* * * * * 2 votes

IndieGameStand Thread

Indie PWYW BTA IGS

#31 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Apparently Indie Game Stand is distributing Desura keys for Data Hacker Initiation and Corruption now. Would have been nice to know they would be doing that back when the deal was running and I tried to ask about it but got no response. :roll:

#32 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

Apparently Indie Game Stand is distributing Desura keys for Data Hacker Initiation and Corruption now. Would have been nice to know they would be doing that back when the deal was running and I tried to ask about it but got no response. :roll:

Yeah, well, you'll be glad they didn't when those games show up in an Indiegala.

#33 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4092 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

<p>
New Deal

Super Trench Attack! v2.0

BTA: Medal Wars game & Super Trench Attack! OST

• Available platforms: Windows
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Steam Greenlight

I'm really tired of this "retro-look" wave.

#34 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

New deal...

Subject 9

BTA:OST
  • Available platforms: Windows, Mac  
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Steam Greenlight (game has been Greenlit)

#35 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

This was in the Debut 6 bundle, but due to IR's wacky pricing I passed. It sort of reminds me of a isometric Vanquish for some reason.

#36 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

This was in the Debut 6 bundle, but due to IR's wacky pricing I passed. It sort of reminds me of a isometric Vanquish for some reason.

I was going to ask if anyone had tried this as I was thinking of grabbing it.  Instead I'll thank you for pointing out that I already have it.

#37 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

New IGS Deal 
PWYW for 1849 min 1 dollar for keys when available 
PC/Mac (DRM-free, Greenlit) 
BTA for Wallpapers and Android Demo (maybe full android version when released?)

#38 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

New deal...

BTA:Android Demo & Wallpapers
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Steam Greenlight (NOTE: 1849 has been Greenlit and qualifying PWYW purchases will be eligible to receive Steam keys when the game launches in May. )

#39 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9286 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:29 AM

For those of you wondering about the Android version, the dev has confirmed in the forums that BTAing only gets you the Android DEMO ("for the community to try out" aka beta test). And will not provide the full version.

They are definitely giving out Desura/Steam keys once the game releases in May though. It looks neat, but unless you really want the wallpapers, there's no sense in BTAing (it's $1.30 atm) for a mobile demo.

Here's the quote:

The Android demo is just an experimental build that we wanted to share with our community, but it's not a full game, and will not be upgraded to a full version.

I think it looks neat, so I put in the $1.00. Maybe they'll include the wallpapers anyways in the full-release.

#40 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Eh I BTA anyway (was $1.19 at the point I got it so I paid $1.20). I know it's unCAGly of me but it wasn't much more and I figured I might muck around with the demo/beta on my tablet for a bit.

#41 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

New Deal...

Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love

BTA:Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love - Warped Edition

• Available platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Steam

#42 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9286 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Cube & Star is also in the current Atomic Bundle at IndieRoyale (but not the warped edition).

Warped Edition is supposed to be the game but with "different visual effects" (whatever that means).

The dev has tweeted that he'll be trying to include Desura keys as well for those who purchased.

#43 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Indie Game Stand is such a pain in the ass about Desura keys. It seems like we frequently have to nag them for it whereas we never do with Groupees or Gala. Kind of tired of that crap.

#44 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Indie Game Stand is such a pain in the ass about Desura keys. It seems like we frequently have to nag them for it whereas we never do with Groupees or Gala. Kind of tired of that crap.

I can't say the issues with keys is the only reason I've not grabbed anything from IGS in a long time, but it certainly is one reason.

#45 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9286 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

On the bright side, at least this comes with a Steam key. The Desura key is just a bonus, imo, I definitely care less about +1 Desura as opposed to +1 Steam. At least the dev is acknowledging it and trying.

