Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Remember folks...​
 ​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Q4EVpIFIk​
 ​
Our partner is going to SHOCK the world!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Cornette is such a wordsmith. Here he is talking about creating the Kane character:

...this is Michael Myers from Halloween come to life and everyone can identify with a spooky mother fucker that doesn’t feel pain and just seeks to destroy people.
I could listen to his stories for hours on end.

Should take a listen to him when he was on Austin's podcast, had a couple of great stories from his days back in the 80's. I dont know how many times I've heard the scaffold match story and it can still get me to laugh every time.

Should take a listen to him when he was on Austin's podcast, had a couple of great stories from his days back in the 80's. I dont know how many times I've heard the scaffold match story and it can still get me to laugh every time.
Yeah, the one he told of Sting getting his head dunked in the toilet because he gave the wrong person a ride was pretty funny.

Also, the new Botchamania is out(with a pretty funny CM Punk ending): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dht51_botchamania-244_sport?start=1

I really enjoyed Dean Ambrose on the Art of Wrestling podcast. I went to a ton of HWA shows in the late 90's/early 2000's, so hearing him sing high praises of Matt Stryker and Cody Hawk was super rad.

Regarding the NXT ArRIVAL show?/PPV?/Stream, the three matches announced so far have been built up so well that I can't wait for it to happen tonight.

Oh, drat, I forgot that was tonight. I have a pile of volunteer work to do and then off to the bar with my regular gaggle of people since it's Thursday. Guess I'll watch the replay, like I do with TNA.

I have enjoyed the hell out of what little NXT I've seen. Growing up so close to HWA and OVW for years has made me a bit sentimental for WWE developmental, I suppose - and there's that thrill of seeing dudes before they hit the big time, or before they get out of wrestling entirely.

I'm very pumped for Arrival. Also awesome is seeing ads for stuff that doesn't exist anymore, like 1-800-Collect...

It'll be interesting to see how well the live stream holds up during a real live event. Not some silly pre and post show crap that nobody really gives two craps about. RAW itself is already too long at 3 hours but now if one were to watch that pre/post show stuff alongside RAW the show is now four hours long. Yeah I can understand devoting four hours for Mania but for a typical RAW it's barely worth the 90 minutes for the Hulu Plus edit let alone three or even hour hours counting ads and what not.

Random WWEN watch: Austin vs Snob HHH, IYH 11 (1996).

Historic and weird for several reasons. First match between them. Heel vs heel match (although the crowd was clearly behind Austin even though it was just prior to the start of The Bret feud). First time Austin had the glass break theme. Pretty sure it was the first match where Austin used the middle finger before the Stunner. Hennig coming out and doing the thing where he'd steal whatever girl HHH came out with. Heel Jim Ross complaining the whole time due to (gimmicked) issues he was having with his headset.

Also a decent match, since it was long before they both got injured over and over and HHH inflated himself.

On demand streaming seems to be pretty much fixed now.

I have to wonder what they are thinking is going to happen with this Wrestlemania and how it is being booked so far. Bootista vs. Boreton is going to be shit all over by the crowd the entire time. I mean honestly, the regular crowds have given them nothing but hell lately, and they have to know that the Mania crowds are 100 times worse. This is really going to be ugly unless something gets majorly changed in the booking between now and then. 

I kind of hope that they make Live NXT shows on the WWE Network a regular thing or at least a few more live shows since it could give them some stress tests before Wrestlemania XXX.

This is a really dumb reason to be convinced to keep the Network, but I just turned on the stream randomly and saw myself holding up a sign in the crowd like 10 seconds later.

It's a sign. Har har.

This was a good Raw though (Austin rides the zamboni / Undertaker and Kane break Vince's ankle). Also has the beginning of that weird angle I forgot about where Owen kayfabe injured Severn with the sit-down piledriver and then "retired" because he felt bad...which eventually led to the Blue Blazer.

I captured this for Twitter, but, maybe, perhaps, it's equally suited for this here wrasslin thread.

http://gfycat.com/LeftUnluckyGuillemot

Massive GIF, so I'll simply leave the URL. From PWG All Star Weekend X.

Who had any idea that Best Friends would become such an over tag team?

I love me some Chucky T but didn't expect them to explode like they have. Hottest tag team in PWG (especially if you watch DDT4 2014).

Loved the match, don't understand the point of Zayn getting up after a one count near the end if it wasn't building to anything though.

^ Have you read the SD! spoilers?
I read some of them, but i don't recall anything that really makes me differ on what I am saying. My main point is why in the hell would Vince, or anyone in any type of power in the WWE not realize they are setting up the biggest show of the year to be hijacked by the crowd? Hell, hijacked is honestly an understatement of what the Mania crowds will do. I don't think they have the ability to mute that crowd as bad as it will be.

I read some of them, but i don't recall anything that really makes me differ on what I am saying. My main point is why in the hell would Vince, or anyone in any type of power in the WWE not realize they are setting up the biggest show of the year to be hijacked by the crowd? Hell, hijacked is honestly an understatement of what the Mania crowds will do. I don't think they have the ability to mute that crowd as bad as it will be.
Not all crowds are like the one from WM XX. Most fans in Wrestlemania crowds are just people from around the world who want to cheer for some Sooperstars(TM). Smarks from the internet typically aren't the ones paying ridiculous prices for tickets to have their view blocked by some gaudy fake palm tree or some shit.

PS3, Roku and PS4 stream is dead. Xbox 360 won't let you login.

Laptop is working fine though... for now.

Missed the Woods/Breeze segment.

Working fine for me. Android/Nexus 7.

Edit: gotta be fucking kidding me. Literally right after I posted this, it dropped me while Michaels was in the ring. Reloaded and it was back at Tyler Breeze's entrance, then cut out again.

Loved the match, don't understand the point of Zayn getting up after a one count near the end if it wasn't building to anything though.
It was building to Cesaro realizing he'd have to hit him harder than he's ever hit anyone else to keep him down.

Thought it was a great ending. Basically Zayn saying fuck you, and Cesaro saying no, fuck YOU.

Close out the app on PS3/PS4 and go back in, some people claim it works. I gave up and am watching on PC right now.

Yeah I'm trying to watch on PS3 and it just keeps going back to the beginning of the Breeze match and stopping

Not working on tablet or PC for me. Same shit repeats.

This is going to get a lot of negative reaction, but it's going to pale in comparison to when this happens for Mania.

Edit - working again on PC, for now. Quality is noticably worse - as in, 1999 Realplayer quality. I'm starting to think that they put the Cesaro match on first because they had a feeling traffic may increase for the final segment and bring it down.

Just hopped on the PC after ps3 died and it goes to the Adrian Neville promo and wont let me go past the beginning of the Woods/Breeze match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back