* * * - - 2 votes

Xenoblade Chronicles - New in stock ~$64 at Video Games Plus!

Wii RPG

#31 boylover   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

boylover

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

How do we know it's a factory seal, and not a reseal? Besides, it doesn't matter. The GameStop copies are essentially new anyway. Some people have even gone to GameStop, requested a copy, and the had the cashier bro pull out of a sealed copy and then open it and ring it up.

#32 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

Really? I haven't seen a post about opening new copies at GameStop. I've read that they were opened at the warehouse before shipment.
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#33 salvanipour   Retro CAG'er CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

salvanipour

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just got mine and can confirm it is a legit (looking) sealed copy. They packed it very well and it shipped surprisingly quickly. Thanks OP!

#34 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Just got mine and can confirm it is a legit (looking) sealed copy. They packed it very well and it shipped surprisingly quickly. Thanks OP!

Ah dang, forgot to comment too. I got mine Tuesday. Ahhhh the crinkles and white minty fresh plastic. VGP shipped in a sturdy cardboard mailer made for modern media cases #Satisfied

Now Playing:
Nes.gif   Karnov

sega-genesis-icon.png   Streets of Rage 2

:wiiu:    Xenoblade X

:3ds:    Bravely Default

#35 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4950 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

please post pictures, especially if opened.

I wonder if these are leftover from the reprint Gamestop requested?  Does anyone know if Gamestop/EB Canada got reprinted copies month ago just like in the US?

I somewhat hoped the reprints had at least some marking distinguishing aside from the inside case being Nintendo" stamped.

Can pickup official Nintendo merch (clothing, import stuff, PLUSHIES, etc) from Nintendo World Store in NYC with shopping bag.

Interested in art/craft supplies including stuff to customize amiibo?  PM if interested!

#36 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

please post pictures, especially if opened.

I wonder if these are leftover from the reprint Gamestop requested?  Does anyone know if Gamestop/EB Canada got reprinted copies month ago just like in the US?

I somewhat hoped the reprints had at least some marking distinguishing aside from the inside case being Nintendo" stamped.

As much as I want to know too, I don't plan on opening mine. I already assumed it's a reprint before purchasing.

Two worst case scenarios are:  1) VGP took new but opened re-printed EB games/Gamestop copies and Y-fold re-sealed them. or 2) VGP switched the reprinted cases that say "Nintendo" with minty ones that say "Wii" and Y-fold re-sealed them.

I'll let some guru collector be the one to call me out down the road I guess if I ever end up selling this later on  :^o. My loss at that point and I guess I would deserve it, as it was a gamble the entire time. Just a foolish deal from the start lol

The only differences I've found between 1st print/reprints are the Wii/Nintendo inside case and the reversible game cover that the pre-order came with which I'm pretty sure this doesn't have...Maybe it does? I can't tell. Knowing better, I tried putting the case up to the light like an idiot to see if I could see anything unusal inside with no success lol I'm somehow satisfied with this unknown ordeal. 

EDIT: Pictures! http://imgur.com/a/ZEqYF 

Now Playing:
Nes.gif   Karnov

#37 6er   XBOX, GO HOME CAGiversary!   2364 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

Ive always thought so. Haha. Maybe not so much loony as desperate for attention. But I dont mind, to each their own.

I have heard there is a guy around Tulsa that owns a warehouse with one model of every Shelby( not sure if all of them or just the mustangs) ever made. He orders , has them trucked straight there never possibly to see daylight again. The Shelby club regularly has national events in Tulsa so it stands to reason a wealthy member is probably there.

That said, Its strange Nintendo store has never restocked.

772836.png

#38 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

When the reprint happened I knew sealed copies would somehow pop-up. I'd still love to know the inside scoop on the reprint (how many copies, how much was paid, etc...).

BTW, was Xenoblade a GameStop exclusive in Canada as well? 

:hot: Earn free Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#39 Boss   Bowser the Great CAGiversary!   1862 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

I ordered.

