30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Shinobi yesterday as it was one of only two copies left... was tempted to snag Splinter Cell 3d, but they had a ton of copies of it and I can wait for another markdown for that 

That said, I still couldn't bring myself to buy the Michael Phelps Kinect game. Is there DLC for that one that includes a bong mini-game?
That'd be awesome. I want to find that game just so I can laugh at friends and family flailing about like fish out of water.

Just tried the same Big Lots as I did yesterday. As it turns out, Plants vs Zombies is the only game not ringing up at half off and that was the only one I tried yesterday. 

Just bought Shinobi (3DS), Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS) and FEAR 3 (360) all for about $15 after tax. They had some other games floating around (Sing Star, Halo 3, GTA IV, WWE 12, etc) but nothing that struck me as a good deal. 

Not much at my local Big Lots.  They had some games like Starfy and Kirby's Epic Yarn that I've owned for years now at $6 apiece.  And while I'm not a 360 owner, they had some pretty great selections there, including Star Wars TFU, PvZ, and Dead Space II.

I did decide to go ahead and pick up Resident Evil Archives for $5, it'll be my first Resident Evil game, and if nothing else waving around the wiimote to aim should be fun.

It's not much of a bargain, but it's something.  Thanks OP!

Last edited:
Checked a Big Lots today, I got :360: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and :360: Midnight Los Angeles Complete Edition for 9.44. I didn't see any games with the red sticker. I wanted to get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition (also $9.44) but I think its a horror shooter, so I passed.

Saw a bunch of other games with no price tag or red sticker, I didn't pay attention to the DS and Wii games:

:360:
Dead Island GOTY
Halo 3
Halo Wars Platinum Hits
Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Hunted
Shadowrun
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Dragon Age II
Midway Arcade Origins

:ps3:
Hitman Absolution
Yakuza Dead Souls
Mass Effect 3
Dead Space 2
Saits Row The

I wanted to get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition (also $9.44) but I think its a horror shooter, so I passed.
Lost Planet =/= horror shooter IMHO

It's a third person shooter (+ mechs!) and you're targeting aliens, but I don't recall any horror elements.

Sky Ray, they may not have had the red stickers, but the $9.44 price means they were indeed 50% off. 

Lost Planet =/= horror shooter IMHO

It's a third person shooter (+ mechs!) and you're targeting aliens, but I don't recall any horror elements.
Okay maybe I have that confused with Lost Planet 3? I don't know. If it has mech action, is it worth getting to play?

Sky Ray, they may not have had the red stickers, but the $9.44 price means they were indeed 50% off.
There was a sign on top of the rack that stated to look for red sticker games for 50% off.

Checked a Big Lots today, I got :360: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and :360: Midnight Los Angeles Complete Edition for 9.44. I didn't see any games with the red sticker. I wanted to get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition (also $9.44) but I think its a horror shooter, so I passed.

Saw a bunch of other games with no price tag or red sticker, I didn't pay attention to the DS and Wii games:

Dead Island GOTY
Halo 3
Halo Wars Platinum Hits
Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Hunted
Shadowrun
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Dragon Age II
Midway Arcade Origins

Hitman Absolution
Yakuza Dead Souls
Mass Effect 3
Dead Space 2
Saits Row The
Which So Cal big lots did you go to

There was a sign on top of the rack that stated to look for red sticker games for 50% off.
The "red star" is just a stamp, a red ink stamp. All the games at my Big Lots were 50% off (manager said so), but the star was only visible on a fraction of them. On the games that did have the star, it was really faint and smudged, so odds are they just have crappy stamps or something that other stores might not go to the trouble to apply :) haha

I got Shinobi, Splinter Cell 3D, and Resi Evil 4 (wii). $5 each.

Okay maybe I have that confused with Lost Planet 3? I don't know. If it has mech action, is it worth getting to play?

If you like snow-covered visuals, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, the gameplay mechanics are just okay. My biggest pet peeve was that your guy cannot look straight up, making it a pain in the ass to kill flying enemies.

Also, keep in mind that this is a game where you have to keep moving and killing in order to collect heat so your guy doesn't freeze to death.

