinter Cell 3D, Resident Evil 5, and Dream Collection…all for $4 each.

I signed up for the BL Buzz Club the other night, but didnt feel like driving to other side of town for 20% off, so I went to a pawn shop and got Halo 4 for $6 lol

Did a return on what I got a few days ago and rebought the same titles as part of this sale. So this is my haul:

Namco Museum DS $5.15

Plant's Vs. Zombies DS w/slipcover $7.55

Lego Chima: Laval's Journey DS $7.55

Cars 1 DS $5.15

Tetris Axis 3DS $6.00

Ben10 Galactic Racing DS $5.15

The Amazing Spiderman DS $7.55

Michael Jackson: The Experience DS $6.00

Professor Layton: Unwound DS $6.00

NCAA Football 2011 PS3 $3.19

Grand Theft Auto IV PS3 (Greatest Hits) $7.55

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit PS3 (Greatest Hits) $7.55

Super Mario Galaxy Wii (Nintendo Selects) $7.55

Midway: Arcade Origins PS3 $7.55

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3DS $7.55

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3DS $4.00

Reel Fishing: Paradise 3DS $4.00

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes 3DS $4.00

Cubic Ninja 3DS $4.00

Shinobi 3DS $4.00

Still not sure on the ones that are bolded and underlined. I'm gonna watch some gameplay on YT and if they don't interest me or turn out that great I'll return them, unopened within 30 days.

And score to those who found Rayman 3D and Golden Sun DS at yours. I would have loved to pick up those two for $4.00 each :/

God damn it! I was literally right next to a Big Lots today and thought to myself, "huh, they never have any good deals!" Might go check this out tomorrow.

DreamCAST Collection, sorry for the typo
That would have been an AMAZING deal if it was! haha.

There was an extra 20% off to members I believe from Fri-Sat.
Yep! It was $10.00, then 50% off, bringing it down to $5.00. And then they took the additional 20% off of the $5.00 itself, making it $4.00.

They didn't take the full 70% off of the $10.00 all at once, which admittedly at first, I thought they were going to do, making it $3.00.

It's kinda like how Best Buy applies whatever store discount first, then the GCU 20% off ;). No complaints though! lol.

Plant's Vs. Zombies DS w/slipcover $7.55

Lego Chima: Laval's Journey DS $7.55

Cars 1 DS $5.15

Ben10 Galactic Racing DS $5.15

The Amazing Spiderman DS $7.55

Michael Jackson: The Experience DS $6.00

Grand Theft Auto IV PS3 (Greatest Hits) $7.55

After checking out some gameplay footage, I plan on returning these ones. Lego Chima, The Amazing Spiderman and the Michael Jackson Experience look and seem much better in their "3DS" formats.

The others are either terrible IMO or I just don't care for more than I thought I would (GTAIV).

Still deciding on whether I want to keep Plants Vs. Zombies though. The quality of the music sounds great for audio coming from a DS title, namely this one which caught my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GebHOYRHUe8

Other than that and not finding Rayman 3D or Golden Sun DS, I'm satisfied with my findings :)

bread's done
Back