Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Opened up three new slots, I just bought Asgardian pack, I am antsy. Hopefully we can get more people soon.

The three new spots I have opened up are for ltrain, Juggernaut and haku.

My buddy Juggernaut just joined and already our rank was boosted quite a bit!!

We really need more takers because then we will be top 100 easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, I'll be no help in the Dark Avengers tourney. I have a level 22 Ares... that's it. 

I'm trying to get a win with him, so I can get whooped  up on and lower my MMR, but it might be tough.

Hopefully I can snag a Yelena cover just to tank this one.

Welcome everyone new to the CAGvengers, thanks for taking a part in it all.  Play as much as you can cause every little bit helps!  We've got a high enough score that we're already guaranteed at least 50-100 HP back already.  We're so close to the mid tier rewards for a cover, if we can just get a couple more people we will be up there.

Since this now is actually coming together we can use this forum more to strategize with each other, while still sharing tips.

ltrain just mentioned how he wont be much help in the Dark Avengers tourney.  I dont want everyone to feel we have to place tops in EVERY event/tourney.  With everyone's rosters being so diverse, thats just not going to happen.  Some events you may not have the required covers or them at decent levels.  I get that & I understand. Like the rewards in the Human Torch tourney sucked, I was using that to tank, now this Dark avengers tourney comes up & I feel like tanking it too. 

I want there to be open communication in this thread about the directions we're taking. Right now I think focus is more on the Heroic mode than tournaments, since events are usually easier for everyone to rank well.  Having said that good luck to all, we got some good players now & our rank has jumped up very well.

Ah dammit...I was too late to fight the seed teams for the Dark Avengers tourney.  Looks like I have to play for real, naturally Ares has been leveled up. I think Moonstone, Daken, & Ragnarok are in their 40's on my team.  May not be too hard for me, just dont want to put much iso into them for this one, but at least the rewards look decent.

Can someone explain the strategy of tanking a specific event? Does it make the next event easier?
Tanking is building a team, preferable a crappy team, in hopes of getting your butt kicked. The reason for this is to lower your MMR, Match Making Rank. The theory is if you play horrible you will be paired up with lower ranking opponents. Which means that the opponents you face in a tournament will be easier to defeat.

The other option in tanking is to constantly retreat from battles. Its easier to do but you risk the chances of killing off your team. The plus side of that is after 5-10 battles your rank is dropped and your opponents are noticeably easier. Plus since you're just retreating you can change out whoever you want. Since they're not going to be your main team it really doesnt matter about their hit points or if they die.

Ive tested this theory and it does work. Most people dont know about it & still fight as hard as they can. I still get paired up with some level 100 3*'s but for the most part I battle 2* teams with characters that range from 60-85. If you play often you will really be able to tell the difference in your opponents.

If you do decide to tank the best strategy is to hit the seed teams the moment a tournament opens. You know who the seed teams are as they are LOW ranked mostly 1* teams. I think BaconMagic and Wannabeskrull are 2 of those teams. Your last team who WINS a battle is your defending team and the one other opponents are going to face. So your tank team has to win in order to fight other opponents while you're away. My tank team usually involves the given character, in this tournament Human Torch, and a combo of Bagman,Bullseye, or Daredevil. ALWAYS put bagman in your tank team, most people see him & target him with a passion. Those in the know will target your bagman just to help you tank.

I think thats the basics with tanking, if I didnt cover something or you have something more specific you can ask or try looking at the D3 Tanking thread.

"What Exactly is Tanking?"

Hopefully I can snag a Yelena cover just to tank this one.
Lol no hopefully about that, I saved up 10 standard recruit tokens. All of them were 1*'s not even 1 damn modern hawkeye..... I think since the dark avengers tourney was coming up they were boosting me up. Mostly Venom's, Yelena's, and Juggernauts all 1*'s that I dont need and definitely dont want.

