Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Well I have her 5/5/2 right now but after reading that thread I will gladly change her to 3/5/5 if I can ever get more of her black move!
Is re-specing an option now, or are you talking about starting over with a new character and scrapping the old one?

I don't understand what these red crystals are, but I love the simulator with my Ares, Dr. Doom, and Dark Avengers Bullseye Hawkeye all having them at 10x their normal level :)

Accuracy edit: I sold Bullseye Hawkeye when I got him, I've been sporting Modern Hawkeye it turns out. I call him Ugly Hawkeye so there was a bit of confusion on my part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is re-specing an option now, or are you talking about starting over with a new character and scrapping the old one?

I don't understand what these red crystals are, but I love the simulator with my Ares, Dr. Doom, and Dark Avengers Bullseye Hawkeye all having them at 10x their normal level :)
The red crystals are Red Iso, and they show which characters are 'boosted' for this event.

Digging through the Alliances but Im not just joining when I dont even know if the people play. I did find an alliance called cheapa$$gamer, although the only name I recognized in it was shipwreck. Although if I had to guess Kojubat was wombat & cheapy was in there somewhere. So even the main guys on the site play too!

With all the iso I may make an alliance myself, but I'll see what the consensus is after this go around. Seems kinda worthless really, just for an extra cover or 2.
I'm Kojubat, and I play regularly. I don't know how often anyone else plays, I just joined because there was a spot and the name was mentioned here.

I figure alliances are nice if you get a few extra ISO, but getting the high placements require serious time or money investment, 3+ star rosters, and extra slots. It's starting to feel more pay-to-win as time goes on. If you don't have the newer characters because you didn't place high enough in the previous event, you miss out on playing the required matches that would let you place higher in the current event, and so on. I'm currently missing Black Panther and Psylocke, so I couldn't do the extra matches in the first or the current round of the SImulator.

Still, I'm having enough fun that I'm not deleting the app or anything.

Respecs are an option now. You can use a cover or HP to raise a lower power, and it will ask you which other one to reduce. I wish it would tell you how it would affect that power instead of telling you what it does right now, but I guess that's what the internet is for.

I started an alliance "CheapA$$Gamer" for anyone who might be faintly interested.
I'm Kojubat, and I play regularly. I don't know how often anyone else plays, I just joined because there was a spot and the name was mentioned here.
Lol yeah I feel like an idiot, I thought I read that someone made an alliance on here.

OK I made an alliance, if anyone wants to join in the name is CAGvengers....Ive got about 575 HP right now, so if things go good I may drop the 600 for an extra slot.

If anyone does join, please just play regularly & let me know on here who you are.

I joined CAGvengers, boy howdy does everybody here have a lot of slots! I only spend hero points on slots and even bought 200 extra points ($1.99 to support my favorite Match3 franchise, I'll forgive them for Galactrix).  Everyone here seems to have 4-5 pages worth.  I don't even want to know how much real money or time some of you shell out for what you've acquired.

I've only been playing the game for about a week; I suppose I should finish the campaign, but I've been having a lot of fun with the Simulator.  I placed around 30th in round 2 this morning.

I joined CAGvengers, boy howdy does everybody here have a lot of slots! I only spend hero points on slots and even bought 200 extra points ($1.99 to support my favorite Match3 franchise, I'll forgive them for Galactrix). Everyone here seems to have 4-5 pages worth. I don't even want to know how much real money or time some of you shell out for what you've acquired.
Being unemployed it helps me cope while I look for work. So Lots and lots of time put in, no real money spent yet.

I've finally got a decent roster built up, so Im getting decent rewards that I dont have to.

My best advice is to finish the campaign first. Try and get all the tokens, covers, Hero Points, & Iso (crystal) rewards. Dont really bother with boosts. Here's a tip when you're first starting out & I wish I wouldve followed my own advice or someone told me.

DO NOT USE ANY STANDARD TOKENS UNTIL YOU'VE GOT ALL THE REWARDS YOU WANT IN THE CAMPAIGN!!!!

