The Shockmaster (And Other Things Of Wrestlecrap) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel bad for Rusev and Neville. The show is flawless for basically 90 minutes only to have the final 30 fucked by issues. The Rusev part is short but with all the promos lately I think it was still a spot for him to be seen. Then of course Dallas and Neville get boned. I will go back and watch it later but I shouldn't have to. If they stick with the 30 day PPV delay and Mania XXX doesn't stream right expect a full on IWC riot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The WWE Network app is not ready for Wrestlemania. They'll need to do some more live shows to work out the bugs for sure.

Kind of odd for a WWE PPV-type event thing end cleanly and giving the fans something that they want... What up with that?

I'm going to use my $60 towards Dark Souls 2. 

Won't make my decision to jump on the Network until after Wrestlemania. It's clear the crowd is going to shit on the main event but what really matters is if the company will change directions following that or not. I'm not going to pay $60 to watch a six month long Batista title reign. 

Won't make my decision to jump on the Network until after Wrestlemania. It's clear the crowd is going to shit on the main event but what really matters is if the company will change directions following that or not. I'm not going to pay $60 to watch a six month long Batista title reign.
What you do with your money is your business... I'm not here to tell you what to or what not to do with it. However, I do have one question for you: You do realize there's more to the WWE Network than just the current product, right? Nobody said you had to watch the horrible idea of a 6 month long Bootista title reign.

I find it pretty funny that you think Dark Souls 2 will be less frustrating than the WWE product : D

NXT ArRIVAL was great, with 3 out of 5 solid matches with a MOTYC among the three. However, stream cutting off (seems I wasn't alone in that) including during the main event makes this a cautionary tale for WWE to watch themselves and not shoot their own foot with WMXXX.

Plus, I got WWE Network for the library of stuff, not necessary for the current product, which I'm hoping will improve soon.

I respect your opinion to choose to get that game, because the 1st one was great. But sequels normally don't do that well. But why not Ground Zeroes or Second Son in a month instead of DS2? You don't have to answer this, just letting you know there's seemingly better games on the horizon.

I find it pretty funny that you think Dark Souls 2 will be less frustrating than the WWE product : D

NXT ArRIVAL was great, with 3 out of 5 solid matches with a MOTYC among the three. However, stream cutting off (seems I wasn't alone in that) including during the main event makes this a cautionary tale for WWE to watch themselves and not shoot their own foot with WMXXX.

Plus, I got WWE Network for the library of stuff, not necessary for the current product, which I'm hoping will improve soon.

I respect your opinion to choose to get that game, because the 1st one was great. But sequels normally don't do that well. But why not Ground Zeroes or Second Son in a month instead of DS2? You don't have to answer this, just letting you know there's seemingly better games on the horizon.
Isn't Ground Zeroes going to end up being included in The Phantom Pain anyway? I figured I'd wait until the full package was out and then just play it all the way through. Would get Second Son but don't have a PS4. Probably Black Friday.

I don't expect Dark Souls 2 to be any less frustrating than WWE. But at least I can get over my frustration through practice and effort. WWE is going to suck for at least the next three months (apart from NXT) no matter what I do. The first review has been solid for DS2 but I'm still in wait and see mode to see how American reviewers respond to it.

I just hate myself for supporting a product that doesn't care about the guys I care about. It's kind of like how Muta approaches the WWE I guess. I'll definitely catch up on the NXT stuff since I love Cesaro / Zayn.

Lol, I just quickly glanced at upcoming games and those stood out.

I'm actually looking forward to getting Stick of Truth. Big South Park fan.

Back to wrestling, it's pretty awesome to know that there are people who have now finally been exposed to some great wrestling. I'm hoping NXT explodes in popularity now as something bigger than just a "developmental center."

Live NXT special > taped Impact show.

Glad I used my free week and watched most of the stuff on my phone. :/ PC has been out of service for a month and the app on my hacked android for my touchpad said it couldn't verify where I was located. I was hoping they would fix the 360 app, but nope. Such a shame.

I have the suspicion that they're going to take the live shows now, such as NXT, to figure out how to best stream WM. It'll still have lotsa problems, no doubt, but live internet broadcast is tough as fuck. I, for one, can't say it's a success or failure on that alone. 