Also this is the 2nd time saving up standard recruit tokens has done this to me. Usually I save 5-10 & get at least 1 2* token. Ive even been lucky to pull a 3* from them before. Now Ive havent been pulling anything but 1*, not even the 25 HP Id get every once and while. Anyone else noticing pulls are getting worse?

Also this is the 2nd time saving up standard recruit tokens has done this to me. Usually I save 5-10 & get at least 1 2* token. Ive even been lucky to pull a 3* from them before. Now Ive havent been pulling anything but 1*, not even the 25 HP Id get every once and while. Anyone else noticing pulls are getting worse?
I pulled two ModHawk's this morning. Since everyone needs those. The rest were a mix of MBW and CHawk. Maybe 1 Iron Man. Not a single cover I could use out of 9.

Lol no hopefully about that, I saved up 10 standard recruit tokens. All of them were 1*'s not even 1 damn modern hawkeye..... I think since the dark avengers tourney was coming up they were boosting me up. Mostly Venom's, Yelena's, and Juggernauts all 1*'s that I dont need and definitely dont want.

Actually, I've spent 100 HP on the daily hero deals and have gotten three star characters both time. A magneto and Ragnarok.

Ragnarok I had already sold off, and I should have had two Classic Magento covers but I let the one from the daily rewards expire.

My Torch just died from the HAMMER Flamethrower move.... does not compute...
What also doesnt make sense, Human Torch's color powers. Red, well yeah, Black maybe, Uh Green!?!? Why not yellow? That makes more sense. I mean really is it that hard to make a YELLOW useful power, aside from Thor's.

When you look at it it sure looks like it. Wolverines are usually passive and just heal. Classic storm is good but its passive so I dont count it. Iron Man 40 recharges colors, but then it stuns him, which sometimes sucks. Probably why I hardly use him. Iron man 35's yellow is decent but he's a 1* which means against higher level enemies he's worthless. Black panthers makes strike tiles & uses environment tiles in the process. You can argue for Ares sunder all you want, but a move that costs health and makes a countdown tile sucks. Why the hell doesnt he get more health back from the countdown tile anyways? Captain America makes protect tiles, IF you ever get enough yellow for them. Hood's is decent, if you can even get the yellow covers, but that ends the turn. Thor is the only really useful yellow power, decent damage and makes green tiles. Oh I forgot Bagman has a yellow power...do I need to go there? I guess I could make a snarky remark about it (see what I did there?)

OK having said all that, so what is the best power out there? Like which one do you guys love to use? Not the one you use most often but the most awesome move that if you had all the colors youd just drop non stop.

For me I think its MN Magneto's blue power at 5, its pointless as hell but there's something thats just satisfying about blowing out all the tiles on the board at once. Like I said pointless & once I got another purple cover I lowered the blue from 5. Still though, watching that countdown tile go off then the whole board gets wiped clean Id think to myself, "Yeah bitch you though you had your next move all planned out didnt you?" or "where's all your strike/protect tiles now?"

Hmm thinking about strike/protect tiles, food for thought, always take a Loki into a Daken/Bullseye fight. Now thats a fun time.

What also doesnt make sense, Human Torch's color powers. Red, well yeah, Black maybe, Uh Green!?!? Why not yellow? That makes more sense. I mean really is it that hard to make a YELLOW useful power, aside from Thor's.

When you look at it it sure looks like it. Wolverines are usually passive and just heal. Classic storm is good but its passive so I dont count it. Iron Man 40 recharges colors, but then it stuns him, which sometimes sucks. Probably why I hardly use him. Iron man 35's yellow is decent but he's a 1* which means against higher level enemies he's worthless. Black panthers makes strike tiles & uses environment tiles in the process. You can argue for Ares sunder all you want, but a move that costs health and makes a countdown tile sucks. Why the hell doesnt he get more health back from the countdown tile anyways? Captain America makes protect tiles, IF you ever get enough yellow for them. Hood's is decent, if you can even get the yellow covers, but that ends the turn. Thor is the only really useful yellow power, decent damage and makes green tiles. Oh I forgot Bagman has a yellow power...do I need to go there? I guess I could make a snarky remark about it (see what I did there?)

