* * * * * 3 votes

Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Marvel Puzzle Quest Android Dark Reign F2P

#5161 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:01 PM

What is the highest you guys have gotten a protect/strike/attack tile?

I think I did something similar a long time ago. I don't think it was that high, though.

Issue is, you pretty much only see a crazy high value on protect tiles, as a really high value strike or attack means you start cutting through your enemy pretty quickly.

#5162 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

To see some crazy-strong tiles, use Carol/Medusa/Wasp on a wave node.   Gather blue for Wasp before you use Carol-black and/or wasp-yellow.  

#5163 Thunder Chief   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Thunder Chief

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:32 AM

Well, I came here to post a query about why I was unceremoniously booted from CAGvengers, but it looks like this thread has been left to antiquity... I guess I have to hunt down the Discord account that was started up (apparently, Line is for "old people" now... nobody wanted to join the Line group I created for CAGvengers shortly after I left CAGPvEngers over 2 years ago).

Anyway, if any of you old fogies are still getting notifications from this thread, I hope you are doing well! I sure do miss the lively discussions we used to have on Line. And I still quote Daiches (well, up until today I would) to any new player joining the alliance when they asked about PvP... c'mon, say it with me!...

"In MPQ, PvE is PvP, and PvP is Co-op." Heck, I've used that so many times that SwiftKey on my phone was able to correctly predict the next word once I typed MPQ, LOLOLOL!

Oh, and Sid, I just read your post above, and since I recently championed my Wasp, my Carol is 2/3/5, and my Medusa is 3/5/2, I'm going to try your team recommendation. Thanks!

#5164 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

Well, I came here to post a query about why I was unceremoniously booted from CAGvengers, but it looks like this thread has been left to antiquity... I guess I have to hunt down the Discord account that was started up (apparently, Line is for "old people" now... nobody wanted to join the Line group I created for CAGvengers shortly after I left CAGPvEngers over 2 years ago).

Anyway, if any of you old fogies are still getting notifications from this thread, I hope you are doing well! I sure do miss the lively discussions we used to have on Line. And I still quote Daiches (well, up until today I would) to any new player joining the alliance when they asked about PvP... c'mon, say it with me!...

"In MPQ, PvE is PvP, and PvP is Co-op." Heck, I've used that so many times that SwiftKey on my phone was able to correctly predict the next word once I typed MPQ, LOLOLOL!

Oh, and Sid, I just read your post above, and since I recently championed my Wasp, my Carol is 2/3/5, and my Medusa is 3/5/2, I'm going to try your team recommendation. Thanks!

Hey Thunder Chief!  Looking at CAGvengers, I don't recognize any of the names, so you might not get an answer on why you were dumped on here.

#5165 Thunder Chief   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Thunder Chief

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

Hey Thunder Chief!  Looking at CAGvengers, I don't recognize any of the names, so you might not get an answer on why you were dumped on here.

Hey, gravel! Thanks for the reply!

When broly checked out of MPQ altogether, he left Juggernaut in charge. I'm not sure if he has a presence here or not. But I don't think he was the one who kicked me. I am pretty sure that it was his appointed 2nd, which is Darken. And I know why I was kicked, but not why why, if that makes any sense, lol.

Darken has repeatedly told new members that the two most important things are to check in every day and participate in alliance events. Despite my normal top 10 / top 13 placement in alliance events (which I actually play more of than standard events), I had my lowest showing ever in this weekend's Thanos event. Lots of stuff going on IRL. My transgression was that I failed to notify that I wasn't able to put in much work. I guess some people have a lower threshold of acceptance (or remembering) when it comes to things like this.

When I finally got around to posting some points, I was already booted, ~2h before the event ended. I didn't even realize it until after my first match when I was greeted with my daily login reward and a message telling me that for greater rewards, I should join an alliance. I thought the game was glitching for a second until I figured out what was going on.

Anyway, I just checked and they are back to 19, so I could slide my way back in, but then a question crossed my mind... do I want to? Almost feels like party-crashing.

"What?!? Is that today??? I'm such a dummy with dates..." (C'mon, I couldn't pass that one up!!!)

Maybe I will pop back in for now and see if I change my mind later.

So, where are you at now? I saw Sid is still with stampcollecter. Placed top 20 in Thanos event. Noice!

#5166 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:04 PM

I'm in BattleCatProwl now.  I've been in BattleCats in one alliance or another since I left CAG.  I still play more than I should.

#5167 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:56 AM

Hey, gravel! Thanks for the reply!

When broly checked out of MPQ altogether, he left Juggernaut in charge. I'm not sure if he has a presence here or not. But I don't think he was the one who kicked me. I am pretty sure that it was his appointed 2nd, which is Darken. And I know why I was kicked, but not why why, if that makes any sense, lol.

