Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Im trying to figure out how the people on the forums do it. Im thinking some may have a pay it forward system. Ive looked at some alliances and everyones a commander. The only reason I can see people doing that is only commanders can add or kick people. New person gets added, they get promoted, they pay for a new slot for the next person, rinse and repeat.

I just got 100 HP from the Widow tourney today, If I could use my google play credit (from rewards) I could buy 600 HP & make another slot or I could kick someone. Im unemployed so unfortunately I have no money to pool, which is why I think the pay it forward method is good. As long as we know who we are, we communicate through the chat or on here it should be ok. Since we'll easily recoup HP from alliance/tournament/daily rewards if people do decide to buy the $5 pack of HP for a new slot the difference in cost for the next person wont hurt as much. Does that make any sense? Im hoping I didnt confuse anyone.
Forgot to address this in the last post, sorry for the double.

The pay it forward works fine, though it would be cheapest/most fair if we can get a lump sum of people ready and all pay one person and then that person buys the coins and just buys all the slots, that way there is a discount on the coins so that it SHOULD even out to about $5 a person so long as the slots don't somehow cost 1000+ for the top ones.

I wouldn't mind brokering that so long as we can get a decent list of people ready and make sure we have a solid list of everyone involved.

Slot me in the spot of a random and then we have the other 2 CAGs plus my buddy all ready to move over too. We need 14 people total, myself not included then. We would already be at 3 there and only need 11 more. Realistically though to make the deal even at first, we would only be able to get 10 at $5 each so that then the Asgardian pack is possible and we get more HP for the money.

So if CheapA$$Gamer all want to migrate over we would already almost be at the 10 and be a formidable Alliance at 16 people right away already basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol lightning rounds... those are good for only 2 types of people. 1) the people who have super awesome rosters that can kick anyone's ass. So they basically get more and free rewards. 2) the people who want to lose & get killed so their match making rank goes down. Thats what I do. Usually I win 1 round with a X character Bagman Daredevil team & watch everyone come kick my ass.

There is no middle ground, I tried 1 time & was in the top 10, by the end of the round thats when everyone came in & I got dropped to the mid 100's. When you watch yourself drop hundreds of points in a couple minutes that hurts. So to me lightning rounds are worthless & only really reward the top people.

I think none of us had a clear vision on what alliances would have become, sucks now that we've spent HP on creating slots. Since CAGvengers and CheapA$$Gamer now each have 6 slots would anyone in the 5 member alliances want to move forward and dedicating to one of these teams? I know the 2500 iso drop was a blow but that can easily be gained back. Since there is no reward for being leader/commander of an alliance & the fact anyone can be promoted to one; there's no point in each of us having one & lowering our chances at better rewards.
Ah, I didn't realize there were rankings beyond whatever bracket you end up in. That would explain the occasional match up against a level 141 featured character paired with level 1 Iron Man and Hawkeye that make no sense. Man, I feel like I need to spend more time reading forums about the game over actually playing it, but that will only get me aggravated about the basic decisions I made earlier.

Yeah, we had opted to expand through the in-game chat - might have been better joining forces with everyone here, especially since the 600 HP came out of my pocket. I wonder if they would implement a way to fold an alliance in the future and get some fraction of the investment back split across the members. Maybe a way to combine smaller alliances that would still be less than the member limit, too. Although, I can't see where they make money on that, so probably not happening.

Ah, I didn't realize there were rankings beyond whatever bracket you end up in. That would explain the occasional match up against a level 141 featured character paired with level 1 Iron Man and Hawkeye that make no sense. Man, I feel like I need to spend more time reading forums about the game over actually playing it, but that will only get me aggravated about the basic decisions I made earlier.

Yeah, we had opted to expand through the in-game chat - might have been better joining forces with everyone here, especially since the 600 HP came out of my pocket. I wonder if they would implement a way to fold an alliance in the future and get some fraction of the investment back split across the members. Maybe a way to combine smaller alliances that would still be less than the member limit, too. Although, I can't see where they make money on that, so probably not happening.
Maybe since you and I would be migrating our Alliances to CAGvengers and they have 2 random non-CAGs, that we get those two spots?

From there like I said I wouldnt mind having to be the money guy and deal with all of that to expand the team more.