OK having said all that, so what is the best power out there? Like which one do you guys love to use? Not the one you use most often but the most awesome move that if you had all the colors youd just drop non stop.

For me I think its MN Magneto's blue power at 5, its pointless as hell but there's something thats just satisfying about blowing out all the tiles on the board at once. Like I said pointless & once I got another purple cover I lowered the blue from 5. Still though, watching that countdown tile go off then the whole board gets wiped clean Id think to myself, "Yeah bitch you though you had your next move all planned out didnt you?" or "where's all your strike/protect tiles now?"

Hmm thinking about strike/protect tiles, food for thought, always take a Loki into a Daken/Bullseye fight. Now thats a fun time.
I have used Cap's Yellow move a bunch and it is REALLY helpful I think, but yeah getting the amount to use it is the hard thing. I hope that the new Steve Rogers leveled up will have a more effective version of that yellow move.

I completely agree about Mags blowing the whole board, oddly satisfying haha.

I really like Doom's Summon Demons just because it is so strong leveled up. Adding that many SUPER powerful strike tiles is awesome. My problem right now is that I have 5 in his black but none in his blue move which powers his black : / Womp womp womp

My problem right now is that I have 5 in his black but none in his blue move which powers his black : / Womp womp womp
That's the funny part, blue is the sucky power but all I have are his black skill too. You'd figure they'd throw the blue power at you left & right. Like when I get black panther or psylocke, I usually get that worthless blue power. For some reason that skill it's so elusive, it's not like turning blue tiles black is really that great. Hell must characters don't even use black powers.

Woke up to a massive beat down in the bad is good tournament. So many Ares moonstone daken ragnarok combos and variations. Just goes to show yelena & venom are worthless.

There seems to be some kind of color guide for powers, where each color has a general type of power associated (with a few obvious exceptions). Spidey's yellow is decent, especially if you can't keep the stun locks consistent and have been taking a few hits. If OBW is locked out, I always give him serious consideration even though I don't have a full cover set, depending on who else is on the team.

Unless you are using a team where Torch is the only one with a green power or he is boosted like the current Venom event (I do like being able to get some good green matches early and doing 600+ damage a turn), the drawback to Torch's green is pretty severe. I guess the idea with the FF is that their powers are pretty rough at low levels, but are good at higher levels - Invisible Woman is kinda useless with one cover, but playing against a full cover version in events, she can wreck a team even with the predictable AI. I do appreciate that they are inventing new types of powers, even if they aren't all home runs. I just think I'd rather have fists on the board rather than a countdown tile, the scaling isn't worth the cost in green or the interaction with an enemy OBW's blue.

That being said, I wonder if a high level Torch (5 in Green), high level Grey Widow (5 in Purple) and high level Thor (either one, 5 in Yellow) is as crazy as I imagine it could be. I have nowhere near the covers needed to make that happen, though.

As for favorite power, I'm a fan of Punisher's Red, especially when you're fighting 230's with 10k+ health in an event.

Just tried my first 50% Damage to all enemies (Heroic Mode Only) boost in a Deadly mission and it didn't work - no effect. Anyone else? Am I missing something? I was hoping to rack up some last day points in Deadly using these boosts, but if they're not working...

Seems to work for me. I almost always spend the 100 ISO on the color specific boosts, and then usually add all 5 until it's up to 50%.

That next to last mission on deadly is too much for me with these limited characters. My Wolverine is only 40 or so. I can't seem to get past that 70+ Daken, Bullseye and Yelena. 

Although it's been close.

The Target Lock ones only target certain types of characters. Notice how they say does 50% to....."Hammer, Maggia, Mutants, etc." 

If you're not fighting that type of foe, they wont do anything.

