* * * * * 3 votes

Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Marvel Puzzle Quest Android Dark Reign F2P

#1141 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:30 AM

Hahah nice! My Vinylmation are all set up on one of my bookshelves in my apartment!

Currently that desk is in the Student Records Office of DePaul University... with a bunch of old women. They still just think I am a kid either way and my desk definitely just adds to that!

I am finishing up my MA in Animation however and will be shipping out to California then within the year and so there is most definitely no denying that other people will have plenty of toys wherever I go there : P

What more specifically do you do?

Surf the net and cag most of my day...

My primary job is Salesforce Administrator/Developer/Architect but mostly a jack of all trades in my department.  I handle report building, customizing our database, research, troubleshooting and few other items.  In the middle of packing everything up and moving to Boston at the end of the month.   Not bad for a college drop out :-$

Marauder7.png
xTk9ZSWVW4Q9tUFpbq.gif

#1142 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

Everyone is grinding like crazy... This will be one hell of a last minute push to make it to a Black Panther cover....

downsouthtigger.png808860.png16265508665_7b8136b805_n.jpg

#1143 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7620 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

Surf the net and cag most of my day...

My primary job is Salesforce Administrator/Developer/Architect but mostly a jack of all trades in my department.  I handle report building, customizing our database, research, troubleshooting and few other items.  In the middle of packing everything up and moving to Boston at the end of the month.   Not bad for a college drop out :-$

:D/

Everyone is grinding like crazy... This will be one hell of a last minute push to make it to a Black Panther cover....

I'm not. The 500 ISO between top 10 and 50 is not worth it to me and there is no way I am going to drop below 50 with my current rank so I am just done I think.

I have a ton of crap to do tonight before my super long weekend which starts tomorrow afternoon so I havent even really touched it. I may do a last like 20 minute push to get some more tokens but I dont even care there.

Plus as an Alliance we are already pretty much locked since people like you are still hustlin' to get a rank ; P

#1144 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:58 AM

Plus as an Alliance we are already pretty much locked since people like you are still hustlin' to get a rank ; P

Also not helping with the grinding is everyone is mad crazy going at it, that it pushed up all the levels on opponents.

Im at 76 right now, struggling to get to 75...last hour push & Im out of healthpacks FML.....

#1145 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7620 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:08 AM

I have only gotten to play a bit of Mario Kart 8 but my buddy just showed me this and now I want to get back to playing it!

*these are all super short <30 second clips that are hilarious.*

http://kotaku.com/th...dium=Socialflow

#1146 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

Got knocked out of 2nd and no way I can make up 4k in an hour so settling for 4th place.  Used special 50% damage boost to get the 2k ISO bonus and I'm done with this event.

That's awesome about the Luigi death stare.  Didn't notice it when playing the demo at Gamestop.

Marauder7.png
xTk9ZSWVW4Q9tUFpbq.gif

#1147 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7620 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:09 AM

I swear this game trolls me so hard sometimes.

I have busted through all the sub events getting 4 tokens each time and really grinding away. Each time the tokens didn't give me squat.

Now, since I have pushed so hard before I was sitting comfy at #7 and didn't care if I dropped to top 50 and so I barely played these past sub events. I ended top 50 of each of them to at least get the single token from each however and minimal ISO.

AND I GOT PATCH AND PYSLOCKE hahaha.

Once I accept that I don't care about those tokens for now and don't even try the game is just like JUST KIDDING HERE ARE SOME COVERS YOU NEED!

Man, this game keeps me on my toes : P

But yeah Green Patch, Blue Psylocke and all 3 Panthers. That means I got 5 gold pulls essentially in a matter of a minute!

I hope you guys had some good luck on your end as well! : )

#1148 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

I hope you guys had some good luck on your end as well! : )

In the last hour of grindage I watched as everyone else came in and rubber banded like there was no tomorrow.  I dropped from 76 to the 80's.  There was a 3k difference to 75....

At least I was top 5 in my bracket for hard mode in the simulator. Walked away with 3 tokens, then spent 100 HP for the daily deal.  All 2*s and Im back to getting Bullseye covers, purple this time.

In the end, this is how the simulator has made me feel.....

meh.ro7546.jpg

#1149 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

AND I GOT PATCH AND PYSLOCKE hahaha.

photo-104293.png

#1150 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

I don't know where I finished exactly, but I managed top 50 so I ended up with 1/1/1 for BP.  Now he's up to 3/3/2, and can be leveled to 77, but I only have enough ISO to get him to 70 for now.  Great showing by the alliance as a whole, although we had a couple under 10k.

