IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
crowdfunded on kickstarter

featured in the windows phone store

I appreciate the honesty, but I'm not sure they understand how a promotional video is supposed to work.
In the case of visual novels and adventure games I don't think there's a huge difference between how it plays on mobile and on the PC but yeah probably not the best way to market to PC gamers.

New IGS Deal: Luna's Wandering Stars 

PC/Mac (Desura, Steam Greenlight)

BTA for Loving Life (a nonfictional artistic visual short story)

Oh, hey, IGS hated the Debut 12 bundle, too.

Good for them!

When an IGS game is on Greenlight, do you have to pay a minimum if the dev later decides to distribute Steam keys through IGS, or how does that work, exactly?

Oh, hey, IGS hated the Debut 12 bundle, too.

Good for them!

When an IGS game is on Greenlight, do you have to pay a minimum if the dev later decides to distribute Steam keys through IGS, or how does that work, exactly?
Yes, you've gotta pay at least a dollar if you want a future steam key.

Revenge of the Be Mine 12, huh?

If the average gets under $1.20, I might bite for Echo of the Wilds; it was basically the only thing in BM12 I was curious about. At the current average of $1.98 (damn), that might be hoping for too much, though.

Revenge of the Be Mine 12, huh?

If the average gets under $1.20, I might bite for Echo of the Wilds; it was basically the only thing in BM12 I was curious about. At the current average of $1.98 (damn), that might be hoping for too much, though.
Should have got in the cheap buy for Be Mine 12. I've played Echo of the Wilds a bit and it's pretty tough, but seems very interesting and the main game does have a story, though it's not crazy strong so far where I am (you have to find an item to save...haha...good luck!). It is pretty fun and a very good challenge. It feels like a big survival for sure.

Should have got in the cheap buy for Be Mine 12. I've played Echo of the Wilds a bit and it's pretty tough, but seems very interesting and the main game does have a story, though it's not crazy strong so far where I am (you have to find an item to save...haha...good luck!). It is pretty fun and a very good challenge. It feels like a big survival for sure.
Eh. $1.50, which is what most people were asking, felt like too much for one game, and I'm a bit of a paypal n00b, anyway. <$1.20... honestly, that's still more than I really want to pay, but I might buckle if it actually gets to that.

Ilamentia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IUq9EJjiYI

BTA: Echo of the Wilds, Ilamentia Extended Remix Album & Wallpaper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38jVeJcarPE
  • Available platforms: Windows
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Greenlight

New IGS Deal:

Spy Chameleon - RBG Agent

PC/Mac/Linux (DRM-free, Steam Greenlight

BTA For OST
That game actually looks kinda good.

I wish they made the main character a wise-cracking chameleon, could make it the closest thing to a spiritual successor to the Gex series.

So, do I have to pay $1+ to be guaranteed a Steam key if it's greenlit?

I wish they made the main character a wise-cracking chameleon, could make it the closest thing to a spiritual successor to the Gex series.

Yep that is how IGS works.

Yup.

Edit: Darnit, redundant response there =/

Yep that is how IGS works.

Come on, Bobby, get with the program.

Yup.

Edit: Darnit, redundant response there =/
Wasn't sure. The only thing I've bought from IGS is 1849 and that was already greenlit when it showed up so it deliberately said "Pay $1+ for a Steam key when it's available". This game isn't Greenlit yet, but I guess the same rules apply.

I agree, this one actually looks good, but I might still wait to see if it will get bundled.
You're probably right, but at least I'm not the only one who thought it was any good.

I voted and shared it on my Steam activity feed a month or so ago, but I guess no one pays attention to my awesome Greenlight spam.
You know, I don't pay enough attention to my activity feed. Is there a way to like make it overlay on Steam or something? I feel Steam has a lot of great features, it's just a pain to navigate them.

I voted and shared it on my Steam activity feed a month or so ago, but I guess no one pays attention to my awesome Greenlight spam.
I'm like Fox in this regard. I just don't check it for the same reason I don't check my Facebook feed if I ever actually end up using the thing, just too cluttered and inconvenient to check. Sorry SecretSquirrel.

New IGS Deal

Fatal Theory 

PC (Desura, DRM-free, Steam Greenlight)

BTA for Soundtrack and Exclusive Teaser Comic

Fatal Theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYl16K3IYPg

BTA: OST, Fatal Theory Teaser Comic

• Available platforms: Windows
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Greenlight
This looks a bit unpolished for a brawler. I'll pass on it, haven't played too many of these types of games lately that have been good except Fist Puncher, which was very good and polished....