As I said before, I've been involved with live internet streaming broadcasts before, so perhaps I have a lot more empathy for this - but I guarantee you that WWE won't be ready for Wrestlemania, like many of you have already said. But they'll figure it out eventually. Just not for a few months.

What you do with your money is your business... I'm not here to tell you what to or what not to do with it. However, I do have one question for you: You do realize there's more to the WWE Network than just the current product, right? Nobody said you had to watch the horrible idea of a 6 month long Bootista title reign.
Of course I realize it. But the way Vince and company works is that you give them money and they'll do what they want anyway. I feel like that takes my business for granted and I'm not going to support a 6 month Batista reign. The rest of it doesn't matter.

I don't see the point of using my time to watch a PPV and come away hating myself for giving something a chance that I knew was going to suck. You watch for the other stuff and I get that. But that's plenty of current new wrestling that's worth watching as much as the old stuff for me.

My go to worst of WWE 2013 GIF. Can't believe they gave Bryan's push to this asswipe.
tumblr_myahlm7XMk1sg31w3o1_500.gif

I have the suspicion that they're going to take the live shows now, such as NXT, to figure out how to best stream WM. It'll still have lotsa problems, no doubt, but live internet broadcast is tough as fuck. I, for one, can't say it's a success or failure on that alone.

As I said before, I've been involved with live internet streaming broadcasts before, so perhaps I have a lot more empathy for this - but I guarantee you that WWE won't be ready for Wrestlemania, like many of you have already said. But they'll figure it out eventually. Just not for a few months.
The problem with that myke is not everyone is going to be patient let alone forgiving when it comes to bad quality streams they are paying for (See: Ring Of Honor iPPV for bad quality streams). Yes I get streaming has its difficulties but the WWE could have done a far better job in making sure their Netflix with a live stream service would be working prior to launch. I mean they didn't even have public beta testing prior to launch which could of helped them out tremendously on multiple levels (fixing bugs, feedback on interface, etc).

Regardless of beta testing or not the WWE has a huge battle ahead of them on multiple levels. Between making sure their service can handle the demand for WM30, the fact that they pretty much has pissed off every cable/sat company into dropping PPV because of this service, etc... yeah they really need to have WM30 be as flawless as possible if they want this service to be successful.

We'll see what happens.

The stylization of "Arrival" as "ArRIVAL" is weird if not terrible. Reads like an obscure Japanese fighting game. It's almost as bad as when the powers/idiots that be stylized "WCW" as "wCw." 

I see what you're saying, Angry Man. Netflix changed the game, and consumers have high expectations about what streaming services should offer and how they should perform. I'm kinda weirded out by internet rage when things don't perform (whether it's WWE or Netflix), but that's a part of life I'm not going to get anytime soon.

Netflix had the advantage of trying something new (a) as a supplementary service (recall it started as people subscribed to a DVD-by-mail service where the streaming was offered at no cost to consumers and with no additional premium) and (b) where streaming was completely unestablished (or worse, prior establishments showed it had yet to be done successfully, or even mildly well). Netflix changed the game, and the standard of performance expected for streaming services is pretty great. Consumers get mad if they scan to a portion of the video and it takes more than 15 seconds to load, if the screen isn't 1080p, if there's choppiness.

Don't misunderstand me - those are consumer expectations that aren't all that unrealistic. It's also your money to choose to spend or not spend on the network. I really think my background in recent years has shaped my experiences and expectations. I'm willing to be patient, I'm not going to be quick to express exasperation or outrage, slow to demand a refund. If the network is not improved in 6 months' time, and live shows are still stuttering, and I resubscribe? Then I'll be a fool.

"A ton of content will be added to the Network once the free trial is over, including plans to add every episode of Saturday Night's Main Event and the WCW Clash of Champions."

Im sorry, but as a wrestling fan who despises the current product (aside from NXT) WWE Network is the greatest thing to happen in forever. There is no reason NOT to get this service if you are a wrestling fan. Especially once they fix all the bugs.