Currently Playing
:ps4: Fortnite, XCOM 2, NBA Live 18

#1151 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1766 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Nothing useful from my tokens, so the luck wore off quickly.

Still placed high enough for all three BP covers. This event seems to have been generally a positive outcome.

#1152 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Got my 2 BP covers and the tokens netted me the Thor and Classic Storm.  Ended up playing the lightning round and the current PVP until almost 4 today so dead tired today.

Marauder7.png
xTk9ZSWVW4Q9tUFpbq.gif

#1153 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

New event is up, 3 star Mohawk Storm as a reward.  Same powers as the 1 star, I'm excited!

Currently Playing

#1154 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1766 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

New event is up, 3 star Mohawk Storm as a reward.  Same powers as the 1 star, I'm excited!

Something tells me that black at max is going to be crazy powerful, but man, another new character with red and green powers?

#1155 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Damn, guess I'll have to go to the other side of the office to get a signal

Marauder7.png
xTk9ZSWVW4Q9tUFpbq.gif

#1156 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Damn, guess I'll have to go to the other side of the office to get a signal

You have 6 days and 10 hours, so it isn't over that fast, but top 200 of 2000 get a red Storm (top 40 also get green) for individual and top 100 alliances get a black cover.

Currently Playing

#1157 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6635 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

I didn't get offered any low level seed teams when I started the BP tournament. It was all level 85 guys.

Looks like this will be a long climb. Hopefully I can get up to at least 50 and earn a Sentry.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1158 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

I didn't get offered any low level seed teams when I started the BP tournament. It was all level 85 guys.

Looks like this will be a long climb. Hopefully I can get up to at least 50 and earn a Sentry.

Yeah just started last night, played some this morning. WTF has happened? Has my MMR gone completely fubar? I usually play to get into the top 50, maybe I'll get into the top 10.  I am making no headway today & am already frustrated with the game.

I made it to 200 points in the panther tournament & all my 3*s are dead, I have no more healthpacks, & my 2* 85s are worthless as my opponents are all at minimum 120. If I see an 85 its obw :bs:

Decided to hop into the Maggia event, only to find the essential nodes need hulk, who's currently dead right now. I can only be butthurt after last night, so this is normal. 

On the other side, pushed Psylocke to level 130, got Panther to 120.  One of the few matches I won was a panther OBW Psylocke team.  Usually I dont like OBW & Psylocke together but when Panther & Psy put down all those strike tiles OBW went to town on everyone's ass with espionage.  With cleanup from Psylockes Black attack tiles + the strike tiles, it was a good quick match.

Can I go back to playing against the Magneto/Storm teams now? The new combination is OBW/Punisher or is that just the bracket Im in? Also seeing more IM40s, has he been secretly powered up & I dont know about it?

Mohawk storm? Least if they were going to do that could I get Bloodstorm?

Bloodstorm1.jpg

#1159 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1766 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Can I go back to playing against the Magneto/Storm teams now? The new combination is OBW/Punisher or is that just the bracket Im in? Also seeing more IM40s, has he been secretly powered up & I dont know about it?

IM40 is usually in there for his high health when leveled, and throwing out countdowns to mess with OBW's healing.

And yes, I'm seeing a lot more Punisher, and a lot more Magneto.

Ended up in a Maggia bracket with a couple of grinders. Tried to grind down my nodes and still not top five in either the main bracket or sub bracket. Not first place rewards for me this time. Really could use the top progression reward of a red Hulk, but I know they are just teasing.

#1160 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

A LOT of maxed (or near maxed) Hulks in my BP tourney bracket.

#1161 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Server problems again? :wall:

#1162 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

Server problems again? :wall:

Just got couple games in before the servers went down

Marauder7.png
xTk9ZSWVW4Q9tUFpbq.gif

#1163 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

...and a lot more Magneto.

A LOT of maxed (or near maxed) Hulks in my BP tourney bracket.

Black Panther with Hulk and Magneto? Who wouldve ever come up with a combination like that? Thats just crazy talk!

I need to tank and I need to tank BAD, if this keeps up Im taking a tournament break until I can get all my 3*s to level 141.

#1164 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, I'm feeling kinda burnt after The Simulator. I did one run through of the new Maggia event and was bored. I agree with what you said in chat about the recycling/repetition. This game sorely needs more variety of gameplay.