Have you heard from everyone in the alliance? Let me know what the verdict is. I'll pony up some cash if needed.
I sent out an alliance chat, but no responses. I know Eldergamer has been playing the tourney, havent seen or heard from Kerig since the Simulator. Porkchop & Buerze are the 2 I dont know who they are. I feel bad if I kick them, but it doesnt hurt to say hi.

If you do have the cash for a extra slot and want to be promoted, let me know.

I'm up for getting on a bigger team. That would be 3 of the 5 from Cerebro. Not even sure who the other 2 are.
Im in the same boat, which is why Im leaning towards the alliance going private. It seems the consensus is join any public alliance for free rewards regardless of if you know them or not.

The pay it forward works fine, though it would be cheapest/most fair if we can get a lump sum of people ready and all pay one person and then that person buys the coins and just buys all the slots, that way there is a discount on the coins so that it SHOULD even out to about $5 a person so long as the slots don't somehow cost 1000+ for the top ones.

I wouldn't mind brokering that so long as we can get a decent list of people ready and make sure we have a solid list of everyone involved.

Slot me in the spot of a random and then we have the other 2 CAGs plus my buddy all ready to move over too. We need 14 people total, myself not included then. We would already be at 3 there and only need 11 more. Realistically though to make the deal even at first, we would only be able to get 10 at $5 each so that then the Asgardian pack is possible and we get more HP for the money.

So if CheapA$$Gamer all want to migrate over we would already almost be at the 10 and be a formidable Alliance at 16 people right away already basically.
I hate the thought of the 10th person coming in having to pay 1000 HP too, but honestly we dont know how it scales. I think after 10 people if it goes like covers did each additional slot jumps up 150 HP. Since Kojubat already invested his HP I hate asking him to come over, but you know hindsight right? Plus you're right, yeah we've heard here and there from a couple people theyd be willing to put down some money but it doesnt seem we have enough takers for the Asgardian pack. Then with the scaling, how many people will that really get us? Would suck for people to put in the cash & we dont have enough for all the slots.

On the flip side an alliance with 10+ members is getting better rewards than those with 5, thats just a given. Its just the added cost of getting better rewards. Is it fair for person X to pay 1000 HP for the next slot? No, but then again they're now entering an Alliance thats always guaranteed to win at least 1 cover & 100 HP each tournament. The return on an investment for a top alliance is probably less than a month. I really hope this doesnt sound bitter, its more of a logical response, so please everyone take it as that. A person puts in their money to open up a new slot for someone else. That really sucks if someone new comes in for a free ride & does not pay it forward or help at all. Ive put down the ISO for the Alliance, already bought 1 slot, & will probably open another. I like the game, its fun, I want better rewards. I want to have or be in an alliance that is trying, not just one where people are in it because they can get whatever extras they can.

Im going to send another alliance chat out later, so either respond there or say something here on CAG. If I dont heard a response more than likely someone is getting kicked so that we can make some room for Broly. Eldergamer and Too Damn High you guys are safe since I know you've been active here & in the game.

If you make an opening, I would put up the coins to open another spot. I think making it private would be good, especially if you want to keep it to CAGs.

I sent out an alliance chat, but no responses. I know Eldergamer has been playing the tourney, havent seen or heard from Kerig since the Simulator. Porkchop & Buerze are the 2 I dont know who they are. I feel bad if I kick them, but it doesnt hurt to say hi.

Im in the same boat, which is why Im leaning towards the alliance going private. It seems the consensus is join any public alliance for free rewards regardless of if you know them or not.

I hate the thought of the 10th person coming in having to pay 1000 HP too, but honestly we dont know how it scales. I think after 10 people if it goes like covers did each additional slot jumps up 150 HP. Since Kojubat already invested his HP I hate asking him to come over, but you know hindsight right? Plus you're right, yeah we've heard here and there from a couple people theyd be willing to put down some money but it doesnt seem we have enough takers for the Asgardian pack. Then with the scaling, how many people will that really get us? Would suck for people to put in the cash & we dont have enough for all the slots.

On the flip side an alliance with 10+ members is getting better rewards than those with 5, thats just a given. Its just the added cost of getting better rewards. Is it fair for person X to pay 1000 HP for the next slot? No, but then again they're now entering an Alliance thats always guaranteed to win at least 1 cover & 100 HP each tournament. The return on an investment for a top alliance is probably less than a month. I really hope this doesnt sound bitter, its more of a logical response, so please everyone take it as that. A person puts in their money to open up a new slot for someone else. That really sucks if someone new comes in for a free ride & does not pay it forward or help at all. Ive put down the ISO for the Alliance, already bought 1 slot, & will probably open another. I like the game, its fun, I want better rewards. I want to have or be in an alliance that is trying, not just one where people are in it because they can get whatever extras they can.