I get those, but I'm wondering about the 50% Damage to all enemies (Heroic Mode Only) boost I mentioned previously which is a target lock boost. I'm asking because I'm not seeing a 50% increase in attack damage. For example, my 85 Wolvie does 150 damage with a 3 green match. I would think with the boost it should be 225, but it's not.

I rarely use boosts, and even when I do I use the max I can to actually see a difference.  Its like strike tiles, sometimes I dont even notice the addition to attack when they're on the board.  However if I ever fight an enemy Daken I notice the effects drastically on my team.

I guess I shouldnt have postponed on playing this weekend.  I kept saying Oh I'll wait for the points to increase & I'll just rubberband up to the top.  Yeah havent got far in deadly mode, only in the top 20 in my bracket in easy mode, & struggling to be in the top 100 on the Bad is Good Tourney.  I spread myself thin & thats my fault, but damn had I dont better thats a lot of Red & Yellow Steve Rogers covers....that I guess I dont really care about. Then there's the healthpacks, too little & my guys arent doing that good in deadly mode, even boosted. Here's how bad Im doing in the event, with such a limited roster my bagman is even seeing play.  I think maybe he's at level 20 but I cant believe Im actually getting use out of him against goons & Hammer agents.

I spent a little in the beginning, back when I was getting covers faster than I had slots to put them in. At least it was discounted?

That was before I realized I didn't need to ever worry about the one stars in my roster.
I still love me some modern storm. She can cheaply clear up a board clogged with useless environmental tiles and she is dead useful on sand and forest boards.

If anyone is interested in joining the CAGvengers for those sweet alliance boosts, we totaled about 5000 iso and 150 HP in the events that ended last night. Contact BrolyB593 if you're interested in a spot. And remember, the more people we can get (up to 20), the better those rewards will be. 

On that note, if we can get enough people (or enough points) to get into the top 100 on the Captain America event, I could REALLY use that Hulk black cover. I'll be shooting for the top 25 for the red and the 100 hp, but the black would be a sweet bonus.

Is the benefit of the 3 star Cap just the higher ceiling?  The powers are the same right?

The only good things I've managed recently were another Ragnarok cover and another Ares cover.  Now my Ares can be maxed out when I get the ISO.

Is the benefit of the 3 star Cap just the higher ceiling? The powers are the same right?

The only good things I've managed recently were another Ragnarok cover and another Ares cover. Now my Ares can be maxed out when I get the ISO.
The 3 star versions have stronger base values at each level, stronger moves and can as you said be leveled up far more.

Just look here and compare his moves and you can see the big difference.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America_(Modern)

vs

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America_(Steve_Rogers)

They make it where it seems a waste to try and level the 2 star versions now. Both him and Thor were almost 85 but I refuse to put a single ISO more in them when their 3 star counterparts are available and so much better

My one complaint about the move is that it makes them in a circle in the middle and it can be any color. It makes it really hard to match things then and NOT destroy your own tiles.
I noticed this, I thought it was just random that he clustered it in the center until it happened every time. I think I know what they're doing. I'm guessing if you fully power torch up 5 in green the attack tiles make the number 4. Like when he creates the fantastic four symbol with his flames. That's the only reason I see the tiles always placed in the center with the same pattern each time. But yes it sucks because usually they get matched quickly since they are in the center.

I finished in the top 40 on the Hard Mode. Could have maybe done top 20 if I had my Wolverine leveled up more. Think I'll stick to the easy side this time. Probably won't get in as much playing due to work anyway.

Really not interested in the Steve Rogers rewards anyway. Will try the first Avenger tourny perhaps. I think I already have 5 green hulk covers anyway.

I noticed this, I thought it was just random that he clustered it in the center until it happened every time. I think I know what they're doing. I'm guessing if you fully power torch up 5 in green the attack tiles make the number 4. Like when he creates the fantastic four symbol with his flames. That's the only reason I see the tiles always placed in the center with the same pattern each time. But yes it sucks because usually they get matched quickly since they are in the center.
Hmm, that would be interesting but mine is already at level 3 and I can't imagine them giving that many tiles. I sure hope so though, not only would that look cool but that would make him even stronger!