If you look at the level rewards the system will give you enough characters & ISO to easily blow through the campaign. You drop those tokens and you'll have more covers than you have Hero points to buy slots for. Also too many heroes means you have to spread your iso thin. Starting out Focus on Iron man and modern storm, eventually you'll get a Thor and Wolverine which will balance out your team. The campaign is so generous with cover rewards you'll even get lucky to get a Bagman or 3!

I've only been playing the game for about a week; I suppose I should finish the campaign, but I've been having a lot of fun with the Simulator. I placed around 30th in round 2 this morning.
My best effort only yielded 7th place during last week's THOR event. My personal ranking always get slaughtered at the last hour or so. I have no clue who my fellow alliance members are haha, but thanks for the team support. Go go go CheapA$$Gamer!

DO NOT USE ANY STANDARD TOKENS UNTIL YOU'VE GOT ALL THE REWARDS YOU WANT IN THE CAMPAIGN!!!!

You drop those tokens and you'll have more covers than you have Hero points to buy slots for. Also too many heroes means you have to spread your iso thin.
Aww, but that's no fun! I like playing ditch-it-or-keep-it whenever I get new covers. One of the first ones I got was a level 15 Doctor Doom with Summon Demons, so I'm reeeeally spoiled/picky now. Everything else has paled in comparison since. I ditched bagman immediately, the entire web system is worthless to me. I'm waiting anxiously to replace my worthless Captain America with just about anybody who doesn't use webs. (I've also got more ISO than I can use thanks to the events)

Easily the single most fun I've had while playing so far is using Ares to rape just about anyone to death with his 1,000+ axe attack (when overpowered in the simulator). He's the only I've found so far that allows his attack to accumulate higher as you keep collecting more before using it.

Speaking of raping with an axe: R.I.P. Oderus Urungus.

Aww, but that's no fun! I like playing ditch-it-or-keep-it whenever I get new covers. One of the first ones I got was a level 15 Doctor Doom with Summon Demons, so I'm reeeeally spoiled/picky now. Everything else has paled in comparison since. I ditched bagman immediately, the entire web system is worthless to me. I'm waiting anxiously to replace my worthless Captain America with just about anybody who doesn't use webs. (I've also got more ISO than I can use thanks to the events)

Easily the single most fun I've had while playing so far is using Ares to rape just about anyone to death with his 1,000+ axe attack (when overpowered in the simulator). He's the only I've found so far that allows his attack to accumulate higher as you keep collecting more before using it.

Speaking of raping with an axe: R.I.P. Oderus Urungus.
I know Cap isn't a popular character, but I find him useful when fighting anything using on-board abilities like timers or strike tiles. I've used his red attack many times to stop a bad gem I just cannot match off the board, and the AI doesn't seem to focus on getting rid of your countdowns to get the color investment back in two turns.

I suspect I'll stop using him once I get enough 3 star covers, but he's one of my top choices in a non-buffed situation.

I know Cap isn't a popular character, but I find him useful when fighting anything using on-board abilities like timers or strike tiles. I've used his red attack many times to stop a bad gem I just cannot match off the board, and the AI doesn't seem to focus on getting rid of your countdowns to get the color investment back in two turns.

I suspect I'll stop using him once I get enough 3 star covers, but he's one of my top choices in a non-buffed situation.
I use Cap in these situations as well. His yellow ability almost never gets triggered because of it's cost (and I usually have him paired with Thor), but having level 5 for blue and red means you can use those colors to completely wipe out a timer tile that you can't shake. Perfect for board control when you're playing against non-hero/villain characters.

Being unemployed it helps me cope while I look for work. So Lots and lots of time put in, no real money spent yet.
I've finally got a decent roster built up, so Im getting decent rewards that I dont have to.

My best advice is to finish the campaign first. Try and get all the tokens, covers, Hero Points, & Iso (crystal) rewards. Dont really bother with boosts. Here's a tip when you're first starting out & I wish I wouldve followed my own advice or someone told me.

If you look at the level rewards the system will give you enough characters & ISO to easily blow through the campaign. You drop those tokens and you'll have more covers than you have Hero points to buy slots for. Also too many heroes means you have to spread your iso thin. Starting out Focus on Iron man and modern storm, eventually you'll get a Thor and Wolverine which will balance out your team. The campaign is so generous with cover rewards you'll even get lucky to get a Bagman or 3!
This is generally good advice. I'd also recommend this thread to read up on game progression strategy. http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Also, don't waste a slot on keeping a bag man or moonstone. They will look cool, but are worthless compared to other characters you will have by the time you can use them.