Has anyone played Cubic Ninja on 3DS? Is it terrible? It's made by AQ Interactive, which is best known for Vampire Rain on 360, which isn't the best pedigree.

so anybody looking for certain games, let me know and I can trade for some stuff that is not in my area (Anarchy Reigns, Super Mario Galaxy, Prof Layton)

The amount of Splinter Cell 3DS I saw today was mind blowing- no less than 33 copies :drool:

Found for 5 a piece

Silent Hill HD 360

Syndicate 360

Fallout 3 GOTY PS3

Binary Domain PS3

Shinobi 3DS

this particular store had some interesting stuff- Dead Space 2, Left 4 Dead GOTY amongst other stuff. Lots of games still to my surprise.

thanks OP, going to check the one by my office tomorrow before work

Buying 15 bad games just because they are cheap and you are scared that you might miss out...then later realizing they are garbage so you make a post saying "maybe I don't want them".
I'm pretty sure I listed seven I was unsure about. Three of which I decided weren't worth it at the end of the day because I found out that their 3DS versions were superior and I would rather own those instead. Another one I decided was worth keeping and the another three, not worth keeping.

If I pick some things up and decide I don't want them or they aren't worth it to me anymore, what's the big deal? There's a reason stores offer returns on merchandise. Returning a few items doesn't exactly make you a hoarder.

What's with you?

so anybody looking for certain games, let me know and I can trade for some stuff that is not in my area (Anarchy Reigns, Super Mario Galaxy, Prof Layton)

The amount of Splinter Cell 3DS I saw today was mind blowing- no less than 33 copies :drool:

Found for 5 a piece

Silent Hill HD 360

Syndicate 360

Fallout 3 GOTY PS3

Binary Domain PS3

Shinobi 3DS

this particular store had some interesting stuff- Dead Space 2, Left 4 Dead GOTY amongst other stuff. Lots of games still to my surprise.

thanks OP, going to check the one by my office tomorrow before work
I want Silent hill, how come its for 5 a piece i thought they were just 50 percent off

Found Mahjong Cub3D (3DS) for $5 tonight. One I've been wanting for nearly two years now but never got around to picking up. I completely forgot that this was published by Atlus! :D

Picked up Shinobi 3DS for $5 as well. Clerk there confirmed that Big Lots is indeed going to stop carrying video games, and that what they will have will probably take another price cut - just a matter of when.

I might have to go back and pick up a couple others. Passed on Professor Layton, LoZ: Spirit Tracks, Plants vs. Zombies and some others (I remember seeing GTA IV, GTA Liberty City, and one of the first two Arkham games for PS3 as well) for now, anyways. Quite a decent selection.

Mine is pretty well cleaned out. I wonder if I should go "hoard" all of the Michael Phelps games that are left.  By the way, I forgot to mention in the OP that there are Tony Hawk games with boards and a PS3 tablet thing (I think it's U Draw) with game that are also half off, but aren't on the same rack at my Big Lots.

Picked up Shinobi 3DS for $5 as well. Clerk there confirmed that Big Lots is indeed going to stop carrying video games, and that what they will have will probably take another price cut - just a matter of when.

I might have to go back and pick up a couple others. Passed on Professor Layton, LoZ: Spirit Tracks, Plants vs. Zombies and some others (I remember seeing GTA IV, GTA Liberty City, and one of the first two Arkham games for PS3 as well) for now, anyways. Quite a decent selection.
How much was Spirit Tracks going for? If you go back, I'd be willing to buy it off of you or trade for it.

Didn't see this thread. Stopped at Big Lots (Culver City, CA) after a haircut for what ended up being a variety of nuts (wasabi peas, soy nuts, pumpkin seeds). Saw the "red-star sale." Most of the games don't have actual price tags.

Brought Yakuza: Dead Souls up to the register. To my delight, it was only $5. Snagged it.

Other games they had, off the top of my head (don't know the prices):

Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil (Archives) Wii

UFC 3

Mortal Kombat Komplete

Splinter Cell 3DS

Cubic Ninja (x40)

Syndicate

The "red star" is just a stamp, a red ink stamp. All the games at my Big Lots were 50% off (manager said so), but the star was only visible on a fraction of them. On the games that did have the star, it was really faint and smudged, so odds are they just have crappy stamps or something that other stores might not go to the trouble to apply :) haha
I see, odd part was none of the games have the usual price tag on them. I guess they brought everything from the back room to the front to sale off.

If you like snow-covered visuals, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, the gameplay mechanics are just okay. My biggest pet peeve was that your guy cannot look straight up, making it a pain in the ass to kill flying enemies.

Also, keep in mind that this is a game where you have to keep moving and killing in order to collect heat so your guy doesn't freeze to death.
Thanks, I think I'll get it if its still around and drops again.