#46 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Well Gala WON'T give Desura or DRM-free if it is already available on Steam. Plus the soundtrack/bonus art stuff are rarely included. As much as I like Groupees, they don't always get DRM-free and Desura (even if they are available) ie Two Brothers didn't get DRM-free for either Groupees or IndieGala. The situation for these promotions are different. IGS is about the individual dev and the DRM-free, while Groupees is about a theme of games (and if they get desura or drm-free great. If they don't, well we can't do much about it unless the Groupees admins nag the devs for them) and IndieGala is about one or the other. If there's Steam, then no drm-free. If Desura, no drm-free (but Steam in the future of course), if drm-free (well... there is a big chance the game isn't on greenlight and we have to nag for steam keys anyways) 

BTW Desura keys available now for Cube and Star. (If OP hasn't updated it yet)

also Footlol Steam keys in your wallet now if you bought it through IGS.

#47 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Soul Gambler is on sale today only for 99 cents down from $5. However there are no Desura keys (in spite of the game being on Desura) and the game is not on Steam Greenlight at all so that kind of kills the deal for me.

A shame because with a Desura key or maybe even just being on Greenlight with a promise of a Steam key later if it gets in I'd definitely go for it at this price.

#48 SeriousGeorge   horrendusness CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

SeriousGeorge

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

crowdfunded on kickstarter

featured in the windows phone store

I appreciate the honesty, but I'm not sure they understand how a promotional video is supposed to work.

#49 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

I appreciate the honesty, but I'm not sure they understand how a promotional video is supposed to work.

Needs more Zrinka.

#50 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

crowdfunded on kickstarter

featured in the windows phone store

In the case of visual novels and adventure games I don't think there's a huge difference between how it plays on mobile and on the PC but yeah probably not the best way to market to PC gamers.

#51 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

New IGS Deal: Luna's Wandering Stars 

PC/Mac (Desura, Steam Greenlight)

BTA for Loving Life (a nonfictional artistic visual short story)

#52 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5584 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

Oh, hey, IGS hated the Debut 12 bundle, too.

Good for them!

When an IGS game is on Greenlight, do you have to pay a minimum if the dev later decides to distribute Steam keys through IGS, or how does that work, exactly?

#53 spoderman  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

Oh, hey, IGS hated the Debut 12 bundle, too.

Good for them!

When an IGS game is on Greenlight, do you have to pay a minimum if the dev later decides to distribute Steam keys through IGS, or how does that work, exactly?

Yes, you've gotta pay at least a dollar if you want a future steam key.

#54 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5584 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

Figured, but it was worth double checking. Thanks.

#55 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Luna's Wandering Stars

BTA: Luna's Wandering Stars OST and Loving Life Visual Novel
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Greenlight

#56 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, someone should put that in the OP or whenever a new deal is posted or in IGS's blog.

Also, if you don't care about Loving Life's soundtrack, you can download it for free: Loving Life Visual Novel

#57 letsmaybeLP92   Indie Game Enthusiast CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

letsmaybeLP92

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

New Deal:

PWYW for Ilamentia 

PC (Desura, DRM-free, Steam Greenlight)

BTA for Echo of the Wilds, Exclusive Wallpaper and Remix Album

#58 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5584 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Revenge of the Be Mine 12, huh?

If the average gets under $1.20, I might bite for Echo of the Wilds; it was basically the only thing in BM12 I was curious about. At the current average of $1.98 (damn), that might be hoping for too much, though.

#59 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10557 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

Revenge of the Be Mine 12, huh?

If the average gets under $1.20, I might bite for Echo of the Wilds; it was basically the only thing in BM12 I was curious about. At the current average of $1.98 (damn), that might be hoping for too much, though.

Should have got in the cheap buy for Be Mine 12. I've played Echo of the Wilds a bit and it's pretty tough, but seems very interesting and the main game does have a story, though it's not crazy strong so far where I am (you have to find an item to save...haha...good luck!). It is pretty fun and a very good challenge. It feels like a big survival for sure.

#60 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5584 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

Should have got in the cheap buy for Be Mine 12. I've played Echo of the Wilds a bit and it's pretty tough, but seems very interesting and the main game does have a story, though it's not crazy strong so far where I am (you have to find an item to save...haha...good luck!). It is pretty fun and a very good challenge. It feels like a big survival for sure.

Eh. $1.50, which is what most people were asking, felt like too much for one game, and I'm a bit of a paypal n00b, anyway. <$1.20... honestly, that's still more than I really want to pay, but I might buckle if it actually gets to that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indie, PWYW, BTA, IGS