I think I'm understanding, but at the same time I do expect quite a bit from the WWE Network. WWE and MLB are not newcomers into the streaming arena. I've streamed quite a few PPVs from WWE and I've had a pretty good experience with them and the only time I had any kind of an issue was during the launch of the Live Events App on the Playstation 3. I've also had no issue with the times I've subscribed to the MLB app during the post-season.

I understand that there are issues with the App, but I think the stability issues are all fixable and the bandwidth issues don't seem insurmountable to me. I still think it's worth it right now since the price is right, but if the live steaming issues are not dealt with by Payback, then that's a huge problem.

Grabbed a ticket to the ROH/NJPW show.  Have no idea  who is actually in ROH at this point but definitely want to see Okada and Nakamura.

I agree, myke. I feel like first few weeks of the WWE Network is more or less a beta test to work the kinks out.

"A ton of content will be added to the Network once the free trial is over, including plans to add every episode of Saturday Night's Main Event and the WCW Clash of Champions."

Im sorry, but as a wrestling fan who despises the current product (aside from NXT) WWE Network is the greatest thing to happen in forever. There is no reason NOT to get this service if you are a wrestling fan. Especially once they fix all the bugs.
WCW Clash of the Champions is the first thing I searched for when I signed up. fuck. Yes.

Give me WCW Saturday Night archives as well as WCW Monday Nitro and I might as well be a pig in shit. (see what I did there?)

I also agree 150% with this post. HTTM is just stuck in his "RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE" mode and is too cool for school.

I also agree 150% with this post. HTTM is just stuck in his "RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE" mode and is too cool for school.
I don't think Zen Davis will ever be happy unless the WWE crumbles and is bought by NJPW or some other similar company. Even then he would find something to be angry about.

I thought Paige/Emma  from last night  was  actually really solid and then I got sad when I realized they probably won't be allowed to wrestle like that on the main roster : :whistle2:(

I thought Paige/Emma from last night was actually really solid and then I got sad when I realized they probably won't be allowed to wrestle like that on the main roster :(
I try not to be pessimistic when it comes to thinking stuff like that, but it's really hard not to considering the track record (and seeing how Emma is used on RAW recently).

I'm guessing everyone got this e-mail this morning?

During tonight's live NXT ArRIVAL special, we unfortunately experienced technical difficulties, which are to be expected when launching a new digital network. We will work aggressively to solve these glitches and deliver quality service. The complete event will be available on-demand overnight. 

Thanks to jobs issues I'll be in Buffalo during the ROH/NJPW days. However, thanks to job issues, I'll be in NYC (I live there) during Border Wars while I'm in Buffalo for the War of the Worlds show in Manhattan. I seriously can't believe I'm going to miss these two shows, probably the only time these amazing Japanese stars come to the States, seeing that I probably won't go to Japan anytime soon. I'm hoping the show will be a smashing success that they will be willing to come again to the States in 2015.  :wall:

I'm boycotting the network because of Punk & the direction of the company. Would love to have access to all the old stuff but feel buying the network is an endorsement of the current product.

I'm sure they have analytics that tell them what people do and don't watch. I'd love to dig into those data. Bet you the views for stuff we consider "mat classics" can't hold a candle to some of the other shit out there.

Oh, if you never got a chance to see it: Kurt Angle vs Undertaker, No Way Out 2006. Good gawd.

So is it true that we get the ppvs when they air, but then they won't be available on the network for 30 days after? If that's the case I may just not watch current stuff for like a month a be a month behind or something...

So is it true that we get the ppvs when they air, but then they won't be available on the network for 30 days after? If that's the case I may just not watch current stuff for like a month a be a month behind or something...
No, this past Elimination Chamber is the only one with a 30 day wait. The rest will be available the next day.

WCW Clash of the Champions is the first thing I searched for when I signed up. fuck. Yes.

Give me WCW Saturday Night archives as well as WCW Monday Nitro and I might as well be a pig in shit. (see what I did there?)

This is where I call you out for being what you are: stupid.

Vince has been trying to build his wrestling brand into a media brand for the past 13 years. Are you too stupid to realize this? This began with the XFL and has continued with their movie division. But if he wants to compete as a media company, he's going to get compared to other media divisions competing for my money. That's specifically why I brought up Dark Souls 2 earlier instead of ROH, PWG, Chikara and so on.