Hey! : )

Juggernaut does not have a presence here on CAG atm.

I can text him though and ask to help coordinate getting you back in the group though! I can't remember as it has been a long while, is your name Thunder Chief in game as well or was it something different?

And dang yeah last time I was back in Chicago hanging out with Juggernaut he pulled up MPQ and I was like... damn, ya'll are still committed! Haha It is crazy how different the game feels now. I had booted it up for shits and giggles and wowzers. I ended up getting sucked in to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes for quite a few years and got super carried away there. Now I can say the same for the relatively new Disney Heroes Battle Mode. I always say 'stop playing mobile games...' and yet I always find myself back and hooked on SOMETHING : P

I do still love that this thread is still one of the longest game specific threads in all of CAG! We were a good group and I too hope everyone is doing well! : )

#5168 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

I ended up getting sucked in to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes for quite a few years and got super carried away there. Now I can say the same for the relatively new Disney Heroes Battle Mode. I always say 'stop playing mobile games...' and yet I always find myself back and hooked on SOMETHING : P

I just started playing Marvel Battle Lines the other day.  Deep and fun so far, but a huge time suck!

#5169 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

Now I can say the same for the relatively new Disney Heroes Battle Mode. I always say 'stop playing mobile games...' and yet I always find myself back and hooked on SOMETHING : P

Hey, I somehow manage to play both MPQ and Disney Heroes Battle Mode and still find time for work, family and console gaming.

Slacker!

#5170 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:30 PM

Hey, I somehow manage to play both MPQ and Disney Heroes Battle Mode and still find time for work, family and console gaming.

Slacker!

Bahaha I try too!! I have been trying to work on my portfolio way more though because I need to get out to California so it's been gobbling up my time.

What server are you on in Disney? I'm on #2

#5171 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:39 PM

What server are you on in Disney? I'm on #2

I play on #4. Found a pretty chill guild in the first week, and we are in the top 20 on the server.

I like being able to play in small bites without having to dedicate a grind/climb. Probably why I don't play Heist much.

Only down side is I find the game to crash a lot. Not sure if it's the app, iOS, or my older phone. My son plays on Android and doesn't have the same issues.

#5172 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:32 AM

I play on #4. Found a pretty chill guild in the first week, and we are in the top 20 on the server.

I like being able to play in small bites without having to dedicate a grind/climb. Probably why I don't play Heist much.

Only down side is I find the game to crash a lot. Not sure if it's the app, iOS, or my older phone. My son plays on Android and doesn't have the same issues.

Wish I could say I am lax with it! Hahah Like I said I'm on Server #2 so the first non beta test server basically and I am one of the main members in the top guild there.... hahah : P

Heist is super easy with our guys. A Very Hard Heist will take maybe five minutes max.

And I honestly have had maybe one crash every with the game, though I am using a relatively newer Android phone. Must be your phone then, bummer. Time to upgrade! : P

#5173 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:01 AM

I've been languishing in CheapA$$Gamer for a while now, there are only 2 active members at this point.  If anyone has an opening in their alliance I'd like to jump in.  I play every day but I can't always do events.  Let me know if there is any interest.

#5174 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

I've been languishing in CheapA$$Gamer for a while now, there are only 2 active members at this point.  If anyone has an opening in their alliance I'd like to jump in.  I play every day but I can't always do events.  Let me know if there is any interest.

My alliance has a daily-play farm team that has no other requirements. You can apply there if you like, it's called ToxinsRising.

Alternatively, if you are looking for something a little more, or want some help in developing your roster, I would suggest looking at the official forum for alliance recruitment. You can shop for those looking for members and/or post in the big thread of players looking for a place.

Also, gravel is a member of a bigger alliance family. They might have somewhere you could go.

#5175 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:50 AM

Geez, I leave you guys in charge and it all goes to crap?
I've been bouncing back and forth between games and alliances. Tried out marvel strike force, but nothing scratches that itch like puzzle quest.

Looks like maybe I'll just start up another alliance...

Every time I think I've made my way out, they find a way to drag me back in.

#5176 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:08 AM

Can’t believe it took me most of a year to notice the return of DSTigger!

CagPvengers sure was fun while it lasted. I spent time in StampCollector (now KA SCollector), but since Apple Arcade launched I’ve scaled back to only mercing for release & boss events.

Who else is still playing?

#5177 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

I still play regularly, I'm in Eiysium.

CAGvengers has daily players, but not sure anyone actually uses this site.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Puzzle Quest, Android, Dark Reign, F2P