Stopped back in and made a quick list of more notable/odd things they had (ignored games like My Little Pony, Garfield, Megamind, Penguins of Madagascar and other movie/TV-baesd games):

YMMV - Extremely

(these prices INCLUDE the 50% off already taken)

Army of Two: 40th Day - $9.44

Binary Domain - $5

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $9.44

Dead Island GOTY - $9.44

Dead Space 2 - $9.44

Dreamcast Collection - $5

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Libery City - $9.44

Halo 3 - $9.44

Halo Wars - $9.44

Need for Speed The Run - $9.44

Sonic Free Riders - $9.44

Supremacy MMA - $6.44

Tony Hawk Shred - $3.99

Top Spin 4 - $5

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine - $5

Anarchy Reigns - $5

Arkham City GOTY - $9.44

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $5

Battlefield 3 - $9.44

Bulletstorm - $9.44

F1 2010 - $3.99

F1 Race Stars - $5

Fear 3 - $3.99

Grand Theft Auto IV - $9.44

Hitman Absolution - $6.44

Midway Arcade Origins - $9.44

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $9.44

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $9.44

NHL '11 - $3.99

Red Faction Armageddon - $6.44

Saints Row the Third - $9.44

Shift 2 Unleashed - $9.44

Timeshift - $3.99

W '12 - $9.44

Yakuza Dead Souls - $5

:wii:

Wii Party w/ Wii Remote - $12.50

Stars Wars Episode III: The Clone Wars - $9.44

:ds:

Drawn to Life: The Next Chaper - $7.50

Kung Zhu - $5

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $7.50

Lego Chima: Laval's Journey - $9.44

Michael Jackson's the Experience - $7.50

Plants vs. Zombies - $9.44

Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs - $7.50

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - $7.50

Sonic Classic Collection - $9.44

:3ds:

Cubic Ninja - $5

Mahjong Cub3d - $5

Puzzler World 2012 - $5

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D - $5

How much was Spirit Tracks going for? If you go back, I'd be willing to buy it off of you or trade for it.
$7.50. Only reason I didn't immediately buy it is that my sister already owns the game (I think...need to double check on that).

Thanks for the info, I couldn't find any Anarchy Reigns copies for the PS3, but I did manage to get Hitman: Absolution. If they do decide to do a bigger discount, then I'll probably grab Yakuza: Dead Souls and Shadows of the Damned

Went to another Big Lots, grabbed Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3ds for $5 and Shinobi since that seems to be a popular choice among the posts in this thread.

Picked up Yakuza DS Mario Galaxy and Legends of WrestleMania. No Anarchy Reigns though. 2 stores in 2 days with 2 different inventories. And I still have 2 more in the immediate area to go to, so I hope I can find it and LOZ/Pokémon.

I will trade/buy a copy of AR to anyone whom finds it, got a bunch of games in the last two days and will go back for more if need be. PM me what you are looking for.

If anyone can pick up RE Archives for me for $5 + tax/shipping/etc please PM me. It wasn't at the one near me. They didn't have the Dreamcast collection or Professor Layton or Pokemon Ranger or anything really.

Stopped by 2 other Big Lots this evening. One (the furthest out of my way without being inconvenient) had almost nothing tagged and the items were either not interesting or duplicates. The second one resulted in being tagged entirely and I found a few more items:

Ace Combat Assault Authorization - $5

Lost Planet - $9.44

Mass Effect 3 - $9.44

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - $9.44

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $9.44

Prototype 2 - $5

Rage Anarchy Edition - $5

Red Faction Armageddon - $5

They also had DJ Hero (with turntable) for Playstation 2 for $10.

I'm not against picking up the games and selling them for the price (+shipping, taxes, and maybe another buck or two for my troubles...?) if someone isn't having any luck and particularly wants one. I just don't plan on making 20 purchases at Big Lots over the next few days if I can help it.

Picked up Yakuza DS Mario Galaxy and Legends of WrestleMania. No Anarchy Reigns though. 2 stores in 2 days with 2 different inventories. And I still have 2 more in the immediate area to go to, so I hope I can find it and LOZ/Pokémon.

I will trade/buy a copy of AR to anyone whom finds it, got a bunch of games in the last two days and will go back for more if need be. PM me what you are looking for.
Are you looking for AR on 360 or PS3?

Pretty much cleaned up my local Big Lots:

:3ds:

Shinobi - $5

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $5

Ace Combat Assault Horizon - $5

Batman Arkham City GOTY - $9.44

Saints Row the Third - $9.44

Yakuza Dead Souls - $5

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition - $5!

