Free Halo 4 for Xbox 360 through Microsoft App Builder Rewards

Is it easy to get to 5000 points? I want 3 month Gold.

Edit: Is anyone having trouble getting "Follow @msdev to keep up-to-date on the latest App Builder news." to give you the credits?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody received theirs yet? I logged in today and notice that the points I used for Halo 4 are now back in my account. I did receive a confirmation email when I ordered it originally.

Ordered myself a Windows 8 Pro Upgrade, which is actually the physical product, which makes me very happy. I'm gonna donate it to a fellow student pal of mine here at the University I'm at.

I'm at 3,150 with 5 quests left. They are 4 for app building or submitting and 1 for the dev unleashed event. I assume those with over 3,150 are actually building apps?

I'm at 3,150 with 5 quests left. They are 4 for app building or submitting and 1 for the dev unleashed event. I assume those with over 3,150 are actually building apps?
Nope, we're just extremely patient and meticulous about checking in and seeing if any offers have reset. I'm at 3300 right now, and that's with missing a few check-ins this week.

Edit: Sorry about the double post. Was on mobile when I replied and didn't catch it until today.

Nope, we're just extremely patient and meticulous about checking in and seeing if any offers have reset. I'm at 3300 right now, and that's with missing a few check-ins this week.

Was going to attempt to get Windows 8 but I read that it's pure crap so I might as well try and do umm... No clue...
Windows 8 is GREAT. The only people who bash it are those who cannot handle any kind of change. It takes 10 minutes to figure everything out and from then on its as good as it gets.

Windows 8 is GREAT. The only people who bash it are those who cannot handle any kind of change. It takes 10 minutes to figure everything out and from then on its as good as it gets.
Completely agree 10000%, I hate when people bash it, especially those who haven't actually tried it themselves...

Ordered myself a Windows 8 Pro Upgrade, which is actually the physical product, which makes me very happy. I'm gonna donate it to a fellow student pal of mine here at the University I'm at.
It is not the physical copy. You get a download link and the product key.

Edit: Sorry about the double post. Was on mobile when I replied and didn't catch it until today.
Thanks. That means I will be checking the site more frequently then. :)

I got an email saying that I will receive my order in two weeks via FedEx Ground, which I believe means it is a physical copy.
It's Microsoft. They are probably mailing you a piece of paper with the product key for download.

Just got my Halo 4 today. It came from UPS but in a Fedex envelope.

I did not know UPS delivered on Presidents day.  

Completely agree 10000%, I hate when people bash it, especially those who haven't actually tried it themselves...

I really hated Windows 8! Why? Because as an IT Manager I was forced to have to update a lot of software at work and find new software to handle work that was doing just fine in Windows 7. I won't go into too many details but it was the cause of a lot of headaches. AutoDesk apps are not a cheap product to purchase, not to mention my job is to keep things running as cheap as possible.

As far as for Home use it was ok until Windows 8.1 came out. That is a solid OS.

The Rate an App quest is up again. Another 150 points. Some reason I received 100 pts. last week.

Oh and of course the Windows 8 is sold out. :roll:

I emailed them a few days ago and received a reply of more stock going out:

[SIZE=11pt]Hello XXX,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We have recently received more copies of Halo that are in the process of being mailed out. Your name is on the list and you should receive it soon.[/SIZE]

I got an email saying that I will receive my order in two weeks via FedEx Ground, which I believe means it is a physical copy.
I got mine 4 days ago. It is a card with a download link and a product key. It did come in an envelope that was shipped via Fedex.

[SIZE=11pt]We have recently received more copies of Halo that are in the process of being mailed out. Your name is on the list and you should receive it soon.[/SIZE]
What email address did you send an email to?

well, I don't think they will be restocking it on as a reward as it is not even listed as one anymore. hope you get yours soon!

I would assume it means you can upgrade from prev windows, so I would guess and hope that its can be fully installed with out having win 8 installed
I'm skeptical... as it might just be, upgrade windows 8 to windows pro sorta thing... but if it's a full OS and I can upgrade from windows 7 I'll do it. I need windows 8 for some apps I can't use.

bread's done
Back