I joined the alliance. My user name is Matthew77.  Anyone here also playing Clash of Clans? Is there a CAG clan?

If I still had my Black Panther I could be in the top 5 for this round. (I was in the Dr Doom round)

I'll sit out this Thor tournament. I don't need more Ares covers, and could care less about another version of Wolverine.

Also, don't waste a slot on keeping a bag man or moonstone. They will look cool, but are worthless compared to other characters you will have by the time you can use them.
Believe it or not Moonstone has her uses. When they power her up for events she's a heavy hitter. Her red is EXTREMELY powerful when the board is full of red tiles, can easily cut an enemies HP in half. Her black power is fun when you can control enemy countdown tiles, Ive done this & had it done to me. Her purple is meh to me, but it can be helpful when you get the right tiles lined up.

All in all I wouldnt put her in the Bagman/Bullseye category. She's not great but Id rather keep her than say Daredevil.

I joined the alliance. My user name is Matthew77.
I was wondering who that was, ok I think I know everyone in the alliance but maybe 1 person.

*Edit* I guess that one person I didnt know got upset, seems there's a space open now.

And I went from 4th place in the final round of the simulator (last played about 00:30 last night) to 45 at 8:45 this morning. Luckily I got in a few high scoring matches that bumped me up into the teens, or so I hope.

Everything worked out for me. I finished around 78th overall, so I scored the 3 OBW covers I needed. Rather have those than the Cap Steve cover that I would've received for 3 places higher. Yeah, I'll miss out on the events that he'll be featured for, but the extra space I would've needed plus the fact that I would never use him outside of those events made him pointless.

Because of the need to finish where I did, it hurt my chances of finishing higher in the last 2 sim rounds. Had to settle for top 50 for both, which was good enough for a couple more recruit tokens, not that those caught me anything good throughout the event (all Bullseye except 1, an Ares, which was alright by me). Overall, very nice event for piling up some iso. Would've liked a couple more covers that were useful, but I'm good with OBW and the MN Mags we snagged for the Alliance (assuming it didn't change much from this morning).

And I went from 4th place in the final round of the simulator (last played about 00:30 last night) to 45 at 8:45 this morning. Luckily I got in a few high scoring matches that bumped me up into the teens, or so I hope.
I really hate when the events end at noon est. Last night I made it up to #1 on both my simulator brackets. Woke up 2 hours before the event ended & was dropped to 30. Instead of playing and getting my scores up, I just went back to sleep thinking Id be up before. Nope woke up and the event was over. Got my 2 Steve Rogers covers but I think I was in the top 50. The simulators I dropped down to top 75 in my sub brackets. Depression...its a hell of a drug....

As for the Alliances, I think long run it was a good idea to make one. Of course everyone got some ISO, but the extra covers and hero points were a nice bonus. Although Im wondering if I shouldve added another spot on the alliance roster instead of another spot for covers. Those 1*s Im keeping arent doing anything but take up space, but like they're like pokemon: I gotta catch em all!

Those 1* characters are only good for those Lone Star Tournaments. And even then you're up against the same level 50 Iron Man, Storm and Juggernaut that everyone else has.

Now that I've leveled up my two star characters to their max, I guess I need to work on building up my three star characters. (Hulk, Punisher, etc)

I'm not sure if anyone is still playing this, but I created an alliance in this in hopes of getting more event rewards.  If you are active and need an alliance, search for Pet Avengers.

Those 1* characters are only good for those Lone Star Tournaments. And even then you're up against the same level 50 Iron Man, Storm and Juggernaut that everyone else has.
I know & now I feel stupid for wasting the Hero points for an extra slot in my cover roster. Ive sold Yelena, Hawkeye, and venom god knows how many times, but I still keep slots open for them.

Next time I get my HP up to 600 Im definitely opening up that spot on the alliance. Anyone have 600 right now in our alliance and want to be promoted to commander to open up another spot? 1-2 more people will def get up at least the next tier up in rewards, even with only 5 people we didnt do that bad.