#40 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

My gamestop copy that I ordered on Black Friday had pieces of shrinkwrap attached to it, so I know someone somewhere purposely opened them so they could either sell them as used, or make sure resellers don't buy them up to hoard copies of a sealed game.

#41 6er   XBOX, GO HOME CAGiversary!   2364 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

I ordered.

I'm tempted. But I don't know if I want to pull out the Wii and dust it off. I still haven't played skyward sword.

772836.png

#42 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4950 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

As much as I want to know too, I don't plan on opening mine. I already assumed it's a reprint before purchasing.

Two worst case scenarios are:  1) VGP took new but opened re-printed EB games/Gamestop copies and Y-fold re-sealed them. or 2) VGP switched the reprinted cases that say "Nintendo" with minty ones that say "Wii" and Y-fold re-sealed them.

I'll let some guru collector be the one to call me out down the road I guess if I ever end up selling this later on  :^o. My loss at that point and I guess I would deserve it, as it was a gamble the entire time. Just a foolish deal from the start lol

The only differences I've found between 1st print/reprints are the Wii/Nintendo inside case and the reversible game cover that the pre-order came with which I'm pretty sure this doesn't have...Maybe it does? I can't tell. Knowing better, I tried putting the case up to the light like an idiot to see if I could see anything unusal inside with no success lol I'm somehow satisfied with this unknown ordeal. 

EDIT: Pictures! http://imgur.com/a/ZEqYF 

I'm no expert, but it seems the plastic sticks out a bit near the corners which may be indication of reseal.  For example, I bought a "new" copy of that Miku whatever game as a gift back in October.  The girl said this is the last one and proceeded to take out some cellophane wrap (which has some adhesive at the ends)!  I never saw this before.  The other times I was sold a GameStop "new" copy, they either appeared to be actually sealed or the person would put a circular piece of tape to cover the opening area of the case.  Not surprised by these shady tactics as I recall workers opening sealed games when I or someone I saw returned before.

Of the several reprint copies I've seena Gamestop, I've only seen "Nintendo" printed on the inside case, the side that houses the disc.  I also saw some ones that were likely trade-ins that did not have any printed logo so likely original first prints.

I don't recall any reversible cover though as my copy was only semi-opened as I needed to reach Platinum status with a few hours before the deadline.  Actually now that I think about it, the inside of the slip cover is the same art as the pre-order bonus artbook.

Can pickup official Nintendo merch (clothing, import stuff, PLUSHIES, etc) from Nintendo World Store in NYC with shopping bag.

Interested in art/craft supplies including stuff to customize amiibo?  PM if interested!

#43 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Xenoblade topic on VGP facebook:

Source: https://www.facebook...5?stream_ref=10

Some Dude: "70 bucks for a reprint?!? Thank god for wii homebrew."

VGP:  "We paid a bit more for Nintendo to reprint it for us as the title is discontinued we didn't think people would mind paying $69.99 for a factory sealed y wrapped copy of such a rare game, especially since prices on Amazon and Ebay are $100-200. "

Now Playing:
Nes.gif   Karnov

#44 Boss   Bowser the Great CAGiversary!   1862 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Xenoblade topic on VGP facebook:

Source: https://www.facebook...5?stream_ref=10

Some Dude: "70 bucks for a reprint?!? Thank god for wii homebrew."

VGP:  "We paid a bit more for Nintendo to reprint it for us as the title is discontinued we didn't think people would mind paying $69.99 for a factory sealed y wrapped copy of such a rare game, especially since prices on Amazon and Ebay are $100-200. "

So it comes with a club nintendo code too?

#45 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

They have CN codes.
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

And why are they loony? Because they choose to collect. So that means everyone else who collects anything and does not use what they collect for their general purpose is loony.

Wasn't hoarding recently classified as a mental condition?

