IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
I will buy the game, and somehow I feel the game creators knew they weren't going to get their kickstarter goal plus it's already on Desura though I have no idea in what state. Still looks very aight.

I'm kind of tired of first person puzzle games....think I've played too many mediocre ones lately (about 2 of them haha) so i'll very likely pass.

We'll be interviewing the developer tonight on our Twitch channel at 8PM EST. Come hang out while we check out the game and ask the developer some questions. I'll be running some giveaways at the end of the stream as well. Thanks for the support!

Twitch / IndieGameStand 

Soul Gambler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyVwxXjmpus

BTA: OST and exclusive art book

• Available platforms: Windows
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura
  • Featured Charity: Child's Play Charity
Original looking adventure game, easy buy for me!

Edit: Still buying but from Desura comments:

You need to have IE 10 and .NET 4.0 (Client Profile) installed on your PC in order to be able to play Soul Gambler. The game was originally built from a web framework and depends on those two software to work correctly.

Ewwwww developer come on....make it not dependable on some things like that!!!

I had my eye on it so I'm grabbing it but couple of things (besides the IE and .NET thing; I have Win 8 so I have them by default).

The developer posted on Desura that the version there got the art and soundtrack added, so even if you pay $1 when you redeem the key you should still get the bonuses there. *Edit: Confirmed. You do get the soundtrack and art on Desura regardless of how much you paid on IGS as long as you paid at least $1 to get a Desura key, of course.

No Greenlight. Really? Do these developers not pay attention? Everything worth half a damn (and plenty of stuff that isn't) where the developers make even a half hearted attempt to promote or bundle it gets in. It's not hard anymore. Just try.

Eh, whenever I buy a game from IGS or DailyIndieGame, the game tends to end up in a bundle shortly thereafter....so no, Soul Gambler, I will not fall for your promise of Desura and grandeur!

Eh, whenever I buy a game from IGS or DailyIndieGame, the game tends to end up in a bundle shortly thereafter....so no, Soul Gambler, I will not fall for your promise of Desura and grandeur!
Where's The Gambler in you :p . I don't mind getting extra keys and many of my IGS buys still haven't been bundled...and some are over bundled (that RPGMaker Hacker 2 games).

Original looking adventure game, easy buy for me!

Edit: Still buying but from Desura comments:

You need to have IE 10 and .NET 4.0 (Client Profile) installed on your PC in order to be able to play Soul Gambler. The game was originally built from a web framework and depends on those two software to work correctly.

Ewwwww developer come on....make it not dependable on some things like that!!!
I'm out, have IE 11 but use chrome.

Last chance on Soul Gambler.

Update on the IE thing, they're working on a new version based on the Unity engine that will drop the IE requirement and will also have Mac and Linux versions. Everyone who owns it will get the new version and also a Steam key if it gets Greenlit.

https://indiegamestand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11076#p11076

"The current Soul Gambler game was developed by M.Gaia Studio and it has a few annoying problem, one of those problems is the requirement of having IE10 and .NET 4.0 (client profile) installed on your PC. We are recreating the game and working in a Director’s Cut edition, on the Unity Game Engine, to get rid of such problems like IE and to be able to release the game in almost every game platform. I am really sorry for the trouble that the current game caused you. We are working to fix it."
*Edited to add: More info on the Director's cut on their Greenlight page.

Oh and Sunasun IE 11 is fine and you don't have to use it as your regular web browser. You just need to have at least IE 10 installed on your computer for it to work. I have IE 11 installed which I never use for browsing because I use Chrome and this game/visual novel runs for me.

Meh, I'm on the fence about Copod. It seems kind of like Aquaria meets Asteroids meets Waking Mars meets Evo. I do really like the music though.

Copod looks ok......I'll think about it but seems simple and wasn't too impressed by the gameplay. Not sure how this classifies as a rogue lite either unless you keep dying or something and having to try again....I haven't played it but seemed more like some metroidvania lite game. If anyone plays give their opinion on it.

I always worry an IGS will be the odd game that doesn't get bundled again elsewhere but in this case even if that happens I think I'll manage.