Im going to send another alliance chat out later, so either respond there or say something here on CAG. If I dont heard a response more than likely someone is getting kicked so that we can make some room for Broly. Eldergamer and Too Damn High you guys are safe since I know you've been active here & in the game.
Looks like the 20th slot costs 2000 HP so that means it goes up by 100 for each slot.

That would make us need 18,900 HP to get a 20 member alliance (14 more from your current). This would mean buying the $100 Stark Pack would be our best bet which is $100 for 20,000 HP. So long as you wiggle me in place of the other non CAG I wouldnt mind biting the bullet and having to buy that huge pack and pay for the extra. With that in mind then I would only charge everyone $6.50 each to get in to our group. If we can get 14 people to give the $6.50 then we could have a 20 member alliance and if we all are playing regularly then we would EASILY recoup that cost within just a couple events.

I think this is our best bet and would be the most fair, we just need to start finding CAGs and getting our 14 people.

If we can get all of CheapA$$Gamer, that is 5 people and then the 3 people from mine (no idea who the 5th person is) then we are already at 8 people. That means we need to find just 6 more CAGs that play enough. I wouldn't mind jumping the gun once I get like 12 people paid and in and then I will just sit on the HP until we get other people in.

What do you guys think?

Hey guys,  I have been playing this game a lot so I'm interested in joining the CAG alliance thing. not sure what to do through lol.  

Started playing on the steam ver. but I'm going to try to join the android one and steam one. 

They might not know about the chat. Hell, I didn't know until I saw it here. Not much reason to look at your alliance. I don't mind getting us an extra slot, but I guess I'm a little confused about what (and when it) needs to be done with all this talk of merging alliances.

Hey guys, I have been playing this game a lot so I'm interested in joining the CAG alliance thing. not sure what to do through lol.

Started playing on the steam ver. but I'm going to try to join the android one and steam one.
I believe the alliances span both versions of the game

They might not know about the chat. Hell, I didn't know until I saw it here. Not much reason to look at your alliance. I don't mind getting us an extra slot, but I guess I'm a little confused about what (and when it) needs to be done with all this talk of merging alliances.
If you are already in CAGvengers, you do not need to do anything other than enjoy a (hopefully) bigger Alliance! : D

If you make an opening, I would put up the coins to open another spot. I think making it private would be good, especially if you want to keep it to CAGs.
What do you guys think?
Lol yeah chat is kinda a after though, if the icon highlighted so you knew there were messages then maybe that would help. Im "commander" so I always check who's on the team, covers, and tournament placements.

Ok here's my plan, first, Im turning the alliance private. Im gonna have to kick a non CAG to make a spot. Gravel, if you have 700 HP now I'll open it up to you, then you can open up the spot for Broly.

Too Damn High, we'll wait for the new guys to come on board, then we'll reevaluate. Most def it will help for you to add another slot but lets get these guys on first. Im going to go ahead & make you a commander though. That way when you feel like it you can add another slot. Since Im making the alliance private we wont have to worry about random people joining and taking the spots.

Cool. Just let me know when we need that slot.
Alliance now made private, and you've been promoted. Now I cant kick you from the alliance, we're CAGvengers for life!

As for when we need the slot? Well "commander" we have to see what Broly & Gravel say. You've got the power now, you can kick and promote people too, use it well.

My 2 cents though.

1) We kick someone, have gravel come in, open a spot for broly, & he comes in then we take it from there

2) You go ahead open a spot, we dont kick anyone, gravel comes in and same as above.

Im not for giving someone a free ride though & Id prefer to do this right & build a proper team. So thoughts are always welcome and nothing has to be done right now.

Let's get input from gravel and broly before we kick anyone. Looks like everyone is offline right now though.

EDIT: And thanks for the promotion. I won't make any moves without you. I'll be happy to pass it on to broly once we get this worked out.