Moreover, I frankly see more bitching from you about the WWE than you see from me. The only thing you've seen of me over the last few weeks was a defense of Punk, laying my reasoning for why I won't buy the Network, and my disagreement for how ROH is run.

I spent more time defending Orton's initial run as champion than almost anyone here, including YOU, until they started throwing him up against garbage challengers. His stuff against Cody and Golddust / his matches against Bryan was gold. It's when they pushed Show, Cena, and now Batista that I became tired of everything. In fact Bryan/Wyatt is my current Match of the Year. I'm sorry but I hate it when people with a chip on their shoulder try to score brownie points with themselves. Keep up Hydro. In fact your very last post was bitching about Paige and the company's potential use of her. I think the same thing as you!

0nl5Qwy.gif

About WCW. The cruiseweight division was classic. Best high-octane action in the history of the business. But to me it's not worth supporting Vince. A pig in shit is what you compared yourself to? That's exactly what I think you are. If you don't like what I'm contributing, leave me alone man. Just leave me alone.

Anyway, just got my ROH / NJPW ticket. Lower balcony should provide a good view of the action. I know it's going to sell out. Only Lower Balcony and 9th row left now. It should be sold out in a week. I'm not sure I will attend. It depends on the card. If I change my mind, I have no doubt I can get my $20 back from someone who wants to go.

Thanks to jobs issues I'll be in Buffalo during the ROH/NJPW days. However, thanks to job issues, I'll be in NYC (I live there) during Border Wars while I'm in Buffalo for the War of the Worlds show in Manhattan. I seriously can't believe I'm going to miss these two shows, probably the only time these amazing Japanese stars come to the States, seeing that I probably won't go to Japan anytime soon. I'm hoping the show will be a smashing success that they will be willing to come again to the States in 2015. :wall:
Sorry man. Saw Misawa vs. KENTA in NYC before he died at the Manhattan Center. It was amazing. Hopefully you can work out an arrangement with your bosses.

This is where I call you out for being what you are: stupid.

Vince has been trying to build his wrestling brand into a media brand for the past 13 years. Are you too stupid to realize this? This began with the XFL and has continued with their movie division. But if he wants to compete as a media company, he's going to get compared to other media divisions competing for my money. That's specifically why I brought up Dark Souls 2 earlier instead of ROH, PWG, Chikara and so on.

Moreover, I frankly see more bitching from you about the WWE than you see from me. The only thing you've seen of me over the last few weeks was a defense of Punk, laying my reasoning for why I won't buy the Network, and my disagreement for how ROH is run.

I spent more time defending Orton's initial run as champion than almost anyone here, including YOU, until they started throwing him up against garbage challengers. His stuff against Cody and Golddust / his matches against Bryan was gold. It's when they pushed Show, Cena, and now Batista that I became tired of everything. In fact Bryan/Wyatt is my current Match of the Year. I'm sorry but I hate it when people with a chip on their shoulder try to score brownie points with themselves. Keep up Hydro. In fact your very last post was bitching about Paige and the company's potential use of her. I think the same thing as you!

0nl5Qwy.gif

About WCW. The cruiseweight division was classic. Best high-octane action in the history of the business. But to me it's not worth supporting Vince. A pig in shit is what you compared yourself to? That's exactly what I think you are. If you don't like what I'm contributing, leave me alone man. Just leave me alone.

Anyway, just got my ROH / NJPW ticket. Lower balcony should provide a good view of the action. I know it's going to sell out. Only Lower Balcony and 9th row left now. It should be sold out in a week. I'm not sure I will attend. It depends on the card. If I change my mind, I have no doubt I can get my $20 back from someone who wants to go.
Wall of text. LOL.

Yes, I shit on the WWE product constantly, but not so much that I'm in the baby-wah-wah phase where I'm one of the many basement internet douches stating "Vince isn't pushing MY FAVORITE WRESTLER, MY GUY ISN'T CHAMP so fuck HIS NETWORK!!!1 I'll spend my money on fat chicks and booze instead."

Seriously. Get the fuck over yourself. fucking kids these days.

Really, anyone that feels the need to defend themselves and/or their thoughts or beliefs ON THE INTERNET with a massive wall of text-style post like this is the one that really needs the reality check.

