* * * * * 2 votes

IndieGameStand Thread

Indie PWYW BTA IGS

#301 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Life of Pixel

BTA: ---
Sleed neep.

#302 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

Actually kind of want this, but it's more a $.25 Groupees want than a $1 IGS want.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#303 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

Actually kind of want this, but it's more a $.25 Groupees want than a $1 IGS want.

I have no idea why I bought it at the time ... but it was in the Groupees Remute bundle thingo as a bonus.

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#304 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:23 AM

Knytt Underground

BTA: Knytt Underground OST
  • Available platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Steam
  • Featured Charity: Special Effect

Sleed neep.

#305 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

Star Nomad

BTA: Ninja Girl: RPG Defense
Sleed neep.

#306 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

Star Nomad

I would have so bought this if the charity was "Doctors without Borders"....ah well..

If you want to try them (Star Nomad and the Ninja Girl BTA offering) for free and you have an Androideka phone, you can download them for free at: https://play.google....alfgeek Studios

EDIT: Mini Star Nomad review:  Fly your ship around, buy low/sell high, take on missions for money, pimp out your ship.  A tablet/phone based riff on Privateer (with a top-down perspective). Virtually unplayable on a 5in screen. Has a lot of text you have to read, some of which is readable (missions, star map, etc), other text such as buying things from the shipyard, merchants, etc. appears to be in about 1.1pt font on my Galaxy S4 screen. I believe those merchant/shipyard/etc. screens would be more readable (even with the small font) if the text was not white-outlined-with-black on an off-white background.  Make the background color that the text sits on much darker to increase contrast and I'll take another look.  Will revisit when it shows up in a bundle (tempted to toss a dolla its way at IGS, but whenever I do dat, it shows up in a bundle next week...so pass for now)

#307 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2227 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:33 AM

I would have so bought this if the charity was "Doctors without Borders"....ah well..

If you want to try them (Star Nomad and the Ninja Girl BTA offering) for free and you have an Androideka phone, you can download them for free at: https://play.google....alfgeek Studios

I notice you didn't mention their Flappy Sperm game.  You were going to keep that one all to yourself weren't you?  Hmmm?

#308 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

I notice you didn't mention their Flappy Sperm game.  You were going to keep that one all to yourself weren't you?  Hmmm?

I didn't mention it because I found it personally offensive, I'm not sure how they found out about the flappyness of "my boys", but I WILL get to the bottom of it!

#309 Halfgeek  

Halfgeek

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

Pardon my French!! :D

Truly an inspired game that one..  I still can't get past 42, and I made it. I'm such a bad gamer. ;)

#310 Halfgeek  

Halfgeek

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

I didn't mention it because I found it personally offensive, I'm not sure how they found out about the flappyness of "my boys", but I WILL get to the bottom of it!

I have no idea whether "your boys" are Flappy or not... 

But if they ARE Flappy, then its in your hands. Truly. 

Mine is not too bad, 42 is acceptable.

#311 Halfgeek  

Halfgeek

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

EDIT: Mini Star Nomad review:  Fly your ship around, buy low/sell high, take on missions for money, pimp out your ship.  A tablet/phone based riff on Privateer (with a top-down perspective). Virtually unplayable on a 5in screen. Has a lot of text you have to read, some of which is readable (missions, star map, etc), other text such as buying things from the shipyard, merchants, etc. appears to be in about 1.1pt font on my Galaxy S4 screen. I believe those merchant/shipyard/etc. screens would be more readable (even with the small font) if the text was not white-outlined-with-black on an off-white background.  Make the background color that the text sits on much darker to increase contrast and I'll take another look.  Will revisit when it shows up in a bundle (tempted to toss a dolla its way at IGS, but whenever I do dat, it shows up in a bundle next week...so pass for now)

Thanks for the feedback, I had a lot of beta testers (recruited via Reddit) on Android, they managed ok on 5" devices but you are right. The game is designed for a larger screen on PC & tablets, i struggled with it to be optimal for small mobiles.

