* * * * * 3 votes

Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Marvel Puzzle Quest Android Dark Reign F2P

#31 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Whoever does the most damage with that color gets the tile. If there is a tie, the order goes Middle > Left > Right. So in your OBW and CStorm pairing, if they are both the same level, they both do the same blue damage, so you'd want to put OBW in the middle on your team selection screen. 

As an aside, there might be a decimal value that the game doesn't show, so CStorm may still deal more damage even if it says they deal the same blue on the info screen. Mine aren't even close to the same level, so I have no way to test it.

#32 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5292 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

powered up storm and magneto made a great pair in this last event. my mags isnt high enough level for gournament though. and i only have two covers for original black widow.

a few people seems to like using ares or ragnarok. i dont see the value in that.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#33 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

a few people seems to like using ares or ragnarok. i dont see the value in that.

Ragnarok, if you have the red covers, is worth it.  Low cost red AP & he's a green tile generator.  At one point I think it only cost him 3 red AP to create 5-6 green tiles, that was fully powered though.  So imagine pairing him up with Daken and say Hulk.  So with him I understand.

Ares, people have compared him as the new Thor.  I kinda see it, but Im limited in my covers.  Plus Im with you, he sacrfices his health and gives the enemy green AP, how's that worth it?  Thats like when everyone was using Juggernaut for his high hitpoints.  Problem was the computer used headbutt so much it would kill off your juggernaut.  Won lots of battles when juggs would kill himself first even though he killed off my team.

downsouthtigger.png808860.png16265508665_7b8136b805_n.jpg

#34 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Who's ready for the Hulk event rehash? Go get your free Hulk cover now, btw.

NVM - They fixed it. When the event launched, the world score was set at 45,000. Yes, 45,000. The Hulk battle was unlocked within 5 minutes. Now it looks like they have the score reset to 450 million. Hopefully I can snag an extra cover when that score hits.

#35 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Also, Modern Thor? Just a 3 star, powered-up version of Marvel Now Thor? Apparently I wasted a lot of iso to level up my current Thor to 85 when there's a more powerful version soon to be floating around.

#36 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Who's ready for the Hulk event rehash? Go get your free Hulk cover now, btw.

Ugh I just started this up & saw that. I stupidly backed out & the damn counter was reset.  But YAY! 9 day hulk event and hulk isnt even a prize in there.  Plus this one is old school, no sub brackets, no side missions, and Im not even sure about point scaling.  SO you dont start this day one the second it starts you're not doing well.

Edit* Why the hell are there side missions on my steam game but none showed up on my android one? I dont think the devs turned the switch on completely with this one... Hulk sighting canada just opened up, I know that didnt happen on my phone....

Also, Modern Thor? Just a 3 star, powered-up version of Marvel Now Thor? Apparently I wasted a lot of iso to level up my current Thor to 85 when there's a more powerful version soon to be floating around.

Yeah Im going to read the MPQ forums, I believe there is going to be tons of bitching about this.  Especially when they just de powered thor.  If thats the case why didnt they just make him a 3 star to begin with?  If I get modern thor up to the level I have my Marvel Now Thor, whats the point of having both of them? Same powers, same everything. This was a stupid ass move, at least if they had a different power set it would be like having my 3 wolverines.

#37 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

And now the counter's up to 2.1 Billion... almost 5 times more than the adjusted score.

#38 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5292 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

I love how the top 200 people get an  Wolverine X Force cover. Somehow that seems doable.

The gossip on the forums is that the new Thor is a "gold star" meaning, a possible upgrade to the regular Thor.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#39 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5292 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Also cross posting from the forums.

Marvel Unlimited for $0.99. For the first month, then auto renewal and monthly charges.

http://marvel.com/ne...cs_for_99_cents

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#40 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

I love how the top 200 people get an  Wolverine X Force cover. Somehow that seems doable.

The gossip on the forums is that the new Thor is a "gold star" meaning, a possible upgrade to the regular Thor.

I don't believe this is true according to the announcement post on the MPQ thread:

New Hero Available via this event: Thor (Modern)
Thor (Modern) is much like his 2* variant, but with slightly modified powers and (of course) the ability to level to a max of 141 like other 3* characters. Thor is the first of his kind for this style of powering up of a character. 2* and 3* forms of Thor, while similar are still considered different versions of the same character as with any other more full variant like Black Widow (Modern) and Black Widow (Original).

#41 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Yeah until you look at the fact that there are no brackets.  I thought the same thing myself, until I realized I was like #8k out of millions.    I see all of us getting at least 1 modern thor cover though. 

