Free Halo 4 for Xbox 360 through Microsoft App Builder Rewards

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I saw this posted on SlickDeals.net

Halo 4 for Xbox 360 FREE thru Microsoft App Builder Rewards
Just learned about Microsoft's App Builder Rewards. Their tagline is "Code apps. Complete quests. Get Rewards.". Seems like you can get some rewards without actually coding any apps.

Go to https://build.windowsstore.com/rewards and click on Step 1: Sign up for App Builder rewards and get 1,000 just for signing up.

Once you have created your account, do as many of the "Quests" as you can without actually creating any apps and you should have accumulated 3000 points total. This will require that you do the "Student" quest where you change your profile to say you are a student and choose your "school" from a list. You can always change your profile back after earning the points. Basically, use the black navigation bar on bottom of page to find any Quests you have not done already.

Many of the Quests make it sound like you actually have to follow through with something once you go to the linked site, but I got my bonus points by going as far as I could without doing anything major, then returning to the main site (you should then see your bonus total increase).

One of the Rewards is Halo 4 for Xbox 360 for 3000 points. If you do not want this, you can wait to try to earn 500 more points to get a free copy of Windows 8 Pro Upgrade.

Credit goes to kkiran

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks op! got up to 3050 points without doing anything major. gonna get me that halo 4 now haha

just redeemed it, it says to allow 3 weeks for it to get here :)

Snagged it and got my email confirming that it will be here in 1-2 weeks... let's just hope they don't notice it soon and cancel a bunch of request..

Must have just got it before it sold out.

Thanks OP. It worked great for me, finished in about 5 minutes and ordered Halo! Didn't have the game yet so I'm happy.

Bummer, Halo 4 is sold out.

Already have (and love Gears 3), so I guess these points will rot, haha. (Unless I magically can get 5k pts for that 3m Live!)

Damn it I got home at 3 and decided to sleep for a bit and I miss out on free Halo 4. I guess ill just keep checking the site to see if they ever restock.

just completed as many quests as i could and signed up. stuck at about 3050 points. 

if i had more i could of snagged the tango 10 dollar gift card. but,once they restock on halo 4 ill snag that for a friend lol. 

stuck at 2900 now

wont load the witter page

did you guys submit any apps?

if so what link u used?

If anyone could make a Microsoft and get enough to get GOW do it for me, i'd be greatful. I could give whoever does this for me a Maw (xbox 360) code and a few Ms. Splosion Man codes (360)

NVM, you have to have the black bar at the bottom open.

Also, to help anyone out, you don't ACTUALLY have to download Project Siena. Just go to the page.

I can't seem to do the about you quest...

I have 2,850 points, and there are no more quests i can do without doing anything major.

You have to edit and save your info.
I did it multiple times. I added my address, phone number, zip code. Nada. It's obviously bugged.

edit: did it again, and it now works. @Hatty, try it again. They might've fixed it.

Now to patiently wait for the Halo 4 restock lol.

I did it multiple times. I added my address, phone number, zip code. Nada. It's obviously bugged.

edit: did it again, and it now works. @Hatty, try it again. They might've fixed it.

still not working for me

can you explain the steps you did

I had to use IE to get my about you quest to work.

bread's done
Back