I will change out the font, as well as making it larger in the next update. Its just I got to be careful when messing with font code else it throws everything out of wack due to scaling!

It is meant to be my own interpretation of a top-down privateer, its my favorite space sim. Personally, I think my story line homage to classic scifi of the 80s/90s (dune, blade runner, johnny mnemonic etc) as well as WW2 references are more involved and deeper, but hey, I am biased. ;) Also, its got space mining, finally!

ps. I've messaged you regarding the IGS deal issue you had.

#312 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I had a lot of beta testers (recruited via Reddit) on Android, they managed ok on 5" devices but you are right. The game is designed for a larger screen on PC & tablets, i struggled with it to be optimal for small mobiles.

I will change out the font, as well as making it larger in the next update. Its just I got to be careful when messing with font code else it throws everything out of wack due to scaling!

It is meant to be my own interpretation of a top-down privateer, its my favorite space sim. Personally, I think my story line is more involved and deeper, but hey, I am biased. ;) Also, its got space mining, finally!

ps. I've messaged you regarding the IGS deal issue you had.

Yeah, you do have a zoom feature which is helpful, but I think that the "buy/sell screens" are overlays?  So even if I "zoom" it zooms my ship, immediate area, etc, but not the overlay.  If it zoomed the overlay, also, that would probably go a long way to help readability.

I completely get what you are saying regarding font layout, I think increased contrast between the "buy/sell" menu text and the menu background they are on would be a good first thing to try, I notice I have less of an issue with the some of the text on a darker background. 

I do think on a 7"+ tablet (maybe even a Galaxy Note 6-ish inch) I would probably be ok...So I'm not exactly working with an optimal screen size for this particular app.

#313 Halfgeek  

Halfgeek

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

All the UI are indeed overlays.

I'll see if i can make the shop font to be the same as the NPC comms font, since that is larger, with more contrast. Also could make the menu BG darker to contrast more too. Thanks.

#314 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29321 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

another topic  to look at  

WOOOO I STINK

#315 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Super Cyborg

BTA: Super Cyborg Concept Art and OST
Sleed neep.

#316 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

Battlepaths

BTA: Undead Legions
Sleed neep.

#317 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Coated

BTA: N/A
Sleed neep.

#318 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4478 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

That looks really neat.  I was considering grabbing it until I saw that I already had it from the Flying Greenlight Bundle 2.

#319 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

Looks like a 2D version of de Blob.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#320 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

Looks like somebody's English isn't up to scratch.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#321 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

Into The Gloom

BTA: Plith, Micy Roll
Sleed neep.

#322 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Pilota

BTA: Pilota aircraft guide and world map
  • Available platforms: Windows
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura
  • Featured Charity: Child's Play Charity

Sleed neep.

#323 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

You know, that actually looks kind of interesting. It's different, anyway. I'm so sick of the frickin' retro platformers.

Though I think I'm gonna hold off for a bit to see if Desura keys are forthcoming.

#324 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:42 PM

Huh. That does actually look halfway decent.

What are the odds that it'll get bundled?

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#325 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Desura keys for Pilota are available.
Sleed neep.

#326 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8496 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Huh. That does actually look halfway decent.

What are the odds that it'll get bundled?

Great I think about 1 out of 2 IGS games get bundled. The key word is when.

#327 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Dungeon Lurk II - Leona

BTA: OST
  • Available platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android

Sleed neep.

#328 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

WolfWars

BTA: Still Not Dead
Sleed neep.

#329 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8496 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

I kind of want this....I think it's only been in a Flying Bundle and I feel it will get bundled somewhere...likely an Indiegala Every Monday bundle or sometimes Friday or a Groupees Tuesday one....I love card games and I hope it's good at least.

#330 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

So what's up with the non-functional youtube embeds?

Diehard Dungeon

BTA: Diehard Dungeon OST
  • Available platforms: Windows

Sleed neep.