30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, today I found and grabbed:

Golden Sun DS 4.00

Professor Layton Unwound Future 7.50

Shinobi 3ds 5.00

Midway Arcade X360 9.50

Battlefield 3  PS3 9.50

Hitman Absolution PS3 6.50

Grabbed a copy of Pokemon Ranger: Guardian signs for my girlfriend. $6 after the 50% and my employee discount, also got Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter for the same amount. Today we stocked some Intec Wii Racing Wheels for $0.50--was pleasantly surprised when I grabbed three and they rang up as a quarter apiece.

Still deciding on whether I want to keep Plants Vs. Zombies though. The quality of the music sounds great for audio coming from a DS title, namely this one which caught my attention:
The DS port of PvZ is actually pretty great (coming from someone who owns it on ps3, pc, and vita, as well). It even has a some DS-exclusive minigames. My only real complaint is a bit of slowdown here and there when there's a ton of stuff on the screen.

I missed out on the extra 20% on saturday but picked up a few games today:

Shinobi  $5

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove $5

I found the display for Wii Resident Evil 4 but they didn't have it, they actually had Resident Evil Archives for $5 which I was happier with finding.

Picked up the following for $4 each on Sat.
Shinobi for 3DS
Rayman 3D for 3DS
Splinter Cell 3D for 3DS
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 for 360

Thanks for posting this.

No red stars at the store I visited. They put up all their games on the floor and there was a 30% sign that gave a weird range of prices I didn't memorize. It was like $8.xx to $18.xx or something. The 50% sign was above it.

No red stars at the store I visited. They put up all their games on the floor and there was a 30% sign that gave a weird range of prices I didn't memorize. It was like $8.xx to $18.xx or something. The 50% sign was above it.
Big Lots seems to have employees who look like they belong on a "Faces of Meth" poster so that isn't too shocking.

I was randomly at a BL yesterday and decided to look at their game section.  Nothing in the normal section that caught my eye, but they had a glass case marked "clearance" in the electronics area & there were a few games in there.  I saw Golden Sun: Dark Dawn with an $8 sale tag on it, no star, so I figured that was the price but that was good enough to me.  But when the lady rang it up it came up as $4.  Even better.  :D

So wait they're all 50% off now or was that the 20 + 30% people were talking about?  Or was this still about Saturday only?  Or... this topic needs a bit of a reset I think with so many different things happening so quickly.

Even though I have a BL a few miles from my house I haven't been yet but would consider it if the clearance has been jumped up to 50%.  Then again don't really need any other games at the moment unless it was something really eye-catching.

Picked up a few on Saturday at 50% + 20% off:

• James Noir's Hollywood Crimes (3DS) - $10 down to $4
  • Ghost Recon (3DS) - $18.XX down to $7.XX
  • Cabela's Big Game Hunter Hunting Party with Gun - Kinect (360) - $15 down to $6
  • Adidas Micoach Kinect - $10 down to $4
The Cabela's gun seems to be pretty high quality. Based on reviews, calibration can be hit or miss. Plan to try it out sometime this week.

Thanks for this post! Hope to see more cool deals at this store because I work right next to one.

What I grabbed at Big Lots (w/o membership FYI):

Professor Layton: Unwound Future (3DS) - $7.50

Shinobi (3DS) - $5

Sonic Colors (Wii) - $9.44

Also picked up Speed Racer on blu-ray for $5. But now I definitely need to cut myself off from spending money. In the last week, between video games and some tv/film dvds, I've probably spent over $200. (Most of that was due to an impulse buy at a local game store and an excellent PSP bundle on eBay.) And I think my Amazon Prime free month ended recently - definitely keeping it.

The Cabela's gun seems to be pretty high quality. Based on reviews, calibration can be hit or miss. Plan to try it out sometime this week.
It depends on the game. I bought my dad a bundle for a present, and I think the game seriously didn't have a calibration setting. So it came with the gun, but you literally couldn't set it up to aim down the sights. You had to basically just use it like a pointer like you were holding a 2 foot long wii remote (or just skip the gun altogether and let it collect dust, which was the easier option). I think the bundle I got him might have been North American Adventures.

So wait they're all 50% off now or was that the 20 + 30% people were talking about? Or was this still about Saturday only? Or... this topic needs a bit of a reset I think with so many different things happening so quickly.

Even though I have a BL a few miles from my house I haven't been yet but would consider it if the clearance has been jumped up to 50%. Then again don't really need any other games at the moment unless it was something really eye-catching.
All red starred clearance was originally 30% off. Now all red starred clearance is 50% off. The additional 20% off was only last Saturday and was only for Buzz Club Members.