I know & now I feel stupid for wasting the Hero points for an extra slot in my cover roster. Ive sold Yelena, Hawkeye, and venom god knows how many times, but I still keep slots open for them.

Next time I get my HP up to 600 Im definitely opening up that spot on the alliance. Anyone have 600 right now in our alliance and want to be promoted to commander to open up another spot? 1-2 more people will def get up at least the next tier up in rewards, even with only 5 people we didnt do that bad.
We would've done even better had I actually wanted the higher rewards. I had to sandbag the last 2 days to try and stay where I was at for the OBW covers. So for that, I apologize. We probably could've scored some more iso and possibly some HP on that alone.

And now for this event, I'm out the Cap Steve parts... but I have everyone else that's powered. Let's get down to business this week.

We would've done even better had I actually wanted the higher rewards. I had to sandbag the last 2 days to try and stay where I was at for the OBW covers. So for that, I apologize. We probably could've scored some more iso and possibly some HP on that alone.
Lol those OBW covers are very vital, hell she's always on my teams so I understand that. You're not on my alliance though but Im sure you guys did well enough for the extras.

My guys have heart I can tell you that. Take my teammate Kerig here, obviously he kicked ass for the CAGvengers.

Easily the single most fun I've had while playing so far is using Ares to rape just about anyone to death with his 1,000+ axe attack (when overpowered in the simulator).

Well, I should finish in the top 50 for the Fearless Defender tournament. Maybe if I hadn't waited until the second day I could have broke top 25. (I'm about 30 now)

I sort of like the new boost system, even if it costs me. I spend about 200 ISO for the matches and boost my colors up to 50%.

Now that I've leveled up my two star characters to their max, I guess I need to work on building up my three star characters. (Hulk, Punisher, etc)
I still use modern storm (especially on forest and dessert levels). Now, that is a character for which I would like to see a 3 star version made.

I should end up in the top 20 for my bracket during these steve Rogers event. (And that's without even having him!)

That should nab me two Human Torch covers, which I'll have to dump my Ragnarok in order to make room.

I had to read the MPQ forums because I thought it was just me.  This events progression is just really damn slow.  Only a couple days left & my next progression reward is a Red Thor cover.  No way in hell Im going to get any of the Steve Rogers progression rewards. 

As much as the CAGvengers are plugging away, until we get some more members we wont get into the higher rewards.  All these extra rewards are helping though, Im at almost 500 Hero points again, so soon I'll have the 600 for a new member.  I dont know if the rest of my team are playing any of the tourneys but please at least play 1 round. We've done well enough to get the 50 HP reward in each tourney since we formed, which helps! If you dont enter the tournament I dont think you get any of the rewards, so 1 round is definitely worth it for the 50 Hp. Also whoever needs a Yellow Ares cover, looks like the Alliance are in that reward tier for the red iso event.  Once again, def worth the iso I put in to form this alliance. Thank you to my team for their support.

Edit* Hero Token daily login reward today, redeemed and got me a black panther token! Then excitement dropped, another blue cover...why do I have the blue power maxed to 5? 

I'm hanging around the top 200, not a big fan of the events when you don't have the required cover.  I got a Black Panther with one of the heroic tokens, but that doesn't do much good now.  Hopefully, I end with at least a Human Torch so I'm not at a disadvantage for the next event if he is required.

I keep waiting for new missions to be loaded, or the the points to reset. There's one mission with 100+ level BW, Venom and some mob guy. I can beat it one time out of three. It's always more tempting than the low hanging fruit. It's like 1800+ iso versus the ones that only give 800 or so.

There's one mission with 100+ level BW, Venom and some mob guy. I can beat it one time out of three. It's always more tempting than the low hanging fruit. It's like 1800+ iso versus the ones that only give 800 or so.
God I hate that mission....who to target? Venom or Yelena? I go with Yelena because she's easier, Venom ends up devouring me. So I tried Venom next then Yelena hit me with payback & changed my special tiles to critical and killed me. I have an OBW and even with her stealing all the black & purple tiles, they still get enough to use their skills, how the hell?!?!?