I'm no expert, but it seems the plastic sticks out a bit near the corners which may be indication of reseal.  For example, I bought a "new" copy of that Miku whatever game as a gift back in October.  The girl said this is the last one and proceeded to take out some cellophane wrap (which has some adhesive at the ends)!  I never saw this before.  The other times I was sold a GameStop "new" copy, they either appeared to be actually sealed or the person would put a circular piece of tape to cover the opening area of the case.  Not surprised by these shady tactics as I recall workers opening sealed games when I or someone I saw returned before.

Of the several reprint copies I've seena Gamestop, I've only seen "Nintendo" printed on the inside case, the side that houses the disc.  I also saw some ones that were likely trade-ins that did not have any printed logo so likely original first prints.

I don't recall any reversible cover though as my copy was only semi-opened as I needed to reach Platinum status with a few hours before the deadline.  Actually now that I think about it, the inside of the slip cover is the same art as the pre-order bonus artbook.

Yes, the cover was reversible.  There was a whole campaign where people "voted" on it (choosing the ugliest one of course :/ ) and everything.  It's pretty easy to see, even sealed (or that's how I remember it).  If you aren't seeing the artwork on the other side..... well I doubt it's a 1st edition.  If that even matters in the slightest.

And for what it's worth, I don't think there are any experts in game seals and wrapping lol

Yeah but you're paying almost the same price at Gamestop anyway.

Wonder how long until the "Gamestop and Nintendo didn't reprint this, it's all legit, they just hoarded pristine copies with unused Club Nintendo codes" brigade will appear.

To be fair man, like 90% of the Nintendo trade ins have unused CN codes.  I guess nobody uses that PoS rewards program, I know I don't.  My time is too valuable to waste an hour filling out surveys for a "free" notepad or shoelaces, and the Platinum prizes that I did get from the earlier days sat on ebay forever (FINALLY managed to sell the playing cards and pins, but only after bundling them together for dirt cheap, so after ebay fees and shipping I barely kept enough money for a small combo meal  :-?).  I know the employees at my local stores remove the codes and hoard them because, every once in a while, they are able to sell a bunch to a fanboy for a few bucks.  Then again, they hoard (I'm sorry, collect :rofl: ) everything, don't even get me started on the hell I went through to get the Xenoblade "artbook" that was rightfully mine from those bastards.

The point is, unused CN codes don't mean squat.  Outside of the hardest of the hardcore (AKA people on sites like this) nobody pays those codes any attention.

#47 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Yes, the cover was reversible.  There was a whole campaign where people "voted" on it (choosing the ugliest one of course :/ ) and everything.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=16226059

Love the following quote..."Homes on television shows like TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive" can have infestations of rodents or insects. Hoarders are unable to entertain guests, prepare food or find their possessions."

I can personally say that I know where everything is, neatly organized, and does not impair the ability to move freely about nor are their rodents or woodland creatures inhabiting the dark recesses of my entertainment center lol 

Now Playing:
Nes.gif   Karnov

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=16226059

Love the following quote..."Homes on television shows like TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive" can have infestations of rodents or insects. Hoarders are unable to entertain guests, prepare food or find their possessions."

I can personally say that I know where everything is, neatly organized, and does not impair the ability to move freely about nor are their rodents or woodland creatures inhabiting the dark recesses of my entertainment center lol 

That's just what I'd expect an insane nutcase to say  :rofl:

http://static2.wikia...er-1_Teaser.jpg

#49 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

That's just what I'd expect an insane nutcase to say  :rofl:

:joystick:

Now Playing:
Nes.gif   Karnov

#50 6er   XBOX, GO HOME CAGiversary!   2364 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

They have CN codes.

Lends a lot of credability to them being official

772836.png

#51 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

Yes, the cover was reversible. There was a whole campaign where people "voted" on it (choosing the ugliest one of course :/ ) and everything. It's pretty easy to see, even sealed (or that's how I remember it). If you aren't seeing the artwork on the other side..... well I doubt it's a 1st edition. If that even matters in the slightest.