I'm up for getting on a bigger team. That would be 3 of the 5 from Cerebro. Not even sure who the other 2 are.
I dont want you to think we're forgetting you ltrain! Your roster is good with some level 85's in there. Definitely want you on board, especially since you participate in the forums too. I want to know how you feel about transitioning to the CAGvengers? Do you think the pay it forward system is a good idea or splitting costs with Broly? Like I said we'll get you on and kick some ass, I just want to know your thoughts on how to grow too. I want to build a team thats actually a team.

I am all for getting it going, shoot me a message or whatever when I can join but like I said before I personally think the splitting costs method is best moving forward because then it is an even price for everyone. The more people we slowly add one by one, the more it will cost down the road to do a bulk add.

I think we should get a poll/list going of all the people that want in and we can go from there and assess with whatever numbers we have.

I think we should get a poll/list going of all the people that want in and we can go from there and asses with whatever numbers we have.
Sorry let me compose myself, I read that and all I saw was asses. I know its assess but just stood out as asses.

OK I know 1 by 1 is more costly per person, but long term wouldnt it be cheaper? Whoever can buy in now buys in before it hits the bigger #'s. When we do have enough for a bulk add then thats less HP to buy on the whole. Money wise if we have 2 people right now that can afford 700-800 HP for the 2 new slots that would be 1500 HP less we'd have to buy in bulk. I would like to have a poll to see who's interested so we can gauge the response. I know lots of people would want to be on the alliance, the issue is who will actually pay for it.

I would prefer to buy in now, I don't use Paypal, so it would be easier and cleaner for me this way. I assume there is no way to share or pool hero points within the alliance, right? The HP have to all come from one member rather than people being able to all contribute?

Sorry let me compose myself, I read that and all I saw was asses. I know its assess but just stood out as asses.

OK I know 1 by 1 is more costly per person, but long term wouldnt it be cheaper? Whoever can buy in now buys in before it hits the bigger #'s. When we do have enough for a bulk add then thats less HP to buy on the whole. Money wise if we have 2 people right now that can afford 700-800 HP for the 2 new slots that would be 1500 HP less we'd have to buy in bulk. I would like to have a poll to see who's interested so we can gauge the response. I know lots of people would want to be on the alliance, the issue is who will actually pay for it.
That is the thing though, right now with 14 people more the Alliance would need 18,900 HP, and when you buy HP in bulk, you get a noticeably more for free. So if we do it now with that large of a chunk, then it would actually be almost as much per person ($6.50) as it is to buy in right now already. Like I said I would take the hit and buy the bulk and cover the rest of the 1100 HP as though it were normal priced at $9 (removing the bulk discount on that portion and only sweetening it more.

Right now to buy in is 700 HP. The next is 800. Buying just a small chunk of HP like 800 would cost you $7. That is ALREADY more than the $6.50 it would cost per person if we wait and get a big group. The problem I am getting at then is the more people we have to start with, the smaller the group add would be and the more I, or whoever buys the HP for the group would have to eat the costs of even more.

Not sure if I typed that up as clearly as it was in my head so let me know if there is confusion.

I would prefer to buy in now, I don't use Paypal, so it would be easier and cleaner for me this way. I assume there is no way to share or pool hero points within the alliance, right? The HP have to all come from one member rather than people being able to all contribute?
No we cant pool our HP, wish we could since it would be so much easier to get new slots. So the answer is yes, one slot has to come from 1 person's set of HP.

This is why I asked about the buy in now, since it does seem the easiest way to join. This game's all about money, so even if we buy in bulk its not like we're cutting corners. MPQ is getting their money from us one way or another.

After talking with Too Damn High I guess we arent kicking anyone out yet. So I guess the plan will be he gets a new slot, Gravel comes in & buys another slot. Broly get that poll going, see who wants in & who can pay. We'll have a spot waiting and get more when we can.

You know what sucks? Nothing we do will ever truly make this fair. When you think about the newer people having to pay to get in & the original 5 members got in free its not fair. Like some of us have said there are people on our alliances that we have no idea who they are. Is that fair they get to keep their spot when others are willing to drop HP for someone else to join?

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. =P
You said it brother!

So, in terms of interest in the bulk add, please message me and I will try to keep an updated list visible here.

Right now I am thinking it will be around $7 a person but until we get more people I can't really tell the exact price. Remember though, the bigger the Alliance the better the rewards and the quicker you will have already recouped the original investment.

So far confirmed is the following, though I have sent out quite a few messages trying to get some definite commitments. 