Regardless, I hope you have fun at ROH/NJPW... if you go. I'm sure it'll be a stellar show.

It really is too bad that there's no Cruiserweight Title or X-Division or whatever in WWE. El Torito did great this week in Main Event and I can't help but love the guy.

http://youtu.be/2GSOJwvgA08

Also, WWE is trying to have the Xbox 360 App fixed by March 3rd.

According to the official FAQ, Raw and Smackdown episodes are available on the network 30 days after they air. Obviously  they're doing that so the ratings don't get hurt, as I imagine they would if they put them up the day after.

It should make for interesting binge watching, though.  You could not watch the product at all for 3 months and then  sit down and  watch all the Raw/Smackdown you wanted,  plus the PPVs, skipping the bad parts.

According to the official FAQ, Raw and Smackdown episodes are available on the network 30 days after they air. Obviously they're doing that so the ratings don't get hurt, as I imagine they would if they put them up the day after.

It should make for interesting binge watching, though. You could not watch the product at all for 3 months and then sit down and watch all the Raw/Smackdown you wanted, plus the PPVs, skipping the bad parts.
It probably runs in conflict with their contract with Hulu Plus. Hulu Plus gets next day Raw/Smackdown Replays right now and that's how I have to watch it since I refuse to subscribe to cable. (Although, I'm still holding out hope that they somehow are able to get live Raw and Smackdown on the Network even though the chances of that happening are ridiculously slim.)

It really is too bad that there's no Cruiserweight Title or X-Division or whatever in WWE. El Torito did great this week in Main Event and I can't help but love the guy.

I'd rather see a European-tier championship, personally. Give the undercard guys something to do. One more belt for Kofi to constantly chase after.

They also said the 360 app could be fixed over the weekend and they'd send a mass alert out when it was.

http://youtu.be/2GSOJwvgA08

Goldust can still move well and to be honest seems to be in the best shape of his career. I've really enjoyed the stuff with him and Cody. It also seems like the best ring work is being shown in the largest quantities in NXT, Main Event and Superstars. The stuff where they aren't shilling their shite stories and you can let the guys have time to do a proper match to fill those timeslots it seems. Not always but a higher percentage of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qA2-XwEMho

Virgil is in a movie.

"Lets go run that mile!"

Wall of text. LOL.

Yes, I shit on the WWE product constantly, but not so much that I'm in the baby-wah-wah phase where I'm one of the many basement internet douches stating "Vince isn't pushing MY FAVORITE WRESTLER, MY GUY ISN'T CHAMP so fuck HIS NETWORK!!!1 I'll spend my money on fat chicks and booze instead."

Seriously. Get the fuck over yourself. fucking kids these days.

Really, anyone that feels the need to defend themselves and/or their thoughts or beliefs ON THE INTERNET with a massive wall of text-style post like this is the one that really needs the reality check.

Regardless, I hope you have fun at ROH/NJPW... if you go. I'm sure it'll be a stellar show.
Wall of texts is my gimmick. What got me is that the crowd has been vocally telling Vince what they don't like. What does the company do? They mute the audience. That's bullshit and that is the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you want to order the network, good on you. I've never said one bad word against you about it. I speak for myself. But they won't get my money until the current product shapes up. I assumed that was a fair stance. Sorry.

New trailer for WWE's "Signature Sounds"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7szJkmJU-WQ

Hulk Hogan's Rock N' Wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBpVfXkcoCY

According to the official FAQ, Raw and Smackdown episodes are available on the network 30 days after they air. Obviously they're doing that so the ratings don't get hurt, as I imagine they would if they put them up the day after.
Or, you know, contracts

Goldust can still move well and to be honest seems to be in the best shape of his career. I've really enjoyed the stuff with him and Cody. It also seems like the best ring work is being shown in the largest quantities in NXT, Main Event and Superstars. The stuff where they aren't shilling their shite stories and you can let the guys have time to do a proper match to fill those timeslots it seems. Not always but a higher percentage of the time.
Goldust is on the DDP Yoga thing and attributes that as to how he's moving so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=UUiJ5N30vkITnXY61QyAsX0g&v=drDUl7vZAM4

Very good interview with JR. Solid Listen and some very good stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back