I finished in the top 40 on the Hard Mode. Could have maybe done top 20 if I had my Wolverine leveled up more. Think I'll stick to the easy side this time. Probably won't get in as much playing due to work anyway.

Really not interested in the Steve Rogers rewards anyway. Will try the first Avenger tourny perhaps. I think I already have 5 green hulk covers anyway.
Just wait until the last few hours of the event in Hard Mode to start at all and then just play the crap out of it for that little bit of time.

I waited until there was like 12 hours left and I easily snagged top 20.

Yeah, sucks for me, my 2 star Thor and Cap were both at 85 before the new versions came out.  I have 5 green Hulks, but no other colors, I'd love to land some black ones so I could boost him more and get the benefit of all the extra greens on the board.

This is from one of the Site Admin's on the MPQ thread, for Human Torch:

Max stats as of 4/8/14

5075 HP
12/67/11/52/10/60/3.0x/3

Abilities at Level 5
Fireball - 2891 damage
Inferno - 8x 192 strength Attack tiles
Flame Jet - 231 damage per AP, max 2083

Yeah, sucks for me, my 2 star Thor and Cap were both at 85 before the new versions came out. I have 5 green Hulks, but no other colors, I'd love to land some black ones so I could boost him more and get the benefit of all the extra greens on the board.
THIS!

I have 1 red hulk cover and when I do pull a Hulk it's always another green. I would love 1 black cover, just one, pretty please? I mean I thought hey Ive got 5 greens for hulk Im doing good. Plus the red is fairly worthless anyways since it uses up all your green too.

Ive switched up this time, I started Deadly mode first, since easy was well easy. I tried going into deadly half done in the last 12 hours. Everyone had already pushed the levels up on the enemies so it was an uphill battle for me, then I kept over using my healthpacks the second they recharged. Human Torch just kept dying too.

Also I learned a lesson that Im gonna share with you today kids. If you see a Venom/Storm team on the forest level, I dont care if they only have them leveled in the 30's just dont do it. I just sat there as Steve Rogers, level 66 Hulk and Grey Suit Black widow just got their asses handed to them. I stupidly watched hoping I would get a turn, instead of retreating. Once storm got enough Reds all I saw was an endless loop of mistress of the elements, Thorned rose, symbiote snare, devour, lightning strike, make a match, then rinse and repeat. Once they made a match I thought yay my turn, oh wait no Im stunned one turn. Always know your enemies before you get into a fight and never overestimate yourself because you're at a higher level.

This is from one of the Site Admin's on the MPQ thread, for Human Torch:

Max stats as of 4/8/14

5075 HP
12/67/11/52/10/60/3.0x/3

Abilities at Level 5
Fireball - 2891 damage
Inferno - 8x 192 strength Attack tiles
Flame Jet - 231 damage per AP, max 2083
Damn!

Good thing I have quite a few covers for him. I was really hoping he would kick some ass. His red can take over Astonishing Wolverine's plus he destroys two red tiles. Inferno is much better than Dooms move and then Flame Jet would be AMAZING with Hulk.

Damn!

Good thing I have quite a few covers for him. I was really hoping he would kick some ass. His red can take over Astonishing Wolverine's plus he destroys two red tiles. Inferno is much better than Dooms move and then Flame Jet would be AMAZING with Hulk.
Remember, that's at level 141, when you get there. Strike tiles also work with Flame Jet when it goes off.

Everyone had already pushed the levels up on the enemies so it was an uphill battle for me, then I kept over using my healthpacks the second they recharged. Human Torch just kept dying too.never overestimate yourself because you're at a higher level.
If you have the time and a healer character, you can get away with only using health packs when someone is downed and you want to get back into the fight right away. I use OBW, but Spidey would work. Just head over to the prologue and load up an easy Hammer match. Just match what you need to power a heal, and by that time you'll have already won. As a side effect, you might clean up rewards you haven't gotten around to.

