* * * * * 2 votes

IndieGameStand Thread

Indie PWYW BTA IGS

#601 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:11 AM

Will Fight For Food's only been on Steam for a month. Give it time. It'll be bundled again eventually.

#602 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

The IGS twitter feed just posted a clue:

In case they delete it, it says "Just realized that $6 gets you 6 games"

So if we take into account that the previous deal had three games, and this one has two, then the next one will consist of only one game with who knows what as a BTA bonus. Music? Dunno.

#603 ocean almighty   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

ocean almighty

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:13 AM

It's nice to see that their 3 deal bundle is now $6 (down from $10).  I may actually take that offer if I ever miss a good deal.

#604 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

somethingsomething black&whiteit'sart somethingsomething soundtrackforfoxhackexceptnotFLACsohe'djusthaveitremoved somethingsomething

#605 spoderman  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

somethingsomething black&whiteit'sart somethingsomething soundtrackforfoxhackexceptnotFLACsohe'djusthaveitremoved somethingsomething

Hm, it doesn't look terrible.. but I know if I buy it it'll get bundled, and if I don't buy it it won't get bundled. Fuck

#606 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6161 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

In for a quarter.

If it gets re-bundled, it wont sting all that much. And in the meantime, I'll have my precious DRM-Free copy (that I'll probably never play).

#607 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4587 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

That actually looks like a great game, kinda like Portal but set in the 1930's before colour TV.

It's a pity I'm too cheap to buy it outside of a bundle.

Link

#608 spoderman  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:49 AM

Next game is Standpoint. It looks decent, but you might want to skip it because its published by Plug in Digital

#609 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13840 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:25 AM

Hope you all bought Parallax and will buy Standpoint. I'm looking forward to getting some new games in this week's bundles.

#610 spoderman  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

Standpoint deal is live. You get Spirit of War if you bta.

EDIT: I had the BTA locked in at $1.02, and also bought Parallax. Someone kill me now before they get bundled. If I die before they get bundled I won't be disappointed!

#611 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4250 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

Standpoint deal is live. You get Spirit of War if you bta.

EDIT: I had the BTA locked in at $1.02, and also bought Parallax. Someone kill me now before they get bundled. If I die before they get bundled I won't be disappointed!

y u do dis?

#612 spoderman  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

y u do dis?

I forgot to check if my brain was on

#613 Supersheep   baa! CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:42 AM

Just an FYI: It looks like the developers of Standpoint haven't received a cent from their publisher since release. If somehow you have a problem with that (as do I), you might want to hold off buying this game for the moment.

Source: http://www.reddit.co...am_key_bta_for/

#614 spoderman  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

Just an FYI: It looks like the developers of Standpoint haven't received a cent from their publisher since release. If somehow you have a problem with that (as do I), you might want to hold off buying this game for the moment.

Source: http://www.reddit.co...am_key_bta_for/

2 l8

Sucks that they're not getting paid though..

#615 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

StandPoint

BTA: Spirit of War (Steam - Win, Mac)

#616 spoderman  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

According to the hints, the next featured game seems to be Deus Ex Machina 2. Yeah, I think I'll pass..

Oh, and my guess is the BTA will have the first game in it. Deus Ex Machina GOTY Edition (yes, I'm serious)

#617 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Red Moran 5, standing by.

#618 spoderman  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

Man, the music in Standpoint is terrible. I haven't gotten far enough into the game to see if there's more than 1 track, but if there isn't.. ouch. It's bad enough that it gives me a headache if I don't turn it off.

What's really odd is they produced a very good original song for the trailer, which is far superior to the crap in game. Makes no sense to me. Here's the full song in the trailer.

#619 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

So I've been reading that reddit drama unfold and that thread is long, in a weird Reddit branching like 1992 sort of way. Anyhow, the long and the short seems to be that the developer felt he needed to go with a publisher because his game wasn't getting noticed on Greenlight (somehow he never thought to do a bundle DUUUUR) and this whole stuff about not having permission to go on IGS is probably due to some ESL Lost in Translation stuff between the publisher (BulkyPix) and the distributor (Plug In Digital) according to a couple of tweets.

Though why digital games need a distributor is beyond me. It seems like this guy was really clueless about self promotion and rather than trying to, you know, promote he just panicked and added a couple of layers of needless bureaucracy. 

It seems unlikely to get yanked at this point in case anyway was worried and wanted to wait until the last minute.

#620 spoderman  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

So I've been reading that reddit drama unfold and that thread is long, in a weird Reddit branching like 1992 sort of way. Anyhow, the long and the short seems to be that the developer felt he needed to go with a publisher because his game wasn't getting noticed on Greenlight (somehow he never thought to do a bundle DUUUUR) and this whole stuff about not having permission to go on IGS is probably due to some ESL Lost in Translation stuff between the publisher (BulkyPix) and the distributor (Plug In Digital) according to a couple of tweets.

Though why digital games need a distributor is beyond me. It seems like this guy was really clueless about self promotion and rather than trying to, you know, promote he just panicked and added a couple of layers of needless bureaucracy. 

It seems unlikely to get yanked at this point in case anyway was worried and wanted to wait until the last minute.

Yeah I don't get the point of needing a publisher for an indie game. If you have an AAA game, it totally makes sense to get a publisher.. but most indie publishers do a shit job of advertising anyway, so they're useless. From a PR standpoint I think a publisher is helpful, but that shouldn't be necessary unless you're a total dumbass and don't know how to communicate with your userbase. Many of the most successful indie games don't have a publisher..

#621 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4250 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

So, I panicked ordered this so I'd have my rare collectible Steam key and it was all for nuttin? I h8 u all....

#622 GauRocks  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

From a PR standpoint I think a publisher is helpful, but that shouldn't be necessary unless you're a total dumbass and don't know how to communicate with your userbase.

More indie devs should go through publishers based on this alone.

#623 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:51 AM

Publishers / distributors already have deals set up with stores and vendors, so devs (in theory) wouldn't have to do any of that stuff themselves.

The big problem is these devs are often pretty naive... and don't know the kind of companies they sign up with. Like Topware, who has a habit of screwing over indie devs. Just ask Alkemi and the hell they've gone through just to get their money which they will never see.

While they managed to stop the game from being sold on Steam and pretty much everywhere else thanks to their lawsuit, Topware still sells keys at their own storefront, in clear violation of the ruling against them. Topware won't lose distribution rights until October 2015 at the earliest, so that's almost three years of them not getting any money from their game. Hopefully once that contract expires, the game will be back - and fixed.

#624 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

Well these sorts of publishers we're talking about (Plug In, KISS etc) aren't Electronic Arts or even Paradox. They're basically some dudes on the internet going 'Hey we can promote your game for you...for a price' and clueless indie devs are all 'I'd buy that for a dollar!' etc.

If the end goal is just getting your game on Steam and having it sell okay then just put it on Greenlight, promote the damned thing, put it in a bundle so people have a vested interest in voting for it, don't make the same old trite shit we've seen a thousand times and don't be an asshole on the forums. Done.

You don't need to pay people for that.

#625 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

Deus Ex Machina 2

BTA: OST

#626 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

I feel like this should be set to the music of Tommy.

#627 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10563 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

#628 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20288 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Wow.  That looked awesome.  I'll wait for the Criterion Collection re-release.  

Edit:

After researching this thing, I am somewhat interested.  Just wish the first game was the bonus. 

#629 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

The Sun at Night

#630 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

Grey Cubes

• Available platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Steam
  • Featured Charity: Save the Children