Confirmed with Big Lots folks they are doing away with all video games.  Said there may be another markdown in the next week or two but no guarantee.

If anyone has an extra copy of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe they wanna trade or part with let me know.  It's the only other title I need.

Are you looking for AR on 360 or PS3?
either or. i would prefer PS3 though since its free to download the bayonetta dlc (me thinks)

stopped at the one closest to campus today, nothing of note except mass effect 2though (hadnt seen it yet) and re archives which, for some reason, was not sealed.

one more after class, heres hoping!

Went today.  It was obvious this store hadn't restocked any games post-holidays.  Didn't have Dreamcast Collection I was hoping for but I hadn't seen it there before anyway.

Bought Ivy the Kiwi?, iSpy Spooky Mansion, and some puzzle game for 3ds.

I also found Ivy the Kiwi WII today for $5 and a wireless speed wheel for Xbox 360 for $9.  Also, I picked up a set of jumper cables for $5, a Moen kitchen faucet for $25, and a four pack of car air fresheners for $1.  Don't forget to check out other parts of the store for %50 off.

either or. i would prefer PS3 though since its free to download the bayonetta dlc (me thinks)

stopped at the one closest to campus today, nothing of note except mass effect 2though (hadnt seen it yet) and re archives which, for some reason, was not sealed.

one more after class, heres hoping!
Got it for you, man. PS3

If anyone has extras in their town.....

I'm looking for a copy of these, willing to pay price + shipping cost! Or trade for something on my list (Please be reasonable)

PS3 

Yakuza Dead souls

Binary Domain 

Midway Arcade Origins

Ace Combat Assault Horizon

Dreamcast Collection

Left 4 Dead GOTY

Ace Combat Assault Authorization, damn!

I'm looking for a copy of Yakuza Dead souls, Binary Domain for PS3, if anyone finds one I can pay up to $10 shipped!
I have Binary Domain, do you have a list I can check? PM me with one or we can work out a payment.

At the last Big Lots I went to today, found another copy of Shinobi if any one needs one. Prefer to trade.

Also found a NDS Pokémon Black and White Hardcover Case kit with a cloth and something else. Keep your eyes open folks

Also, saw a LE Perfect Dark Zero for 5 bucks. thought that was strange

I have Binary Domain, do you have a list I can check? PM me with one or we can work out a payment.

At the last Big Lots I went to today, found another copy of Shinobi if any one needs one. Prefer to trade.

Also found a NDS Pokémon Black and White Hardcover Case kit with a cloth and something else. Keep your eyes open folks

Also, saw a LE Perfect Dark Zero for 5 bucks. thought that was strange
I bought a copy of the Le Perfect Dark today. Couldn't resist.

Picked up the following:

:3ds: Mahjong Cub3d $5
:ps3: Stuntman Ignition $5
:ps3: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-8 $5
:ds: Professor Layton & The Unwound Future $7.50

I am willing to trade the Layton game for something else (looking for Pokemon Ranger or a few others).

I did stop at a 2nd Big Lots & saw a few new titles, including :360: UFC Undisputed 3, :pS3: Mass Effect 2 & 3 for $9.44.

If anyone can pick up RE Archives for me for $5 + tax/shipping/etc please PM me. It wasn't at the one near me. They didn't have the Dreamcast collection or Professor Layton or Pokemon Ranger or anything really.
Damn. I should have read this post. Anyway, there was like 5 copies of that RE Archives, 4 copies RE 4.

I picked up RE Archives at kmart long ago when it was $6, which is why I didnt get it. Here is what I got today

Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 $5

Resident EVil 4 Wii Edition $5

yakuza dead souls ps3 $5

gabrielle ghostly groove 3d $5

For a first timer at big lots, three of the games had the $10, but when scan, it does it automatic at the register. So there is no manager override. I was really looking for I am number 4 blu ray and silent hill HD xbox 360, but no luck. When i took the 3 games to the counter, the lady was nice and said oh we have this $5 game and it was Yakuza dead souls ps3. I dont even have a ps3, but Im hoping a price drop soon on ps3.

I hope a fellow CAG would help u out. For anyone looking, it is in Woodbridge, va

The third Big Lots I went to had the best display (the others just had a little bucket with games) and the biggest selection. Sadly, they didn't have anything I was interested in. Can't find that Spirit Tracks!

ULaRuDx.jpg

bread's done
Back