But I go for that mission too, why fight the 100-200 iso missions when I can get 2k from that one. Ive been having to use boosts to win that mission & even then still just barely....

Todays daily reward was a red wolverine X-force cover...I mustve been playing for a while to get a daily reward like that, damn.

In case anyone wonders what the daily rewards are here's an updated list

God I hate that mission....who to target? Venom or Yelena? I go with Yelena because she's easier, Venom ends up devouring me. So I tried Venom next then Yelena hit me with payback & changed my special tiles to critical and killed me. I have an OBW and even with her stealing all the black & purple tiles, they still get enough to use their skills, how the hell?!?!?

But I go for that mission too, why fight the 100-200 iso missions when I can get 2k from that one. Ive been having to use boosts to win that mission & even then still just barely....

Todays daily reward was a red wolverine X-force cover...I mustve been playing for a while to get a daily reward like that, damn.

In case anyone wonders what the daily rewards are here's an updated list
Dayummmmmmm

Haha I am only on the 80th day or something. About to get the Hulk reward. Thanks for that list, gives me something to look forward to, though it is quite annoying in the sense that there is nothing I can really do to speed up that process haha

According to that list I'm about 10 days from a Green wolvie X Force. Good to know. About time I got another color for him.

Now the mission for the 100+ level Bullseye, Daken and random mook is giving me trouble. I can beat them, but only if everything lines up just right and Bullseye doesn't get too many protect titles first. At least I'm sitting at about  #14 now.

Thanks for that list, gives me something to look forward to, though it is quite annoying in the sense that there is nothing I can really do to speed up that process haha
No doubt, although I didnt realize Ive been playing the game since it came out. That list is only a couple days ahead of me, so it doesnt show me much of what I have to look forward too :\

According to that list I'm about 10 days from a Green wolvie X Force. Good to know. About time I got another color for him.

Now the mission for the 100+ level Bullseye, Daken and random mook is giving me trouble. I can beat them, but only if everything lines up just right and Bullseye doesn't get too many protect titles first. At least I'm sitting at about #14 now.
Thats what I said when I saw that, then it wasnt just 1 but 2 colors for X-force. First green, then red, guess constantly playing has some perks. Now My x-force can be leveled up to a decent level.

As for that Bullseye/Daken mission, what makes it easier is a person who can shatter multiple tiles. My team is usually hulk/2* thor/OBW. Thor feeds green to hulk with his yellow power & hulk uses his green power to shatter mutiple tiles on the board. It doesnt always knock out all the tiles I want but it usually sets up good cascades. Plus I hate trying to match Bullseye's protect tiles only to shatter one to make another. Out of the two I always target Bullseye first.

Alright, so I have an idea that may seem against our CAG ways at first, but hear me out!

They clearly are making Alliance rewards pretty important as we have seen the past few events. Ranking high in such things are near impossible because of all of the Alliances that are maxed at 20 people. By sheer numbers it is impossible to beat that. Adding each slot to an Alliance costs 600 coins/$5. 

That being said if we can get enough people to pay for their own spot, then we could easily get to the 20 limit and would actually be in the running for some of the top Alliance rewards. My buddy and I have made Cerebro as soon as the update allowed the creation of Alliances and we keep scoring alright. We each always place at the top of the events individually.

So basically you would send me $5 paypal (including your Marvel name), I would then pay for another slot and make sure you get that open spot then. With the increasing rewards, it would be well worth the $5 investment.

Let me know what you guys think!

I have 500 plus coins, and I would buy a spot in an active CAG alliance to get better rewards and an active alliance.  I thought there was one with at least five already in it though.

Broly's Cerebro has 5, and downsouthtigger's CAGvengers has 6, I believe.

I'm in Cerebro, and 2 of the members are not CAG's, so I don't think we'd be able to get them to transfer.

Also, in the interest of being a CAG, if we could get 10 people to pitch in 5 bucks for their own spots, someone could buy the Asgard Treasure pack of coins, netting an extra 4 spots (similarly, get 14 people to pay $3.60). Down side is we would have to wait until all those spots were filled prior to the purchase.

The next thing this game needs is to be able to view the rankings of an event after it ends.