Last chance on Soul Gambler.

Update on the IE thing, they're working on a new version based on the Unity engine that will drop the IE requirement and will also have Mac and Linux versions. Everyone who owns it will get the new version and also a Steam key if it gets Greenlit.

https://indiegamestand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11076#p11076

*Edited to add: More info on the Director's cut on their Greenlight page.

Oh and Sunasun IE 11 is fine and you don't have to use it as your regular web browser. You just need to have at least IE 10 installed on your computer for it to work. I have IE 11 installed which I never use for browsing because I use Chrome and this game/visual novel runs for me.
darn it, took a break for a few days and missed this response before the sole soul gambler sale ended.

darn it, took a break for a few days and missed this response before the sole soul gambler sale ended.
Soul Gambler is actually $1.99 on desura right now, a 50% off will get you the same price as IndieGameStand although chances are they will probably increase the price when it is getting closer to greenlit.

Looks interesting. I kind of hate when they do the 'special extra crap you can't get on Desura!' thing. Then I inevitably want it and have to worry about fussing with some extra DRM free download of crap that I'll probably forget about anyway and never play instead of just entering the key on Desura and forgetting about it until it gets Greenlit, then entering the Steam key and forgetting about it.

I'll wait and see if the average goes down. Otherwise I don't know, might $1 it if I don't pull a Gilby.

Is it just me or in the video for this Turtle Enclave game, but I couldn't tell what was going in the battles, are they real time for actions and once they come up they just do them? Looks a bit ugly in the graphics department and chaotic in the battle department....i'll think about it for now.

It's said to be turn based on the Greenlight page, which is fine with me.

On a related note, the developer did post this on his Greenlight site.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/93712604/846945955334773353/

Heftig [developer] Feb 22, 2013 @ 12:22pm

What is Your Impression of Siege of Turtle Enclave?

Based on the screens, videos, and description, what do you think? Basically; with what type of games do you associate with this game? Turn based, Real Time Strategy, RPG, Tower Defense? I ask because a few people have looked and said 'Tower Defense' or 'Real Time Strategy' when the game is more Turn-Based and light 4X, with Real-Time elements (battles). So feedback would be great to help me more accurately represent the game as I intend it to be viewed, so gamers that are into that type of game won't mistake it for something else and pass it by. (Cuz it's shaping up into a really fun game!)

Thanks in advance!

~Heftig

Cat Girl Without Salad! follows the adventures of Kebako - a female space bounty hunter and four-star chef - searching for love and adventure on the intergalactic space seas. Kebako is joined by her insipid squadron of Calamarites on their quest to rid the cosmos of the notoriously-tardy NekoNekoNeko Clan.

The game combines elements from several gaming genres, including puzzler, platformer, shmup, action, shooter, adventure, strategy, fighting, rhythm, arcade, horror, tactical, RPG, TPS, RTS, and visual novel.

CGWS_screenshot.png

Or a sign they have no freaking clue what direction to take their game in.
I dunno, I take it as a sign that they're doing a lot with the game and can't give it one set classification. Usually that means it's some sort of hybrid, and there's not a whole lot of those. I appreciate that they're trying to do something new enough that they don't exactly fit a label.

Also, the fact that they're taking feedback about how to represent it is always something I like when devs do. Community interaction is good. :mrgreen:

LALALALALALA

I can't hear you.
From Destructoid:

Last March 31st, I posted a story about a videogame that is a real videogame. A lot of people said, "Hey, it's the day before April 1st! This isn't a real videogame for sure! You got punked, dummy!" It's amazing how wrong people can be. My love for this game will single-handedly force it to exist. You'll see.

I'm not the only one to fall in love with Cat Girl on first sight. The amount of fan art that's accumulated around the game has been astounding (my favorite being these Smash Bros. announcement-style 3D models). Not all of that fan art is visual. The talented Mark Soto has created a whole soundtrack for the presumed-to-be-fictional videogame. It's available for free, and it's delightful.

It will be interesting to see any of this music will make it's way into the game by the time of its release into the real world. Which is definitely going to happen. You son of a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back