Still trying to figure out what to do with my 2 star though.  If they're going to do gold versions of other characters they should start with iron man 35 or modern storm. Those 2 have been with me from the start & if they were more powerful they would be solid.

#42 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5292 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Well, seeing as how everyone in tournaments usuaully has an 85 level Thor, they had to do something to keep people playing and levelling up.

I'll stay with this Hulk Event in the hope I can pull some decent covers from the tokens.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#43 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

They were only using their level 85 Thors until they could get their 3 star characters at that level or higher (which will probably take me 3 to 4 years at this pace).

#44 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5292 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I always end up spreading my ISO around. I should dump it all on Thor to bump him up from the mid 70s to the max.

I've been using Thor, Punisher and Storm in this event. Storm doesn't do much except for her one blue stun attack. Punisher spams attack tiles, and Thor brings the Hammer down. I'm taking down the level 200 Hammer mooks no problem.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#45 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

This event, Im dumping all my ISO into Original Black widow.  Everyone else has a level 85 one, well dammit, Im gonna have one too!

I think she's at 60-70 now, but the general consensus is dump all your iso into the buffed heroes in the event. 

Now thinking about Thor being powered up for the event; so basically they're making him as poweful as the 3 star right now.

Having said that, still makes me say, whats the point?

So how'd everyone do in the hulk even the first day? I actually didnt play as much, but I was kinda bored with it the first 2 times.  I was in the top 100 & 200 respectively.  At least this time I could play the side missions because I have all the characters.

#46 BrolyB593   I'm Cheap! CAGiversary!   5902 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hah yeah and then add to the irony that 2 Star Thor is a powered up hero and so I like many others are going to level him up during this event only to have him be obsolete soon after.

I have been running with 2 Star Widow and Thor and then Black Panther and that team during this powered up event is AMAZING. nearly every fight ends and I have max health still. As you all know Thor and his green move does massive damage to everyone which I have maxed and then my Black Panther does a little over 1k damage to everyone with his black move. So basically I go for green, damage everyone, do a quick heal with my maxed healing Widow and then finish them off with Panthers black move. My matches in this event are the fastest I have ever had in this game so far haha

#47 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5292 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Finished in the top 200 for the Hulk events. Could have gone higher if I hadn't sold of my Black Panther from the last event. (Should've figured he'd be a required character later)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#48 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Man something I didnt realize, Im actually reading the Dark Reign Saga comics right now.  Funny this Event started and Im on the Hulk issues.  This is actually leading me to some interesting possible characters that should be introduced. 

Seems during Dark Reign Red Hulk caused Hulk to loose his powers somehow, so Red Hulk should be there.  Because Hulk lost his powers, Its now Bruce Banner. While he's stuck in Puny Human form, he's training hulks son, Skaar. So Definitely He should be in there.  So many potential variations of Hulk that could be put into play.

If you can, read The Incredible Hulk 603, Thats a particularly amusing issue.  Banner and Wolverine swap parenting tips while Skaar and Daken make friends. The ending made me laugh so hard.

I know this is "loosely" based on the dark reign saga, but lots of things are missing.  Iron Patriot and Sentry are the top 2, but I had totally forgot Osborne made a Dark X-men as well. Emma Frost was leader & also part of the Cabal, as was Namor. I really feel the villians are lacking, especially with a new Thor being released.  Also finding out Thor is mostly MIA during Dark Reign as well since he was banished from Asgard thanks to Loki.

The game has really led me to read the comics again. In order to get to dark reign though youd have to do a quick recap from Civil War, into Secret Invasion, then to Dark reign sagas respectively. The marvel Universe is so vast! 

#49 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Once again the Hulk event is feeling long in the tooth. 5 Days, I swear, that should be the length of the event.  Im ranked in the 2k right now.  No matter what Im not going to break into 1k, which I guess is fine, not like we're going to be maxing out our 3* thors anytime soon.

Anyone noticed the Punisher has been dropping like candy? I was doing decent with Psylocke covers, finally got another Black panther cover, and ANOTHER green hulk cover. (Why cant I get black!??!?!) But the past 2 events Ive gotten enough Punisher covers through rewards or tokens to make him Decent, well up to level 60+.

OK done with Dark Reign, onto Siege now. Finally we see Thor and how Norman Osborn loses it all in the end.  If he couldve held on a little longer they really couldve drawn that story out. Seige feels like an after thought to Dark reign, like hey this is boring now lets end this quick.

#50 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5292 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

I haven't gotten any Punisher covers out of this. Plenty of damn Captain America ones though. (Which I've quickly sold)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#51 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Oh yeah & no lie, I saved up about 7 standard tokens. Almost crapped my pants when I got a green grey suit black widow on my last pull.