1. Me

2. My friend from my alliance right now (plays a ton)

3. ltrain23

Not sure if I typed that up as clearly as it was in my head so let me know if there is confusion.
I got you, I didnt even look at it that way. I do understand it though, I guess I dont really look at the real value of HP since Ive done so well & saved them. Hell I got bored for a time & used HP for the daily deals on Heroic & tournament covers. Having said that I know how easy it can be to accumulate HP without buying them. If you look at event/tournament rewards is an easy 100-200 HP per event (taking into account 50 HP for individual & 50 for alliance rewards). Usually they run1 event & 1 tourney side by side. If you do well you're looking at up to 400 HP per week. So a high ranking alliance member would easily be able to save enough to buy another slot for someone. Hell I know Im going to buy another slot in the future.

Thats why I dont want you to buy a bulk of points. No reason for you to take a hit on this. Too Damn High already bought another spot, and I guess if Gravel joins he will too. Before we do anything else lets see how much interest we have. No one should have to pay real money for this game. If we all play a ton and rank well, we'll have enough free HP that cost really wont factor into anything.

Thats why I dont want you to buy a bulk of points. No reason for you to take a hit on this. Too Damn High already bought another spot, and I guess if Gravel joins he will too. Before we do anything else lets see how much interest we have. No one should have to pay real money for this game. If we all play a ton and rank well, we'll have enough free HP that cost really wont factor into anything.
I'm definitely interested. I have the 700 hp waiting, I just need to know how to get in.

I'm definitely interested. I have the 700 hp waiting, I just need to know how to get in.
Just start the game, go to Alliances and search for CAGvengers. Make sure you check the private alliance box since we're private now. I think thats it, either I or Too Damn High should be able to accept your request.

And in case you didn't know. Alliances can be found by hitting the little grey button on the main screen below your ISO and HP totals in the upper-right corner.

Posted this in alliance chat also.  I'm in, but I don't see the option to buy a slot.  Do I need to be promoted before I can?

Posted this in alliance chat also. I'm in, but I don't see the option to buy a slot. Do I need to be promoted before I can?
Yeah that was another thing that I was not a fan of with the pay it forward method because everyone needs to be promoted. Granted we should all be fine and not randomly kick people but I have just had some bad luck before and so I am usually iffy.

Yeah that was another thing that I was not a fan of with the pay it forward method because everyone needs to be promoted. Granted we should all be fine and not randomly kick people but I have just had some bad luck before and so I am usually iffy.
I'm fine with being promoted then demoted if that's possible. Not sure if that works.

I have my issues with that as well, especially since you can't demote anyone. The weird part is even as creator of the alliance I can't kick anyone who's been promoted. The only perk being promoted has is you can add alliance spots & not be kicked out yourself.
Then again if someone puts down the hp for another slot I see no reason to kick them anyways.
I've looked into the top alliances & tried to gauge them. Some have everyone as a commander, so I'm assuming they use the pay it forward method. Others may have 2 commanders at most. The guys at S.H.I.E.L.D only have 2 commanders but they're made from the top players on the mpq forum so they have hp to spare.
Anyways in retrospect I think making the folks who do pay to get in a commander isn't a bad idea. That way they can't be kicked. It would suck if someone pays to join & we just drop them.
Broly, how's the recruiting going? Gravel went ahead & opened a spot for you whenever you're ready.

Broly, how's the recruiting going? Gravel went ahead & opened a spot for you whenever you're ready.
Not as smoothly as I would have hoped, but we have only been trying for less than a day so I am not worried haha.

Next time I am on I will hop in there thanks.

The list is still at about 3 people. If I can get at least 7 people, I can eat the little bit of cost and make it a flat $7 for each of those 7 people. Havent heard back from anyone on CheapA$$Gamer yet so we could easily hit at least 7 soon. If we can get 12 people then the price wont go down really BUT that means those extra 5 people dont have to pay way more. So we shall see, I say we give it a week or so before I move forward and buy any bulk HP.

Sounds fine to me. I'm probably not chipping in. I've done just fine so far w/o needing to pay physical cash for this "free" game and I'd like to keep it this way.

I've been semi using Torch, Magneto and Thor for my team and they actually make a decent Rainbow team. Torch would be better if he was leveled up and powered up more.

I'm so sick of fighting the same level 85s Thor, Storm, and Wolverines over and over and over.... 