Would it really hurt to leave the window up, with a "Closed" banner over it, so we can see where and how everyone finished?

Broly's Cerebro has 5, and downsouthtigger's CAGvengers has 6, I believe.

I'm in Cerebro, and 2 of the members are not CAG's, so I don't think we'd be able to get them to transfer.

Also, in the interest of being a CAG, if we could get 10 people to pitch in 5 bucks for their own spots, someone could buy the Asgard Treasure pack of coins, netting an extra 4 spots (similarly, get 14 people to pay $3.60). Down side is we would have to wait until all those spots were filled prior to the purchase.

The next thing this game needs is to be able to view the rankings of an event after it ends.

Would it really hurt to leave the window up, with a "Closed" banner over it, so we can see where and how everyone finished?
I agree about the rankings post event.

Yeah Cerebro only has 5 people at the moment. Juggernaut, the other leader is my buddy and if need be he would transfer to CAGvengers. If there is another non CAG on there I do not know them and so they are expendable haha

I don't mind setting it all up for Cerebro and trying to get a sign up and funds and stuff, though if downsouthtrigger would rather do it with his clearly better name and all I wouldn't mind taking a back seat

Think I finished in the top 50, but not quite the top 20 for the past Black Widow tournament.

I'm spending 200 ISO each match for boosts though.

Our CAG alliance placed maybe top 500?  Nothing spectacular, and none of the alliance rewards seem to be anything to write home about. 

It'd be nicer if the alliance rewards were some sort of rare cover that wasn't featured as a reward for the tournament.

Think I finished in the top 50, but not quite the top 20 for the past Black Widow tournament.

Our CAG alliance placed maybe top 500? Nothing spectacular, and none of the alliance rewards seem to be anything to write home about.

It'd be nicer if the alliance rewards were some sort of rare cover that wasn't featured as a reward for the tournament.
The tournament rewards were lame but for Steve and Torch, the only way to get one of their moves was through the Alliance rewards and I suspect that trend will continue

Yeah Cerebro only has 5 people at the moment. Juggernaut, the other leader is my buddy and if need be he would transfer to CAGvengers. If there is another non CAG on there I do not know them and so they are expendable haha

I don't mind setting it all up for Cerebro and trying to get a sign up and funds and stuff, though if downsouthtrigger would rather do it with his clearly better name and all I wouldn't mind taking a back seat
Yeah after opening up the 6th spot I got a new guy who quickly picked it up. Im thinking may have to go private on the Alliance so not everyone jumps in. On the CAGvengers I think 4/6 of us on there are actual CAGs. I have no problem kicking the new guy out to make space for anyone, since Im not even sure who he is.

Here's the issue, alliance slots are like cover slots, which is a bitch. I just dropped the 600 for the 6th member. Whoever comes in has to drop 700 HP for the next, etc etc. I stupidly used my HP to get another cover slot a couple weeks ago. However having an alliance I quickly earned enough back to get that 6th slot. There is heavy return on the investment. Like Eldergamer said our alliance just got 50 HP back for not doing much of anything on that black widow tourney.

I do think we should get a plan rolling on how to do this. I sent out a Chat message to all my alliance teammates asking anyone if they want to be promoted. Thats only if they have the HP to open a new slot. I know most of the guys need those HP to get more cover slots.

So guys, thoughts? Suggestions? I know none of us really want to pay any real money, but with an alliance its easy to get the HP back. I havent spent a dime on this game yet & you guys can check my roster. Im doing pretty good, it can be done, and we can do this!

Yeah after opening up the 6th spot I got a new guy who quickly picked it up. Im thinking may have to go private on the Alliance so not everyone jumps in. On the CAGvengers I think 4/6 of us on there are actual CAGs. I have no problem kicking the new guy out to make space for anyone, since Im not even sure who he is.

Here's the issue, alliance slots are like cover slots, which is a bitch. I just dropped the 600 for the 6th member. Whoever comes in has to drop 700 HP for the next, etc etc. I stupidly used my HP to get another cover slot a couple weeks ago. However having an alliance I quickly earned enough back to get that 6th slot. There is heavy return on the investment. Like Eldergamer said our alliance just got 50 HP back for not doing much of anything on that black widow tourney.