When it comes to standard tokens, do you guys prefer 25 hero points or a 2-3* character? I'm getting mostly the hp than a better character; aside from that widow pull I mean.

#52 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

You guys have a ton better luck than I have had with the covers. Since this event started, I have not actually pulled a decent/usable cover once. The only covers that have been worth anything to me since this event started were the Punisher covers that you get as rewards, the Hulk event cover (which I got a few minutes in), and a Magneto daily reward cover. My last round of 11 standard tokens, I pulled 7 MBW, 2 Yelena's, a Modern Hawkeye, and 25 HP. That basically sums it up for all the tokens I get. The Heroic tokens seem to give me Modern Hawk and Cap 90% of the time (one of which I actually used for a respec, since I never get 19 yellow saved up anyway).

I wish they would've kept the rewards like they did on day 1 of this event, meaning that placing 600th or higher in an event would net you a Pumped Up Hulk Event character cover.

#53 BrolyB593   I'm Cheap! CAGiversary!   5902 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Speaking of covers, I need one more black move for my 2 star widow and I kid you not, SEVEN times now this week I have gotten her purple move SEVEN TIMES.

What. The. Hell.

I feel like my luck in the packs these past two weeks has drastically gotten way worse. 

#54 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Speaking of covers, I need one more black move for my 2 star widow and I kid you not, SEVEN times now this week I have gotten her purple move SEVEN TIMES.

How are you trying to build your Original Black Widow? I have her at a 4/5/4 build right now.  Because of the healing properties I naturally maxed out the Blue skill.  Purple & black I so far have kept at 4, I may drop purple by 1 and move it to black.  I just dont see the extra damage from the black skill to be worth taking away from the stealing. I know that I wouldnt waste the 5th slot on the purple power, I steal enough purple through the black skill.

Damn guess I couldve read the thread discussing it first for others opinions on it. Linky

This event has been a great ISO boost, Original Black Widow and Classic storm are now sitting at level 85.  Makes me feel like I can compete against the other level 85 classic storm, wolverine, thor, original black widow teams now.

#55 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

I would take Widow purple covers. I would take any widow covers. I can't catch a single cover I need for the life of me. I wonder if they have something in the code that tells the game whether you've spent money on it or not. If you haven't you keep getting the same BS covers - ones you don't want or ones you don't need.

#56 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Damn guess I couldve read the thread discussing it first for others opinions on it. Linky

Why did you have to do this? I just spent a half hour reading about building a character with covers that I will never get!

#57 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

I would take Widow purple covers. I would take any widow covers. I can't catch a single cover I need for the life of me. I wonder if they have something in the code that tells the game whether you've spent money on it or not. If you haven't you keep getting the same BS covers - ones you don't want or ones you don't need.

Lol, I just did the same thing.  Now Im thinking about respecing my OBW, then I started reading on Classic storm.  All those covers I threw away, I coulve had the perfect builds..... :bomb:

#58 BrolyB593   I'm Cheap! CAGiversary!   5902 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

How are you trying to build your Original Black Widow? I have her at a 4/5/4 build right now.  Because of the healing properties I naturally maxed out the Blue skill.  Purple & black I so far have kept at 4, I may drop purple by 1 and move it to black.  I just dont see the extra damage from the black skill to be worth taking away from the stealing. I know that I wouldnt waste the 5th slot on the purple power, I steal enough purple through the black skill.

This event has been a great ISO boost, Original Black Widow and Classic storm are now sitting at level 85.  Makes me feel like I can compete against the other level 85 classic storm, wolverine, thor, original black widow teams now.

Damn.

Well I have her 5/5/2 right now but after reading that thread I will gladly change her to 3/5/5 if I can ever get more of her black move!

Haha thanks for the info

#59 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1562 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

Another Cap, another Modern Hawk. Just another day in my MPQ account.

#60 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

Another Cap, another Modern Hawk. Just another day in my MPQ account.

Saved up 5 standards, all 1 stars....yep just another day in MPQ. How many Venoms and Yelena's can you sell in a day?

The 2 heroic tokens I got was a mixed bag, 1 forgettable 2 star card. I dont even remember what, had a spare purple marvel now magneto, so maybe that was it. 2nd heroic token was a gold shield emblem, I was so excited.  Tapped the Screen, 3* Red Ragnarok cover. I dont know if I should laugh or cry to that. Needed it, but really, Ragnarok?

*Edit* Dammit Shouldve used that Magneto Marvel Now purple cover and dropped my blue down one level.... Purple has been the hardest cover for me to get for him too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Puzzle Quest, Android, Dark Reign, F2P