This looks a bit unpolished for a brawler. I'll pass on it, haven't played too many of these types of games lately that have been good except Fist Puncher, which was very good and polished....
I have it but haven't tried it. If I get to it in the next few days, I'll report my take on it.

New Deal

Cubesis

PC (Desura, DRM-free)

BTA for 3 extra exclusive levels
I missed it, just didn't seem worth the $1 considering it's not even on Greenlight and I hate this "exclusive levels" shit. Throw in the OST/wallpapers or something instead.

Agreed. It looks like it has some great ideas but the execution is lacking. With a bigger budget, I really think this could be a good game. Brawlers are definitely a genre where precision matters.

I have it but haven't tried it. If I get to it in the next few days, I'll report my take on it.
Please do, if you don't mind.

I actually ended up picking up Fatal Theory....could be good i'll give me opinion on it later. Will pass on glitchspace for now but looks interesting.

I actually ended up picking up Fatal Theory....could be good i'll give me opinion on it later. Will pass on glitchspace for now but looks interesting.
I'd probably get Glitchspace if I hadn't already gotten it from the Groupees Spotlight. Groupees offered different stuff for paying higher though, I wonder how good 9.03m is.

Glitchspace looks like the kind of game I could love if it had a carefully designed singleplayer campaign mode, and they actually seem to be putting some effort into that.  But they say they're aiming for a 2-3 hour campaign, so i think I'll wait until they're done with it and see if it ends up longer.

I hope they do actually finish it, though.

Glitchspace looks like the kind of game I could love if it had a carefully designed singleplayer campaign mode, and they actually seem to be putting some effort into that. But they say they're aiming for a 2-3 hour campaign, so i think I'll wait until they're done with it and see if it ends up longer.

I hope they do actually finish it, though.
$1 for a 2-3 hour game that you think looks like something you'd enjoy doesn't seem bad to me.

$1 for a 2-3 hour game that you think looks like something you'd enjoy doesn't seem bad to me.
True. But I just can't get past that early access bias. I've always been very hesitant to buy something based on what the creators promise it will be in the future. And right now, it's only about an hour long and people are asking for more complexity in the puzzles and level design during that hour. Call me a fake CAG, but I'd rather pay a little more when it's done and reward the devs for actually finishing their game than buy in now and hope nothing bad happens during the rest of development.

I get that other people are into that, but if I'm going to buy a game individually outside of a bundle, it's going to be one worth playing as-is, where I won't mind if it never updates again. From what people are saying about Glitchspace, it's not there yet. I'll definitely be watching it in the future, though.

...I'd rather pay a little more when it's done and reward the devs for actually finishing their game than buy in now and hope nothing bad happens during the rest of development...
It's funny that we've gotten to the point now where we feel the need to reward developers for actually finishing their game, but such is the state of PC gaming today. This all ties into some of the conversation that's been going on in the Steam thread recently.

In this case though they've got it at such a low entry price point at least they aren't exploiting people and milking it for all they can get. I feel like if they have to do it then a very low price point with a low risk (with the option to pay more if people want to 'donate') is a decent way to go about. I know some people feel the opposite that the hardcore fans who want to get in early should pay Planetary Annihilation pricing but I really feel like if there's risk for me it needs to be balanced to the point where there's not much to lose unless I have a very high level of trust in the developer.

I get that other people are into that, but if I'm going to buy a game individually outside of a bundle, it's going to be one worth playing as-is, where I won't mind if it never updates again. From what people are saying about Glitchspace, it's not there yet. I'll definitely be watching it in the future, though.
No, I entirely get that, I'm not really very keen on buying half finished games either (though mainly because I have too many other games to play as is, I might as well wait). I just misread your comment to be that you weren't buying because the advertised length wasn't to your liking, but it's definitely fair to wait and see how development pans out if it's something you can hold off on.

What did Brandon ever do?
Presumably he was born.

The trailer actually looks halfway decent, even if it is a super-obvious Binding of Isaac clone.

EDIT:
And Neuro, you missed some of the BTA bonuses. There's also the sentry gun upgrade, the sentry gun upgrade, and the sentry gun upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back