I do think we should get a plan rolling on how to do this. I sent out a Chat message to all my alliance teammates asking anyone if they want to be promoted. Thats only if they have the HP to open a new slot. I know most of the guys need those HP to get more cover slots.

So guys, thoughts? Suggestions? I know none of us really want to pay any real money, but with an alliance its easy to get the HP back. I havent spent a dime on this game yet & you guys can check my roster. Im doing pretty good, it can be done, and we can do this!
Ouch, so each consecutive slot costs more and more?!?

I just tried to look online to see a chart of how much each slot actually costs but with no luck. Once we are aware of how much each slot costs maybe we can total it up and see if we can do a bulk add like mentioned earlier and buy the Asgardian Pack with the pooled funds so that we have an even rate for everyone to join. If someone can find out how much each slot costs that would be a great starting point!

<snip>

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. =P

I only have 325 HP at the moment. I haven't spent any money on this game either. For the first time, I spent HP today on something other than a slot. I had to buy a health pack with like 5 minutes to go in order to stay top 50 in the Hollowpoint Kiss tourney. No way was I getting a modern Hawkeye cover after the time I put in. I'm glad it was easy for you guys, but it was tough for me. Seems like everyone was playing as it was the only thing going on. Never seen so many level 85 Storms and Magnetos.

I only have 325 HP at the moment. I haven't spent any money on this game either. For the first time, I spent HP today on something other than a slot. I had to buy a health pack with like 5 minutes to go in order to stay top 50 in the Hollowpoint Kiss tourney. No way was I getting a modern Hawkeye cover after the time I put in. I'm glad it was easy for you guys, but it was tough for me. Seems like everyone was playing as it was the only thing going on. Never seen so many level 85 Storms and Magnetos.
Ah the age old question what to spend the HP on: Healthpacks or shields? I wouldve tried harder in that tourney but I dont want anymore blue psylocke covers, black or red please. I overslept & ended up with 1 modern hawkeye cover, whoo, but the 50 HP I got made up for it. 50 from rewards, 50 more from alliance rewards, easy 100 Hp done. Thats why I understand that starting out HP are a commodity & I dont want anyone feeling they couldve used theirs for somehting more worthwhile. I just know long term the more in the alliance, the less work individually & better rewards. 6 people in the Cagvengers, we make it to 10+ we'll be sitting pretty in a month, assuming everyone puts in some effort.

I have yet to understand the MN Magneto/C storm combo. I get it, purple Mags, make blues for storm. However both of them lack the hit points to make them worth it. Thor with Wolverine or Ares combo will kill them every time. Thor makes those greens, either wolvie turns them to strike tiles or Ares saves them for 1 huge killing blow. Even though Ares green gives green to the opponent; youd kill storm before she could even use the green & mags has no green skills. Speaking of green skills, anyone get how the Human Torches works? You have to have x green to place a tile then keep x green in storage for it to work each turn? Yeah they need to tweak that, its kinda stupid. Then again after Invisible woman, I think they make the powers for the FF stupid. Cmon, force bubble makes bubbles and ends the turn, well thats a waste.

Anyone have a good rainbow team? A team that uses all the colors so you're not stuck with a useless stockpile of unused tiles? I was thinking OBW, Psylocke, and Ares/Thor/Wolverine. I guess that team makes sense, OBW as healer/support, Psylock is a striker, and 1 tank class heavy hitter for the 3rd.

Ah lastly the update now shows who contributed to what in the tournaments. You can go under alliance rank and click your score to see who did what. I dont think it did that before. I guess that makes it easier to check up on everyone in your alliance now. Right now the CAGvengers are sitting at a whopping 25 pts! Although I have to admit the score keeps dropping. I have a Bagman/Daredevil team out there begging to get my ass kicked to drop my rank a little. So far I have few takers, but its a good opp since the rewards really suck on this tournament. Depending on how it goes by the end of it, I may try to push the alliance up to get a decent reward.

I was sitting in the top 5 consistently in that tournament until the last day, where I was fighting to stay in the top 20 and dropped into the top 50 somewhere within the last hour, since I was working. At least I got a Psylocke cover. Now the only new character I'm missing is Steve Rogers.