They should a design a tournament that doesn't include those three. (And I don't mean just the one star tournament)

Sounds fine to me. I'm probably not chipping in. I've done just fine so far w/o needing to pay physical cash for this "free" game and I'd like to keep it this way.

I've been semi using Torch, Magneto and Thor for my team and they actually make a decent Rainbow team. Torch would be better if he was leveled up and powered up more.

I'm so sick of fighting the same level 85s Thor, Storm, and Wolverines over and over and over....

They should a design a tournament that doesn't include those three. (And I don't mean just the one star tournament)
Well if you change your mind, you know what to do! ; P

I always justify it that like, if I play a game so much, they deserve my money at least a little. I will gladly drop $50 at Best Buy with GCU for new releases that in the end I don't even play as much or consistently as most mobile games (2-3 hour public transportation commute every day). After I play a free game for so long I feel like I am stealing from them almost and want to support them.

That is by no means me trying to convince you, just my personal opinion on the growing F2P model in general.

That being said I AM SO SICK OF THOSE TEAMS TOO. It seems weird but would be nice to just have a normal tournament but have those specific characters not usable, simple as that haha

That being said I AM SO SICK OF THOSE TEAMS TOO. It seems weird but would be nice to just have a normal tournament but have those specific characters not usable, simple as that haha
Lol yep, sTHORmverines, all around for everyone! I actually just lost a round because I had a storm use her yellow in retaliation to an attack, which sent off the other teams yellow & killed my team. Talk about a bitch move. I didnt even know her yellow could set off the opponents yellow since I always target her first. Lets not forget about OBW everywhere too, Im guilty of that.

Who are the other guys you avoid? When I see a level 100+ Hulk or Spidey I usually try and skip them too. Ive been caught in the spidey stun trap way too many times. Hulk pisses me off with that black power, mostly because I dont have 1 black cover for him!

I think people need to learn the MN Mags/C storm combo just does not work on defense. I target those teams with a passion cause they're easy kills. Hit storm first leaving Mags who has no defense. Lets not even talk about human torch. He dies first, no matter what. Since they give you a free Torch & mine is only 3 levels above, no reason to waste health packs on my personal one.

I have to thank the last simulator for opening my eyes on Ares, he now gets put in my assault teams. Save up green to about 20+ Basically you almost always insta-kill someone. Psylocke gets put in for short bursts, her attack and strike tiles are very effective, problem is her vitals arent that strong. Plus cant put her and OBW together since Psylocke gets all tiles but purple.

Even with the nerfs Thor/Storm/Wolverine are still just too damn effective. Plus we've been using them so long we know how to use them best. I remember when Wolverines green only cost 3 green. Man you were killing with him back when it all started. Thor too, everyone had 5 in red & the bare minimum in green, because red was cheap and powerful. Ah memories....

I really hope they implement a way to share covers within the alliance. I know not everyone is down for paying real money, hell Im not either, but Id like a way to reward the members of the team when I can. I can see everyone's roster, I know what you guys need. If it comes a time that we can share covers I'll def throw my extras to top performers or the ones who have opened up new spots in the alliance. Lets just hope they move in that direction so I can.

Speaking of that, Go CAGvengers! Already guaranteed at least 50 HP back from the tourney, anyone break a sweat on it? Nope didnt think so. Just nobody go wasting HP on healthpacks or something, this isnt a tourney to really try hard on. Unless you really just want a ragnarok bad.

New Heroic Mode event is up.

Edit - The heroes are extremely limited for this, at least so far.  2 star Hawkeye and Wolverine, 1 star Iron Man and Storm, 3 star Black Panther.

I guess I'm the rube then...
I wouldnt say that, Ive thought about dropping money on this game LOTS OF TIMES. Issues I have are buying packs with no guarantee of specific covers. Thats one HUGE deterrent for me, Id gladly pay some cash to know Im guaranteed a certain character. And by that I mean NOT buying one of those 3700 HP cover packs for maybe 1 out of 10 covers to be the one I want.

Then there's the abundance of HP/iso you can gain throughout gameplay. I can understand both sides, those that pay money and those that dont. Im not a top level player, Im not going to be but I will have fun with the game. So no man dont ever think it was a mistake to spend some cash, like Broly says, they do good work why not send something their way. Plus you'll get rewarded; like I said I hope they change it to where alliances can share/trade covers, so I can do more for everyone.