If you have the time and a healer character, you can get away with only using health packs when someone is downed and you want to get back into the fight right away. I use OBW, but Spidey would work. Just head over to the prologue and load up an easy Hammer match. Just match what you need to power a heal, and by that time you'll have already won. As a side effect, you might clean up rewards you haven't gotten around to.
Can't use OBW in this event, can you use Spidey? Either way I dont have any Spirderman still somehow : /

That being said I feel the need to peer pressure you into joining CAGvengers. We currently have 11 people and easily scored in the top 300 with a couple people who did nothing. We are completely cool dropping the one person who did nothing and giving you that spot for free. Then if you can pull the rest of your Alliance, or even just a few of the people to come over then we would be that much closer to all getting top tier Alliance rewards!

Just head over to the prologue and load up an easy Hammer match. Just match what you need to power a heal, and by that time you'll have already won.
Yeah I keep thinking, hey Im gonna do that, but then I have got to the point where my team is already dead. I used to use that spidey node to do it until they changed his powers & you couldnt anymore. Next time I wont pick a node thats too easy, the other reason I stopped doing that was Id kill all the enemies before I healed, that or theyd drop countdown tiles & I wouldnt heal fast enough. I get like that too, I always get upset theyre dropping countdown tiles, then I get pissed and just kill em.

PS Join CAGvengers!

Speaking about the CAGvengers alliance, this is the 1st day of round 2 on Heroic mode and the First Avenger Tourney. 

I'd like input on what everyone's game plan is.  Im hitting deadly mode first then will get back into easy mode, going on and off on the tournament since most characters I use in tournaments I cant use in Heroic mode.

What I also want is input from everyone about our team.  You can PM Broly or me if you have questions or concerns.  So when you have a chance take a look at the alliance rank and take a look where we stand.  We got a good amount of rewards last night, I just want to know what ideas everyone has to get better ones. Lol and yes play more is a given, but other than that, what else could we do?

Can't use OBW in this event, can you use Spidey? Either way I dont have any Spirderman still somehow : /
Let me clarify: you can back out of the current event and go to the prologue tab to heal (the place where the single player campaign is). There are no roster restrictions, and no boosted characters. The key is to find something easy (so you don't generally lose health), but not so easy that you can't gather the necessary color without killing the AI. I also try to avoid any encounters with Pyros or such, so you can focus any damage timers you can't clear on your healer, which they should be able to tank. You might need to play more than once, depending on how injured your team is or the lack of matches on the board.

I like to pick Hammer encounters in either Venom or Oscorp. If you pick something with a Lieutenant, let his yellow timer go off to extend the battle. The Maggia encounters in Dark Avengers would probably help collect blue faster, but they are just strong enough that you'll have to actually pay attention to winning.

That being said I feel the need to peer pressure you into joining CAGvengers. We currently have 11 people and easily scored in the top 300 with a couple people who did nothing. We are completely cool dropping the one person who did nothing and giving you that spot for free. Then if you can pull the rest of your Alliance, or even just a few of the people to come over then we would be that much closer to all getting top tier Alliance rewards!
You probably want to cut off my hand and reveal you're my father, too, right? :shock:

Speaking about the CAGvengers alliance, this is the 1st day of round 2 on Heroic mode and the First Avenger Tourney.

I'd like input on what everyone's game plan is. Im hitting deadly mode first then will get back into easy mode, going on and off on the tournament since most characters I use in tournaments I cant use in Heroic mode.

What I also want is input from everyone about our team. You can PM Broly or me if you have questions or concerns. So when you have a chance take a look at the alliance rank and take a look where we stand. We got a good amount of rewards last night, I just want to know what ideas everyone has to get better ones. Lol and yes play more is a given, but other than that, what else could we do?
I am doing Easy Mode up until the last 12 hours of Hard Mode, in which I will go hard in that. I am shooting top 20 for each this time. I have my Torch at like level 42 right now (pre boost of course) which is really helping.