Just got back after waiting in line for nearly 15 minutes for none of the games to ring up at half off. All rang at full price. The lady said none of the games had the red star (with the exception of the games bundled with a mic or something) so they were all full price. Had Shinobi, Plants vs Zombies, Golden Sun, and Fear 3. Oh well. 

Everyone should note that the BuzzClub rewards is free and you could sign up right before purchasing the games anyway. Those types of deals come up often for Big Lots but even if they don't, you get some decent coupons from them. So I would just sign up, send it to your junk e-mail, and search for coupons whenever a clearance like this comes up.

I ended up scoring the following:

PS3

Batman Arkham City GOTY ($7.55)

Dragon Age II ($7.55)

Binary Domain ($4) (I didn't expect to like this game but I'm strangely charmed, heh)

Shinobi ($4)
Namco Museum DS ($4)

They also had the following at my Big Lots: Sonic Classic Collection ($9 or so after clearance--I was tempted but I own those games in so many forms already), Amazing Spiderman, Anarchy Reigns $5, Mass Effect 2 and 3 for $7.55 each, GTA IV, GTA LIberrty City Stories, and quite a few Xbox 360 games like Halo 3 and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. They also had Super Mario Galaxy for Wii, Cubic Ninja 3DS. 

I wish mine had Golden Sun, Professor Layton, and Sonic Colors =[! The website said there was also potential for Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Sonic's Genesis Collection for PS3, but no cigar at my Big Lots. But I'm pretty happy with my haul.

Just got back after waiting in line for nearly 15 minutes for none of the games to ring up at half off. All rang at full price. The lady said none of the games had the red star (with the exception of the games bundled with a mic or something) so they were all full price. Had Shinobi, Plants vs Zombies, Golden Sun, and Fear 3. Oh well.
Have them ring it up anyway. It's based on the system, not stickers.

Said I'd report back. Here are the findings:

3DS:
Shinobi - $5

Tetris Axis - $7.50

X360:

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition - $9.44

Rage - $5

Everything sealed.

Saw a bunch more games ranging from $5 - $9.44. What I can remember are below.

PS3:

Battlefield 3

Saints Row The Third

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

GTA4 - Something... (Don't remember the full name - The Expansion)

Split Second

Xboxx 360:

GTA4 - Something... (Don't remember the full name - The Expansion)

You Don't Know Jack

Halo 3

Call Of Duty 2 (Not Modern Warfare or Black Ops. Just #2 in the series)

Minute 2 Win It - Kinect

Michael Phelps game - Kinect

3DS:

some Bratz game

DS:

a bunch of stuff. Nothing memorable.

There others, I can't remember off the top of my head.

I picked up the following after work today:

3DS
Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
Mahjong Cub3D
Puzzler 3D World 2012
Reel Fishing 3D
Splinter Cell 3D

Minute To Win It
Top Spin 4

I'm wondering if anything I've listed is completely terrible, but I had to buy Mahjong Cub3D when I found out it was the newest release in Sunsoft's Shanghai series.

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars rang up as $9.44 for me and $7.50 for Layton. Dunno why, but I passed on both. I saw Dirt 3 for PS3 though, is that worth picking up? I assume it'll be $9.44 like the other $18.88 games. For some reason my Big Lots has all of their games sealed and just chillin on a rack, no display cases or prices or anything like that.

Went to different BL and picked up these for $5 each. I'm pretty happy about the Silent Hill. I'll go back when they drop it past 50%, they had a pretty good selection at this one.

Went to different BL and picked up these for $5 each. I'm pretty happy about the Silent Hill. I'll go back when they drop it past 50%, they had a pretty good selection at this one.

Wow I wish the Big Lots I went to had Silent Hill and Legends of Wrestlemania the only games for PS3 and 360 they had were Halo 3,Mass Effect 3,and Genesis Collection (PS3).

I guess I cant really complain I did get the 3ds games I wanted.

The news that these are going to drop even further in price has me debating returning what I got and waiting for a bigger price drop. I don't see a return/rebuy going smoothly since it seems to be clearance rather than a sale.

Buying 15 bad games just because they are cheap and you are scared that you might miss out...then later realizing they are garbage so you make a post saying "maybe I don't want them".
Sounds like someones upset that they were not able to get Micheal Phelps for the Kinect for $4.

But seriously its their money they can spend it on whatever they want.

FYI, the associate I purchased from offered me a gift receipt so I will be able to return any of the ones that I purchased if they drop again within 30 days. But, as a longtime CAG member, I recommend buying any $5 game that interests you now because there's no guarantee that copies will remain plentiful. In that way, this sale gave me Circuit City flashbacks. With clearances like this one, people tend to buy the cheapest ones up first, so the $9 and up titles will probably remain on the shelves for a while.

That said, I still couldn't bring myself to buy the Michael Phelps Kinect game. Is there DLC for that one that includes a bong mini-game?

bread's done
Back