And for what it's worth, I don't think there are any experts in game seals and wrapping lol

To be fair man, like 90% of the Nintendo trade ins have unused CN codes. I guess nobody uses that PoS rewards program, I know I don't. My time is too valuable to waste an hour filling out surveys for a "free" notepad or shoelaces, and the Platinum prizes that I did get from the earlier days sat on ebay forever (FINALLY managed to sell the playing cards and pins, but only after bundling them together for dirt cheap, so after ebay fees and shipping I barely kept enough money for a small combo meal :-?). I know the employees at my local stores remove the codes and hoard them because, every once in a while, they are able to sell a bunch to a fanboy for a few bucks. Then again, they hoard (I'm sorry, collect :rofl: ) everything, don't even get me started on the hell I went through to get the Xenoblade "artbook" that was rightfully mine from those bastards.

The point is, unused CN codes don't mean squat. Outside of the hardest of the hardcore (AKA people on sites like this) nobody pays those codes any attention.

Every used game I have ever gotten has had an unused code. I know hardcore gamers who won't even bother with it. So yeah, the codes don't mean anything unless you are very hardcore. The Zelda CD I got this year netted me $30 on eBay almost enough for another game so that isn't bad. If you are selling the prizes you have to list them during the holidays and sell to international buyers.

#52 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

http://imgur.com/HezCnML anyone know the difference between these? Why is the one on the left completely different coloring? Neither of these are from the site in this thread.

#53 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16719 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

http://imgur.com/HezCnML anyone know the difference between these? Why is the one on the left completely different coloring? Neither of these are from the site in this thread.

It just looks like the one on the left has been sitting in the sun a long time.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#54 Boss   Bowser the Great CAGiversary!   1862 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Keep in mind the Nintendo CN code was a way of validating this as a reprint rather than a reseal of used copies from GS or something.

It was not a ZOMG I can finally add Xeno to my CN account -- POINTS FTW!! YAY! BBQ!

#55 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Keep in mind the Nintendo CN code was a way of validating this as a reprint rather than a reseal of used copies from GS or something.

It was not a ZOMG I can finally add Xeno to my CN account -- POINTS FTW!! YAY! BBQ!

I didn't see a single person say that their Xenoblade copy had a used CN code nor did I even hear rumors or trolling of the sort.  I think it's pretty clear to everyone that they were reprints. 

What I don't get is how this company gets unsealed copies and gets to sell them for above MSRP?  Why isn't Nintendo selling copies for 49.99?

#56 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

I didn't see a single person say that their Xenoblade copy had a used CN code nor did I even hear rumors or trolling of the sort.  I think it's pretty clear to everyone that they were reprints. 

What I don't get is how this company gets unsealed copies and gets to sell them for above MSRP?  Why isn't Nintendo selling copies for 49.99?

VGP said on their facebook in response to the same question (check my prior post in this thread). It was necessary to raise MSRP because of increased cost of reprint. FWIW, believe it or not.

Now Playing:
Nes.gif   Karnov

#57 Arcoril   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

The Gamestop copies are mint and complete anyway. The "collectors" that buy sealed games to never open are usually loony people that don't use games for what they were intended for - to play.

I'm one of those people! I like to have sealed copies of hard-to-find games that I happen to enjoy. The fact that it seems to annoy people like you is just a bonus. :razz:

#58 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

VGP said on their facebook in response to the same question (check my prior post in this thread). It was necessary to raise MSRP because of increased cost of reprint. FWIW, believe it or not.

Interesting, thanks for the info.  I have no idea if I should believe that or not.  It seems like there could be truth in it but who knows.

I'm one of those people! I like to have sealed copies of hard-to-find games that I happen to enjoy. The fact that it seems to annoy people like you is just a bonus. :razz:

Based on the above comment I just replied to, it seems like this is a SECOND reprinting.  I'm not sure how "rare to find" this game will be after this.