#1165 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7620 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Black Panther with Hulk and Magneto? Who wouldve ever come up with a combination like that? Thats just crazy talk!

I need to tank and I need to tank BAD, if this keeps up Im taking a tournament break until I can get all my 3*s to level 141.

Same.

Well fellas, I will be gone until Sunday night. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and dont mind my piddly score in the event over the weekend... for all intents and purposes I am dead! o.O

Though yeah I will have to play crazy catch up to get any cover. I dont think I will make it : /

Oh well! 

#1166 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, I'm feeling kinda burnt after The Simulator. I did one run through of the new Maggia event and was bored. I agree with what you said in chat about the recycling/repetition. This game sorely needs more variety of gameplay.

Seriously, Im even looking at the leaderboards, I just broke 1k.  Im ranked 400+, the top guys have 3K.  First how the hell? 2nd you got that much time to waste? Seriously, I have no life & I like the game, but damn even I have limits!

Next point

THIS:

DIG021612_4.jpg?h=a74b74f6a21a6ea492c563

FIGMENT!!!!!!  This is real, its happening, Marvel and Disney Magic! I cannot wait to see how they spin this. 

And for those of you who are Who the F is Figment, educate yourself!  El Linko

#1167 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Im honestly starting to think this will be the first event Im actively playing where I wont get a 3* cover.  How many people are in each bracket?  Im surprised we managed to squeeze in a heroic token in the Alliance ranks.  I had to do a last minute push to get an event token. 

That on top of being in the 40's on the panther tournament.  Koju, I now envy you for having your GSBW powered up.  I just tried a hulk/BP/OBW team, I was just thinking who has purple & then it hit me.  Mines only in the 70s & not as useful as my C Mags, but I gave her a go.  It was actually a decent rainbow team & I was shocked.

GSBW- She shares red & green with Hulk, so it depends who you want to do what with.  I used her red more than hulks just because of not having to worry about how many green tiles are on board & because it causes cascades.  Naturally her purple feeds greens.

Hulk- Green for board clearing and of course his high health & black passive for defense.

Black Panther- Black high damage team attack, when paired with yellows increases for strike tiles, and of course blue for the protect tiles.

I know your Panther isnt as powered up, but try that team, it may work for you too.  Although I keep having to swap in OBW for the healing every other round. 

As for token pulls, my Event token got me a....Blue Spiderman. Now if I could only get 1 yellow, Id have at least 1 in all the powers.

#1168 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

As for token pulls, my Event token got me a....Blue Spiderman. Now if I could only get 1 yellow, Id have at least 1 in all the powers.

Nice pull. Both my tokens gave me Moonstone. And if you look at the rewards, top 200 get a Mohawk Storm. I think you'll be okay.

#1169 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1766 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

I know your Panther isnt as powered up, but try that team, it may work for you too.  Although I keep having to swap in OBW for the healing every other round.

Hmm. I have BP leveled as high as I can get him at the moment (53), but I have enough HP to buy a cover. Don't really have the ISO to level him afterwards. I'll give them a spin and see.

Don't discount GSBW's green, though. At full covers it does team damage as well as targeted board clearing. Costs more AP, but green isn't in short supply on a team with Hulk. My goal for her is 5/3/5, currently 2/4/5.

Picked up another Invisible Woman cover with my Thieves token. I now have five covers. To level her to 71 from 34 would take me 22k ISO. Yeah... no.

#1170 downsouthtigger   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

downsouthtigger

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Don't discount GSBW's green, though. At full covers it does team damage as well as targeted board clearing. Costs more AP, but green isn't in short supply on a team with Hulk. My goal for her is 5/3/5, currently 2/4/5.

Since I dont have her green at 5, I dont have the team damage.  At the level I have her at her green and hulks green do roughly the same damage.  As of right now its just the relative cost that holds me back from using her more.  If I need the board cleared on a more concentrated area Id save up GSBW green and take care of what I need to.  For example a perfect counter attack to Human Torches black power, since he clusters those in the middle of the screen.

She would be more effective if her powers werent so expensive.  Right now my GSBW is at 3/3/2 So she's just mid level for me.

Nice pull. Both my tokens gave me Moonstone. And if you look at the rewards, top 200 get a Mohawk Storm. I think you'll be okay.

Maybe, I havent played todays sub bracket but my overall score is 589 in the event.  I know as rubber banding occurs I'll catch up easier but thats quite a jump.  After the simulator I have lost some of my confidence while playing. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Puzzle Quest, Android, Dark Reign, F2P