Rags has a battle cry? I honestly turn the sound down, the background music isnt that great & the sound effects are kinda annoying.

I spent a little in the beginning, back when I was getting covers faster than I had slots to put them in. At least it was discounted?

That was before I realized I didn't need to ever worry about the one stars in my roster.
Same here!

I actually finally officially rid myself of all my one stars. 3 stars only for me! (and my few 2 stars) : P

Wow this heroic event, just wow.  Went through one round on the easy setting.  Can anyone make a good team out of the choices you get?  Human Torch is boosted, so have to use him.  Psylocke is my highest leveled character so I use her, then wolverine or Hawkeye.  If you're trying to make a rainbow team, Bagman is the only one with a useable purple skill!

I'll try the hard version later tonight, but I dont know how well I'll do.  Oh and how is spiderman in the cut scenes but aside from Bagman you cant use spiderman? Thats just poor planning. In the original Venom levels spiderman was a given character on some nodes.

Wow this heroic event, just wow. Went through one round on the easy setting. Can anyone make a good team out of the choices you get? Human Torch is boosted, so have to use him. Psylocke is my highest leveled character so I use her, then wolverine or Hawkeye. If you're trying to make a rainbow team, Bagman is the only one with a useable purple skill!

I'll try the hard version later tonight, but I dont know how well I'll do. Oh and how is spiderman in the cut scenes but aside from Bagman you cant use spiderman? Thats just poor planning. In the original Venom levels spiderman was a given character on some nodes.
I have Wolverine and Hawkeye with decent levels, but my third slot is awful. No Human Torch or Psylocke, so I have a 1 skill Black Panther, a 1 star Iron Man at level 26, or a 1 star Storm at level 18. It's been pretty rough so far.

It depends on the boards. I've done 1 run through of easy and almost done with hard. Hard has actually been easier because of the crappy boards I was getting in easy.

I don't have Human Torch as I opted for the Ares cover. Of course, they're showering me with his covers now that I don't need them. I've got 3 to sell. I'm using Wolvie, Iron Man, and my weaklings (Psylocke, Storm and Black Panther) are interchangable and disposable.

I use Wolverine, Torch (who I have at base level 28 so him boosted is quite good) and then either Panther or Psylocke. Each of those last two die pretty quickly so I just cycle between them.

I already beat all of the easy and am in the top 10 at the moment but I am not liking this event really because of the insanely small amount of characters we can use.

1. haku67

2. My friend from my alliance right now (plays a ton)

3. ltrain23

So we clearly need more people! CheapA$$Gamer is still undecided but we could really use them. We are already super high ranked in the Alliances in this current event and I am confident that if we get 20 of us we could EASILY get the rare card reward each event.

Where are you guys ranked right now, alliance-wise? Juggs (assuming that's Broly's friend) and I are sitting at # 945, and I'm assuming our 950+ points combined in the Hotshot event "might" be helpful. I'm all for getting in when I can, rather than waiting for the dust to settle. I have the iso to open up a spot for someone else. I understand the hesitance to make everyone and their mother a commander, but for me, that wouldn't be an issue. I'd open a spot and call it good, and hopefully be able to relinquish command with a future update.

Where are you guys ranked right now, alliance-wise? Juggs (assuming that's Broly's friend) and I are sitting at # 945, and I'm assuming our 950+ points combined in the Hotshot event "might" be helpful. I'm all for getting in when I can, rather than waiting for the dust to settle. I have the iso to open up a spot for someone else. I understand the hesitance to make everyone and their mother a commander, but for me, that wouldn't be an issue. I'd open a spot and call it good, and hopefully be able to relinquish command with a future update.
I was thinking the same thing. The longer we wait the more rewards we lose out on. With you, my buddy Jugg and then haku67 I would be fine with just ONE more person even and then I will pick up the Asgardian Pack and just pay for the other points myself because I would rather have a larger alliance sooner. So literally lets try and hunt down just one more person and then we can ramp up our size to 12

The magneto storm combo works if I can pull it off fast enough. Either Mag fills his purple to be a blue battery for storm, or Storm just gets enough blue on her own. Her stun for 4 turns is usually enough for me to win the round.

This simulator mode is okay. I like that they're forcing me to use my less popular characters. I seem to have no trouble clearing out the hard mode.

bread's done
Back