I am going to hover in the Tournament probably around 200. Would rather have recruit tokens than Moonstone personally and I wont have much time for this anyway.

Let me clarify: you can back out of the current event and go to the prologue tab to heal (the place where the single player campaign is). There are no roster restrictions, and no boosted characters. The key is to find something easy (so you don't generally lose health), but not so easy that you can't gather the necessary color without killing the AI. I also try to avoid any encounters with Pyros or such, so you can focus any damage timers you can't clear on your healer, which they should be able to tank. You might need to play more than once, depending on how injured your team is or the lack of matches on the board.

I like to pick Hammer encounters in either Venom or Oscorp. If you pick something with a Lieutenant, let his yellow timer go off to extend the battle. The Maggia encounters in Dark Avengers would probably help collect blue faster, but they are just strong enough that you'll have to actually pay attention to winning.

You probably want to cut off my hand and reveal you're my father, too, right? :shock:
DUHHHHHHHH. :dunce:

Haha that was stupid of me. I didnt even read all of your blurb about the healing because it clicked right away what you meant haha.

That method sounds great and I will likely be doing that a bunch to heal Wolverine and Torch!

And I mean... if it comes to that it comes to that... Haha but in all seriousness we all would GREATLY mutually benefit from combining Alliances. That is what I did with downsouth a bit ago and it was WELL worth it for everyone involved; just trying to maximize all of our playtime/rewards!

This is exactly what I've been doing since I got my OBW to a decent level. Works great for saving health packs until you really need them. For the events, I'm focused on easy at the moment, but having my best success in the Cap tourney. The lack of available characters isn't doing me any favors in Heroic mode. I keep hoping I'll pull a Torch when I get a special token, but no luck yet. I did manage another Ares immediately after I maxed his powers, naturally.

I did manage another Ares immediately after I maxed his powers, naturally.
I was not getting ANY 2 star wolverines, but of course since I have maxed him out now, I cannot even count how many I have gotten, at least 20. Same goes with OBW : /

Ack! I haven't read all of the posts in here yet, but I went on vacation for a week (still played at least 10 matches during that time) and suddenly this morning I'm no longer in CAGVengers! :oldman:

They noticed that you scored 0 in at least one of the heroic modes. I hope I never (A) lose my phone (B) Go on vacation (C) Get too busy to play for a couple days (D) I could go on...

Stuff happens. People have lives. My man here, albeit still getting into the game, was active before getting booted. Let's not get too power hungry, as we all joined for better rewards. I've already got my money's worth. Let's keep making it more about having fun with a great game than trying to be the best... which no CAG will ever be. We're too damn cheap!

Ack! I haven't read all of the posts in here yet, but I went on vacation for a week (still played at least 10 matches during that time) and suddenly this morning I'm no longer in CAGVengers! :oldman:
We didnt know what happened to you. I posted stuff in the alliance chat and in the thread. People get burned out on mobile games quick. After not hearing from you & I dont think you played much we just figured that you were bored of it. Its how I feel about candy crush, Im bored of it, uninstalled it from my phone but every once and while I play on facebook.

After Broly & I merged alliances we talked with everyone about the game plan, well you saw the posts. If we had known what was up that wouldve been different. None of really realized alliances would be a thing, but thats what they became.

Plus ltrain said he really wanted those rewards, we tried to stop him, Oh god I remember that day....my hands will never be clean again..... :shock:

No one was stopping me. I'll do whatever it takes. For this black Hulk cover? Expect worse. No one is safe.
Lol we aint getting that black hulk cover. I was #9 last night in the tournament. I woke up I was attacked and lost 174 points..... thats 174 points we lost in our rankings. I dont even know what rank I am or we are, after seeing that I shook my head & put down my phone. I think we have a day left? Im gonna have to use some of our HP for shields I just know it. Although I have 5 green covers, all I really want in the personal rewards is that red.