I think this Black Widow tournament revealed two things: I really rely on OBW's healing and I'd prefer the grey suit power set on another character (maybe Winter Soldier or Deathlok to tie into other media, or give Yelena an upgrade), and I really need to get more Spidey covers.

And I think we all have the same idea for getting better alliance awards - the CheapA$$Gamer alliance just opened a slot. :whistle2:

Is there some kind of strategy I'm missing for the Lightning Rounds? Do you pretty much have to dedicate that hour and a half to winning matches as fast as you can?

Ouch, so each consecutive slot costs more and more?!?

I just tried to look online to see a chart of how much each slot actually costs but with no luck. Once we are aware of how much each slot costs maybe we can total it up and see if we can do a bulk add like mentioned earlier and buy the Asgardian Pack with the pooled funds so that we have an even rate for everyone to join. If someone can find out how much each slot costs that would be a great starting point!
Im trying to figure out how the people on the forums do it. Im thinking some may have a pay it forward system. Ive looked at some alliances and everyones a commander. The only reason I can see people doing that is only commanders can add or kick people. New person gets added, they get promoted, they pay for a new slot for the next person, rinse and repeat.

I just got 100 HP from the Widow tourney today, If I could use my google play credit (from rewards) I could buy 600 HP & make another slot or I could kick someone. Im unemployed so unfortunately I have no money to pool, which is why I think the pay it forward method is good. As long as we know who we are, we communicate through the chat or on here it should be ok. Since we'll easily recoup HP from alliance/tournament/daily rewards if people do decide to buy the $5 pack of HP for a new slot the difference in cost for the next person wont hurt as much. Does that make any sense? Im hoping I didnt confuse anyone.

I think this Black Widow tournament revealed two things: I really rely on OBW's healing and I'd prefer the grey suit power set on another character (maybe Winter Soldier or Deathlok to tie into other media, or give Yelena an upgrade), and I really need to get more Spidey covers.

And I think we all have the same idea for getting better alliance awards - the CheapA$$Gamer alliance just opened a slot. :whistle2:

Is there some kind of strategy I'm missing for the Lightning Rounds? Do you pretty much have to dedicate that hour and a half to winning matches as fast as you can?
Yeah playing the widow tourney without OBW was, well hard. I like Grey Suit if her powers werent so expensive, that green power man.... Ditto for Spiderman, I cant level mine up since I dont even have a yellow power for him, he's been out forever & it seems like he's one of the rarest covers to get. Just looked, 1 blue & 2 purple covers, how is that useable in a battle?

lol lightning rounds... those are good for only 2 types of people. 1) the people who have super awesome rosters that can kick anyone's ass. So they basically get more and free rewards. 2) the people who want to lose & get killed so their match making rank goes down. Thats what I do. Usually I win 1 round with a X character Bagman Daredevil team & watch everyone come kick my ass.

There is no middle ground, I tried 1 time & was in the top 10, by the end of the round thats when everyone came in & I got dropped to the mid 100's. When you watch yourself drop hundreds of points in a couple minutes that hurts. So to me lightning rounds are worthless & only really reward the top people.

I think none of us had a clear vision on what alliances would have become, sucks now that we've spent HP on creating slots. Since CAGvengers and CheapA$$Gamer now each have 6 slots would anyone in the 5 member alliances want to move forward and dedicating to one of these teams? I know the 2500 iso drop was a blow but that can easily be gained back. Since there is no reward for being leader/commander of an alliance & the fact anyone can be promoted to one; there's no point in each of us having one & lowering our chances at better rewards.

I think none of us had a clear vision on what alliances would have become, sucks now that we've spent HP on creating slots. Since CAGvengers and CheapA$$Gamer now each have 6 slots would anyone in the 5 member alliances want to move forward and dedicating to one of these teams? I know the 2500 iso drop was a blow but that can easily be gained back. Since there is no reward for being leader/commander of an alliance & the fact anyone can be promoted to one; there's no point in each of us having one & lowering our chances at better rewards.
I am cool moving over, as would my non CAG buddy in my Alliance.

I will gladly take one of the spots of the random non CAGs in yours ; D

bread's done
Back