Ugh.

It wasn't being power hungry guys it was more of just trying to maximize everyone's efforts.

We had reached out multiple times here and on the game to get feedback from everyone or at least some sort of response and we discussed that it seemed since there was no response that Kerig had just dropped the game for the most part.

I know there are times I dont play and stuff so I don't want people to act like they are scared of getting kicked by any means. The main concern was that people payed with either their own Hero Points or actual money to be in the group and so we just wanted to be fair to them and since Kerig was in before the merger of the Alliances and so didn't have to pay and was not active and was not responsive we just thought we would try our luck replacing him with a random player and keep trying to find randoms until we scored a really high scoring one.

In the end is it CAGs first though after all, that is what this whole site is about. 100% transparency though, the fact that as soon as we kicked you, you noticed seems a bit shady especially since you have to check the Alliances to even see that, BUT this is CAG and you are a Vet here and so you of course get the benefit of the doubt. That being said then, we will open up a new spot for you, just please be aware that the Alliance does take the game fairly seriously especially since most of us 'invested' in it and the more people we have playing a bunch, the better we all score!

Communication is key with everything, even silly things like this.

Speaking of communication, yeah ltrain did unspeakable things... I have never seen someone want a cover so badly  :twoguns:

oh and to get in you will have to search for CAGvengers and be sure to check that it is private.

I won't get much time to play today.  I'd like to get in the top 50 for the First Avenger tournament, but I'm not sure if that is possible.

Another top 20 finish in the deadly mode would be nice, but  I'm working all this week Weekends are nice when I can squeeze in a few matches every few hours.

I won't get much time to play today. I'd like to get in the top 50 for the First Avenger tournament, but I'm not sure if that is possible.

Another top 20 finish in the deadly mode would be nice, but I'm working all this week Weekends are nice when I can squeeze in a few matches every few hours.
Even with getting hit for 174 points I moved from #9 to #38, so its possible. I dont think too many people are after the hulk covers, at least thats what I can see. Then again I didnt think people were after the Ragnarok covers and I was proved wrong on that.

Im glad they arent dragging this heroic mode out all week. Only 2 more days & I think with rubberbanding catching up quickly shouldnt be hard. Ive started deadly mode first this time, as it seems most of us had better luck there since most people focused on easy mode.

Right now I'm going to focus on the tournament since it ends first. I dont understand how I tear through everyone offensively with my Ares/OBW/Steve Rogers team but defensively Im getting creamed. Im going to have to change up since offensively I horde greens for a 1 hit kill with Ares. The computer AI always unleashes a move when they have the appropriate color amount. Im sure my ares is just feeding green to hulks/wolverines/Thors/punishers and getting stomped on. Who's a good team on defense? I may just use a OBW with Thor or Wolverine for defense, usually they dont get beat as much.

Even with getting hit for 174 points I moved from #9 to #38, so its possible. I dont think too many people are after the hulk covers, at least thats what I can see. Then again I didnt think people were after the Ragnarok covers and I was proved wrong on that.

Im glad they arent dragging this heroic mode out all week. Only 2 more days & I think with rubberbanding catching up quickly shouldnt be hard. Ive started deadly mode first this time, as it seems most of us had better luck there since most people focused on easy mode.

Right now I'm going to focus on the tournament since it ends first. I dont understand how I tear through everyone offensively with my Ares/OBW/Steve Rogers team but defensively Im getting creamed. Im going to have to change up since offensively I horde greens for a 1 hit kill with Ares. The computer AI always unleashes a move when they have the appropriate color amount. Im sure my ares is just feeding green to hulks/wolverines/Thors/punishers and getting stomped on. Who's a good team on defense? I may just use a OBW with Thor or Wolverine for defense, usually they dont get beat as much.
Yeah, I'm at #43 in the tournament right now, using OBW and Thor, and they win me some points on defense which